Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #556
Missypyxi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinamom View Post
Anybody have any particular program that have been successful for them? What about Calorie guidelines? Obviously, there are some wonderful success stories among this group!
5 weeks and 6 days until Disney
5 1/2 months until Fantasy Cruise
Ultimate goal 25ish lbs in 5 1/2 months!
I have been using My Fitness Pal app on iPhone to track my calories. It figures out for you how many calories you should eat per day, taking into account your height, weight, goals, and activity level.

It's a meticulous process, I've even taken to weighing my food to see how much I'm actually eating. But it's kind of fun to keep track, like a challenge every day to stay under your calorie budget. If you decide to do it, we can be friends! I'm Missypyxi on there, too.

10 lbs in 5 weeks is definitely doable!

FairyDawn on Etsy
Missypyxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #557
Missypyxi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
I agree with this. DH and I are down 30 pounds each just from straight ole calorie counting and a lot of walking.

I am really loving this FitBit pedometer we got. And we use their ap and just log the calories we eat. On their program, we can see the calories we eat verses burn so it's pretty straight forward.

I do try and pick items with lower fat but I really don't stress about it. We still stop by McDonalds when we want to. We just find ourselves eating less or moving more to make up for what we ate.
That's what's so great about counting calories. You don't have to deprive yourself. I have had chocolate ice cream. I just get a kids size and make sure it's in my calorie budget! Everything in moderation, dieting does not have to make you miserable!

My old favorite used to be the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Parfait at Baskin Robbins. 'Til I found out it's something crazy like 1500 calories!

FairyDawn on Etsy
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2012, 08:44 PM   #558
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missypyxi View Post
That's what's so great about counting calories. You don't have to deprive yourself. I have had chocolate ice cream. I just get a kids size and make sure it's in my calorie budget! Everything in moderation, dieting does not have to make you miserable!

My old favorite used to be the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Parfait at Baskin Robbins. 'Til I found out it's something crazy like 1500 calories!
I totally agree. I just got back from DTD tonight and totally snuck in a Ghiardelli square chocolate sample at 60 calories
Old 10-21-2012, 09:59 PM   #559
syrumani
Earning My Ears

I haven't booked yet, but I'm counting on you all to help me . . . I am planning this week to book our very first family vacation, sailing on the Magic out of Galveston on May 4, 2013.

I am about 50lb overweight . . . and would like to lose at least 30 by cruise time . . .

I checked into the fitbit pedometer mentioned a few posts ago, but that was just outside my budget. I did just purchase online the Yamax SW701
Multi-Function Digi-Walker Pedometer - it is supposed to be able to track walking AND jogging/running steps (the reviews were very positive).

Anyway, there is a fitness center where I work, and I can squeeze in a 20-30 minute workout before work starts. So, I plan on doing the treadmill, elliptical, and rowing machine - but mostly treadmill.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Nichole
Old 10-22-2012, 04:47 AM   #560
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrumani
I haven't booked yet, but I'm counting on you all to help me . . . I am planning this week to book our very first family vacation, sailing on the Magic out of Galveston on May 4, 2013.

I am about 50lb overweight . . . and would like to lose at least 30 by cruise time . . .

I checked into the fitbit pedometer mentioned a few posts ago, but that was just outside my budget. I did just purchase online the Yamax SW701
Multi-Function Digi-Walker Pedometer - it is supposed to be able to track walking AND jogging/running steps (the reviews were very positive).

Anyway, there is a fitness center where I work, and I can squeeze in a 20-30 minute workout before work starts. So, I plan on doing the treadmill, elliptical, and rowing machine - but mostly treadmill.

Nichole
We were booked on the May 5 and moved to the April 26 when they added port Canaveral and Castaway Cay on the itinerary
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:50 AM   #561
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Out for my morning run!

How'd y'all do over the weekend?
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Old 10-22-2012, 03:17 PM   #562
Missypyxi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrumani View Post

Nichole
If you have an iPhone, there's a pedometer app. You can search for it in the App Store. 30 lbs by may is doable! You can do it!

FairyDawn on Etsy
Old 10-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #563
Missypyxi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
Out for my morning run!

How'd y'all do over the weekend?
Did 3 miles of running on Saturday and no exercise yesterday, but I was we'll under my calorie goal. Today I did 2 miles of walking and 30 mins of cardio yoga! Total weight loss 8 lbs now!

FairyDawn on Etsy
Old 10-22-2012, 03:41 PM   #564
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missypyxi

Did 3 miles of running on Saturday and no exercise yesterday, but I was we'll under my calorie goal. Today I did 2 miles of walking and 30 mins of cardio yoga! Total weight loss 8 lbs now!
Yay! Go you.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Old 10-22-2012, 06:05 PM   #565
syrumani
Earning My Ears

Quote:
If you have an iPhone, there's a pedometer app. You can search for it in the App Store. 30 lbs by may is doable! You can do it!
I don't have an iphone, but I will check the apps available . . . didn't even think of that, thanks!

At work today there was a lady in the cafeteria selling healthy cookbooks . . . she's a dietician here in town . . . it was a book full of "quick and easy" healthy recipies for the busy family. I thought it was worth the $$, and she even signed it for me! Spent the afternoon marking recipies, so I will make a list and go shopping on Saturday for the ingredients . . .
Old 10-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #566
Missypyxi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrumani View Post
I don't have an iphone, but I will check the apps available . . . didn't even think of that, thanks!

At work today there was a lady in the cafeteria selling healthy cookbooks . . . she's a dietician here in town . . . it was a book full of "quick and easy" healthy recipies for the busy family. I thought it was worth the $$, and she even signed it for me! Spent the afternoon marking recipies, so I will make a list and go shopping on Saturday for the ingredients . . .
Oh! Any good recipes in there that you'd like to share? We're big chicken eaters in my house. Though lately I'm trying really hard to be vegetarian..

FairyDawn on Etsy
Old 10-25-2012, 07:36 PM   #567
syrumani
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Oh! Any good recipes in there that you'd like to share? We're big chicken eaters in my house. Though lately I'm trying really hard to be vegetarian..
I marked 6 chicken recipies, and 3 vegetarian ones. If you guys want, I will post a few of them over the weekend.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:08 PM   #568
PryncessLace
Mouseketeer

Down 2 more pounds! I'm 6 lbs away from ultimate goal weight!!
PryncessLace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:02 PM   #569
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Two great days so far this week!

Now to keep it up through vacation....
18 days til Magic!
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Old 11-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #570
syrumani
Earning My Ears

I figured, instead of just printing up the different recipies all at once, I would post them as I make them, and give a little "review" of it at the same time.

Tonite I made Chicken Divan.

I liked it . . . it was a bit too "mayonnaiseeee" for me, but I am not a fan of mayonaise. However, I did not buy the light mayonnaise - I used the olive oil mayo I already had (gonna use what I have on hand first, before I buy new of something). Next time I will use the light mayo and see how that tastes.

The kids thought it was ok . . . but I think that was because it didn't have catsup, and it had brocolli.

By the time the kids had their share, and hubby and I each had 2 helpings, there are about 3 servings left for lunches.

Chicken Divan
Ingredients
2 (10 oz) packages frozen broccoli spears
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and sliced
2 (10.75oz) cans Campbell's Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup
1 cup light mayonnaise
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese shreds
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon butter, melted

Directions
1. Cook brocolli in boiling water (I steamed) until tender; drain. Arrange spears in greased 9 x 13 inch glass dish.
2. Place chicken on top of brocolli.
3. Combine soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice and curry powder; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese.
4. Combine breadcrumbs and butter. Sprinkle over all.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
Makes 8 servings

Nutrition Information
330 calories, 16 grams fat, 75mg cholesterol, 510 mg sodium, 23 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams fiber, 25 grams protein

Exchanges: 1.5 carbohydrate, 3.5 protein, 3 fat

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: