Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2009, 03:51 PM   #1
nitsirk
Mouseketeer

Question; What's the best way to get a job at the Disney Parks?

I really want to work at Disney but I don't know how to go about getting a job there. I was going to apply online but I don't know how effective that would be. Then I was thinking of going to Casting but I don't know if you can just walk in and apply or what to expect. Has anyone applied before or any tips from CM's out there?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:52 PM   #2
Feralpeg
Diet coke lover
Can now visit the parks anytime
My DD, the movie star
Sean Bean...is he related to Mr. Bean?

You need to go to casting and fill out an application. Please be aware that they have not been doing a lot of hiring recently. Over the summer, the had a huge waiting list of people wanting jobs. I've heard that they have started to do some hiring. Good luck!
Feralpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2009, 05:02 PM   #3
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Couple different options, here is my best suggestion:

Fill out the on-line application, then schedule an interview with Casting. During your interview they will ask you which type of roles you are interested in. Some roles will have immediate openings (I know they are looking for housekeeping at the moment) others will have a "wait list."

If they feel you are qualified for a open position then they will get you set up to start with the company.

Unfortunately, most roles do currently have that wait list. When a position becomes available they will first offer it to part-time and seasonal cast members already trained or FT requesting a transfer (or a variety of other internal options). If there is no one on the internal transfer list then they will start working on that external list.

It's all based on a first come first serve basis, so they will take the next person off the list (not necessarily the most qualified). This is the way the hiring process has been negotiated with the many unions that serve Disney Cast Members.

You will be on the list for 6 months, if you are not called within that time you can call and have your name extended for another 6 months.

During your interview the recruiter will have the most up to date information on which roles have longer and shorter "waits." Please note that there is no way to know how "long" the wait will be, it is simply based on when a person leaves and it's hard to estimate that.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:12 PM   #4
SandrA9810
DIS Veteran

They are hiring again. But you do need to fill out the app online now.
Just a short while ago, you walked into casting and said "I want a job doing this" and they would hire you.
Just make sure you have a valid local address. They won't hire you until then. I've heard of many people being accepted, once they lived in the area.
SandrA9810 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: