Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2010, 01:32 PM   #31
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

November 4, 2009 - Day 6 - MGM (Hollywood Studios) & Anniversary Surprise! - Part One

We woke up, but didn't rush too much. We were starting to get tired! Today was our Hollywood Studios day. We didn't have a lot planned to do this day as the heat was starting to get to us. I don't know how people do it in the summer or early fall. No Thank you!

We headed to breakfast ... Alyssa looks so tired!

Our little artist was more concerned with drawing pictures instead of eating.

I really enjoyed staying at Saratoga Springs. It was alot of fun! It sure as heack beat the beginning of the trip at the All Star Movies. LOL I am a hotel snob now. The All Stars just don't do it anymore. I really hated the Music when I went in December. That sealed it. From now on if I am in need of a filler night at a value resort it will be the Pop Centry for sure.

We got a bus and headed to the Studios. We arrived before 10 am, so not too bad!

I know there are "Hat Haters" out there, but I personally like it.

Brandon and a fellow Police Officer! So nice to know they are keeping the parks safe. LOL

We headed towards Tower of Terror.

The Christmas Decorations were slowly starting to show up.

Villains in Vouge. Love it. One of my favorite stores!

The Crowds were pretty low today.

Pete and I sat with Alyssa (ok ok we got her an ice cream...LOL) while her mom and dad went on the Tower of Terror.

After they were done we told them to head over to the Rockin Roller Coaster and we took Alyssa to the Beauty and the beat Show.

We got great seats. Alyssa played on the benches waiting for the show to start. I still miss 4 for a Dollar. But the wait wasn't long. Laura and Brandon made it back before the show started.

Alyssa loved the show!

We went to check in for lunch at the 50's Prime Time Cafe. Alyssa had a mini meltdown. She was hot and tired. She fell asleep by the time we made our way over to check in.

We were seated with in 15 minutes. Ahh so nice and cool inside.

We had a great lunch as usual...We love it here. Alyssa woke up while we were all eating so we got her some lunch too.

After Lunch Pete and I did a little shopping while Alyssa enjoyed the Playhouse Disney Show.

Pete and I headed for the bus. We had a special date! It was our 1st Wedding Anniversary and I had cooked up a great Surprise!!!

Alyssa and Laura and Brandon stayed for the parade.

Alyssa is a BIG Pixar Fan!

After the Parade Alyssa, Laura and Brandon headed back to the hotel too. It was just too hot for Alyssa. She was all red in the face. Plus they wanted to see us all dressed and ready to go!

They snapped a picture of the tree on the way out. It's November 4th and the tree was up!

Pete and I were showering and Alyssa came into our room with a sweet card! I love that my soster gets Alyssa to "Sign" all of her cards!

We gave our hugs and kisses and headed out to our taxi! Where were we going? What was the big surprise???
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West; February 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; February - 2014 - Grand Californian; May 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney Magic B2B, Bay Lake Towers; May 2014 - Wilderness Lodge for Star Wars Weekend; August 2014 - Old Key West, Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream
Old 04-20-2010, 02:21 PM   #32
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

You can't leave us hanging like that! I wanna know where you're going!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2010, 12:21 PM   #33
Goldeelox9

November 4, 2009 - Day 6 - Anniversary Surprise! - Part Two!

So we were in the Cab (We used alot of Cabs staying at the Tree Houses, but it was soo worth it).....We pulled up to the Grand Floridian and Pete asked me if we were eating at Narcossee's? I told him Nope? He was still wondering.

We went into the Lobby. It is so pretty inside. I love it. We found a seat. Pete asked again what we were doing here and I told him that we were listening to the music.

Then a man in a tux walks up to us and asks if we are Mr. & Mrs. Reese. I told himm yes. He said follow me. Pete looks at me like I am nuts. We follow Howard to the elevator. He puts a key card in and we head upstairs. He leads us out to a balcony to this:

Pete was floored! We take our seats and I tell him all about our Private dinner that I had arranged. I got to hand pick each item on the menu.

Truffle French Toast with Shrimp & Wild Mushrooms

Pretzel Bread served with Soup and Salads

Cheddar Cheese Soup

French Onion Soup

Spinach Salad in Parmesan Bowl with Bacon & Hard Boiled Eggs, and Ranch Dressing

Field Greens Salad in a Parmesan Bowl with Feta Cheese, Cashews, & Citrus Vinaigrette

Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breast with Mushroom Veloute, Caramelized Onion Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans.

NY Strip with Red Wine Sauce, Caramelized Onion Mashed Potatoes, Balsamic Roasted Mushrooms & Asparagus

Special Wishes dessert from bakery & Mini Castle Cake in Cheesecake

Pete was in shock. He had no idea this was an option.

Now this was a TON of food. We ate maybe half and we were there for over 3 hours. We talked and laughed and remembered the wedding. The Butler took his time and was never in the way. He left us alone alot. We did talk to him about being on the private dining team. He has done it for over 20 years and loves it. He told us all about the rich people who stay at the Grand Floridian. He said after 30 days you have to check out and check back in. He also told us about the rich people who come with their nannys and stuff. He was a great guy!

As he brought out desert Wishes started. It was perfect! We had a great view and we snuggled up and enjoyed the show. I didn't tak emany pictures during Wishes at all. I wanted to enjoy my time with my boy!

Once that was over the butler brought me the bill! Holy COw! LOL It was so worth it! Then he gave me a guft from the Grand Floridian. It was a White Chocolate picture of the hotel!

We got him to snap a picture for us and then we headed down to the lobby.

They had just started work on the new marble floor. It is so pretty!

While we were wining and dining Alyssa was having some fun pool time!

Saratoga Springs has a great pool!

By the time we got home Alyssa was sleeping, so was her Mom and Dad. We packed up as much as we could since tomorrow we head to the ship! We were going to go to the pool, but instead I decided I needed one more bath in that amazing bathtub!

*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West; February 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; February - 2014 - Grand Californian; May 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney Magic B2B, Bay Lake Towers; May 2014 - Wilderness Lodge for Star Wars Weekend; August 2014 - Old Key West, Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream
Old 04-21-2010, 08:49 PM   #34
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Wow Lisa! Your anniversary surprise private dining looks amazing! What a great memory for the two of you! I'm trying to decide if I want to surprise DH with one for our anniversary next year... You may have sold me

Loving the TR!
Old 04-23-2010, 12:41 AM   #35
jaycns
I am green with envy. Vanilla Ice is MY closet obsession!
I've got PUNKY POWER!
ppppfartttt - it was the SHOES! I swear!
It's wonderful to see the dropper of the poo

:):):)

So happy that your surprise turned out so well! Do you remember your butlers name? How was your french toast with truffles and shrimp? What was your favorite dish?

PS You looked beautiful in your pretty white dress!
Old 04-23-2010, 09:57 AM   #36
Goldeelox9

Jay, I had requested Howard per your recomendation. He was AMAZING! He told us about his boys and so much fun stuff about the Grand Floridian. He was personable, but not in our face! He remebered you and Stich's birthday! He said he was hoping to see you for your next Birthday Celebration. He was GREAT!

Oh the Truffle French toast was the BEST thing I have ever eaten in my life. It was almost garlic bread tasting, but with creamy sauce and shrimp and differant mushrooms. OMG I want more right now. It was soooo good! That was the one thing we finished every mouthful of!

Thank you again for your guidence! It was an unforgetable night!

Also tha nk you for the compliment on my dress. It was the sundress I wore to dinner the night of our wedding. I thought it was fitting to wear it on our first anniversary!

Old 04-23-2010, 02:18 PM   #37
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

In in! Alyssa is adorable!

Loved seeing pics from the treehouse!
Old 04-23-2010, 03:53 PM   #38
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Hi Lisa!

I'm so loving your report! I think I'll go back and read your wedding one, too!

We were at Disney that same week... boy was it HOT! And we literally could've bumped into you at the last Villians show at MNSSHP... we were there meeting characters until the very end as well.

I'm looking forward to reading the next phase... your cruise!

Please come back and finish!

Kathy
Old 04-27-2010, 01:29 PM   #39
Goldeelox9

Day 7 - Cruise Day!!! November 5, 2009

We were so excited to start the cruise part of our vacation! I was up early and finished packing up any last minute items.

Our taxi was right on time at 9:15am and we headed off to Port Canaveral.

We got to the port around 10:30ish and went right to check in. It was smoth as usual. My sister and I got our rooms switched so that we could be next to each other. Since we booked Cat. 12 rooms we ended up with room assignements on differant ends of the ship. But once they switched us we were cneter ship and right next to each other! Perfect!

While I was taking care of that Alyssa met with some Characters.

She even made Captain Mickey get on his knees. LOL

Mickey left as soon as Alyssa was done her turn.

Someone was sooo sleepy! Must be nice to just nap anywhere huh?

We had to sit and wait maybe 15-20 minutes for our boarding number to be called. It was no where as nice as the No. 2 we got for being a wedding couple last year. I think we were in group 7 or 8.

In no time we were gettin gour pictures taken and heading onto the ship.

We had lunch in Parot Cay. I like it better then the buffet upstairs since they get you your drinks. One less thing to worry about carrying around.

After lunch we walked around a bit and then it was almost 1pm. We headed towards our rooms.

We would have unpacked some but we had no lugagge. Later that night we found our luggage in front of our old cabins. LOL

We had some Castaway Club goodies waiting for us.

Pete and I decided to go up to the deck and hang out for a while.

Pete got a iced coffee drink and we just relaxed. Laura and Brandon came up with Alyssa sleeping in the stroller and we were tossed out of the Cove area. Adults only. I love that Disney enforces this.

We got a table with some DIS cruisers that we met last year on our Disney Wedding Cruise. They are from Maryland too so we talked and visited for a while.

Then it was about time for the life boat drill....oh Joy...so Fun...NOT! It's my least favorite part of the cruise.

Look how much my princess has grown in a year.....

Look who got stuck in the infant life jacket.

LOL...Soo funny!

After the life boat drill Pete and Brandon took the life jackets back to the room and Laura and I went up to save us seats for the sail away show.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:37 PM   #40
Goldeelox9

Day 7 - Cruise Day - Part 2!!! November 5, 2009

So Laura and I secured us seats for the sail away party on deck 10. We wanted Alyssa to be able to see. We got a table and chairs for us all right next to the railing.

We had a few Sail Away Drinks

We just sat and relaxed until the Party started! I LOVE the sail away party!

Alyssa sisn't know what she was waiting for, but kept wanting to look aver the railing.

My Dad adores her!

YAY...It's finally Party Time!!

Alyssa didn't move for like the whole party. She was so interested and captivated! It was so fun to watch her see it all!

The Party was over and we all headed to our Cabins to get ready for dinner.

I took a few pictures on the way!

My Dad and Alyssa loved playing on the top bunk. LOL

Once everyone was done playing and getting dressed we headed down to Dinner. It was in Animators Palate. On the way to dinner we saw Mickey coming up the stairs.

Alyssa ran in for a hug!

Mickey stopped for a second, but then needed to move on. he was heading to have dinner with Minnie. LOL

Dinner was great.

Mushroom Risotto. MMM

I hate that Alyssa has her darn pacifier in her mouth for all of these pictures. But she was so tired and we just wanted to keep her happy and quiet.

Laura's dinner was So tasty.

Until she found a hair in. She told the waiter who calle dthe head chef and the Head waiter over. It was a big ordeal! It cracked me up, Laura was so imbarassed!

Our waiter caught me taking a picture. LOL

Old 04-29-2010, 02:38 PM   #41
Goldeelox9

The rest of us enjoyed our meals.

See the lemons in my glass. Our waiter kept me supplied every meal. I had a little bowl set out just for me.

We ordered desert. Sorry I can not remember which each thing was, but it was tasty!

Every single night of the cruise Laura and Alyssa each got a Mickey Bar! MMM...love Mickey Bars!

They brought out a specail anniversary cake for Pete and I!

Alyssa sure enjoyed her Mickey bar!

Again this year we didn't have a great table for Animators Palate, so I have no progress pictures. Just this one fromt eh color changing end.

Dinner was over. We were so rushed, or so it felt like we were. We had the early dinner, but I much prefer the late seating. They let us close down the place each night of the Wedding cruise. On this sailing we felt so rushed since we had to be out for the late seating to come in.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:47 PM   #42
KathyRN137

Hi Lisa!

Great report! I've never been much interested in cruising... even Disney cruising... but you are beginning to convert me.

Happy Anniversary! I went back and read your entire wedding report... I enjoyed that very much! I feel as though I was a guest at your wedding!

Kathy
Old 05-04-2010, 12:46 PM   #43
Goldeelox9

Day 7 - Cruise Day One - Part 3 or 4!!! November 5, 2009

Day one of the cruise was action packed!

After Dinner we went to the attrium to visit Mickey and Minnie! Mickey had left so we had to settle for Goofy! He kinda scares Alyssa, I think it's because he is so tall.

She was teething the whole trip. Poor kid!

Goofy sat down and she crawled onto his lap. Guess he wasn't so scary once he was more her size.

Minnie was next.

I think that they make the attrium dingy so you feel like you need to buy their pictures. LOL Next time I am bringing the big flash with me.

Yes my niece is kissing her reflection in the floor....LOL

We still had some time before our show so Pete and I went to deliver some of our fish extender Gifts. I made Mickey Ears for the cabin Doors!

We stopped by to check out the theature since Pete didn't make it there during the wedding trip.

While we were delivering our prizes we ran into our cabin guy from the last cruise. He remembered us by name and asked how we were doing. He was working in the room we would have had if we didn't switch to be closer to my sister. How odd is that!

We walked all over the ship! Some people had such decorated doors!

It was show time.

We got pretty good seats. I love the Golden Mickey's! Alyssa did too!

At this point the show stopped...Something was wrong with the stage. We left instead of waiting for them to fix it. We all knew how it was going to end. LOL

We stopped to do some shopping before heading to Studio Sea.

We got to Studio Sea Early to get a table. We ordered some drinks and then they passed out numbers. I wanted my number called so bad! I knew I could win. LOL

MMm Lime....

My number never got called...I would have won too, I knew al the answers. At the end they picked a few numbers for door prises and Brandon got one.

Alyssa was enjoying the kids club while we enjoyed the game and the clubs.

We headed to Route 66 at this point for a while. I can't remember what we did though.

Then it was back to the cabin for some much needed sleep!

Old 05-04-2010, 03:22 PM   #44
KathyRN137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeelox9 View Post
Yes my niece is kissing her reflection in the floor....LOL

Very funny! Little kids do love looking at themselves!

Quote:
We still had some time before our show so Pete and I went to deliver some of our fish extender Gifts. I made Mickey Ears for the cabin Doors!

Such a cute idea... kind of like Secret Santa!

Okay,silly question: How do the decorations stick to the doors? Are the doors metal?

Quote:
We stopped to do some shopping before heading to Studio Sea.

This pic is priceless!

Kathy
Old 05-04-2010, 03:34 PM   #45
Goldeelox9

Quote:
Such a cute idea... kind of like Secret Santa!

Okay,silly question: How do the decorations stick to the doors? Are the doors metal?

It is like a secret Santa....We got lots of Music CD's and Pens and Pirate Patches! It was alot of fun.

The Doors are Metal, except for the Cat. 1 doors. I guess if you are paying 7K for 3 nights of cruising they feel you can have a wood door! LOL

Quote:
This pic is priceless!
I know right....He would die if he knew it was on the internet for everyone to see....LOL

Cruising is AMAZING!!!! It is my favorite vacation! We are heading on a 7 night cruise in January! I am so excited. I wish January wasn't so far away!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: