Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2010, 01:37 PM   #121
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
Missed my DD11 on the roster (lol) I wont tell her you left her out
Whoops, sorry. Fixed now.
But with a family as big as the Brady Bunch, there's always going to be a "Jan" who gets left out.

(DD11's name isn't Jan, is it? That would be quite a coincidence!)
Old 01-22-2010, 03:14 PM   #122
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix

I saw this over on another page ,it is a little different from my routine but looks like it could be a good ending of an evening.This could make a nice drink around the world menu lol

Canada:
Moosehead Lager or Ice Wine (not sure if that is just F&W or all year available)
UK:
Strongbow or a 1/2 and 1/2 (Guinness and Harp)
France:
If you like a more "fruitty" treat - the Grand Marnier Slush
More traditonal - White Rose Champagne (Imperial Nectar is my favorite) or Pommery
Morocco:
Any of the Wines offered at the Tangerine Cafe
Japan:
Kiran is always a favorite..or "Sake" it to me!
USA:
Sam Adams is my favorite beer....seasonal (white ale,summer ale, ocktoberfest, winter lager) if available, cherry wheat, any of their stouts (if available), Boston Lager is an acceptible backup to anything.
Italy:
Not sure what's going on there currently - i know they have been building a new quick serve. If the wine shop is still there i suggest the "tour" (tasting)...nice selection
Germany:
Spaten - Oktoberfest or Optimator....there's really no discussion on this one
China:
Ok...it's corny...but the Peach Schnaps and Plum Wine Tea Slushes are excellent....Tsing Tsao is also a very smooth beer for consumption
Norway:
Keep it simple...Carlsberg (yeah...which isn't from Norway...but whatever)
Mexico:
Ahhh....the perfect start (or end)....3 flavor Margarita....though the new Tequila Bar inside the pavilion looks like a fine addition to the tour

If I can get a room at the BCV or BWV it will be nice love staying there and walking into the world showcase
Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

DisneyDadC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2010, 04:53 PM   #123
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
Do what Dave? There are a lot of different things you could be speaking of... I put my pants on the same way you do - one leg at a time. I just couldn't imagine what you are referring to.

Love it!

this is just too awesome

Kidani Village definitely does. There's a nice little shelter house with 3 charcoal grills, and 3 picnic tables - all right next door to the B-ball court (1/2), the 2 tennis courts and the 2 shuffle board courts. Could make a great breakfast / play time out of it all! There are pics in my LIVE report, but here are a couple now as well.

barry was saying how he has two trips hes working on at the same time and hes getting them mixed up.(the post before) thats what i was talking about, how does stopher do it?, you got 3 - 4 trips at one time on the drawing board.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

dvczerfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:57 PM   #124
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Get me on the offical roster Will be staying at SSR ( our home resort)checking in on Dec 4th and out on Dec 11th.Roster will be Me and the whole crew listed in my sig,plus my mother and step father will be joining us from the 6th-11th,with my brother and his family on hold for now for the 6th-11th.My mother-in -law will also be part of our group from the 4th-11th.So in total I will be getting one 2 bed and 3 studios @ SSR however come May 4th (our 7 month window) I will be trying to change over to BWV or BCV any combo of the two.
wow!!! thats a crew. you could rent your own bus to go to the parks!!! congrats on the resi!!!

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!

Old 01-22-2010, 05:03 PM   #125
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I saw this over on another page ,it is a little different from my routine but looks like it could be a good ending of an evening.This could make a nice drink around the world menu lol

Canada:
Moosehead Lager or Ice Wine (not sure if that is just F&W or all year available)
UK:
France:
More traditonal - White Rose Champagne (Imperial Nectar is my favorite) or Pommery
Morocco:
Japan:
USA:
Sam Adams is my favorite beer....seasonal (white ale,summer ale, ocktoberfest, winter lager) if available, cherry wheat, any of their stouts (if available), Boston Lager is an acceptible backup to anything.
Italy:
Not sure what's going on there currently - i know they have been building a new quick serve. If the wine shop is still there i suggest the "tour" (tasting)...nice selection
Germany:
China:
Ok...it's corny...but the Peach Schnaps and Plum Wine Tea Slushes are excellent....Tsing Tsao is also a very smooth beer for consumption
Norway:
Mexico:
Ahhh....the perfect start (or end)....3 flavor Margarita....though the new Tequila Bar inside the pavilion looks like a fine addition to the tour

If I can get a room at the BCV or BWV it will be nice love staying there and walking into the world showcase
id make it to italy than it wouldnt be drinking around the world for me it would be drinking half way and throwin up the rest of the way. since i quit smoking in 02, i think i have had some wine and maybe 1 beer since then. im not in shape!

Old 01-22-2010, 05:24 PM   #126
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
id make it to italy than it wouldn't be drinking around the world for me it would be drinking half way and throwing up the rest of the way. since i quit smoking in 02, i think i have had some wine and maybe 1 beer since then. im not in shape!
See that's were the training comes in,If you can stay at BCV or BWV you can walk in, so it is easy.You start of the week by doing one or two countries a night, each night you add another by end of week you are a pro at it!!! Or you can be like my brother-in-law and pull up a seat at the pub in UK and just stay there for 6 hrs. LOL( he did this last trip).I actually don't get to hit every country in one shot but I do try to much ESPN zone time stops me from doing it.
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

Old 01-22-2010, 05:26 PM   #127
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187

Quote:
wow!!! thats a crew. you could rent your own bus to go to the parks!!! congrats on the resi!!!
My own bus would be great, of course I would share with the Dis Dads

Old 01-22-2010, 07:26 PM   #128
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
barry was saying how he has two trips hes working on at the same time and hes getting them mixed up.(the post before) thats what i was talking about, how does stopher do it?, you got 3 - 4 trips at one time on the drawing board.
Ahh yes - I did finally see that when I actually read through the pages I'd missed (had just skimmed before).

Well - I do have 3, but I'm sad to say that today at work I saw that the annual end of year meetings are going to coincide with the DIS Dad's trip... so at this point I'm going to have to bow out of that gathering. Which really burns me up...but at the same time - hey, the guys in charge actually made a decision pretty early on this time around. I was happy with that at least. So now I need to find a new timeframe for my Daddy/Daughter trip.

My anniversary trip with DW in March is also in question right now due to some upcoming work travel being planned throughout Feb. & March... so even that is in jeopardy. But, tonight DW asked when we can plan our 2011 dates - so even with some potential changes to 2010 - I'm still looking at 4 or 5 trips in pre-planning right now. Once I get some dates firmed up a bit I'll change my signature.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
stopher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:37 PM   #129
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187

Quote:
Ahh yes - I did finally see that when I actually read through the pages I'd missed (had just skimmed before).

Well - I do have 3, but I'm sad to say that today at work I saw that the annual end of year meetings are going to coincide with the DIS Dad's trip... so at this point I'm going to have to bow out of that gathering. Which really burns me up...but at the same time - hey, the guys in charge actually made a decision pretty early on this time around. I was happy with that at least. So now I need to find a new timeframe for my Daddy/Daughter trip.

My anniversary trip with DW in March is also in question right now due to some upcoming work travel being planned throughout Feb. & March... so even that is in jeopardy. But, tonight DW asked when we can plan our 2011 dates - so even with some potential changes to 2010 - I'm still looking at 4 or 5 trips in pre-planning right now. Once I get some dates firmed up a bit I'll change my signature.
Oh no there goes our trip reporter who knows maybe thing will change and you will be able to make it.I cant stand when the people in charge of things screw up our plans.I for one know my boss is a j*rk. Oh wait a minute here I am my boss. Well hope things work out for you and you get a good date set for your trip

Old 01-22-2010, 08:46 PM   #130
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:

Canada:
UK:
France:
Morocco:
Japan:
USA:
Italy:
Germany:
China:
Norway:
Mexico:

WOW! you know your beers! I'm 100% German yet don't drink beer or wine, I like a little more pain, I'll be going with the mixed drinks at each stop, I have a iron stomach and can mix well 5-6 hours of sleep ready to go the next day with no hangover ( as long as I stay away form Gin, gives me a headache for some reason)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:50 PM   #131
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
My guess is you would be talking about the Rt 1 bridge ? If so I am not sure what they do in that junk yard.
Thats the one! I really got to stop there one of these days and find out if they sell.
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 01-22-2010, 08:52 PM   #132
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Holy cow that's a lot of people and rooms. I'd probably fall off my chair if I saw how many points that took!

I've got you added! 9 Dads already!
I'll be honest, when I started this thread 43 days ago, I figured there might be half a dozen or so of us. And we've still got 11 months to go!
Remember the old saying: If it's worth building and you build it, they Will come!

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 01-22-2010, 09:31 PM   #133
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:

ahhh, shame your gonna miss december trip. dw allways had a hard time with work for december, shes in h.r and there common reviews were in december.now, they changed it to july, so we can go again in december. we are going in june of 11 and either october or december of 11. i was trying to sneak another one in the summer but w/ work and dd taking course at com. col. it wont happen. so, i just got to be glad for the 3 trips in 2 years.

Old 01-23-2010, 07:35 PM   #134
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:

Bummer, man. I've pulled you off the list - for now. As soon as you tell your that you had plans to meet up with 8 random strangers that you met online, I'm sure he'll have the meetings rescheduled and you can join us again!
Old 01-23-2010, 09:39 PM   #135
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Bummer, man. I've pulled you off the list - for now. As soon as you tell your that you had plans to meet up with 8 random strangers that you met online, I'm sure he'll have the meetings rescheduled and you can join us again!
yeah, perhaps that would work - but maybe it would work better if I said "8 random strangers I met online AND THEIR FAMILIES" - making it what, 30 some odd people? never know, it might work...

I'll let ya know if it changes - but at this point I'm not counting on it.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
stopher1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: