Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2010, 02:07 PM   #1501
hucifer
The tag that was here was staler than 3 yr old bread crumbs
The Van Halen song "Running with the Devil" was about my parakeet!
Smell anything? It's just my sauerkraut

Off topic... (Is there such a thing on THIS thread?)

Glenn, I've been reading your $5 trip report...and then I got to the part where you were having a date with Judy. And then I read a Jim Gaffigan quote from you. And I was all...no way.

So if you thought I was a Glennbo Groupie BEFORE, I'm like a Ginormous Glennbo Groupie NOW.

Anyone who can work in a Jim Gaffigan quote into their TR is okay with me.

And...I am so proud of James for tackling EE! Looks like we were in WDW around the same time (I went mid-July, just after you left).

I'm not done with it yet, but I'm close. I'm sorry that I missed it while you were posting it. It's just that I wasn't a Glennbo Groupie back then. And that's no one's fault but my own. [hangs head in shame]

To hold you over for the weekend, a few more quotes:

Quote:
Whenever I'm out of town for at least a week, I feel like I should write a postcard or something, but you can be a genius, you try and write a postcard you come across like a moron anyway: "This city's got big buildings. I like food. Bye."
Quote:
We’re never satisfied when it comes to food. "You know what’d be good on this burger? A ham sandwich. Instead of a bun, let’s use two donuts. That way we can have it for breakfast. Look out McGriddle. Here comes the donut-ham-hamburger!"
Quote:
There is the vegetarian Hot Pocket for those of us who don't want to eat meat, but would still like diarrhea.
Quote:
I love how New York is so multicultural. I wish I was ethnic. I'm nothing. Because if you're Hispanic and you get angry, people are like, "He's got a Latin temper!" If you're a white guy and you get angry, people are like, "That guy's a jerk."
One of the funniest comedians I've ever seen. Hubby and I once saw him here in Detroit. I wet my seat from laughing so hard.

Last edited by hucifer; 03-19-2010 at 02:14 PM.
hucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:41 PM   #1502
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
That's what I was thinking. Seriously. I know I put in a bunch of dumb smilies but I really was thinking that.

It'd be even more convenient if Cafe Oberlaa was in my neighborhood.

The picture that started it all..

I have NO doubt you were thinking that. Dumb like a fox. Pretty soon it will be Pampered Chef Strudel Deluxe!! I'm sure product placement could be worked in.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2010, 02:49 PM   #1503
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
mmmmm....pumpkin rolls!

They are a family tradition here. My mom started making them about 20 years ago and now we have them every thanksgiving and christmas. I have several neighbours who ask me when pumkin roll time will come.

great, now I need to make one.

oh, jordy.....an entire box of prunes?

I love those Holiday traditions Cherie

Now for the combo of Jordy and PRUNES
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:39 PM   #1504
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucifer View Post
Off topic... (Is there such a thing on THIS thread?)
Obviously not! So, no apology needed.

Quote:
Glenn, I've been reading your $5 trip report...
Yay! Okay, continue.

Quote:
and then I got to the part where you were having a date with Judy. And then I read a Jim Gaffigan quote from you. And I was all...no way.
Ahhh, inspired by the bread at Kona Cafe. I love how he says "breeeaaaad." "You got anymore a that free breeeaaad?"

Quote:
So if you thought I was a Glennbo Groupie BEFORE, I'm like a Ginormous Glennbo Groupie NOW.

Anyone who can work in a Jim Gaffigan quote into their TR is okay with me.
We LOVE Jim Gaffigan...maybe the kids even more than me. Except for the time when James accidentally called him Bill Gaffigan, but I won't mention that. Oops.

Quote:
And...I am so proud of James for tackling EE! Looks like we were in WDW around the same time (I went mid-July, just after you left).
He did all right!

Oh man, imagine if we were there at the same time and like somehow we ended up in a ride queue together...I'd probably be in a wheelchair right now.

Seriously though, it's too bad we missed each other. Maybe someday our paths will cross.

Quote:
I'm not done with it yet, but I'm close. I'm sorry that I missed it while you were posting it. It's just that I wasn't a Glennbo Groupie back then. And that's no one's fault but my own. [hangs head in shame]
Uh, not many people were. At the time.

Quote:
To hold you over for the weekend, a few more quotes:
Thanks for the quotes! We spout them often! The Hot Pockets bit is CLASSIC.

I used to do the "Manatee on the Ricki Lake show" bit a lot: "I live in the ocean." "It just so happens that you live in the ocean 'cause you ain't got no job!" "You need to get in Weight Watchers. Join some kinda program or something."

Lately we've been doing the "Reading from the Bible you can't make something up" bit: "A letter from Peter to the Apostles.......Dear Apostles....how was your weekend?"

Quote:
One of the funniest comedians I've ever seen. Hubby and I once saw him here in Detroit. I wet my seat from laughing so hard.
I believe it. I'd love to see him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
The picture that started it all..
Yes it did. Liesa's family can thank me....they ate strudel a few hours ago.

Quote:
I have NO doubt you were thinking that. Dumb like a fox. Pretty soon it will be Pampered Chef Strudel Deluxe!! I'm sure product placement could be worked in.
Aw, you gave me up before I could work in the famous apple-peeler-corer-slicer, which I affectionately call the APCS. It sounds all military that way. And baking stones are the best way to get the dough to brown just the way you want it, especially if you're using that freezer-section stuff.

I have been known to make a few sales. One time I came home from work and told Judy that so-and-so wanted to order a family skillet and lid. She paused and said, "that's like a $150 order!?" And I was like, "yup."

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I love those Holiday traditions Cherie

Now for the combo of Jordy and PRUNES
Yeah, that combo is one tradition that nobody needs, huh Rosie?!
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 05:07 PM   #1505
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Aw, you gave me up before I could work in the famous apple-peeler-corer-slicer, which I affectionately call the APCS. It sounds all military that way. And baking stones are the best way to get the dough to brown just the way you want it, especially if you're using that freezer-section stuff.

I have been known to make a few sales. One time I came home from work and told Judy that so-and-so wanted to order a family skillet and lid. She paused and said, "that's like a $150 order!?" And I was like, "yup."
I have considered purchasing said APCS more than once. And I have a baking stone....somewhere....

eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:19 PM   #1506
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

I can't keep up with this PTR anymore! After a day I've missed nearly 2 pages! Gah! I'm still reading Glen. Just haven't had much time to respond. I have 4 days off now so now I can play catchup (or is it ketchup? catsup? ketchup? catsup?)
Old 03-20-2010, 02:07 AM   #1507
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

As promised here is my lazy man's version of strudel. I used the dough that we can buy here, which is very similar to phyllo. I use it for making turn overs with all kinds of fillings from creamed tuna to honey and nuts (like baklava). So, being inspired by the strudel talk, I gave apples a try...

The result was the entire thing being eaten in one sitting. I lamented this morning that I should have made 2 so we could have had it again for breakfast.

It won't earn a "WOW" award for being beautiful, but it sure was tasty! I do think it doesn't look too far off of what Glenn's from Cafe Oberlaa looked like.

All7OfUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:14 AM   #1508
kangaand2roos
Mouseketeer

Sorry I've been MIA. I think I'm caught up now!
kangaand2roos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:02 AM   #1509
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have considered purchasing said APCS more than once. And I have a baking stone....somewhere....

I'll admit the APCS is kind of a one-use tool and not real practical unless you make a lot of apple pies or something. Now the baking stone can be used for a lot more than just pizza, get it out and use it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
I can't keep up with this PTR anymore! After a day I've missed nearly 2 pages! Gah! I'm still reading Glen. Just haven't had much time to respond. I have 4 days off now so now I can play catchup (or is it ketchup? catsup? ketchup? catsup?)
Good to know you're still here. I think it's catchup, as you originally had, or maybe it's hyphenated. It's definitely not catsup. That word should be stricken from the dictionary! We have a perfectly good word for the tomato-based condiment that we put on hamburgers, and that's "ketchup"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
As promised here is my lazy man's version of strudel. I used the dough that we can buy here, which is very similar to phyllo. I use it for making turn overs with all kinds of fillings from creamed tuna to honey and nuts (like baklava). So, being inspired by the strudel talk, I gave apples a try...

The result was the entire thing being eaten in one sitting. I lamented this morning that I should have made 2 so we could have had it again for breakfast.

It won't earn a "WOW" award for being beautiful, but it sure was tasty! I do think it doesn't look too far off of what Glenn's from Cafe Oberlaa looked like.

Looks good, especially the shot showing the gooey goodness inside. Nice job getting the crust GBD -- Golden, Brown, and Delicious. What did your family think when you had to pause to take a picture of it? "Mom's off her rocker?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangaand2roos View Post
Sorry I've been MIA. I think I'm caught up now!
Glad to have you back, and good to hear you're caught up. I know it's not easy!
Old 03-20-2010, 07:21 AM   #1510
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Looks delicious!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:26 AM   #1511
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

The GBD!! I likey the sound of that!!

All7OfUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:28 AM   #1512
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Looks delicious, Liesa!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 02:31 PM   #1513
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Looks delicious!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Looks delicious, Liesa!
She did a nice job.

Quote:
The GBD!! I likey the sound of that!!
I stole it from Alton Brown on "Goods Eats" on the Food Network.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:25 PM   #1515
dd50
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Looks delicious!
It sure does. Maybe I will make one of them if I can use the phyllo, because me and rolling dough usually just turns into a big mess.
dd50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: