Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2012, 04:58 AM   #391
HappyPeach
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack on View Post
Hi, I am in the very slow and long process of losing the baby fat...the youngest baby is now 7 1/2...years that is, lol. Anyway, I have been going to zumba for about two years and I hope to get certified as a zumba instructor this year.

Anyone know whether Disney will make a place available to zumba on board for an hour? One of the adult areas during the morning would be easy, right? Any idea who to contact? Anyone have any experience with this kind of request?

I will be on the Fantasy new years eve cruise of 2013 and hate to not do it for a week. And if I find a place to do it, anyone would be welcome to join me....
Pamela
The December 29 sailing? I'm on that cruise and I love zumba! I usually go to 3 classes a week. If you can find a place, I'll work out with you!
4 day Disney Wonder, June 2007 -*- 7 day Eastern Caribbean Disney Magic, February 2010 -*- 4 day Disney Wonder, May 2010 -*- 7 day Western Caribbean Disney Magic, February 2011 -*- 7 day Eastern Caribbean Disney Magic, April 2011 -*- 5 day Disney Dream, January 2012 -*- 7 day Disney Fantasy, April 2013 -*-12 day EBTA Disney Magic, May 2014

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

HappyPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #392
Hockeychic
Dopey 2013...Yah baby

Hello fellow lose before we cruise people.

I have about 40 - 45 pds to lose and would like to actually lose it all well before I cruise since I am doing the Goofy marathon in disney in January. Lots of work to do.

Kim
Hockeychic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #393
PryncessLace
Mouseketeer

We are going on vacation starting tomorrow and I have been trying very hard to eat right these couple of weeks leading up to it. I have been successful and lost another 2lbs! Hopefully I won't gain it back these next few days! 8 -10 lbs. more to go before the cruise in November!
PryncessLace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:41 AM   #394
Rack on
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyPeach View Post
The December 29 sailing? I'm on that cruise and I love zumba! I usually go to 3 classes a week. If you can find a place, I'll work out with you!
Very cool. I am only working on my first two songs' choreography now, but hope to have time to do more over the summer and be ready for leading classes when the kids go back to school in September.

Yes, the Fantasy for the New Years Eve 2013 (I know, 19 months, and counting)

Pamela
Rack on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:55 AM   #395
Rack on
Earning My Ears

Medifast

Ok, so I have tried WW, Nutrisystem, counting calories, LA Weight Loss, working with a trainer (lost 50 lbs 2 yrs ago this way), etc etc etc and now I am trying Medifast. So far in 3 wks I have lost about 6 lbs. Yes I have cheated here and there, but not too badly. No binges, etc.

I have given so much thought to my weight loss challenges and I have discovered I need two things for success

support/reinforcement and

not too many choices in food.

If I throw in a healthy dose of "I am important too and need to make taking care of myself a higher priority in this family" then I have much better success.

Why do I need these things? We spend almost every weekend with my in laws at the beach house we share...every day, everyone else eats donuts for breakfast, pizza for lunch, ice cream for snacks and sometimes dessert too. Junk for dinner. I am always being offered "just one cookie, a taste won't hurt, have a scoop, it's just a scoop, etc etc etc..." AAAAACK! So here I am, begging for support.

My ultimate goal to be in heaven would be to lose 50 lbs. My realistic goal is 30 to 35 from now.

Medifast is not bad. 4 or 5 soy protein based supplements per day plus one big or two smaller "lean and green" meals. Some of the supplements are quite tasty and I have not been hungry. But the weekly weigh in and brief counseling session help.

Anyone else trying Medifast?
Rack on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #396
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack on View Post
Ok, so I have tried WW, Nutrisystem, counting calories, LA Weight Loss, working with a trainer (lost 50 lbs 2 yrs ago this way), etc etc etc and now I am trying Medifast. So far in 3 wks I have lost about 6 lbs. Yes I have cheated here and there, but not too badly. No binges, etc.

I have given so much thought to my weight loss challenges and I have discovered I need two things for success

support/reinforcement and

not too many choices in food.

If I throw in a healthy dose of "I am important too and need to make taking care of myself a higher priority in this family" then I have much better success.

Why do I need these things? We spend almost every weekend with my in laws at the beach house we share...every day, everyone else eats donuts for breakfast, pizza for lunch, ice cream for snacks and sometimes dessert too. Junk for dinner. I am always being offered "just one cookie, a taste won't hurt, have a scoop, it's just a scoop, etc etc etc..." AAAAACK! So here I am, begging for support.

My ultimate goal to be in heaven would be to lose 50 lbs. My realistic goal is 30 to 35 from now.

Medifast is not bad. 4 or 5 soy protein based supplements per day plus one big or two smaller "lean and green" meals. Some of the supplements are quite tasty and I have not been hungry. But the weekly weigh in and brief counseling session help.

Anyone else trying Medifast?
My DH did it for a while but it just doesn't work for him now. He is not very successful at diets because he does not add in the fresh foods he is supposed to. He still thinks the less calories he intakes the better but he works out at least 4 days a week and he needs more than 1000 calories a day.

I am doing Nutrasystem and I talked him in to signing up. He is doing ok so far and I keep the house stocked with foods he can have. You are supposed to add in two servings of carbs a day and he refuses. He has talked to nutritionists and read so many books on weight loss but he just wont listen.

I have lost 2 more pounds. 7.7 lost so far on NS in 5 weeks. Over 24 lost for this year. I am working out a lot and participating in a few things on the W.I.S.H. board. Exactly 8 months until I cruise!!

Last edited by sissy_ib; 06-01-2012 at 01:32 PM.
sissy_ib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:53 PM   #397
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxin' View Post
Lost another pound. I feel like I am finally back to my weight loss program since coming back from my cruise. Yesterday, I ran my 5K under 41 minutes. It was only 4 months ago that it took me 55 minutes. I ran for a straight 60 minutes at 7.5km per hour. This was the first time I ran without a break. today was not so good, more of a walk then a run.
Had to go back to see my comment from the beginning of May to see how I am doing.

The good news is that I ran 5K in 40 minutes and 30 seconds today.

The bad news is I have plateaued this month. I have not been tracking my food daily or going to the gym as often as I was up to the end of March.

I need a goal. The goal of losing weight before I went on the Fantasy was perfect. It really motivated me. So my goal will be - as soon as I lose 16 lbs. I will treat myself to the spa. I will strive to have this done by the end of July. I will meet this goal by tracking my food and not cheating (no more snacking at work) in my tracking and going to the gym 6 days a week. No more waiting Saturday and Sunday's for my DH to say he is ready to join me because it always ends up that I do not go. I will check in at the end of June on my progress.
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race, Sept 2014 WBTA Magic,February 2015 Magic Western,September 2015 Wonder - Hawaii
Relaxin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:25 PM   #398
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

I am so excited! I just tried on my size 10 jeans and they fit!! It's been at least a year since they fit.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #399
PryncessLace
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
I am so excited! I just tried on my size 10 jeans and they fit!! It's been at least a year since they fit.
That's awesome! I made it down to a size 10 this spring too!
Old 06-13-2012, 11:10 PM   #400
sarahndipity
Earning My Ears

i just had a baby last month and am scheduled for my first disney cruise sept 29th, on the fantasy i'm sooooo excited and now i'm really hoping to lose at least 25 pounds between now and then!
my mom and sister who are also cruising with me were supposed to diet with me but... not sure what happened there
sarahndipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:01 AM   #401
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

I know I said I would check in at the end of the month, but I am pleased to say that I have broken my 5 week plateau. I lost 2.8 lbs. this week. I am on my way to my mini July 31 goal. It may be a little optimistic, but I am going for it. I need to lose 2 lbs. / week and I will still be short by a pound. I now have a longer term goal to meet. Just booked the East Bound Panana Canal. I expect to be 65 ilbs lighter than December 2012, and I have already lost 37 lbs. Only 28 lbs to go! I know the hard weight to lose.
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race, Sept 2014 WBTA Magic,February 2015 Magic Western,September 2015 Wonder - Hawaii
Relaxin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #402
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

I would like to loose at least 20lbs by November.

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:46 PM   #403
C8eOg
Mouseketeer

Just started about 10 days or so ago and my cruise is less that 100 days away. Down 7lbs! Very excited!

2006: Port Orleans FQ (EPCOT Flower & Garden Festival)
2008: CB (MNSSHP)
2012: West'n Carib 7 nt on Fantasy!

First time cruising!

Cameron & Casey
Alex (11) & Abby Kate (9)
C8eOg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #404
PryncessLace
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by C8eOg View Post
Just started about 10 days or so ago and my cruise is less that 100 days away. Down 7lbs! Very excited!
Wow, that's an awesome start!
Old 06-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #405
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

I'm now down 31 pounds! All my old dresses fit me and I am so exited. We just booked a trip to Vegas in 6 weeks and I am hoping to be down about 10 more pounds by then. I have been losing about a pound and a half a week. I was doing Nutrasystem and I am still using the food but I have started counting calories. Keeping myself at 1100-1300 a day I started to be more consistent in my weight loss. I also finished C25K, I'm running three times a week, I get other cardio at least twice a week and have started strength training.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: