Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2011, 11:51 PM   #106
jmkst58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyw/theTramp View Post
you can print the letter with a curly type font in size 8... it's really little... just elfish size!! We've done this before and it's a hit!!
love it. thanks!
jmkst58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:41 PM   #107
CrAzY4DL
Mommy, you magic-ed my heart!

Our elf arrived yesterday and today he made a Facebook page to capture all of his shenanigans!! Dobbie Shelf Elf if anyone is interested. I'm sooooo excited!!! Our elf is doing the same stuff every night for my nieces just none of the girls have figured it out yet, LOL.

JylBean's Super Surprise almost 4 years old trip
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1392268

DH & I private DL party
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3056896
CrAzY4DL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2011, 05:04 PM   #108
Soarin_04
Mouseketeer

The kids got in on the act

My sons are now 12 and 14 and a little "old" technically for ours, but they love the tradition. This year, I told them that dad and I wanted them to do some elf related stuff...

I came downstairs this morning to find Elfis sitting on the stove (yes it was off) holding a frying pan. In the frying pan was poor Mr. Potato Head. A note along side Elfis said, "Now THAT'S what I call a fritata!"

Soarin_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #109
Soarin_04
Mouseketeer

Another idea --

AC Moore has this mini pancake pan. It makes three pancakes with Christmas patterns. Think I'm going to pick that up this week and sometime between now and Christmas have Elfis make the boys green and red pancakes in it.
Soarin_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #110
HS3kids
Mouseketeer

I know this is an older thread, but it popped up when I googled elf ideas... I didnt read through all the posts yet but wanted to share what we did last night for anyone stumped...
Jeffrey made snowmen out of mini powdered sugar donuts (donut holes or marshmallows would work too) stacked 3 high..
faces and buttons made with black gel decorating icing, and a hershey kiss for a hat (wrapped)... then he wrote on the paper plate To ___ Love, Jeffrey and put a clear drinking glass over the snowmen to keep them fresh- then used the glass for milk in the morning My little one was so giggly and giddy about that this morning. Wish I could upload a picture- maybe I can try tonight from my home computer
Jeffrey will also be fishing for goldfish crackers in a bowl, building a lincoln log fort and decorating DD's dollhouse with special Christmas decorations (mini tree, wreaths etc) this weekend
Hope this helps someone... happy elfing!

Me DH DD19 DS11 DD6
HS3kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:28 PM   #111
DebMcDonald
DIS Veteran

Painted the girls noses red, (we have a lice issue right now) so today he is sitting with a plastic bag over his read reading lice instructions, sitting in barbies car, playing with the barbies, playing on the computer, stuck in the candy jar. After 7 years I feel like we have done it all already, over feed the cat, built or taken apart legos, made a mess with multiple board games. When there is snow, has gone sledding in Bitty Babies's winter coat.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #112
StephMK
DIS Veteran

Thanks for popping this back up! I need to review for some ideas. Mine are technically too old too - DS10 & DD12 but they both pleaded for the elves to come visit them again this year. We are late to the elf game because they just showed up last year.

Yesterday, our elves took some glow sticks and hid in a cabinet with them on. I hid the elves last night where they can't find them because I couldn't think of a good idea - I'll have to review this thread for some!
Old 12-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #113
libinatorsmom
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the great ideas everyone... some of the things we did....

Frankie.... HairSprayed Died her Dog Green (She thought this was HILARIOUS), Painted her Dads Toe Nails PURPLE (Again a big hit with DD), Toilet Papered her room, Toilet Papered the Christmas Tree, Having a snowball fight with American Girl Dolls (Used cotton Balls for snowballs), Did a COOKIE hunt (Hid prepackaged cookies around the house and found him in the box eating one (She loved the one she found in her coat pocket at school), found upside down in the Poptart box, Gave DD a Photo Book of there Advetnures together (used shutterfly made a book with a coupon I had for a free book had to only pay shipping - LOVES this book told me she would show it to her kids someday), Brought her a count down to CHristmas orenment shes wanted for "years" Halmark (Got at Kohls using my free $10 card I got)

Those are some of the things I have done... still have 13 more days to go!!! Thanks for the extra ideas will have to steal some of them as I keep running out of ideas - some night I do better then others....

Dec 1988 - Off Site - 1st Trip - Family Trip June 1992 - Off Site - Family Trip May 2008 - POFQ - Dulx Dining
May 2014 - Coronado Springs - Mother Daughter Trip
libinatorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #114
richmond282
Trumpet players don't have egos, we're just better than you...

Let's see... our elf has:

* decorated his own tree and gotten tangled in the lights
* made his own hot chocolate with an ENTIRE bag of marshmallows on top
* tried to brush his teeth but squirted toothpaste all over the counter instead
* unrolled tp and got stuck in the cardboard roll
* flew daddy's helicopter and got it stuck on the lampshade
* rode to church with us (he was buckled and brought his little bible)
* tried to feed the cats but dumped over the bag instead
* drew himself into the family photo over the fireplace (use dry erase, wipes right off)
* packed my DD's lunch but got stuck in the top of her lunch box
* did DD's math homework but got all the answers wrong!
* tried to blow dry my DD's AG doll's hair
* took a bath in the AG doll's bath tub, used a loofah and bar of soap
richmond282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:05 PM   #115
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

Olaf and Sven arrived again on the 1st and brought Star Wars crazy DGrD last years SWLego advent calendar (with a note from Santa saying they saved one for her when they got back to the North Pole - I know , I'm cheap - this way they can always bring the last year's calendar and I can pay 1/2 price LOL)
Needless to say she was THRILLED !! She has joined in on the elf fun this year - saying "Oma, come see what those crazy elves did when I fell asleep for ten minutes" - I think she's on to me, but she still LOVES it and now there's another little cousin who will soon enjoy our joint elf antics.

So far this year, the elves have:
=Joined many SW legos figures in flying the lego millenium falcon to the top of the China cabinet in the dining room
=played a game of scrabble making lots of their fav christmas words (we are a big scrabble family) including DGrDs name and their names
=had a sleepover with the American Girl dolls in their bed and the girls were reading them a book about Santa
=joined a new Barbie in her bathtub for a mini marshmallow bath
=had a drive in movie on the coffee table with a huge assortment of dolls/toys/lego figures and many crazy vehicles. they were watching a new copy of Prep and Landing.
=climbed into the copy machine and made copies of themselves holding little heart shaped signs saying 'i love (DGrD)' 'I love (DGrD) too'
Only their little legs and feet were hanging out. Took her a while to find them that day. lol
=opened and put together one of her advent legos

DGrD is getting a new camera from us this year and I'm going to have them take some 'good bye' pics of themselves on her camera before I wrap it

I've gotten lots of great ideas from Pinterest.

bjakmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: