Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2012, 05:06 PM   #541
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxin'
Ran my first 10K race today. Did it in 75 minutes. I was striving for 70 minutes, but there were a couple of hills in the last 5K that got to my hips. I feel great! My dream of running a Disney half or full marathon is starting to become reality. I think I will adjust my work outs and training in 2013 to meet this goal. I should have attained a healthier weight which will help me make it.
Yay!
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #542
Missypyxi
Mouseketeer

Wow, Relaxin, I'm impressed and inspired! Great job! I am thinking I might run the Castaway 5k in feb. Did a 2 mile walk/run today in 29 mins despite my sprained calf. I know I probably shouldn't have, but I wanted to run so badly!

FairyDawn on Etsy
Missypyxi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 07:10 AM   #543
dthogue
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxin' View Post
Ran my first 10K race today. Did it in 75 minutes. I was striving for 70 minutes, but there were a couple of hills in the last 5K that got to my hips. I feel great! My dream of running a Disney half or full marathon is starting to become reality. I think I will adjust my work outs and training in 2013 to meet this goal. I should have attained a healthier weight which will help me make it.
Great job - 75 minutes is awesome. I started the Couch to 5K on Saturday - did day 2 this morning. I would love to run the Princess 1/2 marathon too - not this year, but maybe 2014.

Tammy

dthogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:14 AM   #544
dthogue
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

Camel Adventure 2012

Well since I needed to lose weight so I can participate on 2 excursions on our upcoming Panama Canal cruise, I decided to name my journey the "2012 Camel Adventure"

I am happy to report that I lost 5.8 pounds since starting this journey on 10/1. My goal is to lose a total of 20 pounds by the time we leave for our cruise on 12/8.

I have pictures of Camels around my house and office and when I'm tempted to stray, I think of the camel and how much I really want to be able to ride one!

I also started a paper clip chain - one paper clip for each pound that I lose (all the same color, with a different color for each 5 pounds). It is a great visual reminder.

Tammy

dthogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:18 PM   #545
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

Ugh, can't sleep. Muscles are sore from today's work out, and hungry, and it is midnight.
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race,
Relaxin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:00 AM   #546
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ugh, can't sleep. Muscles are sore from today's work out, and hungry, and it is midnight.
I find I make the worst food choices if I don't eat enough protein early in the day. Water is my drink of choice and a couple sips usually helps me settle back to sleep. Unless I've been overtraining, then sleep is elusive.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #547
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

I eat 2 egg whites and almond butter for breakfast. Generally, this helps. It may be partly age.
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race,
Old 10-18-2012, 09:57 AM   #548
Missypyxi
Mouseketeer

I ran a 5k this morning in 38 minutes! My average pace was 12:50. When I started last month I thought 2 miles was too long, and my mile was 16:00.

At this point I don't even care that the weight isn't coming off. I'm so excited about getting fit. I've never enjoyed exercise in all of my 36 years. This is an amazing feeling!

FairyDawn on Etsy
Old 10-18-2012, 10:49 AM   #549
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missypyxi
I ran a 5k this morning in 38 minutes! My average pace was 12:50. When I started last month I thought 2 miles was too long, and my mile was 16:00.

At this point I don't even care that the weight isn't coming off. I'm so excited about getting fit. I've never enjoyed exercise in all of my 36 years. This is an amazing feeling!
Yay!
I did my Pump and Flow classes this morning.
I'm wondering how much I'll get off in the next month...
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!
Old 10-19-2012, 05:19 AM   #550
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missypyxi View Post

Excellent Pace change in only 1 month. Doesn't it feel good exercising. Last night, I was at my nutrition class at the gym, and I was sharing my story on how in January there was no way I would go zip lining on my March cruise. Now I may not go, but I know I can do it.

I am not sure if I shared, but I injured my shoulder while at curling on Tuesday. My lower body is going to get a lot of work out over the next week, my trainer wants me to rest the arm as much as I can.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:35 AM   #551
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Excellent Pace change in only 1 month. Doesn't it feel good exercising. Last night, I was at my nutrition class at the gym, and I was sharing my story on how in January there was no way I would go zip lining on my March cruise. Now I may not go, but I know I can do it.

I am not sure if I shared, but I injured my shoulder while at curling on Tuesday. My lower body is going to get a lot of work out over the next week, my trainer wants me to rest the arm as much as I can.
Ouch. I dealt with whiplash and pulled neck shoulder in September (car wreck). Be careful!

I had a nice run this morning. Both kids are off today...so we'll see how eating goes.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!
Old 10-20-2012, 07:47 AM   #552
Missypyxi
Mouseketeer

Oh no, Relaxin! I hope your shoulder feels better soon. I bet it will.

I have been disappointed in my weight loss so far, but then this morning I stepped on the scale and was 1lb down again. I looked at the calendar and realized it has been 3 weeks since I started tracking, and I am down 6lbs, which is exactly what my goal is, 2lbs/wk.

If I keep going at this rate, then in 16 weeks when I step on the plane to WDW I'll be 30lbs lighter. Thanksgiving and Christmas will be challenging, as will exercising when the weather gets colder, but I know I can do it!

FairyDawn on Etsy
Old 10-20-2012, 01:13 PM   #553
carolinamom
Mouseketeer

Everyone has posted such GREAT reults on this board! i am so impressed by the posters who are so dilligent and consistent in their efforts! Despite injuries and illnesses. It is very inspiring.
I am so ready to get back on track as I approach "goal #2"- to be down about 10 lbs by our december trip. I am really good about sticking to a diet, but I'm pretty terrible about gettingone STARTED! LOL! I am trying to picka good eating plan. I'm a fan of south beach and the Zone. I like healthy eating in general. Anybody have any particular program that have been successful for them? What about Calorie guidelines? Obviously, there are some wonderful success stories among this group!
5 weeks and 6 days until Disney
5 1/2 months until Fantasy Cruise
Ultimate goal 25ish lbs in 5 1/2 months!
carolinamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #554
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinamom
Everyone has posted such GREAT reults on this board! i am so impressed by the posters who are so dilligent and consistent in their efforts! Despite injuries and illnesses. It is very inspiring.
I am so ready to get back on track as I approach "goal #2"- to be down about 10 lbs by our december trip. I am really good about sticking to a diet, but I'm pretty terrible about gettingone STARTED! LOL! I am trying to picka good eating plan. I'm a fan of south beach and the Zone. I like healthy eating in general. Anybody have any particular program that have been successful for them? What about Calorie guidelines? Obviously, there are some wonderful success stories among this group!
5 weeks and 6 days until Disney
5 1/2 months until Fantasy Cruise
Ultimate goal 25ish lbs in 5 1/2 months!
I'm vegan. But mostly it's straight calorie counting that's successful.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!
Old 10-20-2012, 03:08 PM   #555
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
But mostly it's straight calorie counting that's successful.
I agree with this. DH and I are down 30 pounds each just from straight ole calorie counting and a lot of walking.

I am really loving this FitBit pedometer we got. And we use their ap and just log the calories we eat. On their program, we can see the calories we eat verses burn so it's pretty straight forward.

I do try and pick items with lower fat but I really don't stress about it. We still stop by McDonalds when we want to. We just find ourselves eating less or moving more to make up for what we ate.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: