Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2012, 11:05 PM   #466
trish.
Mouseketeer
 
trish.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington
Posts: 203

(Started this process at 175 lbs.)

August 1st -
Weight: 152 lbs
Body Fat: 42 lbs
LBM: 110 Lbs
Body Fat percentage: 27%

August 31st -
Weight: 144 lbs
Body Fat: 31 lbs
LBM: 113 lbs (gained 3 lbs of muscle)
Body Fat percentage: 21%

Feeling good about my progress for the month.

I am back to work tomorrow after the summer off, so I am back to 5am workouts.

I have more body fat to lose, but I think I am on my way to meeting some goals.
__________________
DL - April 1994, February 2010, April 2011
WDW - August 2000 CBR, April 2008 CBR Grand Gathering, Christmas 2012 OKW
DCL - Fantasy December 2012
trish. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #467
PinkPug
Earning My Ears
 
PinkPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: jackson, tn
Posts: 33

this moring I weigh 237.
PinkPug is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #468
PryncessLace
Mouseketeer
 
PryncessLace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 251

Quote:
Originally Posted by trish. View Post
(Started this process at 175 lbs.)

August 1st -
Weight: 152 lbs
Body Fat: 42 lbs
LBM: 110 Lbs
Body Fat percentage: 27%

August 31st -
Weight: 144 lbs
Body Fat: 31 lbs
LBM: 113 lbs (gained 3 lbs of muscle)
Body Fat percentage: 21%

Feeling good about my progress for the month.

I am back to work tomorrow after the summer off, so I am back to 5am workouts.

I have more body fat to lose, but I think I am on my way to meeting some goals.
Wow, that is awesome progress!!
PryncessLace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:02 AM   #469
DisneyFamily123
Use the Force, Luke!
 
DisneyFamily123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2beMrs.
My dh lost 50lbs in 4 months with take shape for life. It worked so well for him that I joined the program and became a certified health coach, like a cheerleader and advisor, to help him reach his goal.
My dh inspired me to get healthier and I lost 8lbs in 2 weeks..which doesn't seem like a lot but to me it was a lot!

Good luck everyone! And I'm so glad to everyone working towards their goal!!!
I'm a Take Shape For Life coach too! I'm amazed by all the wonderful stories of quick weight loss AND people making life changes through TSFL's Habits of Health part of the program. The key to weight loss for me is changing what I eat and making life changes. I lost over 50 pounds.

I eat more frequently and when I'm hungry.... not to deal with stress, or to stay awake, etc. I eat healthier portions, real meat (free range, drug free, not processed), fresh vegetables, etc.

While I'm happy with my weight now, it's the getting healthy part that's important to keep it off. With a busy schedule, taking time out for exercise I enjoy is critical. It does take some time away from family but I remember that living a longer and healthier life will create more time and better quality time with family.
__________________
Our Disney Vacations:
May 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside (Star Wars Weekend!), Also Dec. 2011 - Pop Century, Sept. 2011- Caribbean Beach Resort, Dec. 2010 - All Star Movies, Oct. 2009 - Polynesian, Nov. 2008 - All Star Sports
DisneyFamily123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:04 AM   #470
trish.
Mouseketeer
 
trish.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington
Posts: 203

Quote:
Originally Posted by PryncessLace View Post
Wow, that is awesome progress!!
Thank you!

I worked super hard last month. I was working out with a personal trainer 3x a week. And working out on my own the other days and then I took an additional cardio class (like zumba, kickfit, etc) at least 2x a week in addition to the strength and cardio I already did. I was also detoxing (no dairy, no gluten, everything raw, everything organic, no processed foods).

I went a little wild this holiday weekend. But I am back on track and ready to lose more weight before my December cruise!
__________________
DL - April 1994, February 2010, April 2011
WDW - August 2000 CBR, April 2008 CBR Grand Gathering, Christmas 2012 OKW
DCL - Fantasy December 2012
trish. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:29 AM   #471
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer
 
Relaxin''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 466

Weight loss/gain and emotions

I am posting this personal story in hopes to help others get through an emotional period in a healthier way.

It is amazing how emotions can impact eating. Yesterday, was a very emotional day. A coworkers 22 year old son was rushed to the hospital in the morning, and the news was not good. I worked through the morning waiting for news. It came to lunch time. My lunch was packed, but I just felt that I needed something warm, and I had to get out of the office. I was headed out of the office and down the street for french fries with gravy. Before leaving, I stopped to update another coworker on the events of the morning. She was as devastated as myself, and decided to join me on my "walk". I did not tell her the walk was to the fast food store. We walked out of the building and turned right not left, and walked through a beautiful treed area, came back more relaxed, and without the fries. I was suppose to go to yoga at 5:30 with my DH for my first time (always felt that I was too big and clumsy for those classes). I received the news shortly after 4:00 that my coworkers son did not make it. Again, the emotions elevated, and I felt that I needed to slow down and decided not to rush out of work and go to yoga. How was I going to tell the rest of the team, what words do I use. How do you tell 60 people. Email is so impersonal. I pulled it together .... slowly and finally left the office at 6:00 - missing my yoga class. I really could have easily gone straight home because I had a business call at 8:00 and I did need to get in some supper, instead, I thought about my trainer saying, even 20 minutes helps. So I went to the gym, got on the treadmill for 30 minutes, prayed and thought a lot about my coworker and the importance of making a difference for myself and others every single day.

Today, I did not let my emotions get in the way. I have a new life, and french fries and missing my exercise are not going to help these emotions, it probably would have done the opposite.
__________________
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race,
Relaxin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:34 AM   #472
PinkPug
Earning My Ears
 
PinkPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: jackson, tn
Posts: 33

I'm down to 236lbs.
PinkPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:02 AM   #473
MrsKP
Mouseketeer
 
MrsKP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lexington SC
Posts: 281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxin' View Post
I am posting this personal story in hopes to help others get through an emotional period in a healthier way.

It is amazing how emotions can impact eating. Yesterday, was a very emotional day. A coworkers 22 year old son was rushed to the hospital in the morning, and the news was not good. I worked through the morning waiting for news. It came to lunch time. My lunch was packed, but I just felt that I needed something warm, and I had to get out of the office. I was headed out of the office and down the street for french fries with gravy. Before leaving, I stopped to update another coworker on the events of the morning. She was as devastated as myself, and decided to join me on my "walk". I did not tell her the walk was to the fast food store. We walked out of the building and turned right not left, and walked through a beautiful treed area, came back more relaxed, and without the fries. I was suppose to go to yoga at 5:30 with my DH for my first time (always felt that I was too big and clumsy for those classes). I received the news shortly after 4:00 that my coworkers son did not make it. Again, the emotions elevated, and I felt that I needed to slow down and decided not to rush out of work and go to yoga. How was I going to tell the rest of the team, what words do I use. How do you tell 60 people. Email is so impersonal. I pulled it together .... slowly and finally left the office at 6:00 - missing my yoga class. I really could have easily gone straight home because I had a business call at 8:00 and I did need to get in some supper, instead, I thought about my trainer saying, even 20 minutes helps. So I went to the gym, got on the treadmill for 30 minutes, prayed and thought a lot about my coworker and the importance of making a difference for myself and others every single day.

Today, I did not let my emotions get in the way. I have a new life, and french fries and missing my exercise are not going to help these emotions, it probably would have done the opposite.
That is a trying & stressful situation. Glad you were able to find outlets other than food
__________________
Kerry

DH-Kevin Kerry DS-Jared (14) DD-Ellison (3)

Disney Wonder 2006
Disney Magic Mediterranean 2013

MrsKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #474
carolinamom
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 90

Looking at the progress everyone on this board has made is so inspiring! I am excited to "jump in" with a group that shares a love of Disney. Our cruise is march 30 and my goal is to (1) drop 25 lbs- so just under 7 months, and (2) to adopt permanent healthy change. I am 5'3" at 150 lbs. I lost about 20-25 pounds last year before a cruise, but did it through a medical weight loss center using a terrible crash diet and phentarmine- not a good idea. I will be fighting to restore my metabolism for a while. I weigh more now then when I started last year. I exercise, but I don't eat as well as I should.
I am breaking my goals down like some of the other subscribers have. I am going to use upcoming trips to mark my goals. Goal 1: by oct 5 (Disney trip for international food and wine feat), my goal is 7 lbs, so 153. Goal 2: by nov 30 trip, down another 7. That's 14 lbs between now and the end of November. Then the remaining 10-11 by march 30. I want slow permanent change, not the quick fix I had before.
Plan- healthy eating stating w 2 weeks on phase one of south beach followed by a lifetime of healthy eating, lots of water, lots of veggies, and lots of positive feedback to myself while I focus on the awesome things my body CAN do, instead of feeling terrible about myself. Conscious eating is the key for me. I am so excited to share this "trip".
carolinamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #475
PryncessLace
Mouseketeer
 
PryncessLace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxin'
I am posting this personal story in hopes to help others get through an emotional period in a healthier way.

It is amazing how emotions can impact eating. Yesterday, was a very emotional day. A coworkers 22 year old son was rushed to the hospital in the morning, and the news was not good. I worked through the morning waiting for news. It came to lunch time. My lunch was packed, but I just felt that I needed something warm, and I had to get out of the office. I was headed out of the office and down the street for french fries with gravy. Before leaving, I stopped to update another coworker on the events of the morning. She was as devastated as myself, and decided to join me on my "walk". I did not tell her the walk was to the fast food store. We walked out of the building and turned right not left, and walked through a beautiful treed area, came back more relaxed, and without the fries. I was suppose to go to yoga at 5:30 with my DH for my first time (always felt that I was too big and clumsy for those classes). I received the news shortly after 4:00 that my coworkers son did not make it. Again, the emotions elevated, and I felt that I needed to slow down and decided not to rush out of work and go to yoga. How was I going to tell the rest of the team, what words do I use. How do you tell 60 people. Email is so impersonal. I pulled it together .... slowly and finally left the office at 6:00 - missing my yoga class. I really could have easily gone straight home because I had a business call at 8:00 and I did need to get in some supper, instead, I thought about my trainer saying, even 20 minutes helps. So I went tothe gym, got on the treadmill for 30 minutes, prayed and thought a lot about my coworker and the importance of making a difference for myself and others every single day.

Today, I did not let my emotions get in the way. I have a new life, and french fries and missing my exercise are not going to help these emotions, it probably would have done the opposite.
That is a huge step to take in conquering weight loss! Also, my thoughts are with the family and friends, such a hard thing to go through.
PryncessLace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:33 AM   #476
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer
 
Relaxin''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 466

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinamom View Post
Looking at the progress everyone on this board has made is so inspiring! I am excited to "jump in" with a group that shares a love of Disney. Our cruise is march 30 and my goal is to (1) drop 25 lbs- so just under 7 months, and (2) to adopt permanent healthy change. I am 5'3" at 150 lbs. I lost about 20-25 pounds last year before a cruise, but did it through a medical weight loss center using a terrible crash diet and phentarmine- not a good idea. I will be fighting to restore my metabolism for a while. I weigh more now then when I started last year. I exercise, but I don't eat as well as I should.
I am breaking my goals down like some of the other subscribers have. I am going to use upcoming trips to mark my goals. Goal 1: by oct 5 (Disney trip for international food and wine feat), my goal is 7 lbs, so 153. Goal 2: by nov 30 trip, down another 7. That's 14 lbs between now and the end of November. Then the remaining 10-11 by march 30. I want slow permanent change, not the quick fix I had before.
Plan- healthy eating stating w 2 weeks on phase one of south beach followed by a lifetime of healthy eating, lots of water, lots of veggies, and lots of positive feedback to myself while I focus on the awesome things my body CAN do, instead of feeling terrible about myself. Conscious eating is the key for me. I am so excited to share this "trip".
Sounds like you have already met a first goal of setting your goals. Keep positive!
__________________
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race,
Relaxin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:38 AM   #477
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer
 
Relaxin''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 466

Quote:
Originally Posted by trish. View Post
(Started this process at 175 lbs.)

August 1st -
Weight: 152 lbs
Body Fat: 42 lbs
LBM: 110 Lbs
Body Fat percentage: 27%

August 31st -
Weight: 144 lbs
Body Fat: 31 lbs
LBM: 113 lbs (gained 3 lbs of muscle)
Body Fat percentage: 21%

Feeling good about my progress for the month.

I am back to work tomorrow after the summer off, so I am back to 5am workouts.

I have more body fat to lose, but I think I am on my way to meeting some goals.
This is a great way to monitor your progress. So often people working out do not realize the muscle gain, and do not understand why they are not seeing the scale move downward. Measurements on how the clothes feels is so important for people who do not have the measurement of LBM.
__________________
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race,
Relaxin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:29 PM   #478
kennedyparalegal
kennedyparalegal
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brentwood, CA
Posts: 73

Progress

Day 20 of my new healthier life and I am down 8 pounds.
kennedyparalegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:23 AM   #479
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer
 
Relaxin''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 466

Cooler temperatures have arrived. Instead of heading for the gym, I may go with a group to run a 10K outside through town to a conservation area and back. This will be my first 10K, normally I run about 8.5K on a treadmill followed by a few lengths of the pool and stretching. This will definitely be a challenge because these are all seasoned runners who have run marathons. This is an easy Sunday jog for them. Hmmm, maybe I should do the first one on my own. They all know my DH and will be happy to see me out. Many have not seen me since I have lost 45 lbs. and I am afraid they are going to be watching every move, and running back to me to see if I am okay. I just want to do this first one at my own pace, next week I will be ready for advice. I am a person who likes to do things on my own for the first time, and go unrecognized. Wow, I can not believe I have made it this far. My dream to do a Disney 1/2 or even full marathon is getting closer.
__________________
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race,
Relaxin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:48 AM   #480
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer
 
Relaxin''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 466

Well the competition begins. A twelve week weight loss program at the gym. The winner gets $10,000 and then there are a number of prizes for personal training sessions. I hope to be in the top ten for my location. I am sure there are going to be people doing some drastic measures to get the $10K. I will be impressed if I loss 24 lbs. and happy with 18. I weigh in tonight and then minutes before I leave for my cruise on Dec. 8.

I think the first thing I am going to be looking for when I get on board the ship is a Mickey ice cream head.
__________________
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race,
Relaxin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How long does it take to lose 50-60 lbs.?? NY Disney fan W.I.S.H 20 03-19-2014 10:24 AM
If I Cancel My Room Ressie, Do I Lose Dining too?! bellebookworm9 Disney Dining Reservations 10 02-23-2010 01:32 PM
Losing 30 before I lose my 30s (comments welcome) mom0299 WISH Journals 26 01-23-2010 08:38 AM
My Weight Loss Effort (join in if you're trying to lose for the holidays) brymolmom Disney for Families 124 12-06-2009 10:09 PM
Will I lose 4/3 discount if I change 1 day of my reservation verge1116 Disney Discount Codes and Rates 1 12-04-2009 05:53 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.