Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #526
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missypyxi
Rode my bike for 5 miles, then did a little yoga in the park. So tired now!
Yay! I'm super duper tired too. Chewing a ton of gum because that helps keep away my stress eating. The only problem is the fake sugar in gum does a number on my skin. Anyone have other gum recommendations?
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:48 PM   #527
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

Made it back to the gym today after being off a week due to a cold. Feeling great, but the sniffles and cough came back.
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race, Sept 2014 WBTA Magic,February 2015 Magic Western,September 2015 Wonder - Hawaii
Relaxin' is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 08:35 PM   #528
Missypyxi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
Yay! I'm super duper tired too. Chewing a ton of gum because that helps keep away my stress eating. The only problem is the fake sugar in gum does a number on my skin. Anyone have other gum recommendations?
Do you have a trade joes or a whole foods nearby? Both have all-natural gum. It isn't calorie-free, but it doesn't have icky artificial sweeteners, either.

FairyDawn on Etsy
Missypyxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:48 AM   #529
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Do you have a trade joes or a whole foods nearby? Both have all-natural gum. It isn't calorie-free, but it doesn't have icky artificial sweeteners, either.
We just got one over the summer. I'll have to check it out!
Old 10-12-2012, 07:53 AM   #530
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Can I join in? DH and I have been working on losing weight too. Our cruise isn't for a year so I have plenty of time. Truthfully, we are doing it for health reasons. But I'd like to look great for the cruise.

We are just counting calories and keeping it pretty simple. We invested in a couple of those FitBit pedometers and I REALLY like it! I was worried it would be a waste but it's pretty awesome.

On the weekends we spend Fri, Sat, and Sun at the parks and just walk our butts off. The biggest downfall is trying to find something healthy since there are no calorie listings.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:05 AM   #531
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec
Can I join in? DH and I have been working on losing weight too. Our cruise isn't for a year so I have plenty of time. Truthfully, we are doing it for health reasons. But I'd like to look great for the cruise.

We are just counting calories and keeping it pretty simple. We invested in a couple of those FitBit pedometers and I REALLY like it! I was worried it would be a waste but it's pretty awesome.

On the weekends we spend Fri, Sat, and Sun at the parks and just walk our butts off. The biggest downfall is trying to find something healthy since there are no calorie listings.
No calorie listings where?

And welcome!
Old 10-12-2012, 09:06 AM   #532
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

I'm down another pound! Slowly but surely.

And five weeks to the cruise!
Old 10-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #533
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
No calorie listings where?

And welcome!
At any of the theme parks. Friday and Sunday we don't eat there since we only spend about half a day. Saturdays we spend all day at one of the parks because we get a good 8 miles of walking done. We usually try to snack on something light because we don't want to leave and come back. Fruit is easy but if we have a turkey sandwich or something, who knows how many calories it is there, lol.

I wish you could get nutrional info for theme parks. But then again, probably not many go there for the exercise. So we have to guess at it. So far it's been working well.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #534
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:

At any of the theme parks. Friday and Sunday we don't eat there since we only spend about half a day. Saturdays we spend all day at one of the parks because we get a good 8 miles of walking done. We usually try to snack on something light because we don't want to leave and come back. Fruit is easy but if we have a turkey sandwich or something, who knows how many calories it is there, lol.

I wish you could get nutrional info for theme parks. But then again, probably not many go there for the exercise. So we have to guess at it. So far it's been working well.
Hmmm. Well so long as its working for you!
The main problem I had eating on my first cruise was there with sodium in everything and I wasn't drinking enough water so I felt icky after a day or so. I imagine its the same way with the parks. Even if you're trying to pick good.
It's so neat y'all can walk in the parks, though!
Old 10-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #535
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Yep. I had to change my weigh in day to mid week because we always gain a bit after the weekend. I think it's due to all the walking in the sun and not enough water. Though we try to drink as much as possible. I can walk some serious miles now when I used to not be able to lol.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:55 AM   #536
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yep. I had to change my weigh in day to mid week because we always gain a bit after the weekend. I think it's due to all the walking in the sun and not enough water. Though we try to drink as much as possible. I can walk some serious miles now when I used to not be able to lol.
Out for a jog! I've noticed I only lose over days I work out a lot if I drink a ton of water.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #537
Missypyxi
Mouseketeer

I actually stopped weighing myself and now I just take measurements. The weight is not coming off and it really frustrates me, but my waist and hips are getting smaller inch by inch! So, I'll stick to exercise, drinking lots of water, and my low cal diet.

Speaking of which, is anyone using the My Fitness Pal app for calorie and exercise tracking? I could use a friend or two more on there

FairyDawn on Etsy
Missypyxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #538
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I actually stopped weighing myself and now I just take measurements. The weight is not coming off and it really frustrates me, but my waist and hips are getting smaller inch by inch! So, I'll stick to exercise, drinking lots of water, and my low cal diet.

Speaking of which, is anyone using the My Fitness Pal app for calorie and exercise tracking? I could use a friend or two more on there
I use "Lose It!"
Old 10-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #539
PryncessLace
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I do! I haven't been on much lately, but I'm trying to get back to using it on a regular basis. LaceyNicole444 is my username :-)
Old 10-14-2012, 04:58 PM   #540
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

Ran my first 10K race today. Did it in 75 minutes. I was striving for 70 minutes, but there were a couple of hills in the last 5K that got to my hips. I feel great! My dream of running a Disney half or full marathon is starting to become reality. I think I will adjust my work outs and training in 2013 to meet this goal. I should have attained a healthier weight which will help me make it.
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race, Sept 2014 WBTA Magic,February 2015 Magic Western,September 2015 Wonder - Hawaii
Relaxin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: