Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 07:39 AM   #616
Missypyxi
Mouseketeer

I hit my 20 lb mark this week! So excited. My goal was 30 lbs by cruise time in Feb, but since I'll make that for sure, I'm upping the stakes to 40lbs total by Feb. Very excited by how quickly the iChat seems to be coming off with running!

FairyDawn on Etsy
Missypyxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:39 PM   #617
PryncessLace
Mouseketeer

That's awesome Missy! Somehow I didn't gain on my cruise, but now in the week we have been home I have managed to gain 2lbs. :-( BUT. It looks like we will be cruising again next year some time, so that is amazing news! My goal is to be at my ultimate goal by then, so 10lbs more by June!
PryncessLace is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #618
ericapixiedust
Earning My Ears

Losing before Cruising!!

I am also following a modified South Beach Diet. I have about 15-20 pounds to lose. I have gained a TON of weight since getting married and stopping drinking alcohol. I attribute this to the "All Cupcake" diet. I am with you!! Drop the cupcake!!

ericapixiedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #619
carolinamom
Mouseketeer

It's a frosty morning here in SC- all the more reason to look forward to our spring break cruise aboard the fantasy! With the new year (of course) come fresh starts!
I am at 151. Ready to try again to buckle down and get fit! I have about 12 weeks until our cruise. My goal is 1 to 2 lbs per week. I will do 3 weeks of Medifast, then transition to modified South Beach. We will be attending a wedding in Islamorada in January- a nice motivator to stay on track! I'll also start training now for a sprint triathlon in April.
Thank you all for posting your own stories! I find so much inspiration in the posts on this board!
carolinamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:09 PM   #620
dpantry
Disney Dad enjoying my Disney family!

Looking forward to our first cruise on the Disney Dream on JAN 27. My DW is working crazy hard at the gym. I just had knee surgery and looking forward to get back to running. I have been taking Visalus and lost over 30 lbs and have been maintaining my weight post surgery. I will get a few weeks to run before the cruise and I will use the onboard fitness center to keep things going.
dpantry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:04 PM   #621
heastonfam
Earning My Ears

ooh, I'm so glad I found this thread! I've lost 15 lbs since booking our cruise and trying to lose another 10 before we depart (February!). I've been doing Zumba 7 hrs a week and Turbo Kick a couple times a week, it's been great!!
heastonfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:39 PM   #622
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

Well I am back from the 14 day EBPC. The cruise was excellent. Gained 5lbs. in one day and nothing after that point. Got home Dec. 27, and lost 2lbs by Dec28.

On the cruise, I either ran 3 miles on Deck 4 or walked 3 miles on the hotter or rockier or hang over days. Did boot camp 8 / 14 days on board the ship. Once we got to Florida - ran 3 miles followed by lunges, burpees and squats over a 3 day period. Been to the gym 2/5 days since I have returned. Should be back to 6/7 days starting tomorrow.

I did a body composition test on board the ship, and they told me that I could loss another pound. That was after gaining 5 lbs. Hmmm, my gym is suggesting that I loss another 20 lbs.

My goal for 2013 will be to continue working out 6/7 days a week and recording my food with the intent to eat healthier. I will build my strength and endurance with the intent to be able to run 1/2 marathon in 2013.
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race, Sept 2014 WBTA Magic,February 2015 Princess Half Marathon - Magic Western,September 2015 Wonder - Hawaii
Relaxin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #623
carolinamom
Mouseketeer

Heastonfan- that is great!! Did you pair an eating approach to your workouts? It sounds like you are going to be totally fit for those excursions! (and that swimsuit!)
We cruise March 30 and my goal is 15 lbs. your success is inspiring!
Old 01-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #624
GG954
happy cruiser

No(low) carb

I usually do no carbs for a week or two before the cruise. Get great results but a fair amount of it is "water weight"
GG954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #625
carolinamom
Mouseketeer

To Relaxin'- which ship were you on for your recent trip? I'm curious about your run. It seemed like on the Magic, a 3 miler was a whole lot of laps (9??). I'm wondering how the deck 4 run works out on the other ships (we cruise the fantasy in March). Thanks- and congratulations on your many successes!!! I'd love to hear your story!
Old 01-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #626
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinamom View Post
To Relaxin'- which ship were you on for your recent trip? I'm curious about your run. It seemed like on the Magic, a 3 miler was a whole lot of laps (9??). I'm wondering how the deck 4 run works out on the other ships (we cruise the fantasy in March). Thanks- and congratulations on your many successes!!! I'd love to hear your story!
We were on the Wonder, and yes it is 9 times around the ship. It was exciting to see dolphins and whales (one day) as I ran around. We had a little contest to run 1/2 marathon, full marathon or ultra over the 14 day period, and if you made it, you got a little certificate. I can not remember how many times it is on the Fantasy, but the signs are posted.

It is hard to believe a year ago at this time, I was 60 lbs heavier, working crazy hours, and it took an hour to walk 3 miles. Today, I hit the gym 6 days a week, work approx. 9 hrs a day vs. 12 hrs/day. I love life, and my family and team is much happier, too.
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race, Sept 2014 WBTA Magic,February 2015 Princess Half Marathon - Magic Western,September 2015 Wonder - Hawaii
Old 01-05-2013, 07:06 AM   #627
carolinamom
Mouseketeer

Relaxin- what a fantastic lifestyle change! I have south respect for the 60 lb weight loss. I know that each and every pound lost is a small victory! Way to go!
I can't imagine how many laps the half and full would require! I would be dizzy!!
So glad to hear your cruise was a good one! What is next on your cruise agenda?
Old 01-05-2013, 07:31 AM   #628
Missypyxi
Mouseketeer

Checking in to report! I have lost 26 pounds now, and I'm 4 away from my February goal! This past Monday I ran my first ever 5k race in 37 minutes, and it was a really challenging one with lots of inclines and gravel and wind, and was 35 degrees out!

Relaxin, you are such an inspiration to me and the others here in this thread!

It's so easy to stick with a healthy lifestyle once its started. For example, yesterday I ran for 4 miles and was able to have wings for lunch and cake after dinner and I was still way under my calorie goal. I know those things aren't very healthy, but honestly I only had 4 wings before I started feeling way too full, and the chocolate cake was sooo tiny and I still felt bleh after I ate it. My body has really adapted to being healthier, and its amazing how it lets me know now when enough is enough.

FairyDawn on Etsy
Missypyxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:10 AM   #629
carolinamom
Mouseketeer

Missypyxi- WooHoo!!!! Way to go!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #630
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missypyxi View Post
Checking in to report! I have lost 26 pounds now, and I'm 4 away from my February goal! This past Monday I ran my first ever 5k race in 37 minutes, and it was a really challenging one with lots of inclines and gravel and wind, and was 35 degrees out!

Relaxin, you are such an inspiration to me and the others here in this thread!

It's so easy to stick with a healthy lifestyle once its started. For example, yesterday I ran for 4 miles and was able to have wings for lunch and cake after dinner and I was still way under my calorie goal. I know those things aren't very healthy, but honestly I only had 4 wings before I started feeling way too full, and the chocolate cake was sooo tiny and I still felt bleh after I ate it. My body has really adapted to being healthier, and its amazing how it lets me know now when enough is enough.
Sounds like you are going to make your February goal, and 37 minutes for your first 5K - excellent time. It is so important to keep with healthy eating and exercise as you are trying to lose weight. Not sure how I am going to handle maintenance. It will be so easy to slowly go off track. I think having mini goals is so important.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: