Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2010, 10:34 PM   #751
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
We've yet to see a snowflake!
Wha? Too much warmth from the ocean?

Where we are, the effect of the ocean usually keeps the snow accumulation down, for the usual path of weather -- west to east. But this one's a "nor-easter" that kind of comes up the coast, and we tend to get dumped on.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:52 PM   #752
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Brrrr... too much cold talk here!! Today it's MINUS 6 F out!! Poor puppies, if they didn't poop all over the floor, I'd let them in, but that gets old quickly!

See what all your planning skills you learned here on the boards got you for your trip! Pays to plan!

All7OfUs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2010, 10:09 AM   #753
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Brrrr... too much cold talk here!! Today it's MINUS 6 F out!! Poor puppies, if they didn't poop all over the floor, I'd let them in, but that gets old quickly!

See what all your planning skills you learned here on the boards got you for your trip! Pays to plan!
Ooooo, that's cold. The only bad thing with it being warmer here is that this storm they predicting will be wet, heavy snow. I prefer the fluffy stuff. I've got a small snowblower that can't handle it when it's wet. Hopefully it'll be cold enough.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #755
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
just starting to rain here....
Let's hope it stays there and doesn't follow you!

Old 02-05-2010, 11:18 AM   #756
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hope so too.
jordanyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:22 AM   #757
kangaand2roos
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Ooooo, that's cold. The only bad thing with it being warmer here is that this storm they predicting will be wet, heavy snow. I prefer the fluffy stuff. I've got a small snowblower that can't handle it when it's wet. Hopefully it'll be cold enough.
Looks like best case we're expecting 10 or 11 inches...Worst case, a foot and a half! At least it's the weekend and John will be in town. I have kind of a bad back and neck and shoveling isn't good for me. I do it if I have to but usually pay for it!

Does everybody have their bread, milk and toilet paper? I guess there's nothing to do now but sit back and see what happens .Everybody be safe and keep warm!
kangaand2roos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:46 AM   #758
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
just starting to rain here....
Time to get outta Dodge.

Quote:
Yes. Looks like he should be good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangaand2roos View Post
Looks like best case we're expecting 10 or 11 inches...Worst case, a foot and a half! At least it's the weekend and John will be in town. I have kind of a bad back and neck and shoveling isn't good for me. I do it if I have to but usually pay for it!

Does everybody have their bread, milk and toilet paper? I guess there's nothing to do now but sit back and see what happens .Everybody be safe and keep warm!
My back can't handle the shoveling either. I can do it, but then I pay for it for about a week.

Judy got milk for us last night, but only 1 gallon. I was like, "um, I would've gotten 2".
Old 02-05-2010, 11:52 AM   #759
All7OfUs

I'm going to finish up the 5Bucks report tonight. I'll edit my comments into here. I'm ready for the grand finale!

First off, I'm glad you started out with DHS. It's my least favorite park, and I would have wanted to end it with something really nice like AK. Just me though, I"m sure you had other reasons you did it that way.

Anyway, was totally cracking up at "James talking trash". Too funny!

I'll have to remember the single rider hint at TSM. I might "suggest" on the sly that maroo and LeeAnn go ahead and ride together- They have a lot of fun! (and I"ll smoke their pants off)

Nice HM work there on the cords in RnRC!! I found a few like that too, and was pretty stoked. I know, pretty geeky.

You were FiP holding maniacs! I"m loving how those VIP thingys worked.

Can I just be a little enquiring?? What is wrong with that tiger in your last picture?? He looks like he's been run over by a bus. Are they all that flat?

I may have another idea for a photo theme now. Fountains. Some of the theming around them is pretty cool!

Whooops! FANNY PACK PANIC!! Been there- done that. Know that gut sinking feeling. So glad she found it! Finding a new inhaler would have been a huge pain!

Last edited by All7OfUs; 02-05-2010 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:02 PM   #760
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm going to finish up the 5Bucks report tonight. I'll edit my comments into here. I'm ready for the grand finale!
Let 'er rip....I'll edit my responses into here.

Quote:
First off, I'm glad you started out with DHS. It's my least favorite park, and I would have wanted to end it with something really nice like AK. Just me though, I"m sure you had other reasons you did it that way.

Anyway, was totally cracking up at "James talking trash". Too funny!
I don't remember why we went to DHS first, but I'm sure we had some reasoning.

James loves videogames and hates to lose. I haven't told him about Disney Quest yet.

Quote:
I'll have to remember the single rider hint at TSM. I might "suggest" on the sly that maroo and LeeAnn go ahead and ride together- They have a lot of fun! (and I"ll smoke their pants off)
There you go! Strategy right from the start.

Jenbear, if you're reading this, you still have to ride with Bubba. No unfair advantages for you.

Quote:
Nice HM work there on the cords in RnRC!! I found a few like that too, and was pretty stoked. I know, pretty geeky.
That one pretty much jumped out at me.

Quote:
You were FiP holding maniacs! I"m loving how those VIP thingys worked.
Fastpass is one of the best Disney "innoventions" ever. The VIP ones were the bomb.

Quote:
Can I just be a little enquiring?? What is wrong with that tiger in your last picture?? He looks like he's been run over by a bus. Are they all that flat?
I had to go look at what you were talking about. He's laying in about 6-8" of water, so you've got a light refraction thing going on.

Quote:
I may have another idea for a photo theme now. Fountains. Some of the theming around them is pretty cool!
Oooo, that would be good. Now are you talking drinking fountains only, or also decorative ones? The theming at AK is especially good.

Quote:
Whooops! FANNY PACK PANIC!! Been there- done that. Know that gut sinking feeling. So glad she found it! Finding a new inhaler would have been a huge pain!
Yep, she was very worried. I was kinda surprised we hadn't lost something before that point.

Last edited by glennbo123; 02-05-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:59 PM   #761
kangaand2roos
Mouseketeer

And the snow begins! It's not sticking to the roads and sidewalks yet, but there is a coating on the grass already...
Old 02-05-2010, 02:54 PM   #762
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And the snow begins! It's not sticking to the roads and sidewalks yet, but there is a coating on the grass already...
Nothing here yet, but it's coming.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:03 AM   #763
All7OfUs

So are you all snowed in yet?? Still have power??

Old 02-06-2010, 04:38 AM   #764
kangaand2roos
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So are you all snowed in yet?? Still have power??
WE still have power. Can't speak for the rest of the Mid Atlantic! I just walked the dog and had to shovela path for him. He's a French Bulldog puppy and kind of short! The snow is up to my kneesish...over 20" I'd venture!
Old 02-06-2010, 05:55 AM   #765
All7OfUs

Quote:
WE still have power. Can't speak for the rest of the Mid Atlantic! I just walked the dog and had to shovela path for him. He's a French Bulldog puppy and kind of short! The snow is up to my kneesish...over 20" I'd venture!
Wow!! I just saw on BBC a headline that read "Blizzard Paralyzed US East Coast". I'll go read it now. Sounds like a few days off school maybe for the kiddos. Be warm and safe.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: