Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #1
connie1042
DIS Veteran

Calling WDW is ridiculous!

I have a room only reservation for Dec. I pay on it each week. That is just how I can do it. I called yesterday and the lines were down. Fine. Call 5 times today and waited over a half hour twice and an hour tonight and still have not talked to a real person. I am mad. To me, if you are spending money to go to Disney, they should have the courtesy to answer their reservation lines in a timely manner. My time is just as valuable as theirs. I would never take it out on the people that answer the phone, because they are just doing their job, and I am sure not getting paid enough. But Disney needs to step up.I did send them an e-mail letting them know I am not happy. We will see what kind of response I get.
connie1042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #2
mommy2allgirls
Stay out of the damn lakes!

They did a system upgrade today so the phones as computers were messed up for quite a bit. It's annoying when this happens

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Lyme Blog
mommy2allgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:40 PM   #3
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

It is indeed mind boggling that Disney has just about the worst websites and reservation systems. I book a lot of travel, I never have as much trouble as I do when it comes to Disney.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:57 PM   #4
buckeev
RedNeck Mouseketeer

Ditto here Connie...

Two calls.
..1:15 on hold 1st one
..:45 2nd one....

I STILL haven't talked to ANYONE!

We have a split stay and Paying on the website is a mess still.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #5
connie1042
DIS Veteran

Tried 3 times so far today, and nothing. Tell me the system is down, but don't make me sit on hold for ever, and not get a human!!!
Old 08-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #6
DannyDisneyFreak
Por favor mantιnganse alejado de las puertas.

I read somewhere in one of the many Disney email newsletters I get that they were doing system upgrades this week and specifically online reservations would be down I believe around 8/6. I have had some long wait times on the phone with Disney but always get through eventually. I agree that their website was horrible but it has gotten ALOT better recently, with the fast pass+ stuff they have to optimize the site.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:00 PM   #7
MaryJPixie
Mouseketeer

I called twice last week and was on hold 1 hr 45 min both times before someone picked up.......this was also 3-4 days after the new resort promos came out.....then during the second call they were having trouble putting a BBB reservation through due to "system enhancements" in the middle of my call....luckily it went through....

A dream is a wish your heart makes......
MaryJPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #8
JRawkSteady
Mousecessed DIS Veteran

I called multiple times yesterday and I was on hold for a total of 3 hours!!! I just want to pay!!

" Imagine if the trip were not merely the width of this room but the breadth of a galaxy, the span of a universe. Well imagine no more. Because soon one of you will be taking that trip. One of you will seize the future with XS! Bon Voyage!"

Mouse Rants Podcast

JRawkSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #9
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Will they do it electronically or by email or by fax or by regular mail or on line instead of over the phone??
Old 08-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #10
Ana~n~Joseph
I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met Mickey for the first time

I called twice this week...i was on hold for 45 minutes each time and eventually just hung up. My friend was on hold for 1 hour and 30 minutes when she finally got through. Yesterday, I called again and the system couldn't understand me (I may have mumbled or something) and I was through to an agent in less than 5 minutes.

Dec ‘95 – ASMusic; Dec ‘96 – ASMusic; Dec ‘97 – offsite; Dec ‘98 – ASMusic; Dec ‘99 ASMovies ; Aug ‘02 – ASMusic ; Jan ‘06 – CBR (Honeymoon); Sept ‘06 – Pop; Nov ‘06 – ASMusic; March ‘07 – POR; Sep ‘07 – Pop; Sept '07 - DLP; Feb ‘08 – Pop; Sept ‘08 – CSR; Jan ‘09 – Pop; Jan’ 09 – CR Club; March ‘10 – Boardwalk; Sept ‘10 – CSR; May ‘11 – CR; Sept '11 - AKL; Dec '11 - AKL Club; Dec '11 - Christmas Cruise - Disney Dream; September 2012 - AKL w/ BFF - November 2012 - Pop w/ DS + Mom & Disney Dream; April 2013 Disney Magic - Coming Up: October 2013 - AKL-Kidani - ToT 10 miler; Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge; Feb 2014 - Disney Dream & AKL/BWV; Aug 2014 - Disney Magic Med; Sept 2014 - BLT, AKL & Disney Dream w/ BFF; Jan 2015 - Pop Century; October 2015 - Wine & Dine Half; Nov 2015 - Disney Wonder;
Ana~n~Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:43 PM   #11
connie1042
DIS Veteran

Finally got through

I was on hold for 1 hour and 23 min. They said it has been that way for 5 days since the new promos came out. So hang in there and stay on hold. I still think it is ridiculous that Disney can not come up with a better way to handle this.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #12
rmgreenesq
Toadi Acceleratio Semper Absurda

I simply mail Disney a check:

Walt Disney Travel Co., Inc.,
P.O. Box 409668
Atlanta, GA 30384-9668.

I write reservation number on the check and include a copy of the reservation in the envelope.

Rick
rmgreenesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:20 PM   #13
Tiggerrific
Mouseketeer

I waited till like 10:10 pm last week probably like 2 or 3 days after the promos came out. Change my reservation completely around, and maybe spent 30 minutes on the phone from start to finish! I guess its luck of the draw sometimes.

"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
Walt Disney
Tiggerrific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:25 PM   #14
buckeev
RedNeck Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmgreenesq View Post
I simply mail Disney a check:

Walt Disney Travel Co., Inc.,
P.O. Box 409668
Atlanta, GA 30384-9668.

I write reservation number on the check and include a copy of the reservation in the envelope.

Rick
Mail...mail...mail....
What means this strange word mail?
....and CHECK?....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: