DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2009, 12:57 PM   #1
zebsterama
Mouseketeer

Question Dining Plan Planning & Birthdays - Logistical Questions

Hi,

I was hoping to get a couple of planning questions answered in regard to booking meals with the Dining Plan. First some background. We have stayed at DIS before, but this time we will be renting points from a DVC member. On our previous trip - as with this trip - we will be getting the Deluxe Plan (too much food yes - but we're on vacation!! )

Anyway, here are my questions:

1) When the DVC member is booking for my family my understanding is that they will book the vacation in my family's name and that they will have to tell the DIS member representative that my family wants to have the deluxe dining plan (please correct me if any of this is wrong). At the moment of booking/committing their points for the reservation over the phone, will the DIS representative provide the DVC member a reservation number? If yes, can my family then use that number to book our dining reservations right away? I guess I'm wondering if the reservation number comes via the confirmation letter or over the phone (or both) – and do we have to wait for some reason and/or is there anything else that we will need to make our dining reservations?

2) My daughter will in all likelihood (depending on how we plan it) be having her birthday while at Disney. She will be moving from the 5 year to 6 year mark ! This is still in the junior category for dining from my understanding. Does Disney need to know this fact (her birthday change) for some reason when booking the vacation itself, or when asking for the dining plan?

3) We are obviously not DVC members, and we are booking by renting points. Is there anything special that Disney might do (obviously we will plan something for her --- I think going to Disney World for 9 days is pretty special last time I checked ) since it’s her birthday? Should we tell them – is there any benefit? Wondering if there is anything special that Disney traditionally does or can do? I'm not really looking for a discount or a perk - rather a special something to make her day EVEN [if possible ] more enjoyable.

Thanks again to everyone's help with these questions.

Cheers,
Zebsterama
zebsterama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:07 PM   #2
Disneycouple99
DIS Veteran

1.You are correct. Both on the reservation number. If you are within the 180 days you can make your dinning reservation without a reservation number.If you are outside 180 + 10 then you need a reservation number.

2.Does not matter to disney.

3.When checking in let them know it is her birthday. When making dinning reservations let them know as well. You will get a button at checkin. With dinner, you never know what you might get.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2009, 01:58 PM   #3
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

5 to 6 years doesn't make a difference. It's when it's 2 to 3 or 9 to 10 that there's a price difference.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:07 PM   #4
5forDiz
DIS Veteran

Dining Plan can be added to your reservation up to 2 days before your check-in date so you can add it or change type of plan if you wish up to 48 hours before but that call will need to be made by the member who you're dealing with. When the member you are renting from makes your DVC reservation they can tell you the reservation number and most will send you the confirmation letter that they receive by mail if there is time to do so before your trip.

Your daughter's birthday can be noted on any reservations but there is no guarantee that any special somethings will happen; you can mention it at the restaurant podium as well when you arrive & to your server when you are seated, also stop at City Hall at Magic Kingdom for a complimentary Birthday Button and I think other theme parks have them as well but I'm not 100% sure where at Epcot, DHS or AK. You can also order a cake for her as well (various sizes / prices available) and have it at restaurant; you can ask Disney Dining for more info on this or someone will no doubt be along to tell you exactly how to do it.

5forDiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:59 PM   #5
zebsterama
Mouseketeer

Thanks to everyone for their help/answers!

Cheers,
Zebsterama
Old 12-07-2009, 02:29 PM   #6
zebsterama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneycouple99 View Post
1.You are correct. Both on the reservation number. If you are within the 180 days you can make your dinning reservation without a reservation number.If you are outside 180 + 10 then you need a reservation number.

2.Does not matter to disney.

3.When checking in let them know it is her birthday. When making dinning reservations let them know as well. You will get a button at checkin. With dinner, you never know what you might get.
Sorry just to follow up - can anyone please confirm? Question - WE now have a reservation number, however the booking doesn't start until July 14th 2010. With my reservation number can I book now - or do I have wait until we're 180 days from July 14?

Also we are staying until July 24th. I'm assuming I can book all of meals 180 days from July 14th? --- in other words I don't have to call back every day with an additional reservation corresponding to the 180 day window, can I book for the entire trip 180 days from my check in date?

Can someone please clarify?

Thanks very much!

Zebsterama
Old 12-07-2009, 02:37 PM   #7
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebsterama View Post
Sorry just to follow up - can anyone please confirm? Question - WE now have a reservation number, however the booking doesn't start until July 14th 2010. With my reservation number can I book now - or do I have wait until we're 180 days from July 14?

Also we are staying until July 24th. I'm assuming I can book all of meals 180 days from July 14th? --- in other words I don't have to call back every day with an additional reservation corresponding to the 180 day window, can I book for the entire trip 180 days from my check in date?

Can someone please clarify?

Thanks very much!

Zebsterama
You can't booking dining reservations until you are 180 days out from your check-in date if you are staying at a WDW Resort. You will be able to make dining reservations for up to 10 days of your stay at the beginning of the 180 day window.

Those that are not staying at a WDW Resort can make dining reservations up to 180 days prior to the day they wish to dine.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:14 PM   #8
Disneycouple99
DIS Veteran

You can call on Jan. 15 and book for reservations upto July 23 because you are staying on site.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:12 PM   #9
zebsterama
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone thanks very much clarifying!

I have to make sure I call on Day 1 and book the Cinderella Dinner thing for my daughter's birthday; won't that be a treat.

OK last question - apologies - can someone please tell me what time WDW opens their phone lines (I'm in the Eastern time zone like our Florida/WDW friends) so I can book as soon as the window of opportunity opens up?

Cheers,
Zebsterama
Old 12-07-2009, 08:25 PM   #10
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebsterama View Post
Hello everyone thanks very much clarifying!

I have to make sure I call on Day 1 and book the Cinderella Dinner thing for my daughter's birthday; won't that be a treat.

OK last question - apologies - can someone please tell me what time WDW opens their phone lines (I'm in the Eastern time zone like our Florida/WDW friends) so I can book as soon as the window of opportunity opens up?

Cheers,
Zebsterama
7:00am

Online reservations open earlier - I've heard as early as 3:00am.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: