Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2009, 06:14 PM   #16
IHeartTink04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msteddom View Post
Whenever I open a thread on the Disboards it automatically goes to the last post. I want to read it from the beginning! Is there some way to adjust it?

I have the same problem! I am curious to see if is there a way to change this as well!
Old 12-28-2009, 09:46 PM   #17
SCDizneyDawn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msteddom;
Whenever I open a thread on the Disboards it automatically goes to the last post. I want to read it from the beginning! Is there some way to adjust it?
Me too! I also am having a hard time figuring out the help site, but I did try to go there to figure it out!
Old 12-29-2009, 01:41 PM   #18
blkhwks55
Mouseketeer

What are the chances of you coming out with an app for the Palm Pre?

Tony
Old 12-29-2009, 01:58 PM   #19
eticketapp
The official iPhone application of The DIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkhwks55 View Post
What are the chances of you coming out with an app for the Palm Pre?

Tony
Hi Tony. Check out our FAQs page for more info on our plans for other platforms.

http://www.eticketapp.com/faqs/other...honetouch.html
eticketapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:29 PM   #20
Bornteach

We just left our week long vacation and of course, love the app. The one thing I noticed (and at DAP too) was the DPS finder puts me about 1000 yards from where I actually am. We were in building 49 at OKW but it kept putting me in the woods near the highway behind building 55.

When were were at the Dolphin, I was off in the woods. LOL

Bornteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:43 PM   #21
eticketapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornteach View Post
We just left our week long vacation and of course, love the app. The one thing I noticed (and at DAP too) was the DPS finder puts me about 1000 yards from where I actually am. We were in building 49 at OKW but it kept putting me in the woods near the highway behind building 55.

When were were at the Dolphin, I was off in the woods. LOL
What you experienced is the app using the GPS in non-tracking mode. We revert to this mode to conserve battery life. Instead of going first to the satellites, we ping your location off local cell towers. This helps both the map and app load quicker, but sometimes less accurate. If you aren't getting a close enough pinpoint for your immediate needs, you can force the app to find your exact location by pressing the "find me" button on the map page. See the FAQs page on the eTicketapp.com site:

http://www.eticketapp.com/faqs/techn...naccurate.html

Of course you have to be somewhere with a clear view of the sky, otherwise you will get a bad result. So no indoor GPS tracking.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:39 PM   #22
SamIAm21
Mickey's New Fan
Always happy to try a new brew!
Next time, it's going to be corn for me

Not really a technical issue, but I thought I had heard during the discussions on the podcast that DIS Radio would be accessible through eTicket? If it is, could you let me know how to find it? Thanks.
SamIAm21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:15 PM   #23
mikkiwikki
DIS Veteran

Time on itinerary items

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornteach View Post
Is there a way to add times to items you add to your itinerary??
AGREE - What I THINK this person is referring to , or at least what I am referring to...
Is that say you ADD an item to your artinerary (after using the browse button)
And say you bring back CHEF MICKEYS ....
And I get that you can add it to a date....

BUT when I want to add the TIME I made my reservation for on the same page where I can see the full itinerary.

Like I see the DATE grey bar...and 10 things to do on that date...and
For Chef mickeys I want to see Chef Mickeys 5PM

and ANOTHER thing...you add an item to your itinerary.
Then if you realize you type something wrong you click on the box to edit your text...and it wipes out everything you previously typed forcing you to retype. That really is a bug
My Trippies:
2008 ThanksGiving TR POP-O-LICIOUS / CR Summer 2011 POLYTASTIC EXTRAVAGANZA
2011- Christmas in Orlando WindsorHills XtraVaGanZa
2012 - SUMMER POP & Windsor Hills
mikkiwikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:35 PM   #24
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

I went to the support link to leave information on a little issue I've had, but it wanted me to register to do this and I just didn't feel like registering on yet another site with another password so I just left.

Anyway, I'll just post what I was going to say in case someone sees this here. I haven't seen anyone else have this problem but in the map mode on DLR version (itouch) it closes the app when I touch the filter button. Also, it seems to cut off the wifi when I've been on the boards with the app for about 5 minutes. If I leave the app, the wifi kicks back in.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:08 AM   #25
eticketapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkiwikki View Post

BUT when I want to add the TIME I made my reservation for on the same page where I can see the full itinerary.

and ANOTHER thing...you add an item to your itinerary.
Then if you realize you type something wrong you click on the box to edit your text...and it wipes out everything you previously typed forcing you to retype. That really is a bug
Hi! @Showing the time. We're working on v1.3 of the app right now which will include several major improvements to the itinerary. Showing the time next to the event in the main itinerary page isn't going to be in 1.3, but the infrastructure to do that will be in place.

@Deleting when editing. It's not a bug, it's a feature! We're doing that on purpose because when we were building eTicket, the ability to to select entire blocks of text wasn't available. So if you wanted to go back and edit, you had to backspace to delete that block of text. But I suppose now that we can highlight and delete an entire paragraph in just a few clicks, we can disable the auto-delete in 1.3.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:16 AM   #26
eticketapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBudgie View Post
Anyway, I'll just post what I was going to say in case someone sees this here. I haven't seen anyone else have this problem but in the map mode on DLR version (itouch) it closes the app when I touch the filter button. Also, it seems to cut off the wifi when I've been on the boards with the app for about 5 minutes. If I leave the app, the wifi kicks back in.
Send me an email via http://www.eticketapp.com/email-us/ and I'll see if I can troubleshoot some possibilities with you.

@Close the app when filter is selected in the map view. That's a bug that we know about and will patch in v1.3. It's doing this because you don't have a network connection. The app is checking to see what the latest filters are, but it isn't connecting and closes the app.

@eTicket disconnecting wifi. This is a strange one. I know for sure that eTicket doesn't have any code in it that can access or control your wifi state (on/off). Something else is going on, we just have to figure out what it could be. The fact that selecting the map filter closes the app (no wifi) and the boards stop working (no wifi) makes me think this has something to do with your (wifi) connection. Send me an email via the link and we'll start with the basics.

-Josh
Old 02-12-2010, 10:18 AM   #27
eticketapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm21 View Post
Not really a technical issue, but I thought I had heard during the discussions on the podcast that DIS Radio would be accessible through eTicket? If it is, could you let me know how to find it? Thanks.
DISradio is not available through eTicket. We've discussed creating a specific app for that, but no final decision has been made one way or the other. Thanks!
Old 04-04-2010, 01:49 PM   #28
diddldonna
DIS Veteran

can't access the boards through the e-ticket, I know it's not a case issue as I am using the same on the e-ticket to accessing the board on my computer, any ideas?
Old 04-04-2010, 01:53 PM   #29
conciergekelly
DIS Veteran

I am having the same issue.
conciergekelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:54 PM   #30
Pooh's Hunny
Earning My Ears

Unhappy

I am having the same problem! "Invalid username or password" appears.

Me DH DD
Pooh's Hunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: