Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2009, 01:56 PM   #16
marlaine
Mouseketeer

Thanks to everyone! My DS really got a kick out of the underwear on the tree too! One morning we awoke to Twinkle on pillows on the chair at the kitchen table with an empty McDonalds Happy Meal bag--he ate all the nuggets and fries, but he left some Juice and the toy!
I forgot about peeing green--thanks for the reminder!
This has been so much fun for my son (and me too)!
All these ideas are great!
marlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:37 PM   #17
KNJWDW
Mouseketeer

We have done a lot of the things already mentioned. But these two come to mind:

One time, Bob was found wearing Ken's suit and having a party with the other Barbies that were dressed in their fancy gowns. Ken was sitting back in the corner sulking!

The other night, he made a Mr. Potato head and they have become fast friends. The next day we found the two of them arm-in-arm watching Prep & Landing.

Our kids leave him a treat every night. Our golden retriever loves that! We have caught him twice now, eating the cookies. Our whole family seems to be getting in on the fun!

Amy
KNJWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2009, 11:40 PM   #18
CC12005
Mouseketeer

I have never heard of this before. Sounds like a lot of fun. Can't wait to get our own little Elf!
CC12005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:41 PM   #19
ssmith010
Mouseketeer

We are having alot of fun with Jingles. My DD favorite was the underwear on the tree. We also did the snow angel, snowball fight with cotton balls, wathing a christmas show while eating popcorn. She was very messy. Now she is having a tea party with Santa and friends. Tomorrow she is going to leave a small decorated tree in DD room. The elf loves her Gingerbread Tent that we got at target. She sleeps in a stocking. This is a wonderful family tradition. Thanks to everyone for sharing all the great ideas.
ssmith010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:52 AM   #20
lukenick1
DIS Veteran

subbing for ideas
lukenick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:33 AM   #21
jamesnnick
Mouseketeer

A couple favorites that haven't been mentioned yet:

He slam dunked himself in my son's doorway basketball hoop

Our elf printed up pictures of himself and replaced our framed family photos.

And...if anyone has Phineas and Ferb fans in their house Elfkerbot was giving a monkey a shower one night. My daughter told everyone in a 5 mile radius because she thought it was so funny.
jamesnnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:01 AM   #22
lukenick1
DIS Veteran

We put our elf in front of the computer and pulled up a pic of santa on the screen. The kids thought he was missing home. Last night i made a fort with couch pillows and hid him inside.
lukenick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:24 AM   #23
pipersmom
DIS Veteran

A couple I haven't seen posted..our elf was caught one morning on the table with spilled cereal and milk and a half-eaten bowl full.

-Caught in the bathroom brushing his teeth with a q-tip, floss & toothpaste all in a mess on the counter, toothpaste in the sink!

Wal-Mart has a "Make Your Own Snow" kit in the craft section for $3.. I haven't made it up yet, but prob soon. Alabaster will make a little and leave the rest for dd to make.

I also bought some of the little debbie Christmas Tree cakes for him to get into one night!

Hope these help someone out.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:14 PM   #24
oneterrificshopper
Earning My Ears

I've done several of these ideas, but we also had "Buddy" open up our game cabinet, get out our Trouble game and he played it with another stuffed animal.

I love the undies on the tree idea....will definitely use that one!

We love this tradition.

DL 2002 - Off Site
WDW Oct, 2004 - Land/Sea - BC/Disney Wonder
WDW Aug, 2007 - WL
WDW Jan, 2008 - POR & Poly
WDW Aug, 2009 - ASMu
oneterrificshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:26 PM   #25
libinatorsmom
DIS Veteran

I just took a silver makeup pencil and wrote MERRY CHRISTMAS From FRANKIE and drew a tree and a gift... I am going to put green food coloring in the pot as well as a few mini marshmellows...

Dec 1988 - Off Site - 1st Trip - Family Trip June 1992 - Off Site - Family Trip May 2008 - POFQ - Dulx Dining
May 2014 - Coronado Springs - Mother Daughter Trip
libinatorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:36 PM   #26
cnlmom
Quiet Women Never Make History

when your elfs do all these trickster things, how to you handle the you cannot touch him part. I ususually put "Alvin" up high to avoid an accidental touching. My DS 6 is so afraid he will accidently touch him, when Alvin brought a copy of Santa Buddies he would not let me get it out of Alvins arms for fear I would accidently touch him and he would be wisked back to the North Pole. We had to wait til the next evening when luckly Alvin moved and left the movie behind.
cnlmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:38 PM   #27
sluggozmom
Earning my Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC12005 View Post
I have never heard of this before. Sounds like a lot of fun. Can't wait to get our own little Elf!
Me too! My mom works at B&N... I had her pick up an elf for us today. It will show up here on Tuesday morning. I love all the great ideas!

December 2011 off site .. Windsor Hills Resort
May 2009 off site .. Formosa Gardens
sluggozmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:55 PM   #28
flbeachbum
Earning My Ears

Some things we've done this year with "Peppermint Joy"

She used a little pot from the toy kitchen set and it was her Potty - we put green and red jellybeans in it as "Elf Poop".

She had a beauty makeover with other dolls and left makeup all over.

We found Kooky pens (at Office Depot) that were of an Elf and Peppermint and gave them to the girls one morning.

We had her play checkers with a Santa stuffed toy and she used Christmas colored Peppermint Patties as the playing pieces.

At Books a Million they have those Japanese miniature erasers - we found a set that was a miniature toothbrush,toothpaste, etc - PJ was found near the sink with them.

At the dollar section in Target we found a Gingerbread pop-up tent (supposed to be used for pets) and Pj had a campout with other animals and gave a Gingerbread book. You could just do a smore night too.

We bought the Christmas Cap'n Crunch cereal and left PJ eating out of it.

We made a trail of candy canes that lead to a book of the legend of the candy cane.

She's taken bubble baths but used kisses and candy as her "soap"

She's been in the freezer...bought advent calanders, their ornament for the year, etc.

She's left money and a note that the money was to be used to put in the Salvation Army bucket.

She's been found kneeling down at the manger and left a Christmas story book (some of these ideas are from years past too).

Made a christmas tree by using stacked cans.

Walgreens has in the Christmas candy section (saw these at target as well)---elf shaped container that holds kisses.

And of course, last night she leaves Pj's from "PJ"

*weight watchers*
flbeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:01 PM   #29
libinatorsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnlmom View Post
when your elfs do all these trickster things, how to you handle the you cannot touch him part. I ususually put "Alvin" up high to avoid an accidental touching. My DS 6 is so afraid he will accidently touch him, when Alvin brought a copy of Santa Buddies he would not let me get it out of Alvins arms for fear I would accidently touch him and he would be wisked back to the North Pole. We had to wait til the next evening when luckly Alvin moved and left the movie behind.
Oh man my DD Plays with our elf... he is like her best buddy... its awesoome!!! so no worries here

Dec 1988 - Off Site - 1st Trip - Family Trip June 1992 - Off Site - Family Trip May 2008 - POFQ - Dulx Dining
May 2014 - Coronado Springs - Mother Daughter Trip
libinatorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:17 PM   #30
ptmmg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnlmom View Post
I make it a point Not to have Elfie actually touching anything like that my kids would be the same way!! so if Elfie brings things its usually just next to him or something!!!
ptmmg is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: