Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2002, 09:33 PM   #31
DemonLlama
Ultimate WPASADI Co-Winner
I Miss WDW!
Needs to catch up to Dan Murphy's post count
The Lizard Queen
Magnificent Creativear

Some info on the pool, and if anyone in the know can confirm the pool stuff in the original thread is really StormAlong, I will be sure to take that out!

From LH@OKW:
Great post on Boardwalk, but I THINK one paragraph under "swimming" belongs to Beach Club, not Boardwalk.
From DISposter, about long slide, partly in the dark, not allowed for nonswimmers, etc; really sounds more like Storm-a-Long Bay at Beach/Yacht Club than Boardwalk.
We were at both pools in June ("pool hopping" is a Disney Vacation Club perk). Beach Club pool slide is like a ship, have to go across boardwalk, away from main pool area, to the ladder. At that end of the ship is separate shallow pool w/ a CM lifeguard. CM asked my DD for a swim test (she had been wearing lifevest from the resort). She passed test, wo/ vest, but not allowed to wear vest down slide. I thought that slide was very fast for a pool slide. Also, a water current at bottom of slide; so you do need to be a strong swimmer. (CM asked that DH or I please be at bottom for DD).
Luna Park pool (Boardwalk) not as long, don't remember if it went through any tunnel. It was great fun, though. Our daughter wore her life vest on this slide, no problem. (CM at top of slide at all times). Vest, by the way, was free of charge from Community Hall, we used at different pools, and Blizzard Beach. Free of charge may be a DVC thing too, not sure. Good photo ops from bridge at Luna Park, and bottom of slide. Bring a waterproof disposable camera. Just don't remember a second short kiddie slide at this pool though.
Wanted to send you a PM, because not 100% sure w/ pool descriptions-- maybe DVC board will have people who have used these pools more than me who can answer. (We are relatively new DVCers)
Have a great great trip (we are going for quick 4 day trip in Nov, first time at BW -- villas, though).

THANK YOU!
Old 08-12-2002, 03:50 PM   #32
vicb
DIS Veteran

I think LH@OKW is correct. That sounds like SAB to me too! The Keister Coaster goes under a walkway right at the Clown's mouth but not a dark tunnel. My DS was 6 at the time we were there and was able to go down the slide with no problems (over and over and over...) and he was not a "strong swimmer". There is a guard at the top when the slide is open and one on the edge of the pool in that area keeping an eye on things.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2002, 09:09 AM   #33
vicb
DIS Veteran

Bumping back to page 1!
Old 08-13-2002, 01:26 PM   #34
Ona
šoš Disney Dorks founding member šoš

Does anyone have any idea how late you can rent the Surrey bikes? We saw them on our last vacation and they looked like great fun. Don't know if we'll make it up the hill though :D. But we'll give it a go.

Ona
Old 08-13-2002, 04:22 PM   #35
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Does anyone know of a site that has a map of BWV that lists room numbers. I've seen them for most of the other resorts.
Old 08-14-2002, 04:01 PM   #36
Leslie
Mouseketeer

Question pool

How late are the pools open? Is there always a lifeguard there? Is the slide always open? TIA
Old 08-14-2002, 04:35 PM   #37
glo
"Has a heart bigger then all of Cuba" :)

Just read this for the first time...great info!

(me) (DH) (DD23) (DD17) (DD17)
Old 08-14-2002, 10:58 PM   #38
vicb
DIS Veteran

One day of our 7 day visit the slide was closed for cleaning and "waxing". I don't know how often that happens. We were there during a cool week in Feb. The latest we swam was around 7pm but I think the pool was open till 9 or 10.... it was pretty chilly those nights!
Old 08-16-2002, 10:16 PM   #39
DemonLlama
Ultimate WPASADI Co-Winner
I Miss WDW!
Needs to catch up to Dan Murphy's post count
The Lizard Queen
Magnificent Creativear

Thanks for the replies -- anyone know the answer to Leslie's question about the lifeguards?
Old 08-19-2002, 12:26 PM   #40
vicb
DIS Veteran

Bumping back up for those interested in room # info.:D
Old 08-19-2002, 01:30 PM   #41
dbail2
DIS Veteran

The lifeguard is there and slide is open till 10pm but the pool is open 24 hours.....This was when we were there....
Old 09-04-2002, 02:25 PM   #42
hightown
I feel need for speed--Rockin' Roller Coaster

I'll be at the BWI for the first time in November w/DD(8) and DM(69). CAN NOT WAIT!

My main concern is a location central to main elevator, bus and boat for Mom. She's going through some mobility problems now. Do any of the standard rooms closest to lobby have EPCOT views?

Course a comp'd upgrade would be terrific. We'll be checking in there after the NJ, soap people and Vet day people leave. I don't think it will be a packed house. Don't know if I have the guts to ask but do any of you know how liberal BW is at upgrading on their own?

Also, has anyone been offered an upsell or manager's special to go concierge here? I've seen that at other resorts. If so, how much? Is BW's concierge service really good? passable?

Thanks for your help....Sharon

18 TRIPS BETWEEN 11/99 AND 06/08. Have stayed at: POFQx3, POR, WLx2, BWI, YCx2, AKLx3, POLY, CBR, CSR, POPx2, SSR, Dolphinx2, HARD ROCKx2, Royal Pacific

DISNEY WONDER 5/12/05: WWTBAM MILLION POINT WINNER #97 CRUISE
Old 10-19-2002, 09:33 AM   #43
hightown

We'll be at the Boardwalk 11/12-16 on the 2nd leg of our trip. Our first time there. The first will be Wilderness Lodge 11/9-11, repeat customers.

We've gotten two different pretrip mailers from the Wilderness Lodge. Not a lot of information but nice advertisements going thru the W/L highlights. A nice touch and gets the excitement/anticipation up.

We haven't received anything from the Boardwalk. Do they send out anything in advance of the trip. Would think since they are a higher delux than W/L they would do something.

Thanks!

18 TRIPS BETWEEN 11/99 AND 06/08. Have stayed at: POFQx3, POR, WLx2, BWI, YCx2, AKLx3, POLY, CBR, CSR, POPx2, SSR, Dolphinx2, HARD ROCKx2, Royal Pacific

Old 10-20-2002, 02:10 AM   #44
Mississippian
DIS Veteran

Thanks for starting the info thread

We're staying at Boardwalk Inn next month, having stayed at the Villas a couple of years ago. Info about this resort is sorely lacking, the the FAQ page is great to see.
Old 10-20-2002, 09:46 AM   #45
hightown

BUMP

Mississippian, Have you gotten any kind of mailer from Boardwalk? 'looking for ward to seeing you' sort of thing? 'here's what do to' info???? We've gotten nice stuff from Wilderness lodge and I'm really surprised that BWI does nothing.

We leave in 18 Days!!!! Will be at the BWI 11/12-16. When will you be there?

I wish there was more activity on this board from BWI fans. ARE THERE FANS OUT THERE???

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: