Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2009, 04:16 PM   #31
DisneyDaddy-O
Dis Dads Club Member #286
I'm sure those driving beside me thought I was nuts

Here is a copy of my spreadsheet, I will list daily events as I confirm. This is a working copy. Basically the columns are the days and all the events fall into the columns. (See below spreadsheet for official itinerary)
ADRs for Jan are not too bad usually so wish me luck.

Here is the official itinerary

Friday (No park)
Chef Mickey's for Dinner (confirmed)
Head over to the Poly beach to watch “Wishes” (Thanks Mark, Captain Oblivious)

Saturday (DHS)
Mama Melrose for Dinner (confirmed)
Watch “Fantasmic”

Sunday (Magic Kingdom)
No ADRs yet
Watch “Wishes” and hang around for EMH

Monday (EPCOT)
No ADRs yet (confirmed)
Maybe go back for Illuminations or DHS for EMH

Tuesday (No park)
HDDR (confirmed)

Wednesday (Animal Kingdom)
1900 Park Fare for breakfast (confirmed)
EMH

Thursday (EPCOT)
LeCellier for lunch
Maybe stay for the day and watch Illuminations

Friday (?)
No ADRs yet

Saturday (Magic Kingdom)
No ADRs yet
We love to close out our vacation with “Wishes”

Sunday
We go home

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
,OCT 14 POR

Last edited by DisneyDaddy-O; 01-20-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:47 PM   #32
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

IM HERE!!! daddy o , a pre trip report. i give you all the credit in the world!! nice trip spread sheet, we do the same w/ park hours, adrs, emh etc... good luck on your pre and the trip report to follow. im pullin for you!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2009, 09:35 AM   #33
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

OK... I'm here! I missed all the action so far. And I thought the spreadsheet was a requirement for all DIS Dads?? We need to see the surprise on the kid's faces when you tell them you're going!
Nice Pre-TR... and don't think I didn't figure out who you were referring to in your first post....
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 12-18-2009, 09:39 AM   #34
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Bonus points for the Disney font!
Old 12-18-2009, 10:49 AM   #35
DisneyDaddy-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
IM HERE!!! daddy o , a pre trip report. i give you all the credit in the world!! nice trip spread sheet, we do the same w/ park hours, adrs, emh etc... good luck on your pre and the trip report to follow. im pullin for you!

Thanks, the Adrs are still up in the air we have booked a couple and still trying to get the CM ADR on the first day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
OK... I'm here! I missed all the action so far. And I thought the spreadsheet was a requirement for all DIS Dads?? We need to see the surprise on the kid's faces when you tell them you're going!
Nice Pre-TR... and don't think I didn't figure out who you were referring to in your first post....

Wouldn't dream of going without a copy of it in my pocket. I'm am still trying to come up with a way to tell them Christmas morning, I will have the video camera and camera in hand.

I don't know what your talking about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Bonus points for the Disney font!

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
,OCT 14 POR
Old 12-23-2009, 02:39 PM   #36
DisneyDaddy-O

I have updated my itinerary with confirmed ADRs and park days, we are also going to see "The Pianoman" at POR one night. (not sue which yet)

We did go to Ohanas last year for breakfast and it was just ok for me. (Been there done that)

Anyone have any suggestions for dining options that would appeal to 4 adults, 2 boys 10 and 8 and a little girl who is about 1-1/2?

Keep in mind that the people we are travelling with are first timers and the spreadsheet may have freaked them out a bit. I really can't see why it would.

They have decided to just follow us (as much as they can with the little one) so I think I need a little help. The little girl loves the princesses, so I ask, would my boys be completely out of there element at 1900 Park Fare or do you think they would enjoy it as well. This princess thing is quite new to me.

,OCT 14 POR
Old 12-23-2009, 02:48 PM   #37
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Nice Spreadsheet...Walt-o-Graph Font and everything.

Merry Christmas
Old 12-23-2009, 03:15 PM   #38
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaddy-O View Post
I have updated my itinerary with confirmed ADRs and park days, we are also going to see "The Pianoman" at POR one night. (not sue which yet)

We did go to Ohanas last year for breakfast and it was just ok for me. (Been there done that)

Anyone have any suggestions for dining options that would appeal to 4 adults, 2 boys 10 and 8 and a little girl who is about 1-1/2?

Keep in mind that the people we are travelling with are first timers and the spreadsheet may have freaked them out a bit. I really can't see why it would.

They have decided to just follow us (as much as they can with the little one) so I think I need a little help. The little girl loves the princesses, so I ask, would my boys be completely out of there element at 1900 Park Fare or do you think they would enjoy it as well. This princess thing is quite new to me.
The boys will not be out of their element at 1900. If you go for dinner it's Cinderella, Prince Charming, the step mother and step sisters. The step sisters are certainly not "princess-y" and very entertaining - even for the boys. Breakfast is with Alice, the Mad Hatter and Pooh. I haven't been there for breakfast, but would recommend dinner. And the strawberry soup... yummy!
Old 12-25-2009, 08:18 PM   #39
DisneyDaddy-O

The Surprise.

This is how we surprised our kids on our upcoming trip, I needed to add a few minutes of one of their favorite shows to make it legit. I placed a DVD on the tree that said "play me" on it. This was given to them on christmas morning. You can start watching at the 3 minute mark to avoid having to watch Spongebob unless of course you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfawNWF5ks4

,OCT 14 POR

Last edited by DisneyDaddy-O; 12-25-2009 at 08:36 PM.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:30 PM   #40
DisneyDaddy-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
Nice Spreadsheet...Walt-o-Graph Font and everything.

Merry Christmas
Thanks, Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
The boys will not be out of their element at 1900. If you go for dinner it's Cinderella, Prince Charming, the step mother and step sisters. The step sisters are certainly not "princess-y" and very entertaining - even for the boys. Breakfast is with Alice, the Mad Hatter and Pooh. I haven't been there for breakfast, but would recommend dinner. And the strawberry soup... yummy!
I didn't realize that the breakfast characters were different, cool. Maybe we will still go for dinner, I have seen some pictures and some video of the step sisters and now know what you mean, they are hilarious!

,OCT 14 POR
Old 12-25-2009, 09:34 PM   #41
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member

Quote:
The Surprise.

This is how we surprised our kids on our upcoming trip, I needed to add a few minutes of one of their favorite shows to make it legit. I placed a DVD on the tree that said "play me" on it. This was given to them on christmas morning. You can start watching at the 3 minute mark to avoid having to watch Spongebob unless of course you like it.

Nicely done, Nick! I love the reaction from the kids! What did you use to edit the video? The transitions are great

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
Old 12-25-2009, 10:04 PM   #42
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
The Surprise.

Fantastic! Now you have to deal with 2 wound up kids for then next month!
Old 12-25-2009, 11:55 PM   #43
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

I loved the video... although I was disappointed when you transitioned away from Sponge Bob. I love that show! LOL

You were asking about 1900 Park Fair. Here is a link to our breakfast there. It is pretty funny. The Mad Hatter was on a roll this morning. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isW65dSeIis

Here is a link to my mini review of 1900PF breakfast.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...8&postcount=80

As Barry (?)(i think?) mentioned- the characters at breakfast are different from dinner. I think either meal would be suitable for boys. I'm sure at dinner the stepsisters would give your boys a little extra attention. The food was good at both meals. If you have any questions, let me know!
Old 12-26-2009, 09:37 AM   #44
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I loved the video... although I was disappointed when you transitioned away from Sponge Bob. I love that show! LOL

You were asking about 1900 Park Fair. Here is a link to our breakfast there. It is pretty funny. The Mad Hatter was on a roll this morning. LOL

As Barry (?)(i think?) mentioned- the characters at breakfast are different from dinner. I think either meal would be suitable for boys. I'm sure at dinner the stepsisters would give your boys a little extra attention. The food was good at both meals. If you have any questions, let me know!
HAHAHA! Never seen Pooh so riled up before! I thought they were going to throw down right there in the restaurant

Old 12-26-2009, 10:09 AM   #45
DisneyDaddy-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
Nicely done, Nick! I love the reaction from the kids! What did you use to edit the video? The transitions are great
Thanks, I used iMovie 09 and just messed around with pictures and different sounds. I loves me my Mac!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Fantastic! Now you have to deal with 2 wound up kids for then next month!
They got some new games for the Nintendo DS's and the new Super Mario Bros for Wii from their Grandparents, I wonder where they got the idea for that game. That should keep them busy until the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post

Sorry, it had to be done.

Thanks, after watching some video on you tube and reading your review, I think this would be fun for all of us. Now the only decision is to make an ADR for breakfast or dinner.

,OCT 14 POR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: