Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2009, 05:07 PM   #16
neenslovesdisney
Mouseketeer

Make sure to keep posting even if our thread gets moved to the WISH board! What if we all posted our weight weekly as well, maybe on Saturday to prevent Fri night over-eating? Mine is 156 . Who's next?
neenslovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 05:40 PM   #17
Kay1
Check out Ricki's hidden Mickey!
The only tricky part is judging when the actual boiling begins

I broke my elbow about six weeks ago and because of that, last week I strained my intercostal muscles on that side. To cruise and fit comfortably in my clothes, I'll need to lose a good 10 pounds before I look at a cruise ship.

Good luck to all you other "losers."

Register to remove

Old 12-06-2009, 09:00 AM   #18
hgon76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto, View Post
you are exactly right. about 5 years or so ago i lost 60 pounds in 3 months on atkins. got off the atkins and gained back the 60 pounds within 4 months.
plus atkins is not good for you lots of fat, no fruits, low fiber intake. now im doing weight watchers you will lose it a lot slower maybe only a couple pounds a week but its a diet you can do for your entire life and be healthy.
remember the faster you lose it the faster you will gain it back. if your on a diet and after your first couple of weeks if your losing more than 3 pounds a week you want to start eating a little more. also if you lose it to fast a lot of people get kidney stones.
Thats the point I was making about WW. Those low carbs are great for a "quick weight loss". If it's just to lose for a cruise and you don't mind gaining it back. Unfortunately, they unrealistic for a lifestyle that you can live with forever. My advice to anyone starting any kind of weight loss program is to think in terms of "forever". "Can I maintain eating like this for the rest of my life?" I used to get so mad when people said that I was "dieting". I would say "no, I'm not dieting. This is the way I eat now" My mother is good for that. Whenever we go out to eat and I get a chicken salad or something healthy she says "oh I forgot, your dieting." I always tell her that I've been doing this for 4 years now. That's not a diet. It's a way of life. I have an aunt that needed to lose 60lbs. She got the lap band. I told her she was nuts! I saw how she ate and told her that the lap band would not be a magical fix. You need to change your way of eating all together. So long story short, she got it, lost 35 lbs. Now she has gained it all back + 10lbs and went through surgery for it. So find something you can do long term. Not just a quick fix. May not be WW, but something for you. It'll really helps keep it off.

hgon76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:25 AM   #19
neenslovesdisney
Mouseketeer

I agree hgon76. That's why I think south beach makes sense because it is not a low carb way of eating but rather emphasizes healthy carbs and good fats. My co-worker who has been doing the south beach woe for 3 years now seems to love it. When we go out for business lunches, she orders grilled meats, steamed vegetables or lean meat sandwiches on whole wheat toast. Seems pretty liveable to me. My problem with weight watchers point system is that I have seen many people (including other co-workers) use their points to make unhealthy choices and they end up losing weight but not improving their overall shape. I am looking to get an athletes body so I think sb in conjunction with weight training and running should help me achieve my goals. The bottom line is, what works for one may not work for another. I agree with you, whatever plan one chooses it has to be something they can live with for life or the weight will come back, and then some!
Congrats on your success though hgon76, that takes hard work, determination and discipline. I'm impressed.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:36 AM   #20
AnnMarie3
Mouseketeer

count me in. I would like to lose 25 lbs before my April cruise. I am trying to decided between Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig. Any input, especially experience w/ Jenny Craig would be appreciated!
AnnMarie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:58 AM   #21
sinnika
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie3 View Post
count me in. I would like to lose 25 lbs before my April cruise. I am trying to decided between Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig. Any input, especially experience w/ Jenny Craig would be appreciated!
I started Jenny Craig 4 weeks ago this Monday. I've been losing 2 lb per week. I love the food and I'm never hungry. I also like the fact that I don't have to plan meals and portion size. I was really skeptical because I've never paid for a weight loss program before and I'm an emotional eater. My counselor is great and keeps me motivated! And I joined with a friend so we keep each other in check. I have also started doing the Wii Fit plus and I think that's the key to any weight loss program -combining diet and exercise. I would like to be 40 lb less when I cruise at the end of May.
sinnika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:11 AM   #22
robynchic
Newlywed

I'm trying to lose a few pounds before the cruise (seriously, about 5), in two weeks. I know that my main issue is that I need to get off my fanny and work out, along with not boredom eating. But vanity pounds (which, I admit, is what I'm trying to lose) are the most difficult, so we'll see how it goes.
robynchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:24 PM   #23
rantnnravin
Whaddya mean there's no room in the suitcase? YOU CAN LAND A PLANE IN THERE!!

I started Isagenix in October and although I didn't follow it to a "T", i lost 8 pounds and 26 inches in 18 days. (2 dress sizes). I'm doing the maintenance now and still losing. My girlfriend lost 41 pounds (forget how many inches) in 8 weeks on it and is still losing. Will do another 9 day blast after the holidays to lose that last dress size.

rantnnravin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:23 PM   #24
speakupjc
DIS Veteran

I started weight watchers a week ago and have already lost 7 pounds. Keep it up everyone and congrats on your success so far.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:35 PM   #25
pixiedustaholic
DIS Veteran

I don't have another cruise booked yet but I would love to join in! I joined WW last Monday and have done pretty well with my eating this week. I already feel much better b/c I haven't been eating junk. I go weigh in tomorrow morning and I will post the results.
pixiedustaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:12 AM   #26
neenslovesdisney
Mouseketeer

pixiedustaholic: how did your weigh-in go this morning?
Old 12-07-2009, 02:08 PM   #27
Beezymouse
Mouseketeer

please count me in too. I've been doing scottish slimmers (the same idea as WW - yes I've done WW several times before too). So far I've lost 11 pounds but now the countdown to christmas is on I'll probably end up putting it back on! lol

Anyway I'm in. Perhaps posting my loses or gains every week will keep me on track.

Me DH
Beezymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:16 PM   #28
pixiedustaholic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neenslovesdisney View Post
pixiedustaholic: how did your weigh-in go this morning?
I lost 5.8 lbs. this week! Woot! Woot! I'm excited!
pixiedustaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:21 PM   #29
neenslovesdisney
Mouseketeer

"Weigh" to go pixiedust! Keep going, you'll hit goal in no time.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:24 PM   #30
TnRobin
My body may be back in Nashville, but my mind is still on vacation.
Bob Villa, build me a bathroom in the attic!

DISboards Moderator

I think we are going to move you guys to the WISH Board here in the next few days, you may want to subscribe to the thread so that you can find us.

TnRobin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: