Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer

Funniest Storys From 50's Primetime Cafe

What are all your favorite/funniest storys from 50's?

Never been there but I heard its fun and trying to convince my dad to allow us to go there. (we have free quick service dining)
Bertnie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #2
Lady_Gracey999
Happy Hauntings...

Last time I went our table didn't get bugged too much, but there was a large party next to us whose server used EVER trick in the book! It was HILARIOUS. He made them sing, got onto them for elbows, chastised a guy for not eating his veggies, and so much more! It was awesome!

"Your cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding..."

7/1988 - Offsite, 9/2008 - CS, 6/2009 - SS Villas, 9/2011 AKL-Kidani, 6/2012 Offsite, 5/2014 DLH

Lady_Gracey999 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #3
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

On Thanksgiving last year, DH got busted for texting at the table. Was put into time out & had to hold a napkin up against the wall with his nose.

MinnieGirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #4
GreenCntryGirl
The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieGirl33 View Post
On Thanksgiving last year, DH got busted for texting at the table. Was put into time out & had to hold a napkin up against the wall with his nose.

Mimi, Papa, Daddy, Uncle Alec, and Boo
Star Wars Weekend 2013
All Star Music
GreenCntryGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:17 PM   #5
rpk1951
DIS Veteran

First time we took our daughter in law they asked her if she washed her hands in the bathroom. She said yes. They asked the color of the soap. She guessed wrong and had to go back and wash again.
rpk1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #6
TinkGirl28
Mouseketeer

We have not had very many exciting servers in the last couple of years, but about 3 years ago we had a good server. I refused to eat my vegetables so he sat down next to me and fed a large fork full of them to me doing the "airplane" noises. One time when I was younger, a server caught my mom doing something and made her stand with her nose against the wall and had everyone in the room say, "shame, shame, shame" at the same time. It was hilarious. I have found the antics to be very hit or miss lately, but I used to love how years ago, nobody was immune from being disciplined by a server.

TinkGirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #7
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Last visit in March, our server asked one of our party if she was done with her spaghetti and meatballs. He proceeded to sing "On Top of Spaghetti" very loudly, complete with reenactment. Last I saw, that meatball was heading towards Tower of Terror, leaving a tomatoey trail behind it on the floor.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #8
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertnie20 View Post
What are all your favorite/funniest storys from 50's?

Never been there but I heard its fun and trying to convince my dad to allow us to go there. (we have free quick service dining)
just a quick note (I've never been there) - I'm pretty sure 50's Primetime is a TS not a QS so you'd have to pay OOP.
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies

Our new favorite thing to do (between Disney trips) is posting DHs photos on foap - he's under guanojoe (how funny is that?!)
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:38 PM   #9
CanadianPaco
Canadian
I was 5'4" because of my big hair

These stories are awesome..... More....
Aug 2009 - ASMu / Aug 2010 - POFQ
Aug 2007 - HoJos - DL / April 2009 - HoJos - DL
Aug 2004 - ASMo / July 2005 - Pop
CanadianPaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #10
TheAceOfAces
That's the biggest Shih Tzu I've ever seen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpk1951 View Post
First time we took our daughter in law they asked her if she washed her hands in the bathroom. She said yes. They asked the color of the soap. She guessed wrong and had to go back and wash again.
I overheard something similar to that once! There was a guy (not in my group) who had come back from the bathroom, and a waiter asked him if he washed his hands. When he said yes, the waiter asked if the soap was liquid or a bar of soap. I might add that it was powder soap at that time (this was at least 10 years ago), so neither one would have been correct.
As for stories involving my own family, there are lots of those, too. For example, on my very first trip in 1997, my mom didn't finish her green beans. The guy whose name tag said "Dad" (for those who don't know, they always have two older CMs playing "Mom" and "Dad" there) came over and did the "here comes the plane" thing and made my mom eat more green beans.

Another one involves a trip with another family that my family is friends with. This group had a total of 4 adults and 5 kids, so we had a table for the adults and a table for the kids. All of us kids ordered the peanut butter and chocolate shakes, and one of the girls from the other family knocked over three of them. The waiter came over to clean it up, and we saw that his name tag said "Topher," so my older sister and the girl who had knocked the shakes over (they're the same age) started calling him "Topher the gopher." His response was "you know, when girls your age make up poems about guys, it means they like them." Similar antics went on throughout the meal, and I sincerely hope our parents tipped him well (this was before the dining plan or anything similar existed).

Most recently, my sister and I went there on our trip in 2011 that was just the two of us. Our waiter basically was Neil Patrick Harris' (Barney from How I Met Your Mother, if you didn't know) lost twin, both in appearance and behavior. He gave my sister crap for texting at the table, plus he accused her of licking her plate when he saw that she had used her pork chop to wipe up all the barbecue sauce on the plate. He also had some hilarious responses to the light-up MJ glove I had gotten at Captain EO and brought there with me (we had hoppers). The best, though, was when he found out she was celebrating her birthday and brought her an ice cream sundae with popcorn as one of the toppings.
Past trips: 1997 Contemporary/Polynesian; 1998 Contemporary; 2000 Wilderness Lodge; 2001 Caribbean Beach; 2003 Swan; 2006 Off-property (never again...); March 2010 Pop Century (RIP Legendary Years...); May 2011 Pop Century (still dreaming of the Legendary Years...); Summer 2012 Disneyland (first time there!)
TheAceOfAces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #11
pooh4evr
Mouseketeer
In STL we drink soda and eat barbecue, use realators, eat sherbert, and drive on rout farty far

In 07 the grandpa in our group got in troule for getting out of his seat and walking around to look at the decor- They made him stand in the middle of our seating area and sing "I'm a Little Teapot"-- he didn't know the words...

In 09 my mom got in trouble for not finishing her green beans, and the server fed them to her.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #12
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Morning Dewdrop

just a quick note (I've never been there) - I'm pretty sure 50's Primetime is a TS not a QS so you'd have to pay OOP.
Yeah I know. That's why I need to convince my dad if we were on the reg dp it wouldn't be a problem
Old 07-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #13
kaligal
DIS Veteran

I didn't really want to be the center of attention, so when instructed to eat my green beans, I hid them under the potatos, which worked swimmingly until my friend ratted me out.

They announced it to the room and fed them to me, airplane noises and all.

WCC once brought me a ginormous Sprite with a ginormous straw and told everyone I drank too much and to avoid me in the pool.
Fantasmic sucks.
kaligal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #14
Pirate Me

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb."
Did no one come to save me just because they missed me?

Hearing all these stories, I wish we had more involved servers. Both times we are here were just like being served at any other restaurant.

Home Resort: BCV
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of
view . . . until you climb into his skin and walk around in it." -Atticus Finch
Pirate Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #15
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer

And these are sooo funny. keep em coming

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: