Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2010, 02:12 PM   #136
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaddy-O View Post
It's funny how different they are when they don't have their brother with them. We really got a chance to talk about just him and not them as a collective. I know he really enjoyed it. We also went or RnR together as Jonathan didnt want to and it was nice to hear his opinion on the trip and whatever else we chatted about and not what maybe his older brother may have influenced.
Yeah I love that one-on-one time with they are not together. It's amazing how different they are when they are alone. And having time like that with just one or the other at WDW is even more special! Way to go!

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 02-18-2010, 02:16 PM   #137
DisneyDaddy-O
Dis Dads Club Member #286
I'm sure those driving beside me thought I was nuts

Day 2 Part II
Here are a few more pics that I took while walking around….

I can't wait for this movie....

So we decided to go see what the wait was for TSM, we got there and all the fast passes we gone for the day. This wasn’t really a surprise as we got there around 2pm. The wait time was 45 minutes, we thought about it and figured why not. Let me say that when they say 45 minutes it was 45 minutes, some rides have something posted and the wait maybe shorter, not this ride on this day. It did start to get a little old when we got to the area where the stand-by and the fast pass lines meet, it seemed like he was only letting fastpass people through…..I’m sure it was just the wait getting to me.

The wait gave me a chance to get a few shots in...

Finally we were on the ride, we sent the two boys together and Carrie and I rode together.

Our final scores....I won BTW

Now I realize that my accuracy was only at 25% but I still won that is what counts.

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
,OCT 14 POR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2010, 03:43 PM   #138
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaddy-O View Post

Now I realize that my accuracy was only at 25% but I still won that is what counts.
Ironic how the Canadians won a beaver as their prize?

Accuracy doesn't matter when you have unlimited shots. I declare you WINNER!

How was Mr. Potato head? I've always used fast passes and haven't had the chance to walk past him.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:57 PM   #139
DisneyDaddy-O

Next, we decided to jump on the great movie ride, I know its chessy but I really like it, I guess I like cheese.

Fogetaboutit!! I love the gansters.

I'll get you my pretty!!

Follow the yellow brick road?

We had a little time to kill before our ADR at Mama Melrose, so we walked around a little.
My absolute favorite thing about Disney is their attention to detail, the little things that may go unnoticed by a lot of people, I tried to really pay attention. Here are some of the things I spotted, that I thought were cool.

What is a trip to Disney and not visit the Christmas shop...we get the boys to pose like this every year, they are pretending its cold.

Unfortunately I decided to put the camera away and forgot to get pictures of dinner. We really love this restaurant, the kids eat well and its not mac and cheese and we can have a few drinks and relax. The only complaint I had was that they brought our mains so quickly that we had not finished our apps yet. I guess they were trying to get us fed and out of there. For the rest of the trip I ordered my apps first if we were getting any and waiting until they got there before ordering our mains. This way it was timed perfectly.
I would give this restarant a big , this is a must do for us every trip.

After dinner and walking around a little more we decided to head back to POR and hit the hay a wee bit earlier this day.
This is what we found, the boys got a kick out of the plushes watching TV.

I took the opportunity to mess around a little with my camera and try my hand at some night photography with my tripod. I have seen some really amazing pictures on this site and thought I would try to see if I could get some long exposure pictures of POR. This is my first attempt at taking pictures fully on manual on my camera and with a tripod, so be kind.

Here are a few that I captured....

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
,OCT 14 POR
Old 02-18-2010, 04:05 PM   #140
DisneyDaddy-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Ironic how the Canadians won a beaver as their prize?

Accuracy doesn't matter when you have unlimited shots. I declare you WINNER!

How was Mr. Potato head? I've always used fast passes and haven't had the chance to walk past him.
I never even noticed that!

I agree, though I did have a little discussion with Carrie about this when she kept saying my accuracy was better than yours. Unlimited shots, accuracy is out the window.

Potato head is very cool, I have been told he is interactive but it appeared to me that it was standard type recorded jokes he was telling. The animatronics is amazing, he moves, tips his hat, pulls his ear off, tells jokes, very cool stuff. Now mind you after about 1/2 and hour, I think I started hearing the same jokes again. So I would take the fastpass.

,OCT 14 POR
Old 02-18-2010, 05:46 PM   #141
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Glad you got to see Wilderness Lodge! Still my favorite resort.

What do you guys get at Mama Melrose's? We ate there once, but thought it was just ok. Maybe we're ordering the wrong stuff.

Great night shots! I never pack my tripod because I feel like it's too bulky, but you're making me reconsider with all the good pictures at night.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:57 PM   #142
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

I agree - the night shots are awesome!
Old 02-18-2010, 07:42 PM   #143
burly
DIS Veteran

no need to ask for us to be kind. The night shots are saweet!
Old 02-18-2010, 07:55 PM   #144
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Again great pictures!

I also can't wait for the new Toy Story! They have pictures of the new toys up on the Pixar facebook page and the new trailer which makes me that much more excited

Congrats on winning TSM!

I am glad you like Mama Melrose's it's one of my favorite TSs

Great pics of POR I have stayed there twice and enjoyed it both times

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 02-18-2010, 10:02 PM   #145
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Those are some awesome nighttime shots!

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 02-19-2010, 08:37 AM   #146
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

ok, caught up daddy o. we stayed at por in 1998, nice resort!! nice pics!!
Old 02-19-2010, 09:06 AM   #147
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Love the night shots!!!

I also like the pic of the M&M dispenser.

We haven't ate at Mama Melrose(yet), glad to hear that you like it there.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:44 AM   #148
DisneyDaddy-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
I agree - the night shots are awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
no need to ask for us to be kind. The night shots are saweet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
Those are some awesome nighttime shots!
Thanks everyone, this is something new for me and still have a lot to learn. I must have taken 50 or 60 shots that night to get what I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
ok, caught up daddy o. we stayed at por in 1998, nice resort!! nice pics!!
Good to see your back Dave!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
Again great pictures!

I also can't wait for the new Toy Story! They have pictures of the new toys up on the Pixar facebook page and the new trailer which makes me that much more excited

Congrats on winning TSM!

I am glad you like Mama Melrose's it's one of my favorite TSs

Great pics of POR I have stayed there twice and enjoyed it both times

That movie is going to be great, for those of you who havent see the trailers or pics here is a link. This is my fav character, he cracks me up!!

http://disney.go.com/toystory/#/characters/ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Glad you got to see Wilderness Lodge! Still my favorite resort.

What do you guys get at Mama Melrose's? We ate there once, but thought it was just ok. Maybe we're ordering the wrong stuff.

Great night shots! I never pack my tripod because I feel like it's too bulky, but you're making me reconsider with all the good pictures at night.
I bought one pretty cheap and only weighed about 4-5 pounds, I hooked it to my backpack. I only brought it out in the afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Love the night shots!!!

I also like the pic of the M&M dispenser.

We haven't ate at Mama Melrose(yet), glad to hear that you like it there.
My wife had a pasta with artichokes and peas and loved it, I tried it and really liked it as well. I had the veal parm and it was awesome. They also give you bread and olive oil to dip it in. The kids had spaghetti and meatballs, it was really good too.

I think it also dosent feel like theme park food either, kinda like a home cooked meal.

,OCT 14 POR

Last edited by DisneyDaddy-O; 02-19-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:35 PM   #149
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

My favorite part of the trailer is when they are all gathered around the see and say gambling!

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 02-19-2010, 01:02 PM   #150
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Great night time shots! I love the Great Movie Ride as well - especially the last scene of Wizard of Oz.

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: