Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2009, 11:22 AM   #1
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Smile I'm Ordering a big BLT for Thanksgiving 2010 NEW 12/3 started TR! see link

Come join the MouseScrapper family as we dig in to Eat and Celebrate--- DISNEY STYLE!!!!!!

Do you need a reason to plan a trip to Walt Disney World?

Not really I think, but it is always fun to have one….what is ours for the November 2010 trip?

Rachel and Naomi-Ruth's 8th and 4th Birthdays plus Thanksgiving!

***links to additional posts in post #2***
Before the trip in March of 09 was ON, I already knew after our June 08 trip we should plan a trip around the girls’ birthdays and stay for Thanksgiving too. We decided 2010 would be a good year to plan it in, having 1 year in between trips. Mae would still be young enough to love all the Princess Magic and enjoy being a little girl at Disney, plus Margaret turning 4 should be old enough to remember some parts of this special trip as she get’s older.

I actually started planning this trip right after the June trip and began my resort research…knowing the 2010 trip we’d actually count as a “family of 6” we had few options of where and how much we wanted to spend or budget for the resort.

* 2 rooms at a Moderate Resort like POR (where we had stayed in 08)

* Family Suite at All Stars Music Resort

* A Cabin at FWC

* A Deluxe Suite at the Wilderness Lodge Resort

I started jotting down notes in a spreadsheet and Word doc’s about transportation, room size, beds, costs, etc….after staying at the Poly and on the monorail…I couldn’t see how going back to all bus transportation would be great….but we knew On-Site was the only way for us. Oh well, I guess we’ll sit on, after all, at the time I thought I had over 1 ½ years to decide.

Then came the Surprise Bounce Back Trip w/ my Parents just this past March (09) and the fateful day at AK and our visit to the DVC….

For those of you who read my previous TR know the whole story and you should be able to tell in my siggie….but we took the Plunge and bought into DVC!!!

Bay Lake Tower at CR, is our New Disney HOME! And we can’t wait to be there!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The CAST of Characters:

Naomi-Ruth (Margaret) (3): The upcoming trip will be her 3rd! She talks about going to “Didney Word” practically everyday and anytime it is mentioned she’s ready to pack her bags and go. She is part Princess and part Pirate, full of sweetness w/ a lot of crafty hyperactivity thrown in. Her favorite characters are any of the Fantastic 6 and the Princesses!

Rachel (Mae) (7): The upcoming trip will be her 4th! She can’t wait to go for her next Birthday and get a “It’s my Birthday” button to wear. Mae is all Princess, she loves to sing and dance and dress up. Her favorite characters are Minnie, Jasmine, Belle, Ariel and her favorite attraction is the WEDway People Mover (TTA).

Rebekah (Aldine) (11): One of the twins and this upcoming trip will be her 4th! She can be my co-planner on this one and can’t wait to help me as we start planning more of the fine details. She is looking forward to bringing another one of her mini American Girl dolls and hopes it’s warm enough to slide down the waterslide at BLT. Her favorite characters are Jasmine, Belle, Remy (from Ratatouille) and Kim Possible. Her favorite attractions are BTMRR and Test Track, she’s thinking about if she’ll be brave enough to go on ToT w/ me.

Nathan (Michael) (11): Twin to Aldine and as well this trip will be his 4th trip! He is the co-navigator while we are there and can’t wait to eat all the FOOD! Michael is my sweet boy and may not be mischievous like one of his favorite Characters, Jack Sparrow but loves treasure and mystery. He is lives each day w/ High-Functioning AUTISM (Aspergers) and this can make his trips to WDW a bit complex in finding the right balance of fun and rest…but overall the MAGIC of Disney always shines. Another of his favorite characters is Donald Duck and his favorite attraction is TSM.

Dad/DH (Matt): He may not be as high of a Disney addict or as OCD about planning as me…but underneath that, his inner Mickey and Walt shine through. This will be our 7th trip together! For the most part the planning is up to me, but he chimes in on the important things like ADR’s and attraction must-do’s. His favorite Characters are Mickey, Alice (and all the other AiW friends), and that guy on Bald Mountain from Fantasia. His favorite attractions are Mission Space, POC, and BLAB.

Me- MouseScrapper, Scrappie (Julie): Anything Disney brings out a huge smile on my face, but especially planning and going to WDW! I love researching, planning, and figuring out all the details and now sharing it w/ you my Dis-Friends. This will be my 8th trip to the World! My favorite characters are a bit like me…Piglet (small and helpful), Cinderella (homemaker extraordinaire and found her Prince), Mrs. Incredible (if only I had those expandable arms) and Mary Poppins (I love my spoon full of sugar). And a few of my favorite attractions are IASW and ToT.

DMIL-E and DFIL-M Matt's Parents will now be coming w/ us for the first half of the trip (Fri 19-Tues 23). They have been to WDW several times and this will be their second trip coming w/ us! I think they are excited to return w/ their grandkids and help celebrate Mae and Margaret's birthdays.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please join us over these next 11 months as I plan w/ my family the next Adventure to our Favorite Place. You’ll get to learn more about me and my crazy Planning style, more overall Disney FUN and more about my family as we countdown to

Birthdays and Thanksgiving-----DISNEY STYLE!!! In November 2010, the 19th thru the 28th….10 days and 9 nights!

UP NEXT: the countdown continues to making my first DVC ressie on December 20th 2009….

Thanks for reading and joining along

Scrappie J~

Last edited by mousescrapper; 12-03-2010 at 08:26 PM.
mousescrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:23 AM   #2
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

PTR post links

MAIN POST contents:

Post #17: I'll have a POP w/ my BLT please...

Post #24 My POP is fizzing...questions and concerns about possible split stay w/ 1-night at POP

post #35 Order Delay...still waiting to make ressie on...12/20/09

post #41 The making of a BLT and an order of POP (my trip's ressies)

post #50 Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas Everyone...

post #52 A few more Characters to our Bunch!

post #60 First bit of MICKEY Mail!

Post # 72 Let's Start Planning...my planning tools and list of to do's over the next 11 months

Post #98 Quick Planning Update 1-14 itinerary goals

Post # 148 HELP...Diser Desperately Seeking a Disney Logo shirt!

Post # 173 Back on the PTR again...a trip into Scrappie's Disney/WDW Zone 2-9-10

Post # 191 quick update and Feb to do list

Post # 203 A Quick Sneak Peek...TOP 10...

Post # 227 "Mouse Droppings" ? In need of a restroom?...take a break.

Post # 236 Part 1 of 3 Talking about $ and a Budget for 6 for 10 days... tickets/Passes

Post #246 Part 2 of 3 Talking about $ and a Budget for 6 for 10 days... hopping or no hopping

Post # 263 Part 3 of 3 Talking about $ and a Budget for 6 for 10 days... DDP or OOP

Post # 314 A Disney Fashion Show

Post # 326 Itinerary Update/dilemma 3-27

Post # 344 The Disney BOX!

Post # 365 Creative touches

Post # 393 Quick Planning Update 4-13

Post #415 Official Operating Hours Nov 2010 how does it affect us? 4-20

Post # 424 Let's Talk food Part one: Allergies

Post # 438 A quick planning Update 5-7

Post # 458 Let's Talk food Part two: Counter service pick's plus pictures

Post # 478 Are you kidding me? flustered and confused a split-stay pre-nightmare...

Post # 496 The ADR LIST...only 5 days till making them (5-19)

Post # 520 The ADR's are done...YAY! 5-24

Post # 545 Planning Update my List...for the summer 6-7-10

Post # 557 Start the tour planning...top park choices

Post # 575 The airfare is booked 6-15-10

Post # 589 Sneak Peek at the TOP 5 choices

Post # 601 TS3 Mania

Post # 616 3 of the family's TOP 5 lists...

Post # 637 the other 3 Family TOP 5 lists

Post # 648 Our Disney Budget...the good, the bad, and the ugly reality...

Posts # 674-5-6 DHS...lessons learned, memories (pictures), & the list for 2010

Post #719 Life update 7-26-10 and Crafts for the trip

Post #739 110 Days to Disney...start of our Countdown Chain! 8-1-10

Post #768-9-770 Animal Kingdom...lessons learned, pictures of memories and what up for 2010

AK pictures

AK 2010 plans

Post # 784 100 days countdown Toy Story Day 8-11-10

100 days party

Post # 815 Scrappie's Quiz

Post # 845 January Surprise

Post # 848 90 days till Disney 8-21-10 Pirates Day

Post # 866 Planning Update next 2 1/2 months to-do list 9-1-10

Post # 885 80 Days to Disney night and Birthdays fun to share

Post #905 Scrappie's MK guide Part 1 of 3 lessons learned

Post # 906 Scrappie's MK guide Part 2 of 3 Memories-Pictures

Post # 907 Scrappie's MK guide Part 3 of 3 our 2010 Plans

Post 915 70 days to Disney 9-10-10 UP Night-Day

Post # 936 60 days to Disney 9-20-10 Finding Nemo Night

Post # 962 50 days to Disney 9-30-10 Be Our Guest Night

Post # 979 My Esty Order

Post #991 40 days to Disney...Mary Poppins Day 10-10-10

post #992 Got Scrappy? My projects that are done and in progress

post #993 My October to-do list 10-12-10

post # 1009 Special Delieveries and Mickey Mail

Post # 1047 30 day fun 10-20-10

Post # 1048 Packing is under way!

Post # 1064 The final TO-DO List....10-27-10

Post # 1072 20 day countdown party & Halloween

Post# 1074 Planning update w/ pix 11-1-10

Post # 1086 Planning Update 11-3-10

Post # 1095 Scrappie's Guide to Epcot Part 1 of 3 Lessons Learned

post # 1096 Scrappie's Guide to Epcot part 2 of 3 Memories

Post # 1097 Scrappie's Guide to Epcot part 3 of 3 what's in the works for 2010

Post # 1098 Nathan's special Guidebook (Autism) link

Post# 1111 Garden Grocer and Planning Update 11-8-10

Post # 1117 A party in Wonderland

Post # 1119 In 10 days....

Post # 1132 Our 10 days till Disney celebration

Post # 1134 Our Day 2 plans for 11-20

Post # 1144 Our Day 3 plans for 11-21-10

Post # 1151 8 days till Disney night-Memories

Post # 1152 Our Day 4 Plans for 11-22-10

Post # 1159 7 and 6 days till Disney celebrations Bingo and Mickey Christmas

Post # 1160 Our Day 5 plans for 11-23-10

Post # 1169 Our plans for Day 6 Wed 11-24-10

Post # 1177 Our plans for Day 7 Thurs 11-25-10

Post # 1182 Our plans for Day 8 Fri 11-26-10

Post # 1191 Our Day 9 and 10 plans for Sat 11-27 and Sun 11-28 (last day)

Post # 1201 A Pre Charlie Brown Thanksgiving

Post # 1203 My Wishes for this trip...

Last edited by mousescrapper; 11-18-2010 at 09:18 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2009, 11:51 AM   #4
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

YAY!!! A new Scrappie PTR! I'm in, I'm in!

Can't wait to join in this planning adventure!!
mommytothreeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:00 PM   #6
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Ok...third...but Three is a Magic Number...yes it is...it's a magic number...do you know that song...

Subbing on for a Scrappie PTR...
Love that song! School House Rock, right?
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:50 PM   #7
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Ok...third...but Three is a Magic Number...yes it is...it's a magic number...do you know that song...

Subbing on for a Scrappie PTR...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Love that song! School House Rock, right?
Yes it is School House Rock...

I love them -especially the numbers ones and the history/goverment ones...I turned David onto them and now he loves them too...

I can still remember the whole preamble to the Constitution and its because of Schoolhouse Rock...(I do have to sing it though...)
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:50 PM   #8
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Thanks for the PM Scrappie-Do! Your timing was great because this is the first time I've logged-in in weeks.

MRYPPNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:19 PM   #9
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

My first set of Hello's...

It's like opening little presents to see who has stopped by to say Hello....

Hi FRIENDS

Amy your first this time...

Hi Missy...are you still napping in Italy....JK

Hi Miss Triple P!!!! yes I love Schoolhouse Rock...my kids have the whole collection of shorts on DVD...we watch it before the new school year begins each time. "Conjunction Junction...what's my function?"

and Heidi's here...YAY!!! no worries Heidi I have not been on in over a week and a half either, so I decided to start the PTR...a pre-Christmas present to you all....

and Hello to the lovely lurkers...say Hi anytime and if you see my friend Kathy tell her to stop by...

Scrappie
Old 12-08-2009, 11:16 AM   #10
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Dan is in his school's production of Schoolhouse Rocks, the musical. He plays Joe so he gets to sing "Conjunction Junction'! So fun!
mommytothreeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:45 PM   #12
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

to be continued soon...

I'm up to my eyeballs in ancient Egypt right now helping the twins w/ their Ancient Egypt papers and projects due tomorrow and next week...plus tomorrow is the school Holiday concert (oh can I mention Matt and I are hosting a party for 30+ adults this Saturday and )

I was going to wait to start the PTR till after the Holidays because of the extra busies...but I have important Dis stuff to report before we make the ressie on the 20th...

so please bear w/ me and I will post another Dis-BLT post w/ a possible POP order soon....

OH and can SOMEONE PLEASE!!!!!! pm or post the instructions of how to post the instalment links for me to use in post #2 to keep everyone informed ?

TIA

J~

oh and that is too funny about the school musical Missy....
Old 12-11-2009, 01:11 AM   #15
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

I'm in!! Thanks for pointing out your TR ...I forget to look at siggie's.
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: