Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2012, 07:14 AM   #436
Elaine Dragonlady
Mouseketeer

Red face Happy with 1st week's loss

It was an incredible 16 pounds. I have ALOT of weight to lose, but I'm totally thrilled with this. I love the ProPoints system, as I love to cook, and I can still do so, just making a few adjustments to the recipes. Last night we had chicken with cashewnuts and rice, nicer than a takeaway, and didn't take to long to make.
My daughter Hannah has also joined WW Online, so I now have the best slimming buddy possible.
Good luck to you all in your efforts, and for those who are off on their cruises this week, have a great time.
Elaine Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:31 AM   #437
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

Just got back from an extended weekend in NJ and to my pleasant surprise, I have lost another half pound. I thought for sure I was going to gain. I recorded, and thought before I ate. It was really the drive back that I was bad.
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race, Sept 2014 WBTA Magic,February 2015 Magic Western,September 2015 Wonder - Hawaii
Relaxin' is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2012, 10:45 PM   #438
nflmom
Earning My Ears

Since my cruise in in 2 days & there's no hope of losing the weight in that time, I guess I'll just have to book another in a year or so so I can join this thread
nflmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:49 PM   #439
CeCeGarrett
Mouseketeer

Can I join in? I want to lose 90 pounds this year... with a goal of 50 gone by cruise date of Feb 23rd. I just started Cambridge on Monday. The cruise will be a great motivator to get at least 50 gone by the end of Feb 2013... but I will be far from done with my weight loss journey. Starting weight was ( I cannot BELIEVE I AM POSTING THIS ON THE INTERWEBS) 254 on Monday. The largest I have ever been.. including my pregnancies. For me it's not so much about dress sizes and looking cute.. while that might be an added bonus... it's about living longer and better. My mother had a massive stroke at 49 and I care for her every day. I will not follow in those footsteps/wheelchair tracks.

Now, that my serious intro is done, I promise I am funny, positive and only mildly insane. (already have my lists started for our cruise and FE gifts in production even though there is no one but me on the meets thread for the cruise date..lol)
CeCeGarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #440
Elaine Dragonlady
Mouseketeer

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflmom View Post
Since my cruise in in 2 days & there's no hope of losing the weight in that time, I guess I'll just have to book another in a year or so so I can join this thread
Any reason to book another Disney cruise is a good reason!
Old 08-15-2012, 02:15 PM   #441
Elaine Dragonlady
Mouseketeer

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeCeGarrett View Post
Can I join in? I want to lose 90 pounds this year... with a goal of 50 gone by cruise date of Feb 23rd. I just started Cambridge on Monday. The cruise will be a great motivator to get at least 50 gone by the end of Feb 2013... but I will be far from done with my weight loss journey. Starting weight was ( I cannot BELIEVE I AM POSTING THIS ON THE INTERWEBS) 254 on Monday. The largest I have ever been.. including my pregnancies. For me it's not so much about dress sizes and looking cute.. while that might be an added bonus... it's about living longer and better. My mother had a massive stroke at 49 and I care for her every day. I will not follow in those footsteps/wheelchair tracks.

Now, that my serious intro is done, I promise I am funny, positive and only mildly insane. (already have my lists started for our cruise and FE gifts in production even though there is no one but me on the meets thread for the cruise date..lol)
I weigh more than that and am hoping to lose 30 pounds before my December cruise. After that I will just keep dieting - I think I'll have to book another cruise, maybe in 2014, just to give me a great incentive!!
Old 08-15-2012, 05:03 PM   #442
CeCeGarrett
Mouseketeer

Elaine, that is an excellent idea! You just gave me another reason to book another cruise! I should have added in my previous post that I am only 5'2" (62cm) so, 254 looks more like 300 on my short stature.

I am a bit worried about how I am going to view food by the time I get on the Magic on Feb 23rd... I hope I am not weeping with joy or making nom nom noises when dessert arrives.
CeCeGarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #443
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Elaine, that is an excellent idea! You just gave me another reason to book another cruise! I should have added in my previous post that I am only 5'2" (62cm) so, 254 looks more like 300 on my short stature.

I am a bit worried about how I am going to view food by the time I get on the Magic on Feb 23rd... I hope I am not weeping with joy or making nom nom noises when dessert arrives.
It sounds like you are going to be successful because you have the right attitude. There will be great days and more challenging days. I look at pictures of me from my Nov. 2011 cruise, then my March 2012, and look at myself now. There is 45 lbs. lesser of me. The eating out is so much different then in March. During the cruise, I thought about all the wrong choices I was making, and now I just don't even want to make those wrong choices. Only you can put your mind to it and do it. My success has been do to recording everything going in my mouth, and dedication to exercise. I wish you the best, and I will be here if you need to share.
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race, Sept 2014 WBTA Magic,February 2015 Magic Western,September 2015 Wonder - Hawaii
Old 08-17-2012, 07:06 AM   #444
Elaine Dragonlady
Mouseketeer

Red face

Quote:

Hey CeCe, looks like you've made a start, it's down weight all the way from now on!! I think we probably do have about the same to lose, as I'm 5' 8''.
Yesterday was a really mixed day, it's my weighing day and I lost 6lbs last week. That makes 22lb total in two weeks and I am really pleased.
Then I went and picked up my sister, and her twin daughters, to take her to hospital for a day surgery on her knee. On the way we had to stop at Tesco to use the restrooms, I had been hit by my old enemy, IBD. It's a good thing Bryan had taken the day off, as I came home and crashed out for three hours. It's a good thing he likes to be active, he took the girls of to the local park and played football (soccer for my US friends) till they were exhausted too!! I woke up to the sound of a call from the hospital saying she was ready to pick up so I went to get her, bought her back to my house as she had to be with an adult for the first twenty four hours, then back to her house overnight. I'm not entirely sure what I ate, definitely Pizza, so today is a restart, tracking everything and needing to do extra exercise.

She's seems really well this morning so I've come home to sleep. Well, end of short novel, I wish you all the best of success this week.

Elaine

PS - A great way to keep your hands from the cookie jar, candy tin or whatever your poison is in the evening - hand made FE gifts.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:48 AM   #445
CEGrant
Mouseketeer

All of you are so inspiring!

My cruise is 8/29/12, and I've lost 19 lbs for it. I'm now 5'9" and 161 lbs. I'd like to lose 17 more, but I'll settle for 5 more by the cruise.

My new clothes and swimsuits just arrived from Lands End (love end of summer sales!) and although my body is nowhere near perfect, it's nice to try them on and feel good about it. I love the idea of booking next years cruise for weight loss motivation. Great idea!
Old 08-17-2012, 10:08 AM   #446
Julencamsmom
Earning My Ears

I've been working since 7-11. Lost 12 pounds so far. I have 40ish more days and hope to lose 10 more!
Julencamsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:28 PM   #447
*999haunts
Earning My Ears

Hello- newbie here!

My daughter and I booked an Oct 10, 2013 cruise on the Dream three weeks ago. We are both quite overweight, and have just over a year to do something about it. In three weeks she's lost 12lbs and I've lost 11, by counting calories and *actually* going to the gym.

Thank you for this thread....I will be reading daily and checking in often! I would love to atleast be a size 10 by next October. Good luck everyone!
*999haunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:31 AM   #448
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

It is great to see so much chatter. Another successful week. I have changed my breakfast from raisin bran to 2 eggs whites fried in a light spray of olive oil, sprinkled with cinnamon, and a tablespoon of almond butter. This high protein meal keeps me going for the day. I was not a big protein eater, and this is one way that I am finding to increase the protein. The other is Greek Yogurt. Right now, I have 5 meals a day and generally I have some sort of protein in at least 4/5 if not 5/5.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:50 PM   #449
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

Just got back from my nutrition class presented from my gym. It was a 8 week program that provided nutrition advice and weigh ins. I am happy to say that I had the 3rd highest weight loss over 8 weeks. And here I thought I was not doing that great. I lost 9 lbs. and my goal was 12 lbs.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:25 PM   #450
trish.
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxin' View Post
Just got back from my nutrition class presented from my gym. It was a 8 week program that provided nutrition advice and weigh ins. I am happy to say that I had the 3rd highest weight loss over 8 weeks. And here I thought I was not doing that great. I lost 9 lbs. and my goal was 12 lbs.
Sweet!!!! Great job!
trish. is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: