Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2009, 08:14 AM   #61
imLissy
Mouseketeer

oh golly, I still have dreams about the original ride. It really left an impression on you. Such a shame.
imLissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:24 AM   #62
psac
DIS Veteran

I was never on the original, only the current version 3-4 times. Every trip it's worth a ride, and it's always good for a guaranteed smile on your face.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2009, 08:32 AM   #63
kayla87
Mouseketeer

I'm glad to see so many people come out in support of Figment!

After my first trip, I told my husband I was okay never riding it again. Then, the song got onto CDs in the car and I love the song! I consider it a must do now, but I find the ride disappointing. I'm more in love with the concept of promoting imagination and the finale song than I am with the ride itself.

Cheshire Figment, thanks for the information you posted from the shareholders meeting. As a relatively recent Disney convert, I had no idea about Dreamfinder or some of the other information you posted. Thanks to Robo as well for the overview of the ride's history.
kayla87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:52 AM   #64
airman
DisneyNerd

our DD was completely enchanted with the Journey ride (the first version) when she was 3. It wasn't unheard of to do the 3 to 4 times in one day. When we went back in 2000, what a let down. The new version is OK, nice break and the music is simular from the first one. Hopefully the next refurb will go retro and bring back most elements of the original ride.

">
airman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:19 AM   #65
AdamsPrincess
I leave you people alone for just a minute look what happens, everything's gone to pot!

I like Figment and I like the ride!

AdamsPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:21 AM   #66
CdnCarrie
DIS Veteran

My kids had to ride it 5x last trip.
CdnCarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:25 AM   #67
xipetotec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeysMagicalMiles View Post
Come on, nobody likes figment, or do they?
The ride isn't too bad but it is no Pirates of the Caribbean. Please state your comments on the subject!
:r otfl2:
I like Figment, and my 11 DS loves him. Even in the new incarnation.

xipetotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:29 AM   #68
Doc CW
Dallas Cowboys Football #1

I like figment, he can do anything he wants, he is only limited by his imagination
Old 12-04-2009, 09:31 AM   #69
Golf4food
Mouseketeer
Male pirate last time I checked... yep, still male
Tazicket will always be my sexy penguin

The old version was one of my favorites. I only marginally tolerate the new one.
Mar '14 - Offsite; Nov '13 - Offiste; Sept '13-Offsite; Apr '13-POFQ; Jan '13-POR; Dec '12-POFQ:Baby's First WDW Trip; March '11-Offiste; Nov/Dec '10-AKL/CSR; May '10-POR Pre-Dining Review-Dining Report; September '09-ASMu & DxDP Dining Report; December '08-POR; September '08-ASM; June '07-One day surprise park hopping extravaganza for DW; December '06-CBR; March '05-CBR; Many visits as a child

Golf4food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:24 PM   #70
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
NOTE: When they put Dreamfinder and Figment back into ride, they did not put back all the track, so the ride is shorter and not impressive at all. The removed track sections made for more shop/souvenir area, so I guess money was more important than the ride. Duh.
I have information from an extremely reliable source (in WDI) that the original track, including the turntable, is still in place and a raised flooring was installed over the track. Both the Disaster and the current version use part of the original track where just a small amount of tract was added to reduce the size of the loop. If they ever are going to do a rehab to bring back something similar to the original a lot of what they would need to do is just remove the flooring.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:31 PM   #71
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
When Figment returned, he brought the song with him.

The song is the actual finale to the current ride.

(You must have been so unimpressed with the revision, overall, that
your mind was numbed into missing the tune. )

That must be it because I definitely don't remember the song being in it
I'll have to pay special attention when I go in May...

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:57 PM   #72
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

I like the ORIGINAL ride...Not the crap it became after the first re-design, nor the crap it became AFTER the 2nd re-design..But I do love that little guy.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:37 PM   #73
daannzzz
OMG...Theres my favorite scrambled egg salad
Enjoys the magic of Disneyland in December
: I am becoming a bit more adventurous in my dining habits

The original was one of my favorites. I loved the presentation with the opening scene of Dreamfinder and Figment on the Dreamcatcher and then finally moving off into the ride. I do think it needed updating and they could have kept the scenes similar but used new technology for some incredible scenes but they decided that peoples attention span is to short so they cut the ride time in half and threw in a bunch of equipment that looked like an IT center. I did like the connect the dot scene but they pulled that out in the second redo. Hopefully they will see fit to do something completely different on the next remodel.
daannzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:39 PM   #74
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Talking

We love Figment, but again it has to fdo withthe original ride. Not just the ride, but the Imagination studio that came after the ride. It's such a shame what happened to all that. The new post show is so minor compared to the original and what it was for the time. I can remember spending over an hour there, and my dad finally dragging us out.

They could do SO much more with the whole thing!

I like Eric Idle very much, but the image of him with all the make-up is ghastly. (I want to say silver make-up, as to look like the man-in-the-moon.)

Not just the ride, but WDW could do SO much with the post-ride, that just isn't being done.
mickeyluv'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:41 PM   #75
VBsHustla
DIS Veteran

I love Figment! Loved the original ride when I was very little, but I honestly like the current version as well.
Next time I see you, I'm giving you a high five. 'Cause hugs are overrated, just FYI.

VBsHustla is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: