Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #496
Missypyxi
Mouseketeer
 
Missypyxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 234

Thanks, relaxin! I have never been on a cruise before, so I'm incredibly excited! Excited about getting healthy, too. I have always been overweight, since I was about 10 years old, so I'm hoping this will be just the push I need to get out of the sedentary mentality.
Missypyxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:39 PM   #497
carolinamom
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 91

Checking in- 3 days until goal hurdle #1. I had the goal of losing 7 lbs by 10/4- my trip to food and wine festival. (ultimate goal is for march 30 cruise). So far, I have been diligent about exercise- boot camp 3-5 days a week plus running once or twice a week or gym once or twice, but not huge progress with eating. My change-which is nominal-reflects my nominal change in eating! I had dropped 5 of 7 lbs, then the lively "hormone hell week" made its monthly appearance. Back up a few pounds, which typically goes away quickly. However with the food and wine festival, I'll just be happy not to GAIN any weight, much less lose.
All-in-all, I'm not as concerned about the scale since I have plenty of time before the cruise. I am very happy to spend time with my family (and in the knowledge that I would beat any one of them in a race around seven seas lagoon! Lol!!)
carolinamom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #498
Missypyxi
Mouseketeer
 
Missypyxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 234

You can do it, carolinamom!

I hit a speed bump. Sprained a calf muscle running yesterday, I'm SO angry. But I'm going to focus on biking, walking, and yoga and hopefully be back to running in a few weeks.

I had that monthly visit and gained back all of my initial weight loss. Nw I'm back where I started and hoping when I weigh myself tomorrow it'll be even less. Frustrating! Hoping to be down 10 lbs by Halloween. That would be super!
Missypyxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:55 AM   #499
Missypyxi
Mouseketeer
 
Missypyxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 234

*desperately tries to resuscitate the thread*

The scale went down one pound this morning!! Woo!! Anyone out there?
__________________
Travel Crew: Me , DH , (in our 30s), DS (6) , and dear MIL
May 2011 - One amazing week at GF, MK, AK, HS, Epcot, Sea World
February 2011 - Land & Sea Polynesian, MK, HS, Epcot, Dream 3 night Valentine's Day

FairyDawn on Etsy
Missypyxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #500
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran
 
cruisecrasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,864

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missypyxi
*desperately tries to resuscitate the thread*

The scale went down one pound this morning!! Woo!! Anyone out there?
A pound! Hurrah!
__________________
Lorelei (Lori); DH, Ben/KetchAggie; DS7, Chris (gluten); DD5, Kylee(dairy)
My Trip Reports can be found on my blog:
Adventures in the Great Wide Somewhere (My Blog on all things DCL, Food Allergy and Pixie Dust Related)
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:26 AM   #501
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran
 
cruisecrasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,864

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missypyxi
You can do it, carolinamom!

I hit a speed bump. Sprained a calf muscle running yesterday, I'm SO angry. But I'm going to focus on biking, walking, and yoga and hopefully be back to running in a few weeks.

I had that monthly visit and gained back all of my initial weight loss. Nw I'm back where I started and hoping when I weigh myself tomorrow it'll be even less. Frustrating! Hoping to be down 10 lbs by Halloween. That would be super!
10 pounds in a month is a ton! But best wishes.
__________________
Lorelei (Lori); DH, Ben/KetchAggie; DS7, Chris (gluten); DD5, Kylee(dairy)
My Trip Reports can be found on my blog:
Adventures in the Great Wide Somewhere (My Blog on all things DCL, Food Allergy and Pixie Dust Related)
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:26 AM   #502
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer
 
Relaxin''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 470

This is a red flag weekend. It is the Canadian Thanksgiving, and the town that I am from has the 2nd largest Oktoberfest in the world from Oct. 5 - 14. I had planned Thanksgiving dinner with a couple of adjustments, and I thought, great, I can do this ... then my son said that his best friend, and his friend from Mexico were coming home for the weekend and would be having dinner with us. The young man from Mexico had never celebrated Thanksgiving. Well, the cancelled Apple crisp which is my favourite came back on the menu. So for 9 people, I have a 8kg turkey (over 16 lbs.), lots of home made stuffing (red flag food), 4 pumpkin pies with whip cream, an 8x12 apple crisp, sweet potatoes(yam) casserole with brown sugar, whipped potatoes, and a nice healthy salad. The good news is that the 2 of the 4 boys will be taking food back to university with them. It is just today, I have to make the right choices. As for the rest of the week and Oktoberfest, I did not buy any tickets for any of the beer drinking events, and I will be running a 10K race next Sunday. My goal is to lose 2 lbs. by Oct. 9 and another 2 lbs. by Oct. 16. Let's see how I do.
__________________
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race, Sept 2014 WBTA Magic,February 2015 Princess Half Marathon - Magic Western,September 2015 Wonder - Hawaii
Relaxin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #503
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran
 
cruisecrasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,864

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxin'
This is a red flag weekend. It is the Canadian Thanksgiving, and the town that I am from has the 2nd largest Oktoberfest in the world from Oct. 5 - 14. I had planned Thanksgiving dinner with a couple of adjustments, and I thought, great, I can do this ... then my son said that his best friend, and his friend from Mexico were coming home for the weekend and would be having dinner with us. The young man from Mexico had never celebrated Thanksgiving. Well, the cancelled Apple crisp which is my favourite came back on the menu. So for 9 people, I have a 8kg turkey (over 16 lbs.), lots of home made stuffing (red flag food), 4 pumpkin pies with whip cream, an 8x12 apple crisp, sweet potatoes(yam) casserole with brown sugar, whipped potatoes, and a nice healthy salad. The good news is that the 2 of the 4 boys will be taking food back to university with them. It is just today, I have to make the right choices. As for the rest of the week and Oktoberfest, I did not buy any tickets for any of the beer drinking events, and I will be running a 10K race next Sunday. My goal is to lose 2 lbs. by Oct. 9 and another 2 lbs. by Oct. 16. Let's see how I do.
Praying for you!
We went to the Texas Renaissance Festival for Octoberfest and opening day yesterday. Despite DH's funnel cake-ing, I think I did pretty well. And given that I carried my almost 4 year old from the back to the very front of the park at nap time (she was far too tired to walk) I'm putting it down as a good day.
__________________
Lorelei (Lori); DH, Ben/KetchAggie; DS7, Chris (gluten); DD5, Kylee(dairy)
My Trip Reports can be found on my blog:
Adventures in the Great Wide Somewhere (My Blog on all things DCL, Food Allergy and Pixie Dust Related)
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:38 AM   #504
Missypyxi
Mouseketeer
 
Missypyxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 234

Don't deprive yourself! Look up the recommended serving size, and just eat that amount. Work it into your daily calories. Then go and exercise afterwards. Yesterday I knew I was going to have pizza for dinner. I took a bike ride, mostly uphill, 2 miles. I had 2 slices of pizza for dinner and a child sized ice cream cone and still had 300 calories left at the end of the day.

Everything in moderation! You can do it!
__________________
Travel Crew: Me , DH , (in our 30s), DS (6) , and dear MIL
May 2011 - One amazing week at GF, MK, AK, HS, Epcot, Sea World
February 2011 - Land & Sea Polynesian, MK, HS, Epcot, Dream 3 night Valentine's Day

FairyDawn on Etsy
Missypyxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #505
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer
 
Relaxin''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 470

Exercise was in the plan. Saturday I was going to run for an hour followed by an hour aquafit class followed by an hour of water yoga. Well, I came down with a sore throat on Friday, and thought I should not do all that exercise. Instead, I stayed home and cleaned, and rested. I was in bed by 8:00 last night, and then up at 1:30 for a couple of hours, and slept in until 9. Needless to say, I have been making desserts, and stuffing the bird all morning long. I hope there is enough energy once all the dishes are cleaned after dinner to take the dog for a walk. I agree portion size will be the big thing today. Fingers crossed that tomorrow, I will be back at the gym.

I hate being stuffed up.
__________________
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race, Sept 2014 WBTA Magic,February 2015 Princess Half Marathon - Magic Western,September 2015 Wonder - Hawaii
Relaxin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:23 AM   #506
Missypyxi
Mouseketeer
 
Missypyxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 234

The best laid plans...

I'm jealous of your early thanksgiving. It's my favorite holiday for sure! Being sick and exercising are not fun partners, and that was a ton of exercise planned! Have so much fun today! Hoping you do well!
__________________
Travel Crew: Me , DH , (in our 30s), DS (6) , and dear MIL
May 2011 - One amazing week at GF, MK, AK, HS, Epcot, Sea World
February 2011 - Land & Sea Polynesian, MK, HS, Epcot, Dream 3 night Valentine's Day

FairyDawn on Etsy
Missypyxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:46 PM   #507
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran
 
cruisecrasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,864

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxin'
Exercise was in the plan. Saturday I was going to run for an hour followed by an hour aquafit class followed by an hour of water yoga. Well, I came down with a sore throat on Friday, and thought I should not do all that exercise. Instead, I stayed home and cleaned, and rested. I was in bed by 8:00 last night, and then up at 1:30 for a couple of hours, and slept in until 9. Needless to say, I have been making desserts, and stuffing the bird all morning long. I hope there is enough energy once all the dishes are cleaned after dinner to take the dog for a walk. I agree portion size will be the big thing today. Fingers crossed that tomorrow, I will be back at the gym.

I hate being stuffed up.
There's the above/below guideline.
Above the throat (stuffy, sneezy, headache) take meds and you're clear to work out
Below the throat (chest congestion, stomach or tummy troubles, body fever) and rest instead.
__________________
Lorelei (Lori); DH, Ben/KetchAggie; DS7, Chris (gluten); DD5, Kylee(dairy)
My Trip Reports can be found on my blog:
Adventures in the Great Wide Somewhere (My Blog on all things DCL, Food Allergy and Pixie Dust Related)
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #508
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran
 
cruisecrasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,864

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missypyxi
The best laid plans...

I'm jealous of your early thanksgiving. It's my favorite holiday for sure! Being sick and exercising are not fun partners, and that was a ton of exercise planned! Have so much fun today! Hoping you do well!
I think this is the regular time for Thanksgiving in Canada.
My cruise is over (American) Thanksgiving, so that's all red flags.
__________________
Lorelei (Lori); DH, Ben/KetchAggie; DS7, Chris (gluten); DD5, Kylee(dairy)
My Trip Reports can be found on my blog:
Adventures in the Great Wide Somewhere (My Blog on all things DCL, Food Allergy and Pixie Dust Related)
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #509
Missypyxi
Mouseketeer
 
Missypyxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 234

Yep! I meant early for me as an American.

I ended up having a red flag day myself. Rainy and cold so we went to the Irish pub and I got cottage pie (mashed potatoes over chicken stew) and lemoncello cake. :/

No exercise for me today, either. Back to it tomorrow!
__________________
Travel Crew: Me , DH , (in our 30s), DS (6) , and dear MIL
May 2011 - One amazing week at GF, MK, AK, HS, Epcot, Sea World
February 2011 - Land & Sea Polynesian, MK, HS, Epcot, Dream 3 night Valentine's Day

FairyDawn on Etsy
Missypyxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #510
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer
 
Relaxin''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 470

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
There's the above/below guideline.
Above the throat (stuffy, sneezy, headache) take meds and you're clear to work out
Below the throat (chest congestion, stomach or tummy troubles, body fever) and rest instead.
Never heard that before - I guess I am cleared to work out. It is all in my nose. Not sure how I will breath. But I will try it out.
__________________
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race, Sept 2014 WBTA Magic,February 2015 Princess Half Marathon - Magic Western,September 2015 Wonder - Hawaii
Relaxin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How long does it take to lose 50-60 lbs.?? NY Disney fan W.I.S.H 20 03-19-2014 10:24 AM
If I Cancel My Room Ressie, Do I Lose Dining too?! bellebookworm9 Disney Dining Reservations 10 02-23-2010 01:32 PM
Losing 30 before I lose my 30s (comments welcome) mom0299 WISH Journals 26 01-23-2010 08:38 AM
My Weight Loss Effort (join in if you're trying to lose for the holidays) brymolmom Disney for Families 124 12-06-2009 10:09 PM
Will I lose 4/3 discount if I change 1 day of my reservation verge1116 Disney Discount Codes and Rates 1 12-04-2009 05:53 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: