Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2009, 08:50 AM   #46
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
You're on the list! And by my count, that will be at least 3 girls in the 5-6 year old age range. Lord help us all.

AKV is not my home resort, so I have to wait until 7 months out. Do you think it will be a problem getting a 2 bedroom at that time? I've done it a few times at Beach Club, but never tried it at AKV yet.
okw isnt our home resort,we have to wait till 7 mon. window also. we have never had a problem getting a two bedroom at okw. good luck on your resi.!!!
dvczerfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:59 AM   #47
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
okw isnt our home resort,we have to wait till 7 mon. window also. we have never had a problem getting a two bedroom at okw. good luck on your resi.!!!
Usually I wouldn't be worried, because we're open to staying anywhere. But this time, there will be 9 of us and the 2bedrooms at AKV sleep 9. The only other place that does is the Tree houses.
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2009, 09:19 AM   #48
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

I just got off the phone with DVC Member Services. We can book at the Tree House Villas at 11 months out and switch the reservation to AKV at 7 months out. I wasn't sure if this was against the rules, but the operator said that a lot of people do it.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:32 AM   #49
tutter99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just got off the phone with DVC Member Services. We can book at the Tree House Villas at 11 months out and switch the reservation to AKV at 7 months out. I wasn't sure if this was against the rules, but the operator said that a lot of people do it.
WOW, the AKV won't know what hit it. I think that makes 3 or 4 of us ending up there. Has anyone ever done the sunset safari? I can't find a lot of recent articles or reviews on it. It originally was only open to people staying in Concierge class but I'm not sure if any DVC members can book it now. It's not the cheapest thing in the world but from what I have read it is very cool and includes a dinner at Jiko, might be a good chance for the DisDads and Moms to have a "grown up" evening while the kids play in Simba's Club.

Proud to be DisDad #356
tutter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:27 PM   #50
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
that still dont gaur. you will get akv but it will get you into the tree houses. make sure you call on the first day you can, the first two weeks of dec. are the fullest times for dvc resorts.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:34 PM   #51
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

I forgot to let you know the family going on Dec. trip. It will be myself, DW and DS (who will be 5 at tme of the trip)

Has anyone thought of any other things we might want to do as a group on the trip
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:14 AM   #52
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
I forgot to let you know the family going on Dec. trip. It will be myself, DW and DS (who will be 5 at tme of the trip)

Has anyone thought of any other things we might want to do as a group on the trip
I've updated the roster.

Honestly, with the holidays going on and our March trip looming, I haven't given much though to December yet.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:15 AM   #53
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Good news - just got off the phone with DVC Member Services. Booked a Tree House Villa for the December vacation. So even if I can't get it switched to Animal Kingdom in May, we've got a pretty cool place to stay.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:52 PM   #54
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good news - just got off the phone with DVC Member Services. Booked a Tree House Villa for the December vacation. So even if I can't get it switched to Animal Kingdom in May, we've got a pretty cool place to stay.
barry,you will only be a good 5 iron shot away from me if you stay in the tree houses. they look cool!!
Old 01-05-2010, 03:12 PM   #55
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
barry,you will only be a good 5 iron shot away from me if you stay in the tree houses. they look cool!!
Our goal is to switch the reservations to Animal Kingdom as soon as that 7 month window opens on May 5. We've never stayed there before, and the little boy of the family that is going with us really loves animals. But now that you mention it, it would be fun to hit a few 5 iron shots at you.

A few years back we stayed at Old Key West. We were approaching our villa one afternoon when a golf ball sailed over the building and landed near us.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:49 PM   #56
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Our goal is to switch the reservations to Animal Kingdom as soon as that 7 month window opens on May 5. We've never stayed there before, and the little boy of the family that is going with us really loves animals. But now that you mention it, it would be fun to hit a few 5 iron shots at you.

A few years back we stayed at Old Key West. We were approaching our villa one afternoon when a golf ball sailed over the building and landed near us.
That must have been Dave....
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Emma's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:53 PM   #57
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
That must have been Dave....
probley was!!! i lost a few balls all ready at lake b. golf course!!! i generaly can keep the ball in front of me,(some what) its distance and water i have problems with. that was one other thing i had to do to say i did it.(play golf on disney prop.) maybe when dd is grown and on her own. pending how things go here the next 5-8 years, maybe we will get another 150 points. that will give us 550 and we can take a 2 weeker in oct or dec and take another 8-10 day trip in the early spring. its great, i dont have to twist dw arm for that plan.she would be packed and in the van at a moments notice.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:37 PM   #58
tutter99
DIS Veteran

OK, made it official! We will be at AKV Kidani from December 4th until the 11th.

Proud to be DisDad #356
tutter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:10 PM   #59
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutter99 View Post
OK, made it official! We will be at AKV Kidani from December 4th until the 11th.
Fantastic! I've updated the roster. Maybe we'll run into each other around the watering hole!
Old 01-07-2010, 03:11 PM   #60
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

In case anyone missed it, we filled up Dis Dad's Club II thread and started a new one Dis Dad's Club III

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: