Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2009, 03:25 PM   #1
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Bad Mothers' Handbook - Chapter 7

Chapter 7 - A Few of our Favourite Things

Oranges on Soarin’ and Missions to Mars
Shopping and eating and drinking in bars
Cheesecake and candles and Tiffany rings
These are a few of our favourite things

Although this morning started out foggy, the sun was soon breaking through the clouds and burning off the fog. We were (nearly)all in high spirits today, the early night having done us the power of good. See if you can spot the only person who wasn't in a good mood this morning

The day started at Epcot, where we spent the morning conquering Future World.

First up was Soarin’, which was incredible as always. With the exception of Mickey’s Philharmagic, I can’t think of any other Disney World attraction that gets a round of applause at the end. After Soarin’ we were all in need of breakfast so Sunshine Seasons seemed the obvious choice. Nat mentioned that this was the point where she missed the Dining Plan (not that i'm a greedy guts lol)

After breakfast, we wandered across to the Living Seas and took a quick spin on Nemo and friends. This is a cute little ride but one I think we’d probably skip if we didn’t have kids in tow. There was a 30 minute wait until the next Turtle Talk with Crush so, after the obligatory Nemo pics outside, it was back to the Land for another trip on Soarin’.

Next up was going to be Test Track but the return time for Fastpasses was beyond lunchtime and we had plans to leave before lunch. There was a 50 minute wait too so Mission: Space won out. Despite her misgivings, we managed to persuade Nat to ride so Rea and the kids waited outside for us. After Mission: Space, we had to have a good look around Mousegear and then we decided to head off as we were hitting the shops for the afternoon. As many of you know I am not good on spinning rides, the pirate ship is way beyond me! I did however promise to give Mission space a go. I enjoyed it but I can't say I would be rushing to ride it again!

On the way out of the park, we decided we just had to have a go on the new version of Spaceship Earth, which we absolutely loved.

By the time we got back to the resort, it was lunchtime so we decided to head straight to Mall at Millennia.

The plan was to have lunch at Cheesecake Factory. There was a 90 minute wait for a table, though, so we went off to do our shopping while we waited. Sadly, I couldn’t afford to do any more than stare longingly through the window of Tiffany’s. And I did spot a lovely bag in Coach but, again, couldn’t justify the expense. We spent a fair bit of time in the Yankee Candle shop and Nat bought some aftershave for a friend in Abercrombie and Fitch. I spent a good while in the Yankee candle store..there were way to many to choose from

Eventually, we headed back to the Cheesecake Factory, where we sat and waited for our table. By this time, it was almost 3 o’clock and we were all starving. Despite the huge portions, we all managed some cheesecake and it was delicious. Well worth a visit, in my opinion – but then cheesecake is my favourite dessert. Yes its my fave dessert as well, this was our 1st visit to the Cheesecake Factory and I was not dissapointed. Joh and I often share desserts but not today!

After lunch/tea, it was back to the car and off to the Florida Mall, where we bought M&M’s and the girls did Build-a-Bear (yes, even Sian and Rea).

Much to their embarrassment, the staff made them do all the rituals with the bears’ hearts and stuff – it was very funny to watch. I'm sure that the staff were deliberately hamming up the antics because it was clearly embarrassing the three girls but eventually they got the bears made and dressed

It was getting late now and we’d all had enough of shops, particularly the boys, so we decided to head back to the resort.

Once the kids were settled, the Bad Mothers and Fathers once again familiarised themselves with the Sanaa bar menu, where we drunk a little more than our previous visit, which made for some rather hilarious photo opportunities later that night. The drinks must have been extra strong that night or something!

Another great day!

Next up (hopefully before Christmas ): A Cold Day at Animal Kingdom
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:44 PM   #2
Natasha&Matt
I fancy Prince Eric

Well worth the wait!! loved the pics! x

May 2005 All star Movies May 2008 Pop Century September 2009 Newport Bay Club
May 2010 Enclave Suites/Hard Rock Hotel Club/Pop Century

Natasha&Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2009, 03:44 PM   #3
scottish mum
We still have 2 posties in shorts
I'm still learning how to work it

Anotehr brilliant day. I bet the girls were thrilled at having to participate at Build a bear
Disneyland Paris 1994, 1997, 2004, 2009
fort wilderness cabins september 2008
Beach Club October 2010

scottish mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:56 PM   #4
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Another great day girls. I love your pics, especially the Spaceship Earth one, the changes at the end of the ride are good fun

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:02 PM   #5
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Fab day, fab pics.

I especially like the kids being mortified in the Build-a-Bear emporium...

But I love the favourite things rhyme best of all...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
CustardTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:09 PM   #6
Verity Chambers
He's delicious! Rather like melted chocolate...

Absolutely fabulous photos! Looks like you are all having such fun!
Old 12-07-2009, 04:22 PM   #7
mark&sue
I keep trying to convert everybody, but they just don't want to be converted
I can only get a tag if its near the weekend. a monday, tuesday and some wednesdays are definately no tag days

worth the wait for chapter 7

susan
Oct 1992: off site - April 1998: Dixie Landings - Oct 1999: DL California - Oct 2000: Grosvenor Resort - Oct 2001: POFQ - Dec 2001:Disneyland Hotel - Oct 2003: Davy Crockets Cabins - Oct 2004: Grand Floridian -May 2005: SSR (DVC) & HRH - Oct 2005: New York Hotel - Oct 2006: SSR and BCV (DVC) - Aug 2007: SSR (DVC) and 1st Disney Cruise - July 2008: Sequoia Lodge - July 2010: Treehouse Villas - Sequoia Lodge: Oct 2010 - April 2011 Treehouse Villas/Portofino Bay
2012/13: Several trips to our Dream holiday Home in Spain
mark&sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:23 PM   #8
PoppyAnna
Despite the end of tWW I'm still crazy about Josh Lyman

Another great day, especially liked the "guess the grump" intro
1982 WDW off site * May 2001 WDW off site * May 2005 DLRP * May 2007 WDW off site * Oct 2007 WDW off site * May 2009 DLRP * DLRP Christmas 09 * April 2011 3 wks Emerald Island, 3nt Dream cruise & Miami Beach * November 2011 SSR & VWL
PoppyAnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:26 PM   #9
jockey
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!

Sounds like you guys had a great day, build a bear looked great!
Old 12-07-2009, 04:39 PM   #10
Danwell
Earning My Ears

CF rules!
Danwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:09 PM   #11
jns
Tries hard to get the jelly off Jaffa Cakes without breaking it!!!!

great day
2007 Animal Kingdom , Disney Magic , Saratoga Springs,NYC
2008 DLRP Santa Fa , Beachclub Villas, Wilderness Lodge ,Disney Magic and New York

2009 BayLake Towers, Beachclub Villas and Disney Wonder 2011 Disney Magic, Mediterranean Cruise, Old Key West2012 Los Vegas, Grand Calf and San Fran 2013 Disney fantasy , Wilderness Lodge and Vero Beach

We now know the secert too!! Trip report 2006 Trip Report 2008 WDW / DCL
jns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:55 PM   #12
SusanEllen
DIS Veteran

I don't get it! You're the ones who did all the drinking and yet my eyes went out of focus on those last few pictures!!! I believe that if you'd had any more fun that day you would've hurt yourselves.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:42 PM   #13
Muscateer
DIS Veteran

Another fab day. I liked Miss Grumpy's face, my DD also has one of them first thing in morning.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:47 AM   #14
Jets fan
DIS Veteran

Another great day and pics. I too love the new ending on Spaceship Earth.

Tina
Jets fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:31 AM   #15
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Love the bear photos.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: