Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2010, 02:20 PM   #106
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaddy-O View Post
We actually talked about doing the pressed pennies next time.
Wouldn't that be a pressed loonie?
Old 02-09-2010, 02:29 PM   #107
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Thanks and

I took the pic last year on our last night. We always like to close out our trips with Wishes. It had rained a little that evening and Spectromagic was cancelled but wishes was still a go. We like walking around until the CM's start to close stuff off behind you, they never really ask us to leave but they start to limit access to areas until they gently nudge you out the front gates. I asked the boys to turn around and look at the castle and that is what I got.

Here is the full shot
I love this picture It's like Disney set up the place just to take that picture!
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2010, 02:49 PM   #108
DisneyDaddy-O
Dis Dads Club Member #286
I'm sure those driving beside me thought I was nuts

I will give a mini review of Chef mickeys since a couple of you asked about it. The interaction with the characters at Chef Mickeys is second to none, at no time did I feel rushed with any of the characters. The waiter was great, he was spot on, our drinks were never empty and our dirty plates were always gone by the time we got back to our table. For those of you who have never been, it is buffet style food. There is a salad station, a kid station, a carving station and a hot food area right next to the carving station. Then the dessert area.

The kids station had pizza, nuggets, fries, mac and cheese etc
The salad station had salad fixings cold pasta salads and corn bread
The carving station was roast beef and ham that night.

My first complaint about the food ws the temperature of everything, I didnt realize that luke warm was the temp hot food was served at these days. the carving station was decent other than that. They had mashed potatoes that really didnt resemble potaotes at all, they seemed instant to me, the scalloped potaotes were a soupy mess, the chicken was dry and the veggies were all cold.

To be honest I try to avoid the buffets at Disney, in the last few years I have found the food quality to not be as good as it used to be. It wasn't really a matter of quantity but one of quality.

Please keep in mind that I have been in the food service industry for most of my life. So in my opinion the food at this buffet is not terrible but I think the execution is where the entire thing falls apart. I believe the Chefs are all trying to produce good food but I feel that maybe Disney is trying get more for less.

.....steps off his soapbox....

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
Old 02-09-2010, 03:04 PM   #109
DisneyDaddy-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Wouldn't that be a pressed loonie?
You know whats funny, those machines don't take Canadian quarters, I don't know how it knows, but they know. So I have begun collecting American quarters and pennies for next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
I love this picture It's like Disney set up the place just to take that picture!
Thanks, I think I got lucky with this shot. We waited a while but you can see it was only 9:15 pm so it was not that late. I fired 4 or 5 shots real quick and I hand held it no tripod on that trip.

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
Old 02-09-2010, 03:10 PM   #110
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Here is the full shot
That really is a great shot. It's funny how we take hundreds and hundreds of pictures just to get one like that. Thank God for digital!
Old 02-09-2010, 03:15 PM   #111
DisneyDaddy-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
That really is a great shot. It's funny how we take hundreds and hundreds of pictures just to get one like that. Thank God for digital!
2700 to be exact. My kids are oblivious to the cameras now.

Bad pun, completly intended.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:29 PM   #112
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:

Bad pun, completly intended.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:41 PM   #113
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
And I bet you could almost hear the crickets from Don's TR.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:54 PM   #114
DisneyDaddy-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post

Shhhhh....don't tell Don but secretly I'm trying to finish my TR before him...I feel like I have tons of time.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:58 PM   #115
burly
DIS Veteran

Just found your TR. Great so far. Beautiful Family!
Old 02-10-2010, 02:38 PM   #116
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
I know how soothing the sound of crickets can be for you, Corn Fuzz!

Quote:
Shhhhh....don't tell Don but secretly I'm trying to finish my TR before him...I feel like I have tons of time.
Busted
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 02-10-2010, 07:06 PM   #117
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Great report so far, glad to see they are giving out the transportation cards again this year. Did you score all 18?
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 02-11-2010, 07:04 AM   #118
DisneyDaddy-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
Just found your TR. Great so far. Beautiful Family!
Thanks and

Quote:
Busted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Great report so far, glad to see they are giving out the transportation cards again this year. Did you score all 18?
Ya, the boys loved asking for the cards. I think we got all the boats and buses but they are missing a few Monorail cards. I was told there are 12 monorail, I think they got around 5-6. They are a great keepsake.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:48 AM   #119
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
What an AWESOME picture!

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 02-11-2010, 07:55 AM   #120
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Cool - you're about on pace with me...our recent trip produced 3700+ as well as about nearly 200 Photopass ones. We were there for 10 nights though, so I had a bit more phototime than you...

Enjoy it while they are still oblivious - my boys are not any longer, and man do they make it hard to get that perfect shot any more. But yes as the Captain said - thank God for digital! My DW would kill me if we came home with so many pics via film to develop

Quote:
I love it!

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: