Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2009, 03:18 PM   #1
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

10/30-11/8 - Alyssa's 1st Trip & my 1st Anniversary ASM/TreeHouseVillas/DisneyWonder

Cast:

Lisa - Planner 11th Trip to Disney
Pete - DH 3rd Trip

Laura - Sister 5th Trip
Brandon - Brother in Law 3rd Trip
Alyssa - Niece 1st Trip

Dad - Dad (lol) He will be joining us on the Cruise!

We stayed at the All Star Music for two night, then four nights in the Treehouse Villas and finished off with 3 nights on the Disney Wonder.

Back Story: Pete and I were Married last year on Castaway Cay, November 4, 2008. We started planning an anniversary trip and wanted my Sister and her familyto join us. Alyssa was read for a trip of her very own. We planned 99% of it with Alyssa in mind!

DAY ONE – October 30, 2009

The night before we left I finished my last minute packing and I fell into bed around midnight. Our Alarm did not go off and we were woken up by my Sister calling at 5:30am! I jumped out of bed and into my clothes so fast. Thank goodness we had showered the night before.

She got to Alyssa’s house and she was tired! We put luggage tags on and loaded all up into the car. Check in was a breeze at the airport and after a quick Breakfast we were boarding the plane.

The flight was uneventful. Alyssa didn’t mind it and watched her “Mosies” (Movies) while we flew. We landed 10 minutes early and headed right to the Magical Express!

We got on the bus and poor Alyssa had a mini breakdown. She was exhausted. She fell asleep 3 minutes before we pulled up to the All Star Movies resort. Laura and I went to Check in and Brandon tried to find a quiet place to sit or stand so Alyssa could sleep.

Before we were done check in Alyssa was awake and looking for her “Mama”. At check in the gave her a cool Halloween balloon. The man Checking us in was great and found us rooms that were next to each other and ready at 10:30am! YAY! We were in the Fantasia Building. On the end closest to the food court and pool. It was a perfect location!

Alyssa was fussy she needed a nap BAD. We started heading through the lobby to the doors to the hotel room area and I was holding her hand. We walked out of the doors and we were hit with humidity like middle of summer. Alyssa spotted the pool and got so excited. She started yelling. Pool, Swim! Pool, Swim! She started right to the pool and was pulling her shirt off at the same time. We were all laughing so hard. Thankfully we caught her because she did not even see the steps leading down to the pool area. LOL We got to the room and Laura, Brandon and Alyssa got their Bating Suits on. We all headed to the pool.

I took some pictures and then Pete and I told the rest of them good bye. We were going to head to down town Disney while they napped (after their quick swim).

Pete and I got a bus pretty fast and we got to Downtown Disney in no time.

We headed to Wolfgang Puck Express for lunch. MMM it was so good. I got the Chicken Salad Sandwich and Pete got the Mac & Cheese and we split both.

After Lunch we shopped around some and then went to make our own Tee shirts. That was fun! After we did that we hit up our favorite Christmas store in the world and sadly didn’t buy anything. I took this to show Jill the secection.

I also took this picture....It's a Glamour DON't for sure! Pete about died when he saw me snaping pictures of this...LOL Thank god for the zoom lens!

We realized it was getting late and we had to get ready for dinner so we hopped a bus back to the All Stars. Alyssa was waiting for us when we got there and she looked sooo stinking cute!

We got a bus to the Magic Kingdom (why was it so hot out) and then transferred to the Monorail to the Contemporary.

Chef Mickey was waiting for us!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West; February 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; February - 2014 - Grand Californian; May 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney Magic B2B, Bay Lake Towers; May 2014 - Wilderness Lodge for Star Wars Weekend; August 2014 - Old Key West, Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream
Old 12-04-2009, 03:20 PM   #2
Goldeelox9

DAY ONE - Part 2

Alyssa really liked the busses and not being strapped in. When we checked in they couldn’t find out reservation. I thought the time was at 5:00 and Laura though 5:30. the CM checked and checked and nothing! UGH! She got us in anyway. (Later we found out half of our reservations were under my maiden name???? Opps) We posed for our Picture with Chef Mickey and Alyssa was in love. She was so sad to walk away from him. Dinner was pretty good. But we were really there to see the Characters! Goofy came over first and Alyssa was pretty scared. She didn’t cry but she sure didn’t want him to touch her.

Next up was Minnie or “Minn-a” as Alyssa called her. Again she was sooo excited to see her.

But nervous if Minnie got to close.

Alyssa ate very little and watched the Characters until they were out of site. After Minnie, Donald (DonDuck) showed up. Alyssa has been in love with DonDuck for months, but once there she decided that the girls (Minnie and Daisy) were her favorites.

It was a few minutes of peace and we all ran to get food.

Then Mickey came.

After Mickey walked away Alyssa wanted to know "Where Mic Go?"

I love this picture of my Sister and Alyssa! soo cute!

Alyssa enjoyed the napkin swinging part! She swung napkins the rest of the trip...lol

Alyssa was getting warmed up now. We were there so long the characters started coming back again. Donald stopped by again and Alyssa gave him a high five and the four adults at the table all broke out in applause. LOL How funny!

Pluto came over and Alyssa was scared. She is scared of real dogs and Pluto was no different!

Minnie was behind Pluto so we needed to see her again. Hugs for Minnie!

Then almost 2 hours later dinner was over! LOL

Pete and I got the monorail back to the Magic Kingdom and Laura, Brandon and Alyssa headed back to the hotel with a quick stop at Downtown Disney. I was so angry with myself since I had forgotten Laura’s Christmas present. We were going to give it to her at dinner since the Dolphin swim was at 9am the next morning.

So we were at the Magic Kingdom…yay.

I need to start each and every trip at the Magic Kingdom. I teared up when I saw the castle! Pete and I headed to Tomorrowland and rode Buzz!

I won, I won, I won!

Then we still had a bit of time before the desert party so we went into the Carrousel of Progress. My Favorite attraction! BUT everyone started texting me and they were all there and I was stuck in 20 minutes of “It’s a Great big Beautiful Tomorrow”!

Once out of there Pete and I bee lined to the Desert party to try to get them to move Our party and Sandy’s closer…No luck! BUT then I found all the girls! YAY! Jenna, Mikkel, Tracy, Sandy, Vanessa!

We can’t forgot the boys and kids too! It was so great!

We all talked for a long time and we were the last people let into the desert party! We totally could have snuck Mikkel and Tracy in, but being the honest person Mikkel is and the Disney employee that Tracy is the declined my law breaking Offer. We had great seats right in the front and so did Sandy and Vanessa! YAY!

We had some yummy deserts and posed for pictures in front of the castle.

The photographer was the grumpiest Disney Employee ever! Closer, closer, closer! OMG shut up dude!

Then Wishes started, it was magical as always!

After the fireworks people cleared out fast. We sat and talked, then we realized that Sandy and Vanessa were still there. YAY. We went over and joined them. Then Mikkel and Tracy came back over. I slipped my wristband off and Mikkel slipped it on and went up to the buffet to get a few deserts. They were cleaning up by this time. We then walked out and Mikkel a few car stickers before we headed to the Monorail. We took it back to the Grand Floridian with Mikkel and Tracy and then walked to the Wedding Pavilion (ahh love it) to get in Mikkel’s car. She drove us back to the All Stars (what a windy place that parking lot is?). She wouldn’t let us pay for her gas when she stopped to fill up, I really wish she would have. She did so much for us this trip!

It was late when we got to our room and Laura was asleep. Darn! I set the wake up call early to get up and go to her room to give her the surprise. LOL Pete went to get Soda and I crashed and went to sleep! What a long, fun, first day!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West; February 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; February - 2014 - Grand Californian; May 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney Magic B2B, Bay Lake Towers; May 2014 - Wilderness Lodge for Star Wars Weekend; August 2014 - Old Key West, Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream

Last edited by Goldeelox9; 12-04-2009 at 04:43 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2009, 07:12 PM   #3
dislaney
faithlovepixiedust

Alyssa is adorable. Love her dress! Sounds like your off to a great start.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:23 PM   #4
Goldeelox9

Thank you! I got her Dress on Etsy. Love it! We got so many compliments on it!

Old 12-04-2009, 07:50 PM   #5
mla1977
I dream of living in Bay Lake Tower for the rest of my life!

Hi there! I remember reading your PJ, but I never finished it. I've kind of disappeared from the Wedding boards for now (hopefully some day soo though!). I'm enjoying your TR so far!
Old 12-06-2009, 10:46 PM   #6
Goldeelox9

DAY TWO - October 31,2009 - Part One

I set my wake up call for early early I called and woke Laura up at 7:00am. She informed me that Alyssa had been up for a few hours in the middle of the night and that she wasn't getting up yet. I made her meet me outside and I gave her the card I made. She was really excited to find out that her and Brandon would have three hours in the Living Seas Pavillion learning about the Dolphins and spending time in the water. This was her Christmas Present from Pete and I!

Pete and I were going to get Alyssa ready and head to the park to see some characters and ride a few rides before Laura was done her Dolphin in Depth Experience....BUT Miss Alyssa fell asleep and took a 2.5 hour nap. She fell asleep in my arms at 8:00am and at 9:30 I had to lay her down so I could go to the bathroom.

Pete and I finally woke her up at 11am so she could have breakfast and we could meet Laura and Brandon in Epcot. We got dressed and she had some Sausage (SaSa) and then we waited for a bus to Epcot. By the time we finally got there Laura and Brandon were done and they met us at the entrance. The LOVED it and said it was just the coolest experience. We posed for some pictures of course before heading to lunch.

We didn't get 20 feet into the park before we saw Daisy! Alyssa LOVES Daisy. We got inline and were up to see her in no time.

Look at her checking out Daisy's shoes...LOL

Alyssa talked about Daisy for the next 3 hours...NON STOP!

Right next to Daisy was Stitch!

After we saw the Characters we headed to Lunch. Laura and I had lunch at Le Cellier in Canada and Pete and Brandon ate at the Germany Buffett. They drank sooo much beer that afternoon! LOL.

It is so pretty in this resturant!

And so Pretty outside of it.

I don't think I mentioned it yet, but it was like 96 degrees this day with 99% humidity. HOT!!! Poor Alyssa's face was soo red! LOL

Us girls finished before the boys so we stopped to see a few of our favorite people.

Alyssa smiled in the funniest way the whole first half of the trip! LOL

Still not loving Pluto...LOL

She loved Miss Minnie Mouse so much!

Alyssa still wasn't so sure about Donald Duck...LOL

After seeing Goofy we went into Inoventions to cool off some. Laura loved the Fire Exhibit since she is a firefighter. I got her to pose for a picture.

We met back up with the boys and decided to go through Space Ship Earth before we headed back to the Hotel for a nap before the Halloween Party!

It was fun to see Laura and Brandon's reaction to the new part at the end. LOL

Alyssa was sooo tired so we headed back to the All Stars. We got to the nice cool room stripped off our clothes and laid down. Then 2 minutes later I jumped up, put my suit on and Pete and I headed to the pool. We stopped and talked Laura into coming with us while Brandon and Alyssa napped. The pool was sooo awesome! So refreshing!

Old 12-07-2009, 06:15 AM   #7
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Loving your report so far, and your pictures are beautiful!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 12-07-2009, 09:38 AM   #8
Goldeelox9

Thanks so much...Nice to see another Baltimore girl here!

Old 12-07-2009, 01:20 PM   #9
Goldeelox9

October 31, 2009 - DAY TWO - PART TWO - Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

After our hour or so in the pool we got out and showered and got ready for the night. We headed to the bus and were at the Magic Kingdom in 10 minutes or so. Alyssa was entertaining on the bus. She was acting like a monkey.

We got off the bus and plopped Alyssa in the stroller and guess who was asleep before we walked through the gates. LOL

This was our first Halloween Party and I was blown away. Main Street looked amazing!

Now let me use this time to tell you to NEVER EVER go on Halloween. It was more packed then I have ever seen the Magic Kingdom. It was aweful. I think the fact that it was still 95 degrees didn't help.

We headed up Main Street and was just in awe of the Halloween Decorations. We ran into some Evil STep Sisters on our way to the Haunted Mansion.

We decided since Alyssa was Asleep we would ride some rides and watch the second Parade. Jenna, Sandy and Vanessa all watched the first parade. I was sad to not spend more time with my friends this trip, but it was so busy!

Laura and Brandon went on the haunted mansion first, then the line trippled! Pete and Just decided to skip it and we got some water and people watched. Once Laura and Brandon were done we headed through Fantasyland to Cosmic Rays to get some dinner. We were starving. We hit up all of the Candy Stations on the way.

We saw "NoWhite" but the line was so long and Alyssa was still asleep. after seeing Jenna's pictures I wish we would have waited.

Once inside we sat right next to Sonny Eclipes and it was sooloud. Alyssa woke right up. We all ate and then walked around some, got some more Candy and got amazing spots for the fireworks!

We didn't take the tripod and i so wish we would have! All of these pictures were taken freehand.

Alyssa LOVED them. She kept pointing and saying "Ohhh whatsthat? Ohhh!"

Old 12-07-2009, 01:21 PM   #10
Goldeelox9

October 31, 2009 - DAY TWO - PART THREE - Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

I loved them too, the story was amazing and the 360degrees show was out of this world!

After the Fireworks I took off to save us a spot for the parade. Pete said it was too hot to sit on the ground so i was trying to get a bench over near the Liberty Tree Tavern. ON the way I found my favorite Witch and her friend Minnie.

Don't they look great!

We got our spot. Alyssa Laura and I sat on the ground and Pete and Brandon took the bench. I hate saving seats. I hate mean peole who get mad at you for saving seats. But I did it! LOL

I had brough glow sticks and Laura brought Alyssa's light up pumpkin from last year. She was set.

We were entertained by some dead singers while we waited. LOL I am so glad Alyssa doesn't know what she should be afraid of yet. LOL

Alyssa was so good while we waited. She had some lolly pops and candy. Look at that cheek all full!

My one goal for tonight was to get a good picture of the headless horseman. I think I did pretty well.

The Parade was hands down the best I have ever saw in Disney!

It really held Alyssa's interest! Look how hot she looks:

I love the VILLIANS. LOVE THEM! I always have. I was so happy to see so many of them!

I love how Disney switches these out all year long.

Old 12-07-2009, 01:22 PM   #11
Goldeelox9

October 31, 2009 - DAY TWO - PART FOUR - Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

After the parade Alyssa was beat so we headed towrads the castle to get a spot for the Villain show and Laura and Brandon and Alyssa head back to go to bed! The Villian show was GREAT!

What was even more great was the fact we could meet the Villians. Ekk! I jume dinto the line for the Evil Queen first! I was so excited, it was like I was a little kid!

Then my Silly Husband went next.

Did I mention the lines were so long for everything!!! Next we got in line for Malificaent. I didn;t think we would make it. We were the last people whe got to meet! YAY!

After that we headed up Main Street and Pete bought me the soundtrck from the party! I love it! Then we took a few pictures and headed to wait for EVER for a bus!

See ya Real Soon!

Old 12-07-2009, 01:32 PM   #12
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

I love your fireworks photos! So pretty! And I really like the picture of you with Malificent!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 12-07-2009, 01:42 PM   #13
Goldeelox9

Thank you. I went a bit overboard with the fireworks pictures...I didn't even post 1/2 of what i took! LOL

Old 12-09-2009, 09:43 PM   #14
DaisyDuckSis
Earning My Ears

your pictures look fantastic!
Old 12-15-2009, 12:29 PM   #15
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Your pictures came out great! Especially the one of the Headless Horseman!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: