Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2009, 01:32 AM   #61
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart View Post
I loved your trip report and all the beautiful pictures! Thank you so much.

I'm so excited that you now have your DS9 with whom to share Disney magic! Wishing you many happy returns...
Thanks for reading along...I'm glad you enjoyed it! Yes, DS9 -- who is now DS10 -- definitely "gets it." I was so happy about that. He talks about it every day and tells me that he thinks about our trip all the time. He has a school assignment where he has been given a "new identity" as a famous person and needs to do an in depth research project on that person. His first choice was to do Walt Disney. Walt was already taken, so he ended up with his second choice...Martin Luther King, Jr. I thought this was so funny, seeing as how when he came across the Partners statue for the first time he asked if that was MLK with Mickey Mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Another DISer who loved your trip report! Thanks for taking the time to post. We leave a week from Saturday!!
Thanks, I enjoyed doing it. I hope you have a great trip!

Here's another Christmas tree picture I forgot to slip in earlier. It was taken at Coke Corner on our last night. I am partial to the traditional-looking trees. Lots of red and green.

deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:41 AM   #62
Yakety76
Mouseketeer

What a great last day It sounds like you all had a very magical trip.

I too fell into a funk after my first trip back- it had been about 20 years for me. Going three times in the past two years has really helped with that . Hopefully you all can make it back soon,
Yakety76 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2009, 12:13 AM   #63
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakety76 View Post
What a great last day It sounds like you all had a very magical trip.

I too fell into a funk after my first trip back- it had been about 20 years for me. Going three times in the past two years has really helped with that . Hopefully you all can make it back soon,
I've always had that post-Disneyland blah-ness my whole life, but I would snap out of it after a few weeks. I knew we'd most likely be going back the next summer and all was well. But wow, this current one feels like it is going to linger forever. Just that not knowing when I'm going back is really pulling a number on me. Last night DS10 saw a commercial for the Disneyland Christmas Parade and seems to be more excited about that than opening presents on Christmas morning!
Old 12-22-2009, 10:34 AM   #64
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

Just one more tree picture. And it's just part of a tree. My tree with my new favorite ornament. It fit in so perfectly with my pinecone/red balls/red wooden beads/other wood ornaments thing I have going on.

Time to go make some Peppermint Bark. I'm going to attempt the Williams-Sonoma recipe...hope it turns out.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:47 AM   #65
DisneySuiteFreak
DIS Veteran

I really enjoyed your TR! I am also one who guards my families safety to a t.You just never know what kind of weirdos there are lurking out there in la la land. Better to be safe than sorry. YOur photos were beautiful! Its helping me feel better about missing my first DL Xmas trip in more than 10years <sniff>. I really do appreciate you all posting your photos. Did you simply cop your kids out of the photos for posting online? Or did you intentionally take their photo w/out? I ask because I havent figured out how to do that (crop them out of the photo, etc.)
My June 2009 Summer Nightastic Photo Intensive Trip Report Disneyland, Magical Fireworks, Disney's Electrical Parade, Fantasmic!, Ride pics, SeaWorld, Aquarium of the Pacific and Knotts Berry Farm...Updated 3-17-2010 ~ Better late than never!

Previous Trips: 7/2012, Desert Inn and Suites; 1/2012, Hojos Bld 1; 6/2011 DL, Hojos Bldg 2; 9/2009 DL, Hojos King room & Pool Review; 6/2009 DL, Seaworld SD, Aquarium of the Pacific & Knotts Berry Farm, Fairfield Inn and more FFI; 1/2009 DL, Hojos; 1/2008 DL, Hojos Premium 2 Queen DL facing room; 1/2007 DL, Hojos; 1/2006 DL, Hojos; 12/2005 DL, Hojos; 10/2005 DL, Hojos; 12/2004 DL, Hojos; 12/2003 DL, Hojos; 12/2002 DL, Hojos; 12/2001 DL, Hojos; 7/2-14 2001 WDW & US IOA;10/2000 DL Desert Inn and Suites; 10/1999 DL, Anaheim Plaza, 10/1997 Anaheim Plaza...and many previous trips to DL as a kid... We are once again Deluxe Annual Passholders! Just went June 15-18, 2011, am planning a short trip in August 2011, and will be running my first Half Marathon in the Tinkerbell Half Marathon January 2012!!! Nikon D90, Nikon 18-200mmVR, Nikon 70-300mmVR, Sigma 18-50mm 2.8, Sigma 30mm 1.4, Sigma 10-20, Nikon 50mm 1.2 AI, Nikon 50mm 1.8, Nikon 85mm 1.8, Nikon SB800, and a whole bunch of other stuff to go along with it!
DisneySuiteFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:58 PM   #66
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneySuiteFreak View Post
I really enjoyed your TR! I am also one who guards my families safety to a t.You just never know what kind of weirdos there are lurking out there in la la land. Better to be safe than sorry. YOur photos were beautiful! Its helping me feel better about missing my first DL Xmas trip in more than 10years <sniff>. I really do appreciate you all posting your photos. Did you simply cop your kids out of the photos for posting online? Or did you intentionally take their photo w/out? I ask because I havent figured out how to do that (crop them out of the photo, etc.)
Thank you so much! Wow, that's quite a streak you had going... 10+ years. I'm glad I could help fill the void the tiniest bit with some Christmas pictures. I really enjoyed your pictures of the fireworks as well.

And yes, I did crop my kids out of the pictures before posting them online. I use Picasa 3. It's free, and you can do all sorts of editing like cropping, changing pics to black and white/sepia/other colors, and so much more. Then I still have all the originals (ones with people ) to print out as well. Just Google Picasa for info on how to get it.

I wasn't sure how a TR would turn out with no pictures of the people involved. I really like looking at others' pictures, but like you said, you just never know. And I'm not sure how much I would think about that if my husband didn't run a treatment program in a prison for adult offenders.

Anyway, thanks for reading!
Old 12-31-2009, 12:19 AM   #67
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

Just had to share...

I was going through vacation pictures, getting ready to upload to Walgreens (9 cents per print right now), and I noticed a (kind of) Hidden Mickey in my jeans. Maybe it's just me??? This is me and my son when we got off Splash Mountain.

Old 01-03-2010, 08:16 PM   #68
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

I see it!
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:01 AM   #69
kjh73
Mouseketeer

What an amazing sounding trip you had...lots of great pics...I am really hoping our next trip to Disneyland will be during the Christmas season...especially after seeing your great photos! What kind of camera do you have...I am thinking I need a new one.
kjh73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:26 PM   #70
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjh73 View Post
What an amazing sounding trip you had...lots of great pics...I am really hoping our next trip to Disneyland will be during the Christmas season...especially after seeing your great photos! What kind of camera do you have...I am thinking I need a new one.
Thank you! Yes, it was an amazing trip. I spend way too much time thinking about it every day. I would love to go back during that same time period down the road.

As for the camera, it is a Canon PowerShot SD780 IS ELPH. My husband checks the ratings in Consumer Reports before he buys anything, and this camera had good ratings for your point-and-shoot options. We bought it a couple of days before our trip for $200. I'm wishing I had taken the time to go through the manual and learn more about it before taking it into Disneyland. I pretty much just had it on auto everything, but now I'm learning more about it. One thing we especially loved about it during our trip was that it fit comfortably in our front pocket. Really nice for carrying it around if it wasn't being used. I kept a Ziploc sandwich bag in my front pocket. When we'd go on a wet ride I'd just slide it into the bag, and then back into my pocket. It wasn't uncomfortable at all. It was easy to forget it was there. I guess that can be good or bad. It's also easy to handle, for being the smaller size that it is. We tried out another camera that was a little bigger than this one, but it was hard to handle. It just felt too small, and the buttons were more awkward. I can't remember what that one was. Anyway, feel free to ask any other questions.

Also, I use Picasa 3 to edit my pictures. You can download it for free. Here are some before and after pictures so you can see the difference.

Here's the "before edit" of the picture above:

Sailboat picture before:

And after:

My boys on the beach before editing:

And after:

So it's not totally the camera.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:18 PM   #71
kjh73
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the camera info!! Also thank-you for the editing info and taking the time to show me the before and after...I have some photos I want to try doing this to....
kjh73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:21 PM   #72
DisneyMomma81
DIS Veteran

I know I'm a bit late joining your report but I wanted to let you know I loved it! When do you hope/plan to return?
DisneyMomma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:32 AM   #73
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomma81 View Post
I know I'm a bit late joining your report but I wanted to let you know I loved it! When do you hope/plan to return?
Funny you should ask! My husband and I are going back this spring for a very short 2 day visit. I was really excited until the recent earthquake happenings. I have regular nightmares about being in an earthquake -- even though I never have been in one in my life. Anyway, thanks for reading and I'm glad you enjoyed it! Still kicking myself about not upgrading to an AP when we were there in Nov. I thought I'd be responsible and not spend the extra $100 when the idea of getting back there within a year seemed like a dream that wouldn't really come to pass. Little did I know... I have to say it was NOT fun telling the kids, "Oh - by the way...Grandma and Grandpa are going to stay with you for a few days while Dad and I go to Disneyland..." Not feeling very Mother-of-the-Year-ish right now. It helps to know that we are planning another family trip in 2 years, though.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
Old 04-30-2010, 01:43 PM   #74
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

Who woulda guessed I'd be heading back so soon... Not I. Anyway, I've been home now for 12 hours and 38 minutes and I'm sinking into my Post-Disneyland Blues.

3 days ago at this very moment I was grabbing an FP for Space Mountain.

2 days ago at this very moment I was waiting to order lunch from my waterside table at Blue Bayou.

1 day ago at this very moment I was standing in line to see Aladdin for my first and only time, shivering in the wind.

And now I need a nap.

More to come soon!

Old 04-30-2010, 07:17 PM   #75
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

So how did this totally unexpected surprise of a trip come about??? Well, we have to go back in time about 4 1/2 years...

Me: So how do you want to celebrate our 11th Anniversary {coming up in 3 days}?

Him: {I can't really remember exactly what he said, but we discussed restaurant and movie options, made a tentative plan, and called it good. We're both totally fine with nothing set in stone, plans-wise. Although I do remember he was going to arrange for a good friend to take our 2 kids.}

Excitement and anticipation build. A rare evening out with just the 2 of us was on the horizon. Rare because we don't use babysitters and we don't live near family.

3 Days Go By...

Me: {Thinking} Hmmm. He's usually home from work by now. Perhaps he is stopping off for some sort of Anniversary Surprise...

30 Minutes Tick Away. He doesn't answer his phone.

Me: {Thinking} This must be a really great surprise! I wonder what it could be???

More Time Goes By.

Me: {Thinking} It's getting kind of late. Where is he?

Tick Tock...Tick Tock...Tick Tock

Me: {Thinking} OK. Now there's only time for dinner OR a movie. Starting to get a little

The phone rings.

Me: {Thinking} He better be on his way home.

Me: Hello?

Him: Hi honey. I won't be home until 11 or so. I'll be taking So-n-So to dinner and a movie for Good Behavior. (At the time he was a director at a group home for teenage boy s** offenders, transitioning back into society.) I'm sorry I wasn't able to call earlier. See ya tonight...

Me: {Thinking quickly} Is this a joke? Surely he's kidding...

Me: Uh...OK. {Still waiting for him to say he was kidding...}

Silence.

Him: OK, bye.

Me: Bye.

He totally forgot our anniversary.

Now, normally I am very easy-going, laid-back, go with the flow, extremely low maintenance, etc.

But at this particular time I happened to look like this:

I was pregnant. With his 3rd child. His 3rd son.

I ended up going to bed early that night after putting the other 2 boys to bed. Of course I didn't go to sleep, though. And yes, I pretended to be asleep when he came to bed that night.

The next day I "happened to mention" that our anniversary had been the night before. He felt horrible and I was a tad hormonal. Anyway, he said we'd have a re-do. It never happened, though, as the baby came along with all that other life-changing stuff that goes hand-in-hand with a newborn.

Our 11th Anniversary became known as "the anniversary that wasn't" -- it was something we brought up occasionally but didn't really dwell on. I was fine with it once I got back to my normal non-pregnant self and it became something we could laugh at. Honest.

Anyway, fast forward 4 1/2 years later to about 6 weeks ago. My parents were planning to come to town for 4 days. We talked about how we've never done a getaway, other than 2 one-nighters in our now almost 16 years of marriage. We started talking about where we could go for 3 days while my parents stayed with the kids. I mentioned a couple of places closer to home. He said, "Well, why don't we just go back to Disneyland?" We were just there 5 months ago. Yes, 5 months ago is "just there" to me, considering it had been 13 years between that trip and the last trip. But...who was I to argue. "The anniversary that wasn't" was about to become "the anniversary that we celebrated 4 1/2 years later at Disneyland!" Let the planning begin!!!

PS: I emailed that picture to my sister so she could see my new shapely figure. When she saw it she thought, "Where did she get that crooked exotic vase? And why did she buy it? That's not her style at all..."

To be continued, with pictures.

Last edited by deejdigsdis; 04-30-2010 at 10:34 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: