Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2010, 10:41 AM   #91
kimis
DIS Veteran

My mom passed away four years ago today and my heart feels like it was yesterday. The pain is still there and probably always will be. She was truelly my best friend and loved by so many. My dad passed away 10 months ago from a broken heart I think. Looking forward to a grand reunion someday though.
2007-DL Paradise Pier
2007-DL Candy cane Inn
2007-DL Portofino Inn
2006-POR 2005-POR 2005- DL Paradise Pier 1999-Dixie Landings (1st of many trips-I hope!) 1999- DL Holiday Inn and many more DL trips
kimis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:53 AM   #92
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
to you minniebeth, I experienced something similar when my grandmother was dying from her Alzheimers, but unlike with mom, I was more happy to see her slip away, because it meant no more pain and struggling for her, because you could see the pain in her face. I mourned her for awhile, but knew she was much better off.

I still have a hard time since my mom passed so suddenly, not even allowing me time to say good bye. It is not as bad as it had been, but I am starting to tear up as I type this. There are so many times I still look for her to get up and come into the room, especially when I am home alone.

Other people just don't get it do they, unless they have been there.

It's not crazy to feel that way. When Dh has to work and I have a day off, I wish she was still here to spend the day with, because I hate being alone.

Suzanne
Thank you for your kind words, Suzanne~
As hard as it is for me, I do get to say goodbye. I can't imagine losing a loved one so dear as a mom suddenly without being able to say goodbye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimis View Post
My mom passed away four years ago today and my heart feels like it was yesterday. The pain is still there and probably always will be. She was truelly my best friend and loved by so many. My dad passed away 10 months ago from a broken heart I think. Looking forward to a grand reunion someday though.
My thoughts are with you!

minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2010, 12:35 PM   #93
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post
Thank you for your kind words, Suzanne~
As hard as it is for me, I do get to say goodbye. I can't imagine losing a loved one so dear as a mom suddenly without being able to say goodbye.

My thoughts are with you!

Thank you, it has been a very difficult road, as I know yours will be, unfortunately, but you do have us here for support.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:44 AM   #94
LCARDVERO
Mouseketeer

I'm 49 and still have my 87 year mom which I am grateful for!!

However, I am posting for my 14 year old niece.

She lost her mom when she was 10 years old. My sister-in-law was divorced and her father took her for 2 years then decided it was took much work and decided "he didn't want her anymore". She is very aggressive. It's tough because she is angry, however she's very difficult to handle and no-one really wants the job of raising her. It's much more complicated. It's so hard as I try to protect my own daughter as she would beat her up. She's doing better now that she's older. Tough times!!!!

1997 Carribean Beach Resort
2000 (Nov) - OKW
2001 (Nov) - BWV
2002 (Apr) - VBR
2002 (Nov) - BWV + Universal
2003 (Nov) - BCV + Seaworld
2005 (Apr) - Disney 4 day cruise
2005 (Nov) - SSR
2006 (Apr) - Beaches Resort - Negril Jamaica
2007 (Nov) - SSR + Busch Gardens
2008 (April) - Princess 7day cruise-Eastern Carribbean
2009 (Nov) - BCV + Universa
2010 (Apr) - Carnival 7 day cruise - West Caribbean
LCARDVERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:13 AM   #95
Mad Tea Party
Have a magical day!

Hello everyone, I lost my mum to throat cancer when I was 5 years old, I remember it all like it was yesterday. It was totally out of the blue. I miss her all the time but at least she isn't suffering anymore. Although my dad has been amazing (he brought up 3 children on his own), I wish she was still here to see us all grow up xxx

WDW 2016 With DBF
Me DBF
Mad Tea Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:46 PM   #96
moepanz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Tea Party View Post
Hello everyone, I lost my mum to throat cancer when I was 5 years old, I remember it all like it was yesterday. It was totally out of the blue. I miss her all the time but at least she isn't suffering anymore. Although my dad has been amazing (he brought up 3 children on his own), I wish she was still here to see us all grow up xxx

Welcome to the thread. I can't imagine what it must have been like growing up without a mom. I was 39 when my mom passed away and I was devastated. I hope you find some comfort here.

1st trip off site 1992,2nd trip Dolphin 1992,3rd trip Dixie Landings 1996,4th trip CSR 2001,5th trip CRB 2007 (1st family trip)
,6th trip POP 5/5-5/8/08 Me and DS 5 and Grandma Breezy,7th trip 1 night at POP for MNSSHP 9/16/08 8th trip POR 1/27-2/3/09 (2nd family trip), 9th trip POP 9/17-922/09 DH 40th B-day and Grandma finished Chemo trip (3rd family trip) WE MISS YOU GRANDMA BREEZY!!! 10th trip POP 9/9/10-9/12/10 Me and the Dav! 11th trip POP 12/10/10-12/16/10 X-mas family trip 12th trip 12/13/11-12/19 POP 13th trip 12/10-12/18/13 AOA Nemo Suite! Nick's 11 b-day!
moepanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:17 PM   #97
Mad Tea Party
Have a magical day!

Thank you very much, it wasn't easy at all. We are lucky to have such a big and supportive family

WDW 2016 With DBF
Me DBF
Mad Tea Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:02 AM   #98
PrincessSuzanne

I have really been missing my mom this month. I was sick for most of the first 3 weeks of Jan and you know a girl needs her mama when she is sick, mine would wait on me hand and foot when I was sick, so I missed that while sitting home alone. DH just couldn't fill the bill on that one and when he is tired coming in from work, he didn't want to wait on me and most days I couldn't get out of the chair to do more than go to the restroom and refill my drink.

Her birthday is coming up next week and I just hope I can make it thru without too much drama.

Suzanne
Old 01-31-2011, 11:34 AM   #99
Pumpkingirl7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
I have really been missing my mom this month. I was sick for most of the first 3 weeks of Jan and you know a girl needs her mama when she is sick, mine would wait on me hand and foot when I was sick, so I missed that while sitting home alone. DH just couldn't fill the bill on that one and when he is tired coming in from work, he didn't want to wait on me and most days I couldn't get out of the chair to do more than go to the restroom and refill my drink.

Her birthday is coming up next week and I just hope I can make it thru without too much drama.

Suzanne
I know your pain. I'm 14 weeks pregnant and it is hard to enjoy it without my mom here to support me or be excited about the baby.
08- YC
09- PFQ
11- Wilderness Lodge
13-POR & my first surprise trip!!!

14- PFQ

Me (32)DH (30) DS (6) DD (2)
Pumpkingirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:39 PM   #100
PrincessSuzanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkingirl7 View Post
I know your pain. I'm 14 weeks pregnant and it is hard to enjoy it without my mom here to support me or be excited about the baby.
Congratulations. I gave up trying to have a baby after my mom passed away, because it just seemed like the right thing to do, for us. It just seemed at that point I kept trying for her.

Suzanne
Old 03-05-2011, 05:18 PM   #101
memster
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone, I lost my Mom 2-2-2011 and I will tell ya I just can't get a handle on it. Today was the day I packed her clothes it was one of the hardest things I've had to do. She was my bestfriend, we did everything together. She brought me so much joy and happiness. I can't think about life without that angel in it.
memster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:34 AM   #102
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by memster View Post
Hi Everyone, I lost my Mom 2-2-2011 and I will tell ya I just can't get a handle on it. Today was the day I packed her clothes it was one of the hardest things I've had to do. She was my bestfriend, we did everything together. She brought me so much joy and happiness. I can't think about life without that angel in it.
I am so sorry for your loss. It is so very hard and I know you will have some tough times ahead, and it's hard to imagnine right now, but time does heal, and as your heart starts to mend a little, all those wonderful memories of the joy and happiness she brought to your life will bring you smiles again.

I lost my mom in june of 09, and like you we had a great relationship, and the first year was so hard, and on her anniversary we had a mass and honored her with a big party and celebration of her life, and our family and her friends came, and she would have loved it. It's hard but we know she would want us to remember her with happiness and not tears.

I'm sending prayers that your memories will bring you comfort, and am sure your mom is watching over you. Give yourself the time you need to grieve. There is no timeframe for grief, and others who have been through what you're going through will understand, so reach out for support where you can.
Hang in there, take it one day at a time, and take care of yourself.

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #103
PrincessSuzanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by memster View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss. I still have days here 2 1/2 years later where I can't handle her being gone. I still haven't packed up my mom's clothes. I say that, I did give away a few things to a lady that really needed them. I know it is time to get rid of the rest of the stuff, but it makes me so sad I just haven't gone back to finish. I know she would want it all to go to charity or someone who needs it, it just, I don't know, brings me comfort.

Suzanne
Old 03-08-2011, 12:51 PM   #104
memster
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the comforting words Mikamah, it really does help. It's just so new and raw at this point. As you know for yourself every moment is different than the next. I try to think how lucky and greatful I was to have this awesome Human being in my life and I thank God for that.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:56 PM   #105
memster
Mouseketeer

Also wanted to thank Princess Suzanne too. I feel like I'm not alone out there. Thanks again

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: