Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2009, 07:32 PM   #1
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Poly+Teenager+Video Game Fanatic+Spoiled Princess = Disney Memories UPDATED 1/31

Welcome to whom ever decides to read my first official trip report! Since I am new at this I will apologize for my lack of grammaticly correct writing skills. Please, just try to bare with me on what was an amazing yet headache filled trip. (I will also warn you - I tend not to proof read - not enough time in the world - so giggle with me when I make those fun typos!) This year we decided to spoil ourselves and stay at the Polynesian Resort! We absolutely loved this resort! This was our 4th year in a row coming to WDW at this time, yet our 8th (more for my DH) in all.

We are a family of five from the great state of Illinois! Not yet asleep? I have come to this conclusion of where we live - it is just perfect for us. We are close to a major city - CHICAGO (say it like Norm from Cheers on SNL - hopefully anyone reading is old enough to remember those skits when Da Bulls were great). However, living in Illinois lets us appreciate the beautiful states we get to visit. Here is our list of characters for this trip:

DH - sales (home improvement focused); loves fishing, but doesn't get to go often; sports, sports, sports; great Dad to our three children - even though I don't tell him enough. Also, tall and believe it or not Italian with blonde hair and blue eyes and not Sicilian (it's the itsy bit of Polish and Swedish he won't admit to - likes the Italian thing).

DD13 - enough in the title? Someone finally explained it perfectly to me a teenager is like a toddler going through the terrible twos. They are trying to learn how to speak (like an adult) and when they get frustrated or say the wrong thing they have what is equal to that of a temper tantrum. I COMPLETELY AGREE!!! I will explain further later in my trip report - but she almost got sent home early on an airplane on her own. However, when she is behaving and being sweet she is wonderful. She is a great student, independent (good and bad), helpful and has such a good soul.

DS10 - energetic, sweet and still innocent. DS10 would be happy playing video games 24/7, but that will never happen. However, that does not mean that he is not going to ask. Mona Mickey Arcade and Disney Quest were his two favorite places, but we did get him out into the sunshine from time to time. He is striving for straight A's before our next trip. I promised I would take him to Disney Quest next year for a full night if he get's straight A's before we go again. It would be worth it.

DD3 - the princess! This was DD3's 4th trip and she is a little WDW fanatic and expert in her own way. This year the princesses were VERY big. Last year was a little bit of a nightmare with her and her temper tantrums, there was just no calming her down. This year, however, you could talk to her and remind her how to behave. She behaved better then DD13!

Me (DM) - the obsessed planner and blogger of this trip. My DD13 thinks it's hysterical that I have been blogging, but thanks to this board I found some great tips that I accreditted to this disboard during our trip. I work FT (Mon-Th) at a hospital. I was VERY stressed before leaving on this trip and decided to take the week prior off as well to get healthier. After 4 days of not being at work my headache that persisted for a month and a half finally left. I really needed to relax on this trip and I did.

+DSinlaw - joined us for a few days on this trip. Wonderful and spoils our kids rotten. She can drink though and you need to watch yourself that you don't get sucked into it or you will be incapacitated for at least the next day. She watches it around the kids, but can still get a little wild. We are happy that she can also have these special memories with us.

This trip was to celebrate our 15th Anniversary. We were married on April 22, 1995 and spent our honeymoon at the Wilderness Lodge which had only been open for about a year at this point. I remember when my future in-laws announced that our wedding present would be a trip to WDW and I thought - what the heck! But okay my soon to be DH loved it there. I only had one trip during my childhood and it was good, but not great. I had a few accidents that childhood trip: almost falling off the hotel balcony, getting trapped in an elevator for an hour by myself (Fire Dept had to pry the doors open), and then almost drowning on our trip to the ocean. However, I was game. Oh, look what they started!!!

As the trip approached the more and more I spent time reading and writing on the disboard. It was new to me and I was enjoying passing some of the time away up until our own trip. I even found out that I worked with a fellow diser! So here it goes for anyone willing to read.....
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Last edited by 1971DBday; 01-31-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:13 PM   #2
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Day One - Just Lost What I typed

Okay...for some reason I just lost everything I just typed in for day one. FRUSTRATING!!! I will write again tomorrow.Hopefully I can figure out this photobucket thing so I can show pictures.
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Last edited by 1971DBday; 12-14-2009 at 08:26 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2009, 08:52 PM   #3
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Bummer that you lost your first post.

Sometimes it is easier to print it out on a word doc. and then copy and paste it onto the DIs, that way you won't loose anything, and you can do spell check. But I'm not real big on spell check either.

Looking forward to your report. Did you drive or fly?
Old 12-14-2009, 09:21 PM   #4
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Day One - No Alarm Clock Needed

A little bit of history, this is DD3's first Thanksgiving at home. We have spent the last 3 Thanksgivings in WDW. We promised family this year that we would stay home for Thanksgiving this year and fly out the next day. I don't know if this was the smartest move on our part. We had two family Thanksgivings to eat at and all we could think about was getting on that airplane. Don't get me wrong it was nice to be with family - but FL and WDW was all on our minds. This also made our trip one less day, usally 10 days down to 9.

Anyway after stuffing ourselves it was back home by 10 p.m. and alarms set for 3 a.m.. I was the first to get up, without the alarm of course. It was scary, my dream was about getting up, getting ready and heading for the airport. When I finally DID get up I thought I was already done and completely confused because the dream felt so real. It was no problem getting everybody else up and the limo was promptly there at 5:15 a.m.. Our flight was out of Midway at 8 a.m., but after a trip a few years ago I would rather be early then running for the gate with 3 kids. The flight was nice - DD3 colored the entire time and announced that she had to go poo-poo before the seat belt signs went off (airplane bathrooms are small enough with a toddler, plus adult - imagine if you had a special need and needed another grown adult helping you - I don't know how they do it!); DS10 - played video games and was quite the whole time; and DD13 finished a book; I could not sleep - too excited; DH and DSL had their first cocktail to relax.

We arrived at MCO at approximately 11:30 a.m. and was at ME in no time. Our DSL was sent off to her off-site hotel by taxi and we headed to the ME check in line only to find out Disney had modified this process and we could walk right to the Poly bus line. This was so nice since the ME check-in line was HUGE!!! We were on the ME in 5 minutes and waited another 15 for more passengers.

The Poly was the first drop off! We patiently got off the bus and waited for our luggage (okay, my DH patiently waited - I rushed to the check-in). Now previous trips had taken me about 20 to 40 minutes just to check-in. The process is I check-in and my DH goes to the bar and gets the first cocktails of the trip - I need to unwind. As I briskly walked into the Poly with my DD3 in tow I disappointingly noticed the already forming line for the check-in. However, it was like angels signing above with a bright light above the "Online Check-in" sign came into view with not a soul near it. I cautiously walked towards the sign waiting for someone to jump in front of me realizing they had made a mistake and gone into the wrong line. The regular check-in line was not moving quickly and I took note of the order of the individuals in line. However, I successfully made it to the CM without another person near by. The CM appropriately greeted me by saying "aloha" and proceeded to ask me my name and reservation number. She then went and grabbed my all ready packet and then proceeded to say some things I can't quite remember the words I was waiting to hear were coming.

She then pulled out a map. You will be staying in "Samoa, room 1610." Is that the Volcano Pool side? I politely and eargerly questioned - "yes it is" she replied. I held in the hee-hee yet could not hide the large smile forming on my face. I then thanked her, received my families leis and ran for the family. I was bouncing up and down in excitement - this was exactly what I had requested - Samoa - 1st floor - volcano pool side! Oh and by the way the room was ready at 12:30 p.m.!!! Here is a family picture right after the good news!

Here is our room Samoa Room 1610:

Before it gets destroyed -

another view....

Hidden Mickey with DD3 (loves finding Hidden Mickeys)

Of course I can't relax until we are unpacked and settled, so we decided to get into our swimsuits and brave the cold and go for a dip in the 69 degree weather (please send us warmth)! The Black Eyed Peas were playing in the background and with one margarita in my system I braved the pool (photo of this will NOT be shared) for a swim with the kids and watched my DS10 and DD3 brave the slide.

After a couple of hours by the pool we headed back to the room to see if the luggage had arrived and it had. So I unpacked while everyone freshened up and then off to the Tambu Lounge for the first of many cocktails. Here was one of the few disappointments of the Poly. The room and the grounds were lovely and so well maintained. However, there were NO seats at the Tambu Lounge and by the time we obtained some a mess was left behind, including a broken glass. We waited and waited for some staff to arrive and take notice, but no one did so we finally flagged someone down. They came and cleaned up the broken glass, but left the rest of the mess - about 8 glassess, some leftover cocktail fruit and some used napkins. My frustrated DH and I decided to finally clean it up ourselves and share our space with a lovely older couple and their son.

Here are our two Mai Tais and my Glow-tini:

After our cocktails we headed to the monorail for our traditional two rides at MK. DD3 of course had to pass out for the grand entrance. Here are all of us for our first photopass moment, DD3 has just woken up to MK decorated for Christmas - she dealt with it all well:

Left to right: DD3, DD13 (holding DD3), DH (back), DS10, Me, DSL.

We had a great evening - Buzz Lightyear and then over to POTC and HM (DD13 wanted to do this at night) and then back to the Poly for a good nights sleep.

Now we had heard that turn down service was not always reliable, but ours went fine. My kids had always wanted chocolates on their pillows and this was our first chance to get this. Turndown service was persistant every night and I never had to call again. I was able to request it one time for our entire trip. Also I brought Lysol wipes to do a little additional cleaning (handles, phone, any missed spots) and I did not need them. I wiped down all of these things and the wipes showed minimal dirt. Here is a picture of our turndown service - it was an additional perk.

Okay - I am now officially tired. Day Two: MK, AK and Jikos (Wow a review of some fabulous food and one heck of mistake on my part!)

Old 12-14-2009, 09:24 PM   #5
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
Bummer that you lost your first post.

Sometimes it is easier to print it out on a word doc. and then copy and paste it onto the DIs, that way you won't loose anything, and you can do spell check. But I'm not real big on spell check either.

Looking forward to your report. Did you drive or fly?
I'm just happy right now that someone is reading. The word doc is a good idea, I am to tired right now to even have thought of that concept. I was eager to get my trip report started so I started again and completed Day 1. As you can see we flew - I'm not a fan of long car trips. My parents have a place near Traverse City, MI and that is far enough of a drive for me. Thinking of driving to Washington D.C. with the kids to see my brother this summer, but we will see.

Thanks for joining! I'm glad I won't be talking to myself.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:48 PM   #6
disney<333
DIS Veteran

I'm here!
Great start!
I just love the poly. Yay for getting the room you wanted.
I have a dd who just turned 14 so I know how they can be. 99 % of the time she is good though and she is very sweet.
We got back from Disney on thanksgiving. The link to my TR is is my sig if you're interested.
Weren't the christmas decorations gorgeous!?!?
Subbing and can't wait for more.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:12 PM   #7
Disneycouple99
DIS Veteran

I'm in!
Old 12-15-2009, 06:33 AM   #8
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Great start!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 12-15-2009, 07:27 AM   #9
DisneyDreamerMom
Mouseketeer

Just subscribed - can't wait to read more!
Old 12-15-2009, 08:22 AM   #10
lillylynnb
Mouseketeer

Cant wait to read more! Love the pictures need more !!!

Nov 2011 - Disney Dream
Sep 2010 - All Star Sports
Aug 2009 - We're going back home CBR
Dec 2008 - Frist family Cruise on the Wonder
Aug 2007 - Frist family vacation to Disney WL
Old 12-15-2009, 11:43 AM   #11
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

It sounds like your trip is off to a great start! My dream resort is the Polynesian. I will live vicariously through you and your family!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 12-18-2009, 02:58 PM   #12
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Day Two: MK, AK and Jikos (Wow a review of some fabulous food and one heck of mistake

We were all way to excited to sleep in the next day. We were all anxious to get the day started, but we still needed to wait until my SIL arrived at the Poly. I took a nice leisurely walk to purchase of mugs and come back with my DD13 refers to as the “Holy Grail”. It received this loving terminology because it makes DM and DD very happy and perks them up in the morning. We cannot start the day without the Holy Grail. DS10 had a bonus this morning - for some reason all of the video game in MMA were free. I let him play his little heart out:

Today’s plans – start out at MK in the morning, AK in the afternoon, and an early evening dinner at Jikos at AKL. This was the first of several ADRs and I was very excited to see if all of that planning, reviewing, voting and getting up like a crazed maniac at 5 a.m. at the 90 day mark. I enjoy the planning and it helped time go by as I reached each milestone in planning.

Back to the day’s events…now I am an early riser and I tried everything in the book to try to sleep in just once this trip, but that would never work and a theme started on day 1. Okay DM is ready…I would like to be at the park when it opens…actually about 20 – 30 minutes before it opens. This NEVER happened. I was happy to arrive just as the opening show was starting. So day 1 my SIL is taking her time and all of the kids and I just want to get to MK and hit the rides. DD3 #1 was to ride Dumbo, so I kindly state to my husband that we will meet him and his sister at MK and to call us when they get there. Now it is chilly outside, about mid to high 50s so we all bundle up, which is not what I want to be doing in FL, and we head off to catch the monorail to MK.

We arrive just in time for the kids to see the park opening show and then we’re off. Now as I have stated earlier – I am a speed walker and I expect my kids to keep up. DD3 is in the stroller and DD13 and DS10 are trying to keep up. We zip past all of the photopass photographers and all of the “browsers” and reach the castle only to be stopped by another rope. At this point I am just trying to politely block off all of the people who come after you who think they are extra special and should be allowed to wiggle past everyone else who has arrived before them because – heck – they are priority and should be able to go ahead of everyone else (yes sarcasm). I politely state loudly to my kids (who are not pushing) “remember kids there is no need to be rude and push – we will all get onto the rides along with everyone else.” I think the teenage girls took the hint.

Finally, rope drop and we head straight for Dumbo! We were the first group to ride, but the last in line – this was going to be a problem. You see my DD3 is obsessed right now with the color blue. Why??? You see Cinderella wears a blue dress. So she is at that lovely stage where everything she has to have or pick out MUST be blue. Well we were going to have a challenge getting a blue Dumbo. As we walked in to select our Dumbo and gentleman and his son obtained the last blue Dumbo. Well that set off the tears. I tried to explain to her “next time” but she was still a little tired and that wasn’t going to work and I did not want to hold up the ride. Luckily the very polite and understanding Dad offered their Dumbo and went to a Dumbo a few away from the rest of his family. I first declined because I did not want to give into her fits, but he insisted. DD3 – 1; DM – 0. Here is DD3 and her sister DD13 on the BLUE DUMBO:

Because the line was so short we were able to walk right back on again and once more it was straight to the BLUE DUMBO. At this point DH and DSIL were still not at the park so it was off to my favorite attraction Mickey’s Philharmagic! Just before we entered DH called and said they were walking down Mainstreet. I told them walk faster and to meet us inside MPM. They made it just in time to join us. I love when DD3 tries to catch all of the 3D items and I can’t seem to stop humming along.

We decided to stay in Fantasyland since it was such a low crowd. We were able to ride Snow White, Winnie the Pooh, CC and It’s a Small World with very little wait (under 5 minutes each). I know a lot of people find IASW an annoying little kid ride, but it’s a Disney favorite of DD3 and mine – it’s just a have to do it because of Mom for the rest.

DS10, DD3 and DD13 on CC:

We then headed to MTT and let DD3 experience her first official rollercoast GBS and she loved it! We decided to go on again so I could get some video footage, DD3 was so excited that she told the CM at the entrance that she was a big girl now and could ride big kid rides. Here is a photo of DD3 and DD13 in front of one of DD3s favorite new rides.

Afterwards we decided to try for Space Mountain again (tried the evening before) but the ride was not working AGAIN. The ride had just re-opened after refurbishment on 11/21 and was having technical difficulties throughout our whole trip. Again no luck so we did TSW (DD13 getting anxious to drive):

Then to BLY and then measured in DD3 for SGE and they let her go on. This was the only 40” height requirement ride she got on the whole trip. She did not like the darkness and wiggled out of her seat screaming, but once she saw Stitch that got her attention and she stayed in her seat the rest of the time. She remained panic stricken, but still stayed put. When the show was done you could not get her out of there fast enough!

It was a little after noon now and we decided to stop for a healthy lunch of popcorn and Mickey Dove Bars (really Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bars, but this is what we call them.) It is DD13 goal to each one every day of the trip (yes she did it).

It was then off to AK for the afternoon. We decided to take the ferryboat over to the TTC and then a bus to AK. The wait for the bus wasn’t that long and we had to wait for a change in shift for the drivers. The new driver came on board and welcomed us on. At this point I joking stated “well we heard you were giving out free massages – so I’m game.” My DH and DSIL both dropped their jaws and looked at me like “I can’t believe you just said that”. The bus driver blushed (very dark African-American complex) and did a little to embarrassed to know what to say smile. My husband stated, “look what you did to the poor guy – he doesn’t know what to say.” My reply back was “hey I’m relaxed and just joking – would you like the pissy me back?” Everyone finally just laughed at what was supposed to be my embarrassment – but it wasn’t. I was just relaxed and having fun.

Finally at AK! A few pictures and DS10 pointing out the Hidden Mickey to DD13 again. Last year, DD13 would not own up to her brother catching this one first. So we had to get a picture of the HM and the family in front of the TOL.

The afternoon was pretty focused on “big kid rides” EE and Dinosaur. We would come back later for DD3, plus I wanted her to take a nap before dinner at Jikos.

My job as in year’s prior was to let everyone else go on EE while I went and got FP for Dinosaur. So off I went and so did they. We got back and sat in the viewing section for EE. After a short time DD3 announces that she has to go potty. We head for the bathroom and then back. Still no one is around, so I text them asking where they are. They stated they were by the photos, so inside I go to view the pictures. They are nowhere around and not answering their phones. I am now tired of waiting and decide to go get one of the jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzels and a beer. I walk all the way back to find out they are sold out. No sign (which would be nice). So then I head back trying to avoid the soon coming parade and the people stopping in the middle of the pathway to have a discussion – move to the side people. I then get to the beer stand and the line is LONG, well forget that – no pretzel – no beer. I get back to EE and I text them again. They are just about to get on the ride AGAIN! They couldn’t find me (no call) so they decided to ride again! I am no PISSY, but DD3 is sound asleep. At least that goal is taken care of and she will be happy for our fancy dinner.

I finally meet up with our group and give “the look” followed by several apologies. Okay we are Disney – push out the frustrations and off to Dinosaur. Thanks to “wife swap” as my DH calls it we were able to let the kids go on a couple of times. My DSIL hates this ride – it terrifies her – not sure why. So the kids and I decide to take a fun photo with her and make it look like we are all picking our noses when the flash goes off. Unfortunately, we never got to see the photo because there was an elderly woman on our car that took awhile to get off the ride. By the time we got up there the picture was gone. Mom is all about maturity in Disney! People at work would be shocked at my behavior.

Anyway – off to the long awaited Jikos. My goals here – a peaceful adult dinner with a good glass of wine and filet mignon with white cheddar cheese macaroni! Our bus trip to AKL was not easy. We had never been to AKL and we were unsure of where we were going. Once we arrived our driver could not pull up all the way and we sat in the drive for about 10 minutes without any update (we were still fine on time since I wanted to explore the resort). Finally, a woman gets up because her toddler REALLY needs to go and is about to have an accident on the bus. The driver states she cannot call anyone, nor do anything. The woman states that if her child needs to go, then he will just need to go in the corner of the bus. As she walked by I commented that she needed to do what she needed to do. The driver would not let us off the bus. About 2 minutes later the bus finally moved and we patiently waited as the woman darted off the bus with her 2 year old. I asked the driver if this was the stop for Jikos since we were unfamiliar with the resort – she stated yes so we got off.

We enter the beautiful lodge and asked a CM how to get to Jikos. They stated that this was the wrong building. The CM at the desk then checked to see if someone could transport us, but there was nothing available. My DSIL leg was really bothering her and walking was becoming painful. I asked how long the walk was to the right building (8-10 minutes) and then asked directions. That got us lost, so we asked again. About 30 minutes later we finally arrived exhausted and ticked but relieved. We arrive at Jikos just in time for our reservation, but here are a few pictures I got of the lobby and viewing area:

Ceiling at one of the buildings:

View:

Christmas Tree in main building:

We waited to be seated and this is when the fun started. DD3 started to cry loudly that her legs were hurting. She has been going through some growing pains and they decided to kick in. She gets very upset and there is no consoling her until the pain goes away. So I swoop her up and take her to the bathroom so she does not disturb anyone. I sat on the bathroom floor rubbing and rubbing her legs and startling a few patrons. Finally the pain went away about 10 minutes later so we headed back to find our group who was nowhere in site.

My DH showed up a few minutes later and brought us to the table where the waiter from HONG KONG (not what I was expecting, but he was very nice and attentive so no disappointment) was taking our drink orders. I started to look at the wine list and described to our waiter what I liked and didn’t like and asked if he had any suggestions. He made his recommendation and before I could look up the price on the wine list DD3 announces that her tummy hurts and that she needs to go poo-poo. So in my chaotic state of mind I swoop her up and tell the waiter that sounds perfect, but excuse me. We rush off to the bathroom and the tummy pain is diarrhea – just what I need for my nice relaxing, anticipated, adult meal. I question whether we should stay at this point because she is going a lot. She finishes up and we head back to the table, I am now waiting for the fever to kick in.

The waiter brings me the bottle and pours a little for me to sample. I have other things on my mind right now, but I sample and I just tell him it’s good. It ended up being a very good South African red wine (I usually don’t care for red), but I would not finish it (reason coming up). We decide to order the Artisan Cheese appetizer and again DD3 announces more tummy pains – we are off to the races once more, but no fever. Upon my return the appetizer has arrived. We only did one, because we have to pay for appetizers and we wanted to save room for the entrée. This was phenomenal appetizer! Each one had it’s own individual taste that was just out of this world. I meant to save the card with they types of cheese from France, Spain, Africa and America, but it was lost in the evening’s chaos. DD3 announces one last trip to the bathroom, which DD13 kindly offers to take her to (see she can be nice). DD13 reports nothing of substance and our entrees arrive. Now I thought we would all order something a little different, but besides two different kid meals (DD3 didn’t eat a thing) that was not the case. We all ordered the filet mignon with red wine sauce and white cheddar macaroni and cheese.

I had the sauce on the side because of a previous trip report that described it as a barbecue sauce – this was not accurate. It was a thin red wine sauce with a hint of hickory flavor to it – delicious (and I am a picky eater). The filet was cooked wonderfully and melted in your mouth and the white cheddar macaroni was a perfect compliment. This was my most favorite meal of the trip and completely worth the two table service credits! Unfortunately, I am one of those individuals who when I start feeling full needs to stop. If I don’t I can get very sick. Well I could not stop eating this dish and then on top of it they brought out the Crème Brule….this was the death of me. I excused DD3 and myself and headed straight for the bathroom with severe abdominal pain. I spent he next 15 minutes thinking “I will never make it back to the Poly.” Not the place to get sick in a public bathroom. Finally, I get enough strength to make it to the lobby in which I call my family and tell them they have 2 minutes to get to the lobby – we are leaving now.

Longer story shorter – we took a cab because I could not handle bus transfers and walking. I apologized to my family and went straight to the room and told them they did not need to go with me. I fell asleep in pain and they partied the night away in the Mona Mickey Arcade and the Tambu Lounge – they reported a fun evening even under the circumstances and I swore off stuffing myself again on this trip.

By the way – back quickly to the wine. Remember the glass of wine the waiter suggested? NEVER, and I mean NEVER order a glass of wine at WDW when in a hurry. I had scolded my DH before we even left that he was not going to order any expensive tequila at the new tequila bar at Mexico in EPCOT. Well my husband rubbed it in the next morning of our dinner that at Jikos that I had ordered a $28 glass of wine – opps. Also, I had not finished it thanks to my tummy problems – opps again. My bad…..

Next: Day 3 – Nice Weather Report: DHS, pool time, BBB and CRT (Princess Day)

Old 12-18-2009, 03:02 PM   #13
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney<333 View Post
I'm here!
Great start!
I just love the poly. Yay for getting the room you wanted.
I have a dd who just turned 14 so I know how they can be. 99 % of the time she is good though and she is very sweet.
We got back from Disney on thanksgiving. The link to my TR is is my sig if you're interested.
Weren't the christmas decorations gorgeous!?!?
Subbing and can't wait for more.
Thanks! I'll have to join in on your TR as well! I love re-living my trip - it wasn't long enough. We have booked next years trip with the in-room deal of 40% off and back to the Poly we go.

Old 12-18-2009, 03:04 PM   #14
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneycouple99 View Post
I'm in!
Welcome...I hope my lenghty writing doesn't bore anyone to death.

Old 12-18-2009, 03:10 PM   #15
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneycouple99 View Post
I'm in!
By the way, AKL is beautiful (at least what I got to enjoy of it). However, it is HUGE that was one heck of a walk on Day 2 TR. You obviously enjoy it any recommendations if we ever decide to try this resort?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: