Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2010, 08:55 PM   #91
DisneyDaddy-O
Dis Dads Club Member #286
I'm sure those driving beside me thought I was nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
THERE IT IS......The inFAMOUS Maple Leafs Hat and Roots Shirt...(Worn by every Canadian I saw at POR)

Just joshin' ya man, love it so far
We were a big hit in LeCellier in the Canadian pavillion.

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
,OCT 14 POR
Old 02-07-2010, 07:14 AM   #92
alebisi
DIS Veteran

I'm subscribing to your trip report! So far by now you got me laughing so hard can't wait for more!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2010, 09:02 AM   #93
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

You stayed at the airport so you can get up at 3?

All our snow melted 2 weeks ago, my grass was pretty green. It puts that FL grass to shame. I think it is green because it is frozen solid.

The kids love those slides huh?

Great job so far!
Old 02-08-2010, 08:34 AM   #94
DisneyDaddy-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by alebisi View Post
I'm subscribing to your trip report! So far by now you got me laughing so hard can't wait for more!
Thanks and

I will try my best to keep you laughing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
You stayed at the airport so you can get up at 3?

All our snow melted 2 weeks ago, my grass was pretty green. It puts that FL grass to shame. I think it is green because it is frozen solid.

The kids love those slides huh?

Great job so far!

Imagine what time I would of had to get up if I didnt stay 5 minutes from the airport. We live about an hour and a half from the airport.
I can't wait until the day comes when I can just to this

Then I can just out for lunch and hit Space mountain. Now that would be cool.

Ya, the kids loved those slides, my oldest made a deal with me to go down it with him, I said he had to go on EE and I would go down the slide. Thankfully Mommy-O is not as quick as me on the camera trigger and there is no photographic evidence of the horror in the other kids faces as I rumbled down the slide.

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
,OCT 14 POR
Old 02-08-2010, 12:15 PM   #95
DisneyDaddy-O

After a dip in the pool we got ourselves together for a night on the town. We had some time before our ADR and thought we could go for a ride on the monorail.

We took the long way to our dining location, but it gave me the opportunity to get some pictures of Epcot.

The kids started collecting transportation cards this year. Very neat! For those of you not familiar with this, it’s a free, yes that’s right a FREE thing kids can do. Disney has not started charging kids for autographs and transportation cards yet….but give them time. Simply ask the Bus Drivers, Monorail Pilots or Boat Captains if they have any transportation cards and they will give some to you. The cards are a picture of that form of transportation and then on the back it has a little info about it and Disney.

I learned very quickly that not all CM’s are created equal, some were amazing, took the time to really engage the boys and us in conversation, others…well…not so much. I would have to say the bus drivers were the worst of all. Some were even down right nasty. I thought to myself, if you decided to drive a bus for a living, what better place to drive one than Disney! We got short rude answers from a few drivers which set me aback a little but I told my boys that not all the CM’s were happy all the time and to just focus on the ones that were really nice. I don’t want to make this sound like all the bus drivers were bad, but enough to really leave a bad taste in my mouth about it. Enough said about that!!
All in all the activity of collecting these cards was very fun, this gave the kids another opportunity to interact with CM’s and they had another memory to bring home with them.

The boys were started to get a little tired.

Of course we hit the shops a little after we got off the Monorail. I took a few pictures in the store, here is one that I really liked.

Matthew looking at the pins, they started trading about 3 years ago and really love it.

If you haven’t guessed where dinner was…. here it is!!

The boys spotted someone...

Funny how all of our old friends just showed up! We haven’t seen them for a while and it was nice to get reacquainted.

Of course Daddy-O had to get in on the action…..

con't on next post....

,OCT 14 POR
Old 02-08-2010, 12:16 PM   #96
DisneyDaddy-O

con't from previous....

Matthew was pretty excited to see Pluto and accidently knocked his chair over when he was trying to get up....

Pluto gave him this look....

But he still signed his book...

It was pretty funny...

The whole gang with the Big Cheese himself!!

Party Time!!!

Okay on to more important topics……FOOD. Okay…dinner was…..meh. I really found the food somewhat disappointing, I definitely ate but it was not as good as I hoped for. This is our second time at Chef Mickey’s but our first time for dinner. On to the brighter spot of the meal……dessert!

This was what I started my dessert with……yes started…..what?….YUM.

Of course nothing consumed on Disney property actually has calories….it just jumps on you as you leave the gates of Disney property on your last day, all these calories just floating around outside of the gate just waiting to pounce on somebody. Thinking about what I consumed and what I gained, I think some poor soul at home is saying…. “I don’t get it....all I ate were salads!” Sucker!! The boys started saying don’t worry Daddy-O it doesn’t count, we are in Disney!! They really are good boys!!

So after we finished partying with our pals, we were on to our next stop…. waiting to catch the monrail.

At this point I felt like Pooh bear and all stuffed with fluff and felt like if I decided to touch my toes I could tear something!!

You know you are singing the song in your head right now….

Winnie the pooh, Winnie the pooh…
Tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff
He's Winnie the Pooh
Winnie the Pooh
Willy nilly silly old bear

Try and get rid of that for the rest of the day…

So I loosened my belt and we were on our way to the Poly to watch wishes on the beach.
I heard that the coffee at Kona was good so I went upstairs and asked if I could buy some coffee to take with me to the beach for the fireworks, the CM said sure and went to the back, came out and handed me two cups of coffee. I asked how much and she said don’t worry about it. Sweet!!

We have been wanting to do this for a while and Mark on the Dad’s thread had some pics on his TR and said it was a nice place to watch sooooo…….

I think I see a Hidden Mickey!

Sorry some are a little blurry, I didn't have my tripod with me on this night and really didn't have a ton of success shooting fireworks this year.

Thanks Mark!!!

A full day at Disney and not one park ticket….yet….believe me we make up for it!

Last edited by DisneyDaddy-O; 02-08-2010 at 12:30 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:44 PM   #97
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

What fun you are all having! Loved the Wishes pics

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 02-08-2010, 07:39 PM   #98
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

Quote:
Try and get rid of that for the rest of the day…
Ok, but if you pull this trick again with "It's a Small World" we're gonna have words...
DIS Dad #400
Old 02-09-2010, 03:52 AM   #99
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

What a great day
We are going to the beach at the Poly to watch Wishes in March, we are really excited
Thanks for the calorie information by the way, I will make sure that when I leave the World I wear a disguise
Old 02-09-2010, 08:50 AM   #100
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

So I'm a wee bit late joining the party Nick, but hey, you've had a great start to it all! Love the pics so far, and yes, you've had me laughing along too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaddy-O View Post
Thanks and

I will try my best to keep you laughing.
I can't wait until the day comes when I can just to this

Then I can just out for lunch and hit Space mountain. Now that would be cool.

Back in the mid-90's, when DL turned 40 - they were marking the occasion by giving away 40 unique trading cards celebrating something unique from each year of the park's operations, only one year per day for 40 days, in year order. My office was just about 7 min from DL, and a couple of buddies and I took on the challenge of going and collecting each of those cards at lunch time... so then once it was all done, we realized, sure we could slip into the park and enjoy a ride or even two, grab a bite to eat and then get back all in our lunch hour. That was a blast!

Can't wait to read/see more of your adventures!

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 02-09-2010, 10:33 AM   #101
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Your boys look shot on the monorail! LOL I love taking a ride around on it!

I wonder if CM is slipping with their food quality? I've heard quite a few people say that the food wasn't that great.

Why didn't you just stop at the coffee stand next to Kona for your coffee? I need to remember that 'trick' and see if I get a freebee.

Did you enjoy watching wishes from the Poly? Was the music piped into the beach?

Waiting for more!
Old 02-09-2010, 11:26 AM   #102
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
Okay on to more important topics……FOOD. Okay…dinner was…..meh. I really found the food somewhat disappointing, I definitely ate but it was not as good as I hoped for. This is our second time at Chef Mickey’s but our first time for dinner.
What was wrong with it? My kids are asking to do Chef Mickey's on the next trip since Liberty Tree no longer has characters at the meal. But I've heard enough lousy remarks about it that it has me worried now...

Quote:
[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I heard that the coffee at Kona was good so I went upstairs and asked if I could buy some coffee to take with me to the beach for the fireworks, the CM said sure and went to the back, came out and handed me two cups of coffee. I asked how much and she said don’t worry about it. Sweet!!
Wow! So far, that's the only spot I've found that has decent coffee on property.

Quote:
We have been wanting to do this for a while and Mark on the Dad’s thread had some pics on his TR and said it was a nice place to watch sooooo…….

Thanks Mark!!!
Sure! I take it this means you liked it? I love seeing the fireworks reflected on the water, stretching out on a beach chair while watching and then not having to deal with crowds when it's over.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:45 PM   #103
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Just found your TR! The video you made is excellent! Really great! The picture in your signature is also great! I've never seen one like it

Can't wait for more!

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Old 02-09-2010, 02:59 PM   #104
DisneyDaddy-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
What fun you are all having! Loved the Wishes pics
Thanks, we had a great time. This TR will keep me happy for a bit, but I feel an itch that I just can't seem to shake. Might be time to start planning another one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
Ok, but if you pull this trick again with "It's a Small World" we're gonna have words...
....give me time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
What a great day
We are going to the beach at the Poly to watch Wishes in March, we are really excited
Thanks for the calorie information by the way, I will make sure that when I leave the World I wear a disguise
I never thought of that, but that just might work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
So I'm a wee bit late joining the party Nick, but hey, you've had a great start to it all! Love the pics so far, and yes, you've had me laughing along too...

Back in the mid-90's, when DL turned 40 - they were marking the occasion by giving away 40 unique trading cards celebrating something unique from each year of the park's operations, only one year per day for 40 days, in year order. My office was just about 7 min from DL, and a couple of buddies and I took on the challenge of going and collecting each of those cards at lunch time... so then once it was all done, we realized, sure we could slip into the park and enjoy a ride or even two, grab a bite to eat and then get back all in our lunch hour. That was a blast!

Can't wait to read/see more of your adventures!
The boys really enjoyed collecting them this year, I try to not let them do all this stuff in one trip, that way we have something fresh each trip. We actually talked about doing the pressed pennies next time.

Okay, now I am seriously jealous. I have a Home Depot close to work that I go walk around in sometimes and .......forget it, its not the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Your boys look shot on the monorail! LOL I love taking a ride around on it!

I wonder if CM is slipping with their food quality? I've heard quite a few people say that the food wasn't that great.

Why didn't you just stop at the coffee stand next to Kona for your coffee? I need to remember that 'trick' and see if I get a freebee.

Did you enjoy watching wishes from the Poly? Was the music piped into the beach?

Waiting for more!
Yup the biys were very tired but they never admit, they keep truckin along until bedtime.
I didn't realize there was one. So I asked at the restaurant and the CM was sooo nice. Matthew thought you can ask anyone for transportation cards so he asked her as well, obviously she didn't have any but had a lanyard on with a pouch and had a safety card in it (it was Timon and Pumba talking about safety at the parks) she pulled it out and handed it to him.

Yes they piped the music in but it wasn't too loud. Being able to lay on the beach in a lounge chair and watch Wishes was very cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
What was wrong with it? My kids are asking to do Chef Mickey's on the next trip since Liberty Tree no longer has characters at the meal. But I've heard enough lousy remarks about it that it has me worried now...

Wow! So far, that's the only spot I've found that has decent coffee on property.

Sure! I take it this means you liked it? I love seeing the fireworks reflected on the water, stretching out on a beach chair while watching and then not having to deal with crowds when it's over.
Ya, the whole family loved watching it from there. I agree that had to be the best coffee on property that I have come accross. Thanks again for the tip.

,OCT 14 POR
Old 02-09-2010, 03:12 PM   #105
DisneyDaddy-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
Just found your TR! The video you made is excellent! Really great! The picture in your signature is also great! I've never seen one like it

Can't wait for more!

Thanks and

I took the pic last year on our last night. We always like to close out our trips with Wishes. It had rained a little that evening and Spectromagic was cancelled but wishes was still a go. We like walking around until the CM's start to close stuff off behind you, they never really ask us to leave but they start to limit access to areas until they gently nudge you out the front gates. I asked the boys to turn around and look at the castle and that is what I got.

Here is the full shot

,OCT 14 POR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: