Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2009, 09:32 AM   #1
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Christmas Magic: DH Finally Gets It!! Update: pg9 Last Day, Wrap up!

Hello!
Welcome to my TR! My family and I recently spent a glorious 6 days with the Mouse for the holidays. It was our first time to WDW at Christmastime. To sum up our vacation with one smilie I'd use . It was truly magical and beautiful and wonderful!! We did hit a few bumps in the road but for the most part all we had was FUN!

At the start of this trip I had plans to meet up with a bunch of December DISers. I did get to personnally meet a few, and a few others I can now call friends if only through the DIS and FB!

I'll start with a quick into:
I'm Rosie-(Disneychix)- I'm the DISer in the family! I've been to WDW a bunch of times as a kid and every year (sometimes multiple times) since 1996. The early years were day trips with family. My grandparents live 6months of the year near Tampa so we visited them every Easter vacation. The later years were trips with 3 different boyfriends , one that eventually became my DH! I even convinced him to get married in WDW and we had our very own Swan/Dolphin wedding in 2005! Life is good for us! I was looking forward to seeing all the Christmas Magic at WDW!

DH-Pat- Claims to 'not be that into Disney' but he keeps going back with me! I think he just uses this as his excuse when people make fun of him for going so often. DH works hard for our family so we can do fun things like going to FL and boating in the summers. He's my live-in Rockstar! He plays the drums in a local band in our area. He complains about taking every vacation to WDW but I do try to mix it up, we've been to DisneyLand too! DH was really looking forward to staying at the WL (finally) and going to FL when it's not 95 and humid outside!

DS-Brady- This was Brady's 3rd trip to WDW at the ripe old age of 2.75yrs. This was the trip where he finally 'got' Disney. He was excited to see Lightning McQueen and Minnie. He's recently fascinated with Toy Story also. Brady was my little preemie baby, born at just 29 weeks. He has come so far and is doing great. He is rarely sick and has totally caught up physically to his peers. He does have expression language issues but in the last month or so he's really blossoming. His speech is expanding by leaps and bounds everyday!

DM-Momma/Grammie Linda-This is my mom's 2nd trip to WDW with us. She's the best! Her DH doesn't like to fly so she goes on vacation with us! She had her own room at the WL (thankfully we got connecting) and just goes with the flow of the trip. She's a thrill seeker and RnRC is her favorite ride! My mom and I do NOT like nature-so she was a bit afraid of the idea of the WL. Would she like it??

Us in Sept 2009

The details: 6days, 5 nights, 4 people used 3 beds in 2 rooms at the WL. Oh, we rented 1 car! We got a great 40% off pin code (that we also used for our March trip) and we bought the DDP.

Follow along if you'd like!

I'll try to add pics later, I can never remember my passwords and am locked out of photobucket!

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!

Last edited by Disneychix; 04-13-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:01 AM   #2
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

What a cute family you have! We won't be going back to Disney (our 15th trip) until the end of May, 2010. Trip reports and pictures are what keep me sane until we go. Thanks for your contribution to my sanity.

My husband acts just like your's. He doesn't talk about Disney much except when he finds another Disney lover. Then, you can't get him to shut up.

Looking forward to reading all about your Disney adventures!

Lisa

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2009, 12:55 PM   #3
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
What a cute family you have! We won't be going back to Disney (our 15th trip) until the end of May, 2010. Trip reports and pictures are what keep me sane until we go. Thanks for your contribution to my sanity.

My husband acts just like your's. He doesn't talk about Disney much except when he finds another Disney lover. Then, you can't get him to shut up.

Looking forward to reading all about your Disney adventures!

Lisa
I know what yoy mean about TRs Lisa, sometimes reading people's is what gets me through the day! Thanks for joining me!

Old 12-14-2009, 01:23 PM   #4
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

We were scheduled to leave for WDW the Monday after Thanksgiving. Thank goodness DH and I both had the Friday after Thanksgiving off! It worked out well for us and we enjoyed a 1.5 weeks vacation from work! We were very busy though. Wednesday night DH bartended until 5am! He had to be up kinda early to to get our turkey ready!! Thanksgiving dinner was at Grammie's and was excellent! Friday morning we were having new carpets in 2 rooms put in so we were up early again trying to move stuff around in the house. I think DH might've bartended again this night. Saturday I spent packing and picking up the last odds and ends to bring with us. DS and I went to a pot-luck dinner with friends! It was fun! Finally Sunday came around. DH was off to a Bills game (I live in Western NY) and DS and I ran the last few errands and packed the last of our stuff. We were off on a 8:15am flight on Monday morning!

We woke up with ease at about 5:15am. For some reason DS was also up so no need to wake him! We got out the door and we were on our way to Grammie's at 6:00. It only takes about 15 mins so we were there quickly. She and my step-dad hopped into our car and from there it was a quick 15 mins to the airport! We took Jetblue to MCO and we were taking Southwest home. Gotta love the tvs on the way there! We made it effortlessly through security even given all our loot-Stroller, carseat, laptop (yes, DH had to do some work on vacation!), 3 duffel bags and 2 stuffed animals! Sorry I don't have any pics of this. I think grammie does.

We had 3 seats in one row on the plane and DH sat by the window in front of us. Brady was very good during the 2.5 hour flight. He slept for about 45 mins and read books and watched some tv with me. When we landed it was 11:00 local time! We split up and DH took DS in the stroller to get in the car rental line. This is one thing I let DH do-get a rental car. He really really dislikes WDW transportation! He's kind of impatient and doesn't like to be stuck on the bus with lots of people. So if it's cheap enough we get a rental car. Plus, this way I get to stop at Walmart and buy water and snacks and stuff!

And just because I still have no pics I'll add some for you from last trip!

Old 12-14-2009, 04:42 PM   #5
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Saw your post on the big group PTR so I thought I'd come on over. I love Disney at Christmastime so I can't wait to hear about your trip!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 12-15-2009, 07:04 AM   #6
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Great start!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 12-15-2009, 03:12 PM   #7
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Hey!!! I'm here to read along! It was so much fun meeting you and your family. You guys are awesome! Can't wait to see what unfolds here, of course I do know some of what went on during your stay. You did get my text with the sign in info and all right?
Old 12-18-2009, 10:10 PM   #8
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Hey Rosie,

I'm here I'll be back later to read! Glad you started.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:52 AM   #9
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

UPDATE TODAY!
Ok, I've been lacking with my TR> For goodness sakes I haven't even made it to check-in yet!

I promise to get an update posted today! Hope everyone is having fun preparing for the Holidays!!

Old 12-21-2009, 11:02 AM   #10
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Saw your post on the big group PTR so I thought I'd come on over. I love Disney at Christmastime so I can't wait to hear about your trip!
Thanks for reading along! I now love WDW at Christmastime too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Great start!
Hopefully I'll be moving along now

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
Hey!!! I'm here to read along! It was so much fun meeting you and your family. You guys are awesome! Can't wait to see what unfolds here, of course I do know some of what went on during your stay. You did get my text with the sign in info and all right?
Hey Tammy! Great meeting you and your family too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy22 View Post
Hey Rosie,

I'm here I'll be back later to read! Glad you started.
Nice to see you here!

Hopefully my readers will come back. I know I've put this TR on hold for a week or so but I should be having some updates coming at a quicker pace! Please come back and stick with me!

Old 12-21-2009, 11:31 AM   #11
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

TR Update Finally!

Hopefully some of my readers will come back now that I actually have some TR and photos to post!

I left off and we were arriving at MCO via JetBlue. After a quick stop in the bathrooms (I think everyone that ever arrives at MCO uses those bathrooms upon arrival!) we decided that DH would take DS in the stroller to the Car rental counter and DM and I would go pick up the checked luggage. I had been nervous that we wouldn't all fit in our rental car with all our luggage. We rented a full size becaue the only time we'd be squished was to and from the airport. Otherwise, an SUV or minivan would be a waste of money. Mom and I got our bags quickly and met DH as he was finishing up with the car. We were given a Toyota Camry and it was excellent! We managed to fit all luggage in the trunk and put the stroller in the backseat with Mom and Brady for this ride.

We stopped at Super Walmart were I quickly ran in. What a difference from our Sept 08 trip this was! The weather was just perfect! No humidity in sight! Last year it was horribly raining when I made this same shopping stop. We also stopped for a quick, cheap lunch at Subway before heading to our home for the next few days--The WL!!

We found the WL easily and pulled up to drop our luggage off. I went to check in first and was told our room was ready. I was hoping we would get connecting rooms with Grammie this year. Last year we got rooms next to eachother but not connecting. It was kind-of a pain. My mom was next in line and I saw her room number and verified we did have connecting rooms! We were on the 6th floor but I did not have any idea what our view might be. We trudged off down the maze that would eventually become familiar to our rooms. My, what a long walk!

I am now interrupting this TR to move forward to our day at DHS! Sory, I don't have the room pics uploaded yet so I"ll leave you in suspense to see what our view was!

Coming Up!!

Old 12-21-2009, 04:53 PM   #12
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm still here and readin' along. Mean girl you are leaving us hanging. We wanna see your view!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 12-21-2009, 06:24 PM   #13
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Hey Rosie!!!!!!!

I am here, I am still sad we didn't get to formally meet...instead of just saying hi while waiting to meet Minnie!
Old 12-28-2009, 08:25 AM   #14
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Day 1: DHS

We decided to go to DHS after finding our rooms and unpacking a bit. This would be our first and only chance to see the Osbourne Lights! I was soooo excited!

Rosie and Grammy by the Hat!

Brady and Daddy by the RNRC

Outside TOT!!

I wish I could capture how truly awesome the lights are! Everyone should experience this attraction once in their life!!

We arrived at DHS just after 3:30. The parade was just finishing. We met Lightning McQueen and Mator first. Then went to RNRC and TOT. DH and I rode TOT 2x. It's our favorite! Right before the first ride was where I met Kristen and her BF as they were exiting! It was great to meet them!
Brady and Grammy had gotten a french fry snack so DH and I decided to hit up TOT again. I LOVE going on this in the dark! We then walked over to see the Lights right at about 6pm. I think we stayed for about 1 hour! There was so much to see!

We had dinner plans at 8:15 at WCC. We had driven to DHS so it was a quick walk to the car and we made it back to WL in no time. I think we were a bit early for dinner but we didn't have to wait long. I brought some travel jars of play-dough and Brady was enjoying playing in the lobby while we waited.
For dinner we all had the skillet. Excellent!! The pulled pork was my favorite and of course the potatoes! :D Grammy and I had the smoothies on the DDP. DH ordered a beer I think. We got an apple pie, chocolate cake and pecan pie with Jack Daniels sauce to go since we were stuffed! The only complaint I have is the Jack Daniels pecan pie should come with a warning! Man is it full of whiskey!! I couldn't even finish a bite. DH enjoyed it though.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:41 AM   #15
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Glad you enjoyed the Osborne Lights. They really are amazing.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: