Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2011, 02:01 PM   #91
jmkst58
DIS Veteran

Santa is bringing my daughters a Disney trip for Christmas morning. The problem? We will be leaving on 12/26. So I'd like for my elf, Frederick, to warn them that Santa is brining them a trip so that they can start packing soon. I don't want them to have any clues whatsoever about the location. We will wrap them up some things for them to open on Christmas morning to announce that we're going to Disney World. I just want Frederick to leave a note that warns, 'Start packing your bags, girls, because Santa is brining you a trip for one of your Christmas presents (I'm not going to tell you where), but I wanted to make sure that you can get packed in time because you are leaving the day after Christmas!' Would you just put a note like that in Frederick's hands? Or would you be more creative? Oy-- i must not be creative. My DH mentioned a riddle or poem of sorts but I most certainly do not have the creativity to pull that one off! Any suggestions? TIA!
jmkst58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:43 PM   #92
meg8017
Mouseketeer

always on the lookout for ideas! Last year, the last few days before Christmas it was getting tough!!
Jingle Bells arrived today with an advent calendar, my 4 year old is SO excited. He was singing Jingle Bells Christmas carols earlier while they were watching tv together.

ASMo : March 2002, Aug. 2002
CSR: May 2003 engaged in Disney
WL: Aug 2004
Disneymoon! BC and WL May/June 2005
Poly: May 2006
POP Jan 31-Feb 6 2010
CBR Oct 23-30 2011
POFQ May 4-11 2013!
meg8017 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2011, 04:47 PM   #93
libinatorsmom
DIS Veteran

Frankie Brought an Advent Calendar today - Dec 1st is always easy!!!! but now I have to come up with Clever things to put in it all month... LOL... He put a tube of Chapstick in #1 today!!!!!

Tonight I think hes going to paint her toe nails while shes sleeping - Red and Green - luckily DD is a HEAVY sleeper!!!! I need more ideas so KEEP THEM COMMING!!!!

Dec 1988 - Off Site - 1st Trip - Family Trip June 1992 - Off Site - Family Trip May 2008 - POFQ - Dulx Dining
May 2014 - Coronado Springs - Mother Daughter Trip
libinatorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:13 PM   #94
karebear23
Mouseketeer

Frost our Elf will be finishing the puzzle tonight. The kids started it earlier & ran out of time.

Tomorrow night he will make a special breakfast for the kids since it's the weekend.

Then maybe make some special hot chocolate packages for the kids and be caught drinking some in the morning .
Old 12-01-2011, 09:22 PM   #95
disney*mom*82
DIS Veteran

Ive been reading this for 15 minutes and have now decided we need an elf. Convinced DH too, so now I hope to go get one tomorrow before I come home from work and since she crashed tonight before doing our countdown calendar, he can be sitting with it on her bed.

Ill be watching this thread for new ideas! So cute!
Old 12-01-2011, 11:20 PM   #96
StephMK
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for all of these ideas! I'd never paid attention before but decided we needed an elf this year. My kids don't really believe but are still not 100% sure either - 9 & 11. I found a $3 stuffed elf (ornament) that has come to visit.

He was found tonight w/a shot glass full of sprinkles & marshmellows, marshmellows on a corn on the cob holder and sprinkles all over the counter. He was hungry after his trip! He left a misspelled note for the kids explaining that he is an elf in training & sent to keep an eye on them.

It was pretty funny. I was the last one home but the kids got back before I did. They were trying to figure out the handwriting, accusing me of leaving him, etc. They are not sure what's going on but really enjoyed it. DS9 left a note back asking him to please clean up next time but he can stay and watch us.

He's going to leave cleaning supplies out all over the place and explain that he thought it was ok to be messy since he saw the kids' rooms (and honestly, the rest of the house is a disaster at the moment!) and he will clean if they will.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:11 AM   #97
labdogs42
I managed to wrestle a playhouse to the ground and twisted it into submission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeniferdwn View Post
I love the picture of the packed lunches!!! the fish food and canned food is hilarious!!! i may have to borrow that idea! I have a blog with lots of ideas but I don't know if I'm allowed to post it here. I'd be glad to share it though if someone will let me know how i can share it with everyone.
As long as you don't make money from the blog, I think it is OK to post. I'd love to see it!
Old 12-02-2011, 08:49 AM   #98
poohbearrocks
When you WISH upon a Star...ALL your dreams come true!!

I have always just moved ours as well...so I have enjoyed these popping up!! I have seen recently - that are faves...

elf make snow angels in sugar
elf food color milk green
fishing in potty (put some goldfish in)
use dry erase maker and draw on a family pic, have elf close holding marker!

these are some of my faves!!

WDW - May 1996, June 2003, CSR -Aug 2008
DL - April 2007
Not Long FREE DINING Sept 2009 Our 1st MNSSHP
Can't wait to go keep going BACK!!!
poohbearrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:26 PM   #99
BeenHereB4
I'm not really new :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkst58 View Post
Santa is bringing my daughters a Disney trip for Christmas morning. The problem? We will be leaving on 12/26. So I'd like for my elf, Frederick, to warn them that Santa is brining them a trip so that they can start packing soon. I don't want them to have any clues whatsoever about the location. We will wrap them up some things for them to open on Christmas morning to announce that we're going to Disney World. I just want Frederick to leave a note that warns, 'Start packing your bags, girls, because Santa is brining you a trip for one of your Christmas presents (I'm not going to tell you where), but I wanted to make sure that you can get packed in time because you are leaving the day after Christmas!' Would you just put a note like that in Frederick's hands? Or would you be more creative? Oy-- i must not be creative. My DH mentioned a riddle or poem of sorts but I most certainly do not have the creativity to pull that one off! Any suggestions? TIA!
This is so exciting! Can you just have the elf pack their bags for them and leave something like "you'll be needing these" or you want them to pack their own stuff?
Old 12-02-2011, 06:22 PM   #100
jmkst58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenHereB4 View Post
This is so exciting! Can you just have the elf pack their bags for them and leave something like "you'll be needing these" or you want them to pack their own stuff?
It's a good question. They usually do pack their own, but I will have to seriously consider maybe packing them for them. More work for me- - but maybe they would really like not having to pack their own this trip.

but my DH did email me this today. i haven't had a chance to ask him where he found it yet (little ears are around to hear our discussions so far this evening), but I want to hear his ideas to tailor it a bit to fit our needs. I just need to modify it since I don't want them to open a box and see anything. Just 'santa is bringing you a trip on Christmas morning so start packing now.' Plus i have a 'packing list' spreadsheet that I always print out and give them when we are planning a trip. Frederick can 'deliver' printouts of the packing lists to them. ?? maybe ??

Rise and shine on this cold Monday
A wonderful surprise in minutes away
All of your dreams will soon be here
Pack your bags, fun is near
Santa loves you so,
You wanna know where to go
Open this box to see
And shout joyfully with glee
A Christmas present you can’t eat,
But is definitely a MAGICAL treat!!
jmkst58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:37 PM   #101
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

The favorite (and easy to do) thing our Olaf and his friend Sven have done so far is make themselves a 'ride' on the ceiling fan. DGrD thought it was pretty funny to come in from school and find them swinging from the fan blades on green and red ribbons. Olaf came 3 years ago and Sven joined him last year as a new elf in training. DGrD (8) is already coming over every day after school and checking the fireplace for his arrival this year - she absolutely loves them! I think I'll hold off until next week - it becomes a challenge to stage them - and I only have to do it 4 days a week when she's here. Keep the ideas coming.
We've also had them make us cookies(and a big mess), pee green in the toilet, movie and popcorn party with stuffed animals, big barbie holiday party, they always have parades - we loved the shoe parade down the stairs one year - each shoe had a doll or animal, cut xmas pics out of magazines and made a collage, made snowmen out of marshmallows, played with the playdoh (more snowmen), made snowflakes, went to DGrDs house and hid in her Xmas tree to watch her there, built a canned goods fort, drove barbie around in her car. When I get desperate or forget, they just hide.
She is begging to take them to school for show and tell - lol - I told her they're not allowed. I don't want any other kids to make fun or ruin the magic for her.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:05 PM   #102
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

I need all the ideas I can get!

This week we found Yelf in the kitchen pantry. He ate a bunch of candy cane flavored Hershey Kisses. My oldest said he was a naughty elf. My 5 year old woke up later and had a very different reaction. She said let's leave him hot chocolate tomorrow. I was surprised and asked her if she thought he was naughty eating all our candy. She said, he can eat whatever he wants as long as I'm on the nice list!

This morning they found Yelf on the mantle riding in a red barbie-type car. He had a Santa toy next to him. They thought that was hilarious!

Tonight he is going to use my dd's microscope to check out the inside of a candy cane. This guy is candy cane obsessed!
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
100AcreWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:05 PM   #103
Ladyw/theTramp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkst58 View Post
you can print the letter with a curly type font in size 8... it's really little... just elfish size!! We've done this before and it's a hit!!
Old 12-02-2011, 09:32 PM   #104
libinatorsmom
DIS Veteran

I think tonight Frankie is going to be found in the living room and hes emptied a whole box of kleenex... or maybe on her bed... hmmmm choices Also need to look in the bag of goodies for another advent calendar "prize"

Dec 1988 - Off Site - 1st Trip - Family Trip June 1992 - Off Site - Family Trip May 2008 - POFQ - Dulx Dining
May 2014 - Coronado Springs - Mother Daughter Trip
libinatorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:25 PM   #105
StephMK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100AcreWood View Post
I need all the ideas I can get!

This week we found Yelf in the kitchen pantry. He ate a bunch of candy cane flavored Hershey Kisses. My oldest said he was a naughty elf. My 5 year old woke up later and had a very different reaction. She said let's leave him hot chocolate tomorrow. I was surprised and asked her if she thought he was naughty eating all our candy. She said, he can eat whatever he wants as long as I'm on the nice list!

This morning they found Yelf on the mantle riding in a red barbie-type car. He had a Santa toy next to him. They thought that was hilarious!

Tonight he is going to use my dd's microscope to check out the inside of a candy cane. This guy is candy cane obsessed!
That is hilarious!!! Hope you don't mind if I borrow the microscope & car -those are perfect for DS! I found coasters that say nice on one side & naughty on the other. I was going to leave them outside the kids' bedrooms, depending on how they are that day. DD17 left laundry in the washer - she may get the first naughty.

It's so cute, DS9 is sooo into it. He is leaving notes and asked for our elf to write back every time. DD11 is trying to play it off but then added on the note that the elf can sleep on her stuffed animals if he wants to.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: