Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 07:40 AM   #571
Missypyxi
Mouseketeer

I've hit some road blocks in the past week or so. Sandy kept me indoors with my DS on Monday and Tues. I couldn't have run, anyway. Last Saturday I hurt my dumb calf muscle again. Wednesday I walked 3 miles. Yesterday I gave C25k a shot and did fine, though my leg was hurting toward the end.

Going to do yoga today despite the splint on my pinky from a pumpkin carving incident.

Tomorrow is a running day, but I have a job (I'm a mural painter) so I probably won't have the time to go for a run.

Exciting news is that I bought a one-size-fits-all Tink night shirt from the disney store and its actually BIG on me! I've never been able to wear OSFA!

FairyDawn on Etsy
Missypyxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:14 AM   #572
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missypyxi
I've hit some road blocks in the past week or so. Sandy kept me indoors with my DS on Monday and Tues. I couldn't have run, anyway. Last Saturday I hurt my dumb calf muscle again. Wednesday I walked 3 miles. Yesterday I gave C25k a shot and did fine, though my leg was hurting toward the end.

Going to do yoga today despite the splint on my pinky from a pumpkin carving incident.

Tomorrow is a running day, but I have a job (I'm a mural painter) so I probably won't have the time to go for a run.

Exciting news is that I bought a one-size-fits-all Tink night shirt from the disney store and its actually BIG on me! I've never been able to wear OSFA!
WooHoo!
Welcome to the world of the "All"
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #573
weaves18
Earning My Ears

You can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missypyxi View Post

Keep it up, don't let an injury stop you, I always try to focus on tightening up my eating if I can't be more active (key word is "try" of course). I tried to friend you on myfitness pal...I think anyway.
weaves18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:39 PM   #574
weaves18
Earning My Ears

Do you all mind if I join in? We have a cruise scheduled for June and I want to use it as motivation to get back in my smaller clothes and be the healthiest I can be!!!
Old 11-03-2012, 06:31 AM   #575
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaves18
Do you all mind if I join in? We have a cruise scheduled for June and I want to use it as motivation to get back in my smaller clothes and be the healthiest I can be!!!
Welcome!!!

So going for a nice little run this morning but its nasty warm here still. For running, anyhow.

Check back later!
Old 11-03-2012, 08:39 AM   #576
syrumani
Earning My Ears

I'm off to do a 5k walk myself.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:54 AM   #577
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrumani
I'm off to do a 5k walk myself.
Yay! Way to go.
So DD has an upset stomach...so we might be stuck at home most of today.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #578
weaves18
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
Welcome!!!

So going for a nice little run this morning but its nasty warm here still. For running, anyhow.

Check back later!
Thanks for the welcome...I WISH it was warm here! I am trying to get a mile a day in no matter what, it's not much but it's a start. I am focusing on eating healthy, when it becomes a habit then I will kick the exercise up a notch.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #579
jcuzzort1026
Mouseketeer

We sailed two weeks ago (just before the storm) and I was stressed about how much I would gain on the trip. I lost 65lbs leading up to the trip but am still 30 short of my ultimate goal. I weighed myself the morning we left and the morning after we got back. I only gained 1/2 a pound!!!!! I didn't count calories on the trip (no Internet) and I did eat appetizers and desserts ( including a big island cookie at Castaway Cay ). I tried to order wisely but I didn't just stick with the "lighter fare" options. Luckily the portions are small . I brought clothes to workout in but never made it to the gym. BUT I did take the stairs 90%of the time. Dh wasn't too happy about that but he was a good sport. By the second day my calves were sore and I'm convinced that was the key to not really gaining! Not to mention we didn't have to waste time waiting on the elevators.
April 2002 - Magic 7 day Eastern (anniversary)
March 25th 2006 - Magic 7 day Western (anniversary and dd's 1st cruise!!!!!)

October 21 2012 - Dream 4 day (ds's 1st cruise!!!!!)

jcuzzort1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:19 PM   #580
carolinamom
Mouseketeer

I have decided on an eating plan to use in the next two months to get me on track for my march cruise. DH just told me we are going to Punta Cana in january (with a big group of friends), which certainly has added to my motivation! I just ordered my first month of Medifast- my mom has had a lot of success on this program and has really inspired me! I am a little leary and a little nervous- last year I lost 25 lbs before our spring cruise using a medical weight-loss center (translation: diet pill / no-eatingprogram) and of course, I gained it all back. At least this program has a very solid transition approach and long track record of long-term success. The cruise is still 5 months away. I have a vision of myself healthy, energetic, comfortable in my skin, and solidly grounded in better habits as I sail away!
carolinamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:14 AM   #581
Missypyxi
Mouseketeer

Just a quick post to say I hit my 10 lb mark today!!!!

FairyDawn on Etsy
Missypyxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:15 AM   #582
PryncessLace
Mouseketeer

That's awesome!!
Old 11-04-2012, 06:20 PM   #583
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaves18 View Post
WELCOME to the group!

Yesterday, I ran 8K race - 56 minutes. I am a pretty consistent 7 minute KM/hr. Today, I hit the gym and I am exhausted. Having problems with the food. I need to record everything going into my mouth.
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race, Sept 2014 WBTA Magic,February 2015 Magic Western,September 2015 Wonder - Hawaii
Relaxin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #584
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

I regularly donate blood but today they just couldn't get me to bleed right. Long story short after almost an hour they called it and I felt cruddy and lightheaded, so I way overate this afternoon.

Back at it as of now!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #585
Wenawen
Earning My Ears

I am on the Fantasy in Aug. I started my "figure enhancement program" in June and have lost 26 pounds by just dieting. The reason I am doing this is so I will not be "that woman" in the bathing suit that everyone talks about. I have not worn a bathing suit in YEARS!
Wenawen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: