Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 01:01 PM   #796
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran
 
smile4stamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!
Posts: 4,399

so good to see that Oscar did come back after the renovation. I'm also disappointed that the soup doesn't come in a bowl anymore. That soup is DELICIOUS! The Fried pickles sound good as well!

So sorry you didn't feel good while there. That is always a big bummer! I've been afflicted with colds there a few times.

Saying good-bye to part of your family had to be Bittersweet. Happy that you had spent some good times with them, sad they were leaving, but then happy again you still had more time at DL.
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:21 AM   #797
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets
 
deejdigsdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,354

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
so good to see that Oscar did come back after the renovation. I'm also disappointed that the soup doesn't come in a bowl anymore. That soup is DELICIOUS! The Fried pickles sound good as well!

So sorry you didn't feel good while there. That is always a big bummer! I've been afflicted with colds there a few times.

Saying good-bye to part of your family had to be Bittersweet. Happy that you had spent some good times with them, sad they were leaving, but then happy again you still had more time at DL.
Yes, I was happy to see Oscar back. I really hope I haven't seen the end of him. I can't remember if I mentioned earlier that some place in Vegas wants him. MGM Grand, maybe? That's what he told my sister. I can't picture him leaving his Disneyland post, especially with his wife being sick.

I was definitely happy we had another full Disneyland day to look forward to. But wow...my brother's family's absence sure was felt by all.

I just saw your ticker! How exciting! I sure could use some Disneyland snow right about now.
__________________
Done! It's 4 Trips in 1! Christmas, Spring, Halloween... Then Went Back For Ice Cream!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-26-2012, 12:42 PM   #798
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran
 
smile4stamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!
Posts: 4,399

I am going for a ridiculously short trip... Shorter than I have EVER done before. I am driving down after work tomorrow. I will have a few hours in the parks tomorrow (if I can stay awake). Full Park day Wednesday (but hours are only 10am-8pm) and then a few hours on Thursday before driving back up north to work Thursday night.

I think I may need a few high caffeine drinks in there!!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #799
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets
 
deejdigsdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,354

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
I am going for a ridiculously short trip... Shorter than I have EVER done before. I am driving down after work tomorrow. I will have a few hours in the parks tomorrow (if I can stay awake). Full Park day Wednesday (but hours are only 10am-8pm) and then a few hours on Thursday before driving back up north to work Thursday night.

I think I may need a few high caffeine drinks in there!!
A short trip is better than no trip. Have a great time!
__________________
Done! It's 4 Trips in 1! Christmas, Spring, Halloween... Then Went Back For Ice Cream!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:34 PM   #800
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets
 
deejdigsdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,354

Friday October 26, 2012

Time for an update!

So we left off with ending our Thursday at IHOP, and saying goodbye to half of our group.

On to Friday October 26th. Since a month has passed and I am noteless, I'll have to rely on the pictures to jog my memory.

DS12 wanted to eat breakfast in Disneyland one of our days. Today was the day, and River Belle Terrace was the place.

First, I headed over to Space Mountain to grab FPs for later. We hadn't gotten our fill of this ride yet. Everyone else headed over to River Belle Terrace.



On the way to meet the others, I stopped to take a picture of one of our favorites that we missed out on this trip.



Breakfast is served!

DS6's Mickey Mouse Pancake:



Somebody's Steamboat:



My Mark Twain:



As usual, the breakfast potatoes and sausage were very good, the eggs were interesting -- salvaged by a little salt and lots of pepper, and the biscuit was dry. I always pass my biscuits off to someone else no matter where we are. (OK, if my boys were to read that last sentence they would burst into laughter. Two of my boys had the same Kindergarten teacher, who referred to butts as "biscuits" -- as in "OK Kindergarteners...put your biscuits on the floor..." )

Our breakfast view...



After eating a meal, we tend to keep things a little mild ride-wise. We headed over to Jungle Cruise, which we hadn't ridden yet this trip. It was closed. So sad.

We moved on to the Tiki Room. My Sis50 wanted a picture of her earrings taken in a Tiki Room-ish area. She had sent a picture from the old Tahitian Terrace menu to the earring maker (found on Etsy, I believe) and this was the end result. $6 well spent, I say!





I never wanted to sit next to these guys when I was little.



I have to admit, tears stream down my face during this attraction. Sitting in the Tiki Room is the best way I know to be transported back to 1979.



I believe I was going to get FPs for Thunder Mountain, but the ride was down so no FPs were being offered. While I was gone, Sis38 treated my boys to a round of fun at the Frontierland Shootin' Exposition.



While they were shooting I moseyed on over to the Pioneer Mercantile across the way. I really wanted a picture of Creepy Pumpkin Guy. Here is my original picture of Creepy Pumpkin Guy in 2010. A partial picture, anyway.



My sister took a picture of me cozied up with Creepy Pumpkin Guy, which I sent to my husband with the caption "Jealous?"

I wanted another picture with him now, 2 years later. My sister had sent a picture of him to me a month earlier, so I know he was out for the season, but when I walked over there he was nowhere to be found. This is where he was supposed to be, surrounded by all sorts of Fall decor, but now there was nothing.



It was so bare...and non-Halloweeny. I asked a CM in the Mercantile what happened to him. In her "I'm not really supposed to give you any real answers" kind of way, she said that winter was coming and asked if I'd noticed the light dusting of snow on the Castle. Or something like that. I thought it was an odd display to move out early. It didn't look like a real time consuming thing to clear out, yet it was a great addition to Halloween Time. It seems like they could have left it up those last few days.

According to my pictures, we headed over to the Matterhorn next.

At 11:31 I was taking a picture of everyone with their guns at the Shootin' Exposition. At 11:58 I was taking a picture of my feet in line 5 waiting to hop into my bobsled.













Weird...no waterfall.



It makes me sad that this ride isn't as good as it used to be. I haven't really read any reviews of what the general consensus is regarding the new sleds, but I miss the old ones. The ride "feels" different too - slower and jerkier. I'm sad that I'll never be able to share a ride with my husband like this ever again:



Even though we were totally squished.

Sigh.
__________________
Done! It's 4 Trips in 1! Christmas, Spring, Halloween... Then Went Back For Ice Cream!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:23 PM   #801
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran
 
tksbaskets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 4,023

Fun update Deej! I love your picture of the ride number. Also, I might add if that was your DS at the Shootin' Range - she has some seriously toned arms.

Hope the Jungle Cruise opens up.

I always have tugs of nostalgia in the Tiki room too. 1976 in Disney World with my folks...
tksbaskets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:08 PM   #802
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets
 
deejdigsdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,354

Friday October 26, 2012 Continued...

Anyway, as I was saying 1 year and 4 months ago...

We rode the non-improved Matterhorn Bobsleds.

Ten minutes later my 4 guys were riding the Teacups. I went for a restroom break at one of the cutest restrooms ever (think playing card bathroom stall doors) and headed back to watch my guys on the Teacups. It turns out I missed them, but fortunately my sister took pictures of them spinning round and round.

After their Mad Tea Party, I gave the boys the park map and let them take the lead.



It was off to Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.



I remember the line being on the longer side, but we had a lot of Fantasyland rides to cover on this our last day as a family. We entertained ourselves by checking out the Hidden Mickey book:



And taking pictures of flowers:



OK, so maybe I was the only one entertaining myself by taking pictures of flowers.



I can assure you that my husband was doing no such thing.

My SIL texted while we were in line. We had said our goodbyes the night before, and early this morning they began their loooooong drive back home. Anyway, she said that her kids kept asking her to check the ride wait times on her phone and often wondered, "What do you think they are doing right now?"

Moving along to our next Fantasyland ride...at 1:10pm...something that I really know better NOT to do...King Arthur Carrousel. Actually the line wasn't bad at all. According to my pictures, only 10 minutes passed between riding Mr. Toad and hopping on the Carrousel.



More while-we-wait flowers:



Doubloon...rumored to be Lillian Disney's favorite horse on the carousel. Not sure if this is true or not.



On to Dumbo! I'm glad I can still get my older boys on this ride. My unposed pictures of them smiling ear to ear prove to me that I don't really have to "get" them on the ride against their will. We waited in line for 30 minutes. Not bad for a Friday afternoon on a party day.



It's 2:30 by this time and we are HUNGRY! So we were off to one of our favorite lunch spots...Hungry Bear Restaurant.



I love the peacefulness at the waterside tables. Even when it's busy there is still a calmness sitting by the water, tucked away from the hustle and bustle, watching the ducks, hearing the Mark Twain whistle, and waving to other guests as they sail by.

I didn't get any pictures of that serene scene, but here's a picture of what I ate... the Fried Green Tomato Sandwich and the best slaw ever. Very cool and refreshing.





Our calm and peaceful lunch came to a halt. My 9 year old son...um...well...I'll just show you a picture:



Yes, he managed to cover his shoulder in duck poop. I'm still not exactly sure how it happened. I do know that a duck didn't just fly over and poop on him. The wipes I'd been carrying around certainly came in handy.

While my husband was helping our son get cleaned up, I spread our Fast Passes across the table and took a picture. Gone are the days of Fast Pass stashes such as these:



OK, I better post this to see if it worked. I noticed photobucket is different since the last time I used it. Much longer codes. Let's see if this worked...


ETA: Good, it worked. My main reason for the edit, though, was to draw attention to the fact that this is post number 1313 for me. Disneyland's address!
__________________
Done! It's 4 Trips in 1! Christmas, Spring, Halloween... Then Went Back For Ice Cream!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117

Last edited by deejdigsdis; 03-31-2014 at 01:15 PM.
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:59 PM   #803
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!
 
Sherry E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 14,229
DISboards Moderator

deej!

It's as if you were just posting yesterday...hardly any time has passed since the last installment.

What a delight to see your photos again! I think that all of those flowers were definitely photo-worthy. So, so pretty.

I know that you -- as a fellow flower photo enthusiast -- probably know what I mean when I say that, after a while, one can become "flower jaded" and take them for granted or just not appreciate their beauty. Flowers are such a naturally a beautiful subject for pictures, as we know, but after a while they either all end up looking the same -- or the flowers in question are not particularly well-maintained and so they look a little wilted and drab.

Sometimes I find that I will stumble upon a gorgeous bed of bright flowers and, no matter which angle I use to try to get a halfway decent photo, there is one discolored, mangled or sickly-looking flower in the bunch that ruins the shot. And to crop it out after the fact could throw off the composition of the photo. So I often just pass by pretty flowers at DLR now, unless I can find a good, clean patch of them without any bad ones nearby!




About Photobucket - yes, Photobucket underwent a massive overhaul of their site last year (in fact, it was early last year). Initially they removed many features and much of the functionality, which enraged their users (both the paying and free account users). They took away so many options and changed the layout completely, making it very difficult to find photos, edit, etc. Everything was knocked out of the sequence many of us had saved our photos in, and the various "sort by..." functions were not there! I'd had my photos in the "Sort by File Name" order and suddenly everything was out of whack, so that trying to find one photo in an album of over 250 photos was like searching for a needle in a haystack.

I have well over 14,000 photos stored in one Photobucket account and several thousand photos in another, so you can imagine that anything that disrupts my ability to locate my photos and do with them what I want will infuriate me.

Many disgruntled Photobucket customers took to the Internet to complain. For a while, the Support staff left a few threads open in the Support section of Photobucket, where we all voiced our annoyance on a daily basis. When the complaints got to be too voluminous (and too angry), Support closed the threads and people continued complaining on the Photobucket Facebook page.

So, while the layout of the website is totally different now -- and there appears to be no way to download an entire album without doing it photo-by-photo -- Photobucket actually did pay attention to our many rants and complaints, and they re-implemented some features that we need. They truly seemed to be totally clueless about and unaware of how their customers were using their site prior to the massive overhaul! They didn't realize that most of us were doing specific things in specific ways.

One sneaky thing that Photobucket has done, however (because they want people to use up all of their bandwidth and/or storage space so they will have to pay more money), is to take away the ability to actually upload photos at a designated size. For example, in the past layout of Photobucket, if we wanted to upload photos at 640 x 480, for example, the photos could actually be "resized upon upload," so that the photo size that was displayed and stored was 640 x 480.

Now, of course, clever Photobucket removed that resize-upon-upload feature, but they have an option for the "display size." This means that when you upload new photos, they will be stored -- whether you like it or not -- at the original, gigantic size that most cameras produce...which uses up more bandwidth and storage space, of course. The photos can not resize upon upload. BUT you can choose to "display" the photos at certain sizes online. This means that the bulk photo uploaders (people who take hundreds or thousands of photos) will either have to resize all of their photos before uploading to Photobucket if they want to store smaller sizes, or they will risk using up a lot of their storage space and have to pay more money. The people who don't take a lot of photos won't have to worry about it too much.




One final thing -- slaw. You mentioned the slaw at the Hungry Bear. I have not tried that slaw as of yet, but now I'm curious about it!

I've never been a big slaw person but this past December I ate at Tangaroa Terrace in the DLH for the first time, and I ordered the BBQ chicken sandwich and slaw. This was an interesting sandwich in that the chicken breast was breaded with panko crumbs; the BBQ sauce had a bit of a kick to it (tamarind, I think??); and the slaw was green papaya slaw, if I recall correctly. All of those ingredients together made for an interesting flavor mix.

Are you an old school slaw type of person, or do you think you would enjoy green papaya slaw?
__________________
**...Rockin' my Disney Side since 1972 ... Now taking on the holidays, one photo (and one Superthread!) at a time...**

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:10 PM   #804
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran
 
mvf-m11c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,186

It is so nice to see you update your 2012 TR. You and your family were able to do a lot of rides that day and they weren't that long to get on which is a good thing. As always your pictures of the flowers at the parks are very nice. The food porn at Hungry Bear restaurant looks very appetizing.
__________________
(Disneyland Premium Pass Holder & D23 Charter Member)
First All in One Disneyland TR Thread on one thread

The New 2nd All in One Disneyland TR Thread

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014

Pictures of my Trip to the DLR on July 26th to 28th, 2014

Videos of my Disney Trips on Youtube
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:05 PM   #805
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran
 
tksbaskets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 4,023

Hi Deej! (*and Sherry and Bret),
I got the email notification and said to myself "Hey, isn't that Deej's thread?" So fun to get a surprise update. Great shots of the flowers and Dumbo.

Duck poop?? I guess where there are ducks there is... Bummer it's on your boy.

Shall we be looking forward to more updates? Sigh...I miss the days of the FP stash...we had to work within the system on our trip this past December.

Glad to hear from you!
tksbaskets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:46 PM   #806
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets
 
deejdigsdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,354

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
deej!

It's as if you were just posting yesterday...hardly any time has passed since the last installment.

What a delight to see your photos again! I think that all of those flowers were definitely photo-worthy. So, so pretty.

I know that you -- as a fellow flower photo enthusiast -- probably know what I mean when I say that, after a while, one can become "flower jaded" and take them for granted or just not appreciate their beauty. Flowers are such a naturally a beautiful subject for pictures, as we know, but after a while they either all end up looking the same -- or the flowers in question are not particularly well-maintained and so they look a little wilted and drab.

Sometimes I find that I will stumble upon a gorgeous bed of bright flowers and, no matter which angle I use to try to get a halfway decent photo, there is one discolored, mangled or sickly-looking flower in the bunch that ruins the shot. And to crop it out after the fact could throw off the composition of the photo. So I often just pass by pretty flowers at DLR now, unless I can find a good, clean patch of them without any bad ones nearby!




About Photobucket - yes, Photobucket underwent a massive overhaul of their site last year (in fact, it was early last year). Initially they removed many features and much of the functionality, which enraged their users (both the paying and free account users). They took away so many options and changed the layout completely, making it very difficult to find photos, edit, etc. Everything was knocked out of the sequence many of us had saved our photos in, and the various "sort by..." functions were not there! I'd had my photos in the "Sort by File Name" order and suddenly everything was out of whack, so that trying to find one photo in an album of over 250 photos was like searching for a needle in a haystack.

I have well over 14,000 photos stored in one Photobucket account and several thousand photos in another, so you can imagine that anything that disrupts my ability to locate my photos and do with them what I want will infuriate me.

Many disgruntled Photobucket customers took to the Internet to complain. For a while, the Support staff left a few threads open in the Support section of Photobucket, where we all voiced our annoyance on a daily basis. When the complaints got to be too voluminous (and too angry), Support closed the threads and people continued complaining on the Photobucket Facebook page.

So, while the layout of the website is totally different now -- and there appears to be no way to download an entire album without doing it photo-by-photo -- Photobucket actually did pay attention to our many rants and complaints, and they re-implemented some features that we need. They truly seemed to be totally clueless about and unaware of how their customers were using their site prior to the massive overhaul! They didn't realize that most of us were doing specific things in specific ways.

One sneaky thing that Photobucket has done, however (because they want people to use up all of their bandwidth and/or storage space so they will have to pay more money), is to take away the ability to actually upload photos at a designated size. For example, in the past layout of Photobucket, if we wanted to upload photos at 640 x 480, for example, the photos could actually be "resized upon upload," so that the photo size that was displayed and stored was 640 x 480.

Now, of course, clever Photobucket removed that resize-upon-upload feature, but they have an option for the "display size." This means that when you upload new photos, they will be stored -- whether you like it or not -- at the original, gigantic size that most cameras produce...which uses up more bandwidth and storage space, of course. The photos can not resize upon upload. BUT you can choose to "display" the photos at certain sizes online. This means that the bulk photo uploaders (people who take hundreds or thousands of photos) will either have to resize all of their photos before uploading to Photobucket if they want to store smaller sizes, or they will risk using up a lot of their storage space and have to pay more money. The people who don't take a lot of photos won't have to worry about it too much.




One final thing -- slaw. You mentioned the slaw at the Hungry Bear. I have not tried that slaw as of yet, but now I'm curious about it!

I've never been a big slaw person but this past December I ate at Tangaroa Terrace in the DLH for the first time, and I ordered the BBQ chicken sandwich and slaw. This was an interesting sandwich in that the chicken breast was breaded with panko crumbs; the BBQ sauce had a bit of a kick to it (tamarind, I think??); and the slaw was green papaya slaw, if I recall correctly. All of those ingredients together made for an interesting flavor mix.

Are you an old school slaw type of person, or do you think you would enjoy green papaya slaw?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
It is so nice to see you update your 2012 TR. You and your family were able to do a lot of rides that day and they weren't that long to get on which is a good thing. As always your pictures of the flowers at the parks are very nice. The food porn at Hungry Bear restaurant looks very appetizing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Hi Deej! (*and Sherry and Bret),
I got the email notification and said to myself "Hey, isn't that Deej's thread?" So fun to get a surprise update. Great shots of the flowers and Dumbo.

Duck poop?? I guess where there are ducks there is... Bummer it's on your boy.

Shall we be looking forward to more updates? Sigh...I miss the days of the FP stash...we had to work within the system on our trip this past December.

Glad to hear from you!
Sherry, Bret, and TK!!

Sherry, I know what you mean about the flowers. Remember that sorry bed over by the Haunted Mansion? Everything was dried up and so odd-looking, but it wasn't on purpose.

I'm so glad I missed that Photobucket chaos! What a nightmare.

I'm not a traditional slaw person. The first slaw I ever had that I liked was the zesty slaw from Big Thunder Ranch BBQ. It was vinegar-based instead of mayo-based. So much better. Then this slaw came along at Hungry Bear. I think they just call it "slaw." I think it just says "a side of slaw" on the menu. It's a mango jicama slaw, I believe. I'm not generally a mango fan but I love the slaw. I'm not generally a papaya fan, either, but I just might enjoy green papaya slaw.

Bret, Thank you! You're right, we had some pretty nice wait times for Fantasyland on a Friday afternoon on a party day in October. I can't imagine how many trips you've taken to the DLR since I last went!

TK, Yes, I hope to wrap this TR soon. It's been far too long! I may not remember many details from that trip back in Oct. 2012, but I still have plenty o' pictures to share. Look for another installment tomorrow.

How did the Fast Pass situation work for you? I've been wondering how things have turned out since they began enforcing the return time window. What is the general consensus? Shorter lines for FP? Less FPs being pulled?
__________________
Done! It's 4 Trips in 1! Christmas, Spring, Halloween... Then Went Back For Ice Cream!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:37 AM   #807
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran
 
tksbaskets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 4,023

Fast pass changes - well the return lines were much shorter. On our previous trip to DL the FP return line for TOT was longer than the stand-by line in the evening.

We did have to alter out touring plan to make sure that we were back at the window of the FP but for the most part it was fine. There were a couple of times we didn't get a FP because the return window was during a time that didn't work for us.

Still a bit sad to night have a fist full to use at the end of the day...
tksbaskets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:00 AM   #808
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets
 
deejdigsdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,354

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Fast pass changes - well the return lines were much shorter. On our previous trip to DL the FP return line for TOT was longer than the stand-by line in the evening.

We did have to alter out touring plan to make sure that we were back at the window of the FP but for the most part it was fine. There were a couple of times we didn't get a FP because the return window was during a time that didn't work for us.

Still a bit sad to night have a fist full to use at the end of the day...
That is pretty much what I fugured. Thanks for the answer, TK.

Off to update!
__________________
Done! It's 4 Trips in 1! Christmas, Spring, Halloween... Then Went Back For Ice Cream!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:55 AM   #809
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets
 
deejdigsdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,354

Friday October 26, 2012 Continued...

I can't remember what we did after lunch. The next picture on my camera was this:



Then this:


I know we didn't go inside.

And then this:



So somehow we went from lunch at Hungry Bear to Main Street. I'm thinking we went to put something in the locker???

Our family of 5 went off on our own for a bit for the first time. First stop:



Time to whip out that Fast Pass Stash! I know the 5 of us rode Space Mountain twice in a row. I always try to take a picture of our ride pictures. I took a picture of the first one at 4:19pm, and took a picture of the second one at 4:38pm. Not bad! Yay for using 2 FPs in a row! Little did I know that would be my last time to do that...

We had 2 more Space Mountain FPs so my husband rode with our 9 year old and I took our 12 and 6 year old boys for a train ride for some reason. I think we were headed to Splash Mountain but I'm not sure why we took the train. Apparently we boarded at the Main Street Station.



I do remember the parade going by. We enjoyed watching the excited party guests coming in, but felt a bit of sadness knowing our trip was winding down.



DS 12 was getting sleepy while waiting for the train to come.











Finally we boarded the train and got off in NOS, I guess, and then rode Splash Mountain. Splash was followed by a bit of treat shopping at Pooh Corner.

A few sweet treats:







I can tell it's been a while since I've been to Disneyland when I gasp at the prices of these treats. $4.99 for 1 cupcake? Seriously? I've yet to try a decent cupcake at Disneyland, but they sure are cute.



My 2 boys sharing some Mickey Head Truffles on a bench while we wait for my husband and other son to join us in Critter Country.



OK...I lost 2+ hours of what we might have done after Splash Mountain, since I don't have any more pictures until 8:00pm.

Backing up... I need to repeat part of the Disney Gift Card story. I am just going to copy and paste an explanation of said story from an earlier post as a refresher:

Now for the most frustrating moment of the trip. My parents got a Disney Visa before the trip, and in turn received a $200 Disney Gift Card. I was in charge of buying everyone's Disneyland tickets so my dad gave me the gift card to cover most of my mom's ticket price. I gave my husband the $200 Gift Card to pay for the meal at Boardwalk P & P. He came back and said they wouldn't take it. It turns out that the magnetic strip on the back had been mostly scratched off. Knowing my parents, I figured they must have thought they needed to scratch off an area to reveal a PIN or something. My husband didn't want me to say anything to my mom. I think he was picturing Drama at Disneyland. Not sure why since that's not really my thing. I knew how to talk to her without making her feel bad. I just needed to know if that was indeed what happened, and let her know to never do that again. So I nonchalantly talked to my mom and asked her if that's what she had done. I was right. My dad told her to scratch it off to get the PIN. I let her know we'd get it all figured out, but next time she doesn't need to do anything to the card. I didn't understand why the restaurant couldn't just plug in the card number by hand, but for some reason they couldn't. More on this later.

(The text in the original post contains lots of "headache" emoticons, just for the record!)

Time for the "more on this later" as mentioned in that post. I went to City Hall to take care of this whole $200 Disney Gift Card fiasco. Between standing in line and actually being "helped" I was there for 1 hour. (I might just say here that there were some extremely rude guests complaining about the most ridiculous of things. Wanting compensation because your child couldn't see the parade? Really? I might also add that every CM working in there during that hour handled all complaints very calmly. Hats off to them.) OK, back to MY complaint... I figured the CM that helped me could just manually punch in the card number, see that the Disney Gift Card was indeed unused, cancel it and issue me a new one. Not so. They brought in a guy that was referred to as "their top computer guy." After doing whatever it was that he does, the bottom line was that they couldn't issue me a new card, I couldn't use it to purchase food, but I was welcome to use it to buy merchandise. They couldn't explain to me why I couldn't use it to buy food (which is what I needed it for, we aren't big souvenir people...give me a Christmas ornament and maybe a t-shirt and I'm good) but merchandise was purchase-able. Yet at the same time they couldn't manually type in the numbers of the card and run it that way. So I'm not sure what the deal was. I left feeling frustrated. They were able to tell the gift card was indeed unused, but they couldn't cancel it and just give me a new one. But they did give me this as a consolation:



So with an unusable (to me) $200 Disney Gift Card in hand, the 5 of us headed over to DCA to use our pass to ride TOT.



I'm not sure how we spent the rest of the night. Maybe another ride on TOT?
I have another picture, anyway.



I do remember taking the boys to get some corndogs and my husband went to get some Frankenweenie food. One boy fell asleep at the table. I ended up taking that boy back to the hotel. My husband stayed with the other 2 and rode California Screamin' one last time. I began packing for our trip home the next day with a pit in my stomach. Our wonderfull vacation was pretty much over. I was kicking myself for not staying until close, but at the same time my middle son was done. It was better that I take him back than my husband, as my sis and I would spend a few more hours together just the 2 of us in the park the next morning. One last use of our APs.
__________________
Done! It's 4 Trips in 1! Christmas, Spring, Halloween... Then Went Back For Ice Cream!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117

Last edited by deejdigsdis; 04-02-2014 at 12:01 PM.
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:31 PM   #810
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran
 
mvf-m11c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,186

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejdigsdis View Post
Bret, Thank you! You're right, we had some pretty nice wait times for Fantasyland on a Friday afternoon on a party day in October. I can't imagine how many trips you've taken to the DLR since I last went!
It was good that you were able to go on the rides at Fantasyland during MHP. During your visit on Friday the 26th, I arrived in Florida during my WDW trip. It was nice to go during the Halloween season as well as the Food & Wine Festival at EPCOT where it is different compared to the Halloween season at the DLR. What was your last trip to the DLR? I have went plenty of times since the 2012 WDW trip. I have started a new DLR trip report thread since the old one doesn't have much posts left. Here is the link: Second All in One Disneyland TR Thread Universal Studios Hollywood - Dec 2013 #72 4/1


That was good to have all those FP's in hand to be able to ride the rides later that day where the stand-by queues can be very long in the afternoon to nighttime.

When you were at the Main Street Station and looking at the turnstiles to enter the park, it looks like it was going to be a busy day during MHP.

I'm sorry to hear about the gift card. I know that it can be a pain where you can't use it.

Good to hear from you after being away for a while on the threads.
__________________
(Disneyland Premium Pass Holder & D23 Charter Member)
First All in One Disneyland TR Thread on one thread

The New 2nd All in One Disneyland TR Thread

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014

Pictures of my Trip to the DLR on July 26th to 28th, 2014

Videos of my Disney Trips on Youtube
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Christmas cookie recipes?? Dismom+two Cooking 105 12-20-2010 12:38 PM
Aussie Disneyland Planners come on in and lets plan together :) aussiedaisy Disneyland (California) 3213 06-14-2010 06:16 AM
*Christmas A-Z* mandymouse UK Community Board 956 01-03-2010 12:04 PM
Dinner at Boma on Dec. 13,09 @ 5PM! Sits Available updated 12/09/09 DFD Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers 403 01-02-2010 04:30 PM
Cats IN the Christmas Tree....HELP!! LiLIrishChick63 Community Board 32 12-06-2009 11:03 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: