Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2010, 08:18 AM   #61
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

This is our fourth year with our Elf and I have never thought about doing all these creative things with him. I just move him from room to room. Can't wait to see what kind of fun he gets into the next couple of days. Thanks for all the ideas.
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:22 PM   #62
grumpeeduck
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
You guys are great! I can't wait to try some of these ideas this week.

This is our first year and Merry Christmas Flower and Herry Christmas Star have just been hiding in different spots all over the house. Our elves are large (2-3 foot and they stand upright) so this does make hiding more difficult!

I would like some advice on how your elves leave. Do they just disappear? Do they send a note saying goodbye? Do they only stay until Christmas? I'm not sure how we are going to say good bye yet. My daughters (5 and 21months) are just loving looking for them every day, they talk to them during the day and even make gifts for them to give back to Santa (so I have to make sure to take them before the next day).
Our DD was dreading saying goodbye a few years ago, so Santa "exchanged"the real elf for a "stuffed" one. She was so excited to see that her elf got to stay!!
grumpeeduck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2010, 01:49 PM   #63
unlimiteddisney
Mouseketeer

Why can't your kids touch the elf? I don't understand?
unlimiteddisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:24 PM   #64
Spart02
Mouseketeer

Someone somewhere posted that their Elf had drawn smiley faces with black magic marker all over disposable items in the fridge. I must say....this idea cracked my son up! I didn't think it would be that funny...but it really was a hit! If you're looking for ideas...try this one!

May 98 - CBR - Honeymoon
Jan. 02 - Offsite - DoubleTree Club
Jan. 04 - POP
Jan. 06 - POP
Sept. 06 - Disneyland Hotel
Dec. 07 - POP
Jan. 09 - Wilderness Lodge
Jan. 10 - Dreams Villas
Oct. 10 - Dreams Villas
Jan. 12 - Disney Dream Cruise, then Bay Lake Tower
June 13 - Wonder - Alaska!
May 14 - Magic - Transatlantic
Spart02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:37 PM   #65
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlimiteddisney View Post
Why can't your kids touch the elf? I don't understand?
The Elf on the Shelf comes with a story book explaining that the elf keeps an eye on the children and reports back to Santa. It tells the children that they are not to touch the elf because it will cause him to lose his magic.
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 04:52 PM   #66
mom2d&b
DIS Veteran

When I needed a quick shenanigan I pulled all DH's underware out of his drawer and piled it on top of him when he was still in bed. Of course I warned him. Andwe did this on a weekend when we stayed in bed later than the kids. They thought it was cool. I thought it was easyto do and easy to clean up.
mom2d&b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:04 PM   #67
Kat77
Now if I could just remember how to spell and how not to write in run on sentences....

Marshay- On Christmas Eve my kids bundle up our elves and give them a snack for their trip back to the North Pole. We leave them under the tree in a tiny sleigh for Santa to collect.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:11 PM   #68
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpeeduck View Post
Our DD was dreading saying goodbye a few years ago, so Santa "exchanged"the real elf for a "stuffed" one. She was so excited to see that her elf got to stay!!
Good idea! We may just keep our elves around a little longer...I'll have Santa write a note that they get to vacation for a little bit before going back to Santa...maybe in January if my girls have any say in when they go back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
The Elf on the Shelf comes with a story book explaining that the elf keeps an eye on the children and reports back to Santa. It tells the children that they are not to touch the elf because it will cause him to lose his magic.
Really? Wow, that's just so uncool.Our kids definitely give our elves hugs and kisses and carry them around the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat77 View Post
Marshay- On Christmas Eve my kids bundle up our elves and give them a snack for their trip back to the North Pole. We leave them under the tree in a tiny sleigh for Santa to collect.
Oooh, that's so sweet! I think we will do that too, once the elves go back sometime in January!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:20 PM   #69
seamour
Mouseketeer

Be careful with the treats

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoWhiteRabbit View Post
Ours recently ripped open a box of cookies, and ate a few, crumbs all over. They even had crumbs on their faces. They ripped right into the middle of the box, not the top where you would normally open...lol!
Our elf got inebriated on pixie stix one night and was found the next morning in all his wrappers and some pixie stick stuff in his hair. (ours is not an actual Elf on a Shelf). The next night the dog took off his hair and hat, and did it again this year (must be pixie sticks stuff still in there)
seamour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:33 AM   #70
icsparkes
Earning My Ears

facsimile

We stuck Bobby in our copier/scanner. Then we made copies of him and spread them all over the house. The copies were terrible, but the girls thought that was hilarious. Tonight I laid him over my rolling pin with some biscuit dough underneath it. Also wrote his name in the flour.
icsparkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:41 PM   #71
libinatorsmom
DIS Veteran

Are we ready for Elf 2011!!!!!!! Here we go...

Dec 1988 - Off Site - 1st Trip - Family Trip June 1992 - Off Site - Family Trip May 2008 - POFQ - Dulx Dining
May 2014 - Coronado Springs - Mother Daughter Trip
libinatorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:01 PM   #72
magchavez
DIS Veteran

I can't wait for Rudolph to return! Here is an album of some of his antics over the last couple of years. He got really mischievous last year (thanks the disboards!). This year he is going to leave a photo album of these photos.

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...aggie/Rudolph/

Maggie

2006 - POR
2007 - CSR
2008 - POR
2009 - CBR and DCL (Wonder)
2010 - CBR and Disneyland
2011 - POR and DCL (Dream)
2012 - CBR
2014 - POR
magchavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:23 PM   #73
It'sOffToDisneyWeGo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magchavez View Post
I can't wait for Rudolph to return! Here is an album of some of his antics over the last couple of years. He got really mischievous last year (thanks the disboards!). This year he is going to leave a photo album of these photos.

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...aggie/Rudolph/

Maggie
Thank you for sharing the pictures. Great ideas!
It'sOffToDisneyWeGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:51 PM   #74
3mickeymom
DIS Veteran

We don't use the book and we hug our elf -

Thinking of him losing his magic was just too sad. I knew the kids would want to touch him,so ours just came with a little poem explaining why he was at our house written on Christmas notepaper and we skipped the book. We have a different elf anyway. We got him from Marshall's. When my youngest was little we took him on car rides to view the neighborhood Christmas lights but he mostly sits on the shelf and watches/listens. Elves have excellent hearing and can even hear bickering going on upstairs or in the backyard. They are truly amazing!
3mickeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:57 PM   #75
Happiest mommy
DIS Veteran

our Elf will be making his appearance after Thanksgiving and this year he has a companion to join in the fun

Cookie (RIP 5/10/10) you gave us 15 years of pure Love and Loyalty we miss you so...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Visits: 2007, 2008, 2010 and planning 2014
Happiest mommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: