Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 07:50 PM   #151
minniesota
Land is a good thing, too
Glad to be of service!

Hey BWI CL experts!

I have never been to BWI and am planning a 15th anniversary for me and DH in early December. I was able to reserve a garden suite but am also interested in the deluxe concierge room. What do you think? I like a balcony and I think there are only 3 garden suites with balconies. Does anyone know what those units are like? Where is the balcony in relation to the suite? ALso, what is the view from the garden suites (other than the obvious!) Can you see Illuminations or any of Epcot? Are the suites terribly far from the concierge lounge? Thanks for your help!
Old 09-21-2004, 03:55 AM   #152
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Yes, the suites are a ways from the lounge. You have to go back inside the building, up the elevator and down the hall to the lounge. The views are of the quiet pool and if you go outside you may be able to see some of the high fireworks from Illuminations. They are beautiful and roomy and very romantic. That being said, I would rather stay in a deluxe room, have 3 booked for Oct., They have great views of the Boardwalk and I love sitting and people watching. However, some are on the 4th floor, lounge floor,nd some are on the 3rd or 5th floor. Just make sure you let your planner know you want to be on the 4th floor.
The BW is my favorite place to stay and I stay there twice a year. The cast is wonderful there. Have a great trip.
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2004, 07:19 AM   #153
mom_rules
LOVES the Yachtsmen!
HATES snakes!!!

KerryCM-would you know how many CL BW view rooms there are? Are they all located on the 4th floor? My confirmation from my TA says Deluxe but IPO says its just a regular BW view room.
Beach Club concierge/Wonder Mar '05
Boardwalk Inn Concierge Oct 2004
Carribean Beach Resort Oct 2004
Yacht Club Concierge April 2004
All Star Music April 2004
Grand Californian Concierge-Disneyland September 2003
Beach Club May 2003
Beach Club May 2001
Coronado Springs May 1999
Carribean May 1996
Offsite October 1987

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-21-2004, 08:38 AM   #154
minniesota
Glad to be of service!

KerryCM - Thanks for the info - BWI sounds wonderful! Was it you who mentioned that your daughter had a king size deluxe concierge room? Where was it located? There is a picture somewhere (I thought it was on laughingplace, but can't find it now) of a king bed in a deluxe room and it looked fabulous. Not sure how many king rooms there are but thought that might be nice. I've heard varying opinions on the noise level in those boardwalk rooms. What was your experience? My DH wants the extra room so a regular room won't cut it - thus the deluxe or garden suite. Hmmm..maybe 2 nights in each would be a solution!

We will be at BCV in Oct. with my parents and sister's family before moving to a GF 2-br suite. Can't wait to celebrate mom and dad's 75th birthdays with Mickey!
Old 09-21-2004, 08:50 AM   #155
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

mom_rules First all of the deluxe rooms are BW view, but not all deluxe rooms are on the 4th floor. Ther are quite a few of the BW view regular concierge rooms. I am not sure exactly how many. There really aren't that many deluxe rooms at all. I have 2 booked plus a BW view room. None of my confirmations say deluxe but I was told the code on it indicates deluxe.

minniesota My son and his wife had a king room for their honeymoon. It was right after you walked in by the locked doors. It is in sort of an alcove. they loved the room. When in Oct will you be there? I am there from the 14th -29th. I know I will see mom_rules there. The extra room is nice, but the regular king rooms are very roomy. I don't find it noisy at all with a BW view room.. It is nice to sit on the balcony and people watch!
Old 09-21-2004, 09:10 AM   #156
minniesota
Glad to be of service!

KerryCM - We will be there Oct. 16-23! We are doing the MNSSHP on the 17th, and we have an Illuminations cruise on the 19th. I also have a Wishes cruise reserved but we are still deciding on that one. We haven't seen Wishes yet and I think we'd like to see it from the park the first time. Not sure if it really matters, however. My mom and dad love to be out on the water and the Oct. trip is all about them.

Regarding the king deluxe room...my DH loves to have a separate reading area (he's a night owl and hates to keep me awake by reading in bed) so from the picture it looked like the sitting area was away from the sleeping area. Your daughter's room sounds wonderful - what store/building was below them? I'm trying to get a feel for where the deluxe rooms are located. Thanks for all your help!
Old 09-21-2004, 10:46 AM   #157
mom_rules
LOVES the Yachtsmen!
HATES snakes!!!

Thanks KerryCM-

We'll see both of you there!! Wear your green!
Beach Club May 2003
Beach Club May 2001
Carribean May 1996
Offsite October 1987

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-21-2004, 11:21 AM   #158
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

minniesota Their room was above Seashore sweets, I think. I will check when Carri comes to pick my grandaughter up! i babsit for them.

I have an Illuminations Cruise for the 16th. it is beginning to look like it will be just Jim and I. Madyson may be too scared of the noise and Carri's parents aren't sure if they will be meeting friends that night! Oh well, it will be fun anyway. I am going to the party the 17th also. Both Carri and Madyson will be Snow White!
Old 09-21-2004, 03:12 PM   #159
minniesota
Glad to be of service!

KerryCM - Thank you - that would be great! I love the way Madyson spells her name. I'll be looking for two adorable Snow Whites. We are all Minnesota Twins fans and they will be in the playoffs in Oct. so you may see a band of 8 Minnesota Twins fans at the party. Say hello if you spot us!
Old 09-23-2004, 10:53 AM   #160
iluvwdw_2002
Smile and ALWAYS have fun!!!

I am considering booking this resort for my next trip. Is it a good resort for a couple with no kids?

Old 09-23-2004, 05:20 PM   #161
Cinderella37
DIS Veteran

It's an excellent resort for a couple with no kids. My fiance and I don't have kids and LOVE the BWI. The location is fabulous - you can walk to Epcot and to MGM. The nightlife is wonderful: ESPN Club, Atlantic Dance, Jellyrolls, Belle View Lounge (inside BWI). You can be entertained until 2:00 in the morning without having to leave your resort.

There is a quiet pool, but I prefer Luna Park. The chairs are scattered thoughout, rather than being shoved up against one another. It's fun just to get a drink and sit on the BW and people watch. Getting a BW view room also affords this luxury.

We used to stay at the GF and there were way more kids there than at the BWI. It's truly a delightful place. If you're interested in concierge, they're the best on property.

Polynesian: every year from 1980 to 1996
Grand Floridian: every year from 1996 to 2003
Boardwalk Inn: Dec 2003, July 2004, July 2005, March 2006, December 2007, December 2008, December 2009
Back to GF: December 2006

Old 09-23-2004, 06:53 PM   #162
iluvwdw_2002
Smile and ALWAYS have fun!!!

Cinderella37,

Thank you so much for the advice!! I think I am sold on this resort...I don't know why i didn't think of this one for our trip we took this past May.

Woo-Hoo!!! Now I can't wait!

Old 09-27-2004, 08:57 PM   #163
Dreamin' Disney
Pirate Princess

BUMP!

I am giving this thread a friendly bump as it took me a long time to find it today.

I have two questions:

1. Just wondering from anyone who stayed at Concierge recently, did you have a separate checkin? A previous post mentioned that a curbside checkin for concierge level guests was on its way.

2. Also wondering on opinions out there whether to request a Boardwalk view or Epcot/Illuminations view. I don't know that we'll be in our room at 9 pm. Even it we're at the resort, we'll probably be in the lounge and can watch Illuminations from there.

I am a bit concerned that the Boardwalk rooms might be noisy. Has anyone been dissatisfied with their Boardwalk room on the concierge floor due to noise from the clubs and boardwalk?

PLANNING 1st DISNEY CRUISE FOR NEW YEARS!
Old 09-28-2004, 06:37 AM   #164
mom_rules
LOVES the Yachtsmen!
HATES snakes!!!

Dreamin'Disney-that's so coincidental! I had those same questions and was going to post this morning.

Giving you a "leg" up since I'd like to know as well!
Beach Club May 2003
Beach Club May 2001
Carribean May 1996
Offsite October 1987

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-28-2004, 07:57 AM   #165
vicb
DIS Veteran

FYI.....

This thread can always be easily accessed by looking at the top of the resorts board and clicking on the Resort FAQ thread, it is an opening to the FAQ threads for each resort!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: