Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 12:01 AM   #1501
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascargirl View Post
If U had Wings you have chosen a wonderful resort. Even bettter CL which we absolutely just love. DH and I stay there 3x a year and I stay there for my girls weekend in OCT. The CM are awesome. You can have the IPO make your ADR ahead of time. If you find during your stay you want to change or make additions, the CM up in the Innkeepers Lounge can do that for you. If for some reason a BWI view is not available, ask for a room facing Paris. If you decided to stay in your room one night during the fireworks, you will be able to see them from the balcony. The other option is to watch them from the balcony up in the lounge. Yes you can enter early through the International Gateway. You will need to let the security guard know.
Thanks for the tips! I can barely wait until I leave! Do you know if IPO will get in contact with me before the trip, or do I need to contact them before hand if I'd like them to make my ADRs?

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 08-04-2009, 01:14 PM   #1502
Dorthyc
Earning My Ears

boardwalk and international gateway

can u get into epcot from international gateway at 9 am when the front part opens and just walk through?
thanks
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2009, 01:15 PM   #1503
bsbrady
Disney Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthyc View Post
can u get into epcot from international gateway at 9 am when the front part opens and just walk through?
thanks
Yes you can.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:14 PM   #1504
domco
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinm View Post
If I request a ground floor room, standard view, will the patio face the gardens or parking lot? Should I request a different view or higher floor? I am having a hard time understand the BW map so not sure if the resort is all connected or separate buildings. I have always tried to get a room on the lobby level because it is quick to get in and out of and last time at WL we had a bunny family that visted us.
The lobby level is the 2nd floor in the BWI. A standard view on the second floor could face the front driveway or the courtyard or quiet pool in the back. The ground level or 1st floor standard rooms would be one level down from the lobby and would face the courtyard or quiet pool. Your patio would be on the grass level. You would need to take the elevator or stairs inside to get back up to the lobby and out to the Boardwalk from the ground level rooms, or the outside stairs from the internal courtyard back up to the lobby level. You cannot exit to the Boardwalk itself from the ground level, without going back up to the lobby and out. From the second floor rooms you can walk through the building to the lobby and out to the Boardwalk.

The Inn side of the resort is all connected, except the for small building (standard rooms) between the quiet pool and the courtyard - it is connected on the second floor, but not on the ground level.

Sounds confusing I know, it will all make sense when you see it!

Deb
Old 08-04-2009, 03:59 PM   #1505
sfbank
DIS Veteran

erinm-We have been staying at BWI since DD was 4. She has always loved it. It does seem more formal in the lobby than some other resorts but it is also a very relaxed atmosphere, especially out on the Boardwalk at night. I think your family would like it just fine. We do not stay anywhere else and I now visit two times a year as I make a girls only trip in October to meet up with Nascargirl Enjoy!

Old 08-04-2009, 04:58 PM   #1506
blissventure
Thinks oeufs ā la neige is the best dessert that was ever invented!

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
Thanks for the tips! I can barely wait until I leave! Do you know if IPO will get in contact with me before the trip, or do I need to contact them before hand if I'd like them to make my ADRs?
Hi If U Had Wings, I emailed the IPO pretty soon after I booked. I put my last name and my ressie number as well as dates in the subject line. (I read this somewhere on the Dis, and it works well.)
You'll get a standard reply first...just a form notification the IPO received your email. Then you should hear from them w/in about a day or less.
I've found them to be very helpful. When I was several weeks out from my booking date, I emailed my ADR requests to the IPO. You can also contact them by phone. Either way, by email or by phone, they were great to work with.
Have fun planning a fantastic vacation!!

Old 08-05-2009, 09:34 AM   #1507
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissventure View Post
Hi If U Had Wings, I emailed the IPO pretty soon after I booked. I put my last name and my ressie number as well as dates in the subject line. (I read this somewhere on the Dis, and it works well.)
You'll get a standard reply first...just a form notification the IPO received your email. Then you should hear from them w/in about a day or less.
I've found them to be very helpful. When I was several weeks out from my booking date, I emailed my ADR requests to the IPO. You can also contact them by phone. Either way, by email or by phone, they were great to work with.
Have fun planning a fantastic vacation!!
Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to send off an e-mail today. Now I just need to get together a list of ADRs.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 08-05-2009, 07:10 PM   #1508
jaycns
I am green with envy. Vanilla Ice is MY closet obsession!
I've got PUNKY POWER!
ppppfartttt - it was the SHOES! I swear!
It's wonderful to see the dropper of the poo

Very Odd Favor Request! :)

Hello Boardwalk Lovers!

I have a very ODD favor request.

This September, I am going to surprise my son for his 10th birthday...and I am hoping one of you Boardwalk lovers might be able to help me out.

I am taking my son for a special mom and me birthday trip. I would love to pack some special surprises into our trip with one of the main ones taking place at the BWI (this will be our first stay here).

Here is where my odd favor request comes in. Do any of you know the grounds of the Boardwalk well enough to help me come up with clues for a 'scavenger hunt' or 'treasure hunt' type activity? My fingers are crossed that someone might be willing and able to help a fellow DISer out.

I am hoping to have a handful of clues that lead him around the resort by way of telling him to head from place to place/thing to thing that he can see (maybe even a hidden Mickey or two) which will eventually lead us back to our room where a very special birthday cake will be waiting for him. I am so excited for him to see it...it will be Boardwalk themed with a carousel with elephants, monkeys and lions on it. Along with that I am going to talk to the club level CMs about doing a bit of shopping for me and having them hold the gift at the club level desk and hand it to him with the last clue (which I will drop off as we start our treasure hunt).

I know this might be one of the most strange questions about the Boardwalk yet. Please feel free to PM me with any information, suggestions of who to ask, where to look for the info or any other way to get the needed information.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 08:52 PM   #1509
jilliemom
Mouseketeer

I love BWI!!!

Just returned from a 5 night stay at the BWI. Wow, we loved this place!

We had booked our room through *************************** and got an amazing group rate. For those wondering about a standard room - we were in room 3287 right off the elevator. While the view wasn't great (overlooked some rooftops at the front of the resort) the closeness to the elevator was perfect. I thought it might be loud since the guest laundry room was on one side of us and the elevators were across the hall - but we heard nothing!!!

I did notice that we didn't have a couch in our room - like rooms I've seen in pictures instead we had an oversized chair. Didn't matter since there are only 3 of us. That was the only difference I noticed.

The beds - one word: WOW. They were incredible. We slept so well each night.

We will definately go back to the BW!!
Old 08-05-2009, 09:16 PM   #1510
Dolce27
It's kind of hard to ride with someone when your on vacation by yourself
I knew that impulsive decision would come back to haunt me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilliemom View Post
Just returned from a 5 night stay at the BWI. Wow, we loved this place!

We had booked our room through *************************** and got an amazing group rate. For those wondering about a standard room - we were in room 3287 right off the elevator. While the view wasn't great (overlooked some rooftops at the front of the resort) the closeness to the elevator was perfect. I thought it might be loud since the guest laundry room was on one side of us and the elevators were across the hall - but we heard nothing!!!

I did notice that we didn't have a couch in our room - like rooms I've seen in pictures instead we had an oversized chair. Didn't matter since there are only 3 of us. That was the only difference I noticed.

The beds - one word: WOW. They were incredible. We slept so well each night.

We will definately go back to the BW!!
Glad that you had an excellent trip! The only reason that I'm not going to Disney this year is because I cannot afford the Boardwalk along with my previously planned vacations. I went last Dec and stayed first time at the Boardwalk for a milestone b-day and didn't realize until I arrived what a difference it made to stay there vs. a Value or a Mod resort. For the very first time I enjoyed hanging out in my room. I had a boardwalk view room and would just sit out on my balcony for hours people watching below. When I'm at a Value or a Mod resort, I'm only there to sleep and that's it. I'm going back next year and it can't get here fast enough!
Old 08-06-2009, 09:36 AM   #1511
sfbank
DIS Veteran

jaycns-I would love to help you with some ideas. The Boardwalk resort would have lots of neat things and even just some "landmarks" There is a carousel in the lobby on top of one of the bench seats that sounds like would almost be a theme to his cake. The games down on the Boardwalk-basketball, water shooting, ball toss, etc. would be an idea but remember they are open late afternoon, evening. Luna Park pool is a definate one. The big arm on top of ESPN Club restaurant or right by it is the Boardwalk Bakery so you could say something about being a sweet place to tie the cake in. Seabreeze Point is the little pavilion on the walk over to EPCOT right off the Boardwalk. They have the old time penny crank movie machines down toward the elevators right off the lobby. There are hidden Mickeys along in the carpet that he could "follow" to your room. There are some ideas for you. If you need more just let me know!

Old 08-06-2009, 10:54 AM   #1512
jaycns
I am green with envy. Vanilla Ice is MY closet obsession!
I've got PUNKY POWER!
ppppfartttt - it was the SHOES! I swear!
It's wonderful to see the dropper of the poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbank View Post
jaycns-I would love to help you with some ideas. The Boardwalk resort would have lots of neat things and even just some "landmarks" There is a carousel in the lobby on top of one of the bench seats that sounds like would almost be a theme to his cake. The games down on the Boardwalk-basketball, water shooting, ball toss, etc. would be an idea but remember they are open late afternoon, evening. Luna Park pool is a definate one. The big arm on top of ESPN Club restaurant or right by it is the Boardwalk Bakery so you could say something about being a sweet place to tie the cake in. Seabreeze Point is the little pavilion on the walk over to EPCOT right off the Boardwalk. They have the old time penny crank movie machines down toward the elevators right off the lobby. There are hidden Mickeys along in the carpet that he could "follow" to your room. There are some ideas for you. If you need more just let me know!
Thank you so very much!! That was just the sort of information I knew someone must have and I was hoping that someone would share. YOU ROCK! Thank you again, I really do appreciate your help so very much!!!!!
Old 08-07-2009, 09:49 AM   #1513
RobinHoodGirl
Which way to Sherwood Forest?

Was with my travel-mate for my February trip to the Boardwalk and just found out her dad got confirmation that our villa is a Boardwalk view. Very excited about this

Oddly enough I was just about to mention how I hope we get a Boardwalk view when she let me know the good news. Just had to share!
Old 08-07-2009, 11:35 AM   #1514
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

I don't know if anyone has posted this: Spoodles sign is down, Kouzzina sign is up.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:54 AM   #1515
sfbank
DIS Veteran

jaycns-Happy to help out. Can't wait to be there again with my buddy Nascargirl for Food & Wine Festival. DD is already laying on the guilt trip again because she has a longer countdown than I do right now Hope you have a great trip and a very special birthday for your son. You will have a blast at the Boardwalk I know that, especially staying Club Level. The cast members are the best and will go out of their way to make your trip great

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: