Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 10:31 AM   #331
Order66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymoon95 View Post
I apoligize if this question has been answered already...

My husband is currently deployed and cannot purchase the tickets. We do not live near a military installation for me to purchase the tickets.

Would I be able to have a friend in the military purchase all 6 tickets for us (husband, myself, 3 kids and my mom) to visit in August or do they put names on the tickets at the ITR/MWR office? We have always purchased our tickets at SOG in the past but the offer will have expired for purchase by then.

TIA
My husband is a reservist and we don't live near a military base either. You have a couple options.

#1 check with your local USO office. This is where we usually buy tickets locally for military discounts. See if they will order them for you. Last year ours just referred us to SOG. So we went with option 2.

#2 Camp Pendleton in CA has an ITT that will Fed-Ex you what ever tickets you want to order. It was $8 in 09. We were going to both WDW and DL with the military salute tickets last year and DL didn't sell them at all. They had to be purchased in advance. So we called Camp Pendleton and had the tickets the next day. Since they are in CA they always stock DL tickets but for WDW I guess they have to order them and it can take an extra week or so.

Quote:
I asked this in another thread, but I'll ask here too. My brother is currently deployed with the National Guard. He gets home this month, and wants to go with us to Disney World in June. His "activated" status will be done by then, but he will still be a member of the Guard. I've tried to call Shades of Green for clarification, but since he is a member of the Guard, can he purchase the 4 day $99 tickets? The "active/activated" status has us confused, and Shades hasn't called or emailed me back. How long does it usually take for them to contact you? It's been 2 days now.

Thanks
See above. We are also a reserve family and used them at both parks last year. My husband went with us to CA, but to FL I took my 2 boys and my mother. I had no problems purchasing the tickets with my reserve spouse ID. Your brother is still a member of the NG and all he has to do is show his CAC to purchase and activate the tickets. You need to be a member of the US Armed Forces whether it's active, reserves or retired (or dependent spouse of the member) doesn't matter. Having the right ID is all that does. Last year they worded it that reservists had to be activated as in "on orders" for any length of time in 08 or 09. My husband did happen to have 28 days AD in Feb 09 and to be safe I brought a copy of those orders to both DL and WDW. We weren't asked for any orders, just IDs. This year there is no such wording. Disney didn't understand the ID's don't even show the difference anymore. The only ID's that are different are the retired. They look like the dependent ID's.

We stayed at SOG only once and we had to call several times to speak to a person. My experience was that they weren't great at calling back. We just called until we got someone.

regards
Old 04-07-2010, 10:50 AM   #332
manlscott
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the clarification. I'll let him know.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2010, 11:34 AM   #333
mdrob214
Denise a.k.a. Mikki and Pooh's Mom
I read it on the DIS....it must be true!
Personally, I hate making cupcakes, but like making the just for fun cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousireid View Post
I am going to add the WP&M option to our already purchased military tickets. We are using the four day Mil tix in June. We would like to go a day here or there with the WP&M part (we are an hour and a half drive away). SO! If we wanted to go to TL next week, do we bring the mil tix to TL to activate them? Or do we add WP&M at TL and use one day of that then (if it can be done at TL)? I am not going to any reg parks until June so want to know how to go about this. HELP!
You should have no troubles activating and adding WP&M at TL. Last year we activated our tickets at TL. Your regular park days (& WP) won't expire until Sep.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:22 PM   #334
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousireid View Post
I am going to add the WP&M option to our already purchased military tickets. We are using the four day Mil tix in June. We would like to go a day here or there with the WP&M part (we are an hour and a half drive away). SO! If we wanted to go to TL next week, do we bring the mil tix to TL to activate them? Or do we add WP&M at TL and use one day of that then (if it can be done at TL)? I am not going to any reg parks until June so want to know how to go about this. HELP!
The water park ticket and Guest Relations windows can sell and/or activate the Military Salute tickets, as well as add hopping and/or WPF&M.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesRI View Post
We're hoping to surprise our family with an April 2011 return trip to Disney.
Since DH is eligible for military tickets, is there any news about whether there will continue to be a discount next year?
Last time we went (2009) we had already purchased tickets before the military tickets were announced. I don't want to miss out on saving again!
I saw that for 2010 they were announced in Dec 2009. Is that what I should expect for 2011?
Who Knows What EVIL Lurks In The Heart Of Disney Marketing?!

When Disney feels ready to implement their next promotion they will do so. If other recent promotions have been any indication, for about the first month nobody will really understand it and the Marketing people will not have thought out all the ramifications.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Old 04-11-2010, 08:18 AM   #335
edk35
DIS Veteran

IS there any value in upgrading the military ticket to a DVC AP?? We are DVC members but we are also elgible for the special military ticket. We are planning on getting these for our July trip. I think I read you can upgrade them to AP's. However I don't think there is any deal by upgrading is there? My husband and two boys are adding the water park option to their passes so that means they would have to upgrade to the Premium AP right?? SO if we get the 99 buck pass add hopping to all 5 of them but add water park and more to 3, we can apply what we paid to get these toward the DVC AP???
Thanks

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
Old 04-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #336
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by edk35 View Post
IS there any value in upgrading the military ticket to a DVC AP?? We are DVC members but we are also eligible for the special military ticket. We are planning on getting these for our July trip. I think I read you can upgrade them to AP's. However I don't think there is any deal by upgrading is there? My husband and two boys are adding the water park option to their passes so that means they would have to upgrade to the Premium AP right?? SO if we get the 99 buck pass add hopping to all 5 of them but add water park and more to 3, we can apply what we paid to get these toward the DVC AP???
Thanks
The answer is "it depends..."

A four day adult hopper ticket with WPF&M is worth $350.39, including tax. A Military Salute ticket ticket with the same options is worth $158.69. When upgrading to any sort of AP from the MS ticket we do not do any price bridging, so the amount you would pay is the difference between the $158.69 and the cost (including tax) of the AP you are upgrading to.

The exception to this is if you get the tickets at SoG or MWR/ITT where you will usually get up to a 10% discount and not pay tax, so you would have paid $134.10 for the same MS ticket. We will bridge the discount and tax amount, so you could save up to $24.59 per ticket if not purchased at a WDW ticket window. So if you did not buy the MS tickets in advance you may as well go straight to the AP purchase.

Before you go to do any upgrade of this type, I would suggest you check the price list in Post #18 of the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this forum. Make sure that you are aware of how much you should be paying, as some of the ticket people may not always be aware of all ramifications.

And, in any event, if you do upgrade to an AP, the expiration date will be one year from the data of first use of the ticket you are upgrading from.

Old 04-11-2010, 02:52 PM   #337
edk35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post

A four day adult hopper ticket with WPF&M is worth $350.39, including tax. A Military Salute ticket ticket with the same options is worth $158.69. When upgrading to any sort of AP from the MS ticket we do not do any price bridging, so the amount you would pay is the difference between the $158.69 and the cost (including tax) of the AP you are upgrading to.

The exception to this is if you get the tickets at SoG or MWR/ITT where you will usually get up to a 10% discount and not pay tax, so you would have paid $134.10 for the same MS ticket. We will bridge the discount and tax amount, so you could save up to $24.59 per ticket if not purchased at a WDW ticket window. So if you did not buy the MS tickets in advance you may as well go straight to the AP purchase.

Before you go to do any upgrade of this type, I would suggest you check the price list in Post #18 of the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this forum. Make sure that you are aware of how much you should be paying, as some of the ticket people may not always be aware of all ramifications.

And, in any event, if you do upgrade to an AP, the expiration date will be one year from the data of first use of the ticket you are upgrading from.
Hello there. Thanks! I am confused where you came up with the 24.59 per ticket. We would buy our tickets on base so we would NOT pay tax. SO really that is a savings of 9.69 a ticket if you get the extra features of a 149 buck ticket. We are DVC membes so we would get a DVC member AP so we would have to pay tax but we get the discount. SO I was thinking that we would only save the 9.69 each for 3 tickets and only 8.06 for the other two passes because we would ONLY add hopping to that ticket. Is this right??? So total I guess we would save 45.19 TOTAL if we upgrade these 5 Miltary Salute park passes to AP's.

I know that some people buy passes and up grade to AP's. Is there a better deal to save a buck if we plan on getting 3 Discounted PAP's and 2 AP's?? What if we bought Magic Your Way passes at Shades of Green where they are discounted a bit and also are TAX FREE?? I guess I am asking what is the best way to save on those DVC passes??? Thanks so much!!!!

Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
Old 04-11-2010, 03:00 PM   #338
edk35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post

Are people getting a 10% discount on these MS tickets. Last year we paid the 99 plus the 25 for park hopping and another 25 on two of the passes for water parks and more. DH got the free ticket that came with extras. I am not aware of people getting 10% off of the 149 ticket if you add both hopping and wp/more?? Thanks

Old 04-11-2010, 07:47 PM   #339
LADYnTRAMP
Is living proof that begging works!

Thumbs up Thank You!

I just want to say Thank You to Cheshire Figment & The DIS for posting this and THANK YOU Disney & "Uncle Sam"!
Old 04-14-2010, 10:08 PM   #340
MerissaAndMomLoveDis
Mouseketeer

Question for Cheshire Figment

CF--I have a pin code for free QS this summer. I went online thru the email and it lets me do the following: 9 nights at Pop two adults and one child, upgrade to regular DDP, and 1 day ticket for $1498.19. I was kind of surprised it let me do a one day ticket under the Pin code deal and still get the free quick service value, as I had seen some posts saying that Disney was now requiring you to buy tickets for the length of the package to get the free dining days. My question is: If I book this deal, can I take the 1 day ticket that comes with the package and apply the value of those three one day tickets to buy three Military Salute tickets (which I think will will be about $124 a piece plus tax--adding WPFM)?

Thanks in advance to CF (or any other kind Dis'er who knows).
Disneyworld: Offsite Feb 2003, Feb 2004, June 2006 & Aug 2007; ASMu Nov 2008; Pop Century/Offsite/AKL May/June 2009; AsMu/Ft. Wilderness Cabins Nov 2009; Pop/ASSp June 2010; ASMov/Offsite May/June 2011; POFQ/Disney Dream March 2012; Offsite Nov 2012; Disney Magic from Galveston May 2013
Old 04-15-2010, 06:42 AM   #341
kidsrfun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerissaAndMomLoveDis View Post
CF--I have a pin code for free QS this summer. I went online thru the email and it lets me do the following: 9 nights at Pop two adults and one child, upgrade to regular DDP, and 1 day ticket for $1498.19. I was kind of surprised it let me do a one day ticket under the Pin code deal and still get the free quick service value, as I had seen some posts saying that Disney was now requiring you to buy tickets for the length of the package to get the free dining days. My question is: If I book this deal, can I take the 1 day ticket that comes with the package and apply the value of those three one day tickets to buy three Military Salute tickets (which I think will will be about $124 a piece plus tax--adding WPFM)?

Thanks in advance to CF (or any other kind Dis'er who knows).
When we were there last August during free dining, we also had to purchase a 1 day ticket in order to get the deal. I was able to take my ticket and use the money paid to put toward my military discounted ticket. I did it right at Guest Relations in DTD. What a great savings!!

Have fun on your trip!

February 2013 - Playing tour guide at the Pop! / August 2012 - My First Solo Trip! (SOG) / January 2012 - Holden Girls' Weekend Adventure! (POP) / Feb 2010 - First Holden Girls Only Trip to Disney (POP) / Aug 2009 - 25 Year Anniversary Trip (POP) / Aug 2004 - Chris and his Cool Aunt Trip (POP) / Nov 2000 - Surprise! We're spending Thanksgiving in Disney! (SOG) / Aug 1998 - Much needed Family Reunion Trip (SOG) / Aug 1995 - Just the 4 of us (SOG) / Many previous off site trips!
Old 04-15-2010, 02:26 PM   #342
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Yes. It will work.

Old 04-15-2010, 03:43 PM   #343
monkeybug
I feel safer when I know where they are than I do when they're crawlin' around unknown

How do they keep track of how many military tickets you buy? Not that I'm trying to buy more than allowed (I wish I could afford to go twice!!), but my husband just called our ITT and asked if we had to buy all 6 tickets at once or if we could buy two now and four later. The lady said that wouldn't be a problem. I'm just confused because I figured the way they kept the limit to six was by requiring you to buy them all at the same time.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:17 PM   #344
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

The name and date of birth (and some other information) of the Service Member is entered into the system before the sale is made. At that time we can see if there is a record of purchase. At the time of the sale we enter the number of tickets purchased into the system.

So if the service member or spouse comes to a ticket window at a later time we can see if the maximum allowable number of tickets has been sold.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #345
ElliBelle
Mouseketeer

sorry if I'm a bit dense but it IS okay to purchase some of the tickets now and more later, not all at once? So we could buy some in may and then buy more in the summer and use them without a problem?

off site x 3, 2007-2010 Shades of Green x 6, 8/09 Caribbean Beach, 11/09 All Star Movies.Upcoming trips; 8/2010 Beach Club CL, 09/2010 Shades of Green,11/2010 Royal Plaza at DTD, Dec 2010 Reunion - Executive Suite at the Dolphin, March 2011 POFQ, May 2011 POFQ, November 2011 AKL - Jambo House
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: