Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 12:40 AM   #136
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets
 
deejdigsdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,354

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Another excellent installment! I must say I agree with you on the Carnation Cafe breakfast not being up to par with the lunch...don't feel bad about not having the french toast - it could have been as dry as my pancakes in December. Too funny about your banana...I thought the same thing!

I'm glad you like Aladdin. We loved it so much we tried to see it twice....

If you want to see my recent craft project mini-post I posted this on the scrapbooking board http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2479000

Waiting to see your last few hours at DL....
I remember reading about your pancakes. They did not sound good at all.

OK, I just checked out your craftiness. WOW! That turned out great! I love that color of green. It's all so clever and creative. The Tink rub-ons look like they came out great on the handle despite the lines in the handle. Will the rub-ons rub off? I also really like your choice of the pearl so you can see how much is left. But my favorite part...the most clever part...the Hidden Mickey! Love it! Thanks so much for sharing. Do you have scrapbook pages hanging around over there somewhere? I used to scrap a lot but it was getting a little overwhelming trying to "get it all done". I hated that it was turning into somewhat of a chore as opposed to my fun way to unwind. I have taken a break from my traditional scrapbooking. For the past year and a half I've been doing the picture-a-day thing. I take a picture every day and then add a bit of journaling for each day. It's so easy to just slide my 4x6 pictures into divided protectors along with 2x3 journaling cards, all part of the Becky Higgins kit I use. I love that it captures the "bigger picture" of our everyday life but I'm starting to miss the creativity of traditional scrapping.

Well, I hopped on here to finish the TR, but I'm a little tired so I'll finish it tomorrow. Can you tell I'm procrastinating that last installment? It kind of feels like the trip is ending all over again and the post-Disneyland blues will be taking over. Sigh.
__________________
Done! It's 4 Trips in 1! Christmas, Spring, Halloween... Then Went Back For Ice Cream!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:03 AM   #137
AlexJB
Earning My Ears
 
AlexJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Staffordshire, UK
Posts: 74

Fantastic TR!
__________________
AlexJB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-03-2010, 06:39 AM   #138
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran
 
tksbaskets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 4,050

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejdigsdis View Post
I remember reading about your pancakes. They did not sound good at all.

OK, I just checked out your craftiness. WOW! That turned out great! I love that color of green. It's all so clever and creative. The Tink rub-ons look like they came out great on the handle despite the lines in the handle. Will the rub-ons rub off? I also really like your choice of the pearl so you can see how much is left. But my favorite part...the most clever part...the Hidden Mickey! Love it! Thanks so much for sharing. Do you have scrapbook pages hanging around over there somewhere? I used to scrap a lot but it was getting a little overwhelming trying to "get it all done". I hated that it was turning into somewhat of a chore as opposed to my fun way to unwind. I have taken a break from my traditional scrapbooking. For the past year and a half I've been doing the picture-a-day thing. I take a picture every day and then add a bit of journaling for each day. It's so easy to just slide my 4x6 pictures into divided protectors along with 2x3 journaling cards, all part of the Becky Higgins kit I use. I love that it captures the "bigger picture" of our everyday life but I'm starting to miss the creativity of traditional scrapping.

Well, I hopped on here to finish the TR, but I'm a little tired so I'll finish it tomorrow. Can you tell I'm procrastinating that last installment? It kind of feels like the trip is ending all over again and the post-Disneyland blues will be taking over. Sigh.
I like that we have more of your trip to look forward to.

As for my tool, the matte finish is supposed to protect the rub ons. Let's hope. As for scrapbooking, I go for one 4-day weekend a year and crank out about 80 pages. I *used* to be current with Disney vacations but not any more. My sons are all scrapbooked up through high school graduation last year. I do make mini-albums now and enjoy purchasing scrapbook supplies So much to do, so little time.

Hope to see the final installment soon!
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:30 PM   #139
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets
 
deejdigsdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,354

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexJB View Post
Fantastic TR!
Thanks Alex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
I like that we have more of your trip to look forward to.

As for my tool, the matte finish is supposed to protect the rub ons. Let's hope. As for scrapbooking, I go for one 4-day weekend a year and crank out about 80 pages. I *used* to be current with Disney vacations but not any more. My sons are all scrapbooked up through high school graduation last year. I do make mini-albums now and enjoy purchasing scrapbook supplies So much to do, so little time.

Hope to see the final installment soon!
80 pages! Wow. Your boys are lucky to have those histories. Do they appreciate them yet?

OK. Here we go. The final installment of my April 2010 Trip Report...

We hopped back over to Disneyland for our last couple of hours. Our first order of business was to head over to Space Mountain and use our FPs. I had to make a quick stop when we entered Disneyland. I told my husband I'd just meet him over by Space. When I finished up my little errand I was walking down Main Street. My husband called. I answered my phone and he said, "Look to your left." I looked over and there he was, riding the trolley.



He got off and we went over to Space. It was so non-busy that they had the Fast Pass line blocked off. It was around 1:30pm. So strange. Here's a picture with a Hidden Mickey that I posted earlier -- but the other one was a close-up. Can you find it?



I had to hit Pirates and Haunted Mansion one last time. Typically Pirates is my last ride of a trip, but this time I reserved that honor for HM. Just because this would be the last time for me to ride the REAL Haunted Mansion for who knows how long. The overlay () will be up when I go back in the fall.



No final HM pic, but I can still hear the "Hurrrry Baaaack....Hurrrrry Baaaack!" Love that part.

Sigh. Our last ride has been ridden. Now I needed to head over to Pooh Corner to pick up some Tigger Tails for the kids while my husband snagged himself one last pretzel and a couple of big Mickey cookies from the bakery, also for the kids. We were going to meet on the front porch. I got 3 of the last 4 Tigger Tails on display and headed over to the front porch where I found DH gnawing on a Turkey Leg. "Uhhhh...did you get the Mickey cookies?" "This is as far as I got." So I headed to the bakery and picked up the cookies.

PAUSE. Let's see how I'm doing on MY LIST. I only have mere minutes left in the park to check off anything that is still unchecked.

* Ride Haunted Mansion lots and lots of times. {Well, I was hoping for at least 10 times, but I think I did 6.} CHECK!

* Ride Jungle Cruise at night. CHECK!

* Watch Aladdin before it goes away. CHECK!

* Take pictures of Hidden Mickeys for DS10. Didn't get as many as I wanted, but CHECK!

* Watch the Flag Retreat Ceremony. {Watched it twice.} CHECK!

* Ride Tower of Terror. {} CHECK!

* Find Melvin, Buff and Max inside the Pooh ride. CHECK!

* Spend a lot of time on Main Street, preferably the front porch. CHECK, CHECK, and CHECK!

Oh wait. The list said "sipping hot chocolate if I'm sitting there at night, eating ice cream if I'm sitting there during the day." Sipped hot chocolate, so CHECK! But...still needed to eat ice cream. We had the bench, now I needed to go find the ice cream... I headed over to Gibson Girl. The line was way too long. I never would have made it. I thought, "No worries, I'll just go down Main Street to that little out-of-the-way Cone Shop." I thought I was so clever. I never see a line there. I rounded the corner and . It's closed! So so sad. I trudged back to the front porch where DH was happily chewing on a Mickey Pretzel now. I sat there and ate a Mickey Truffle that I picked up at Pooh Corner. Not the same as ice cream, but it was chocolate so it wasn't a totally bad situation.

A couple of last minute random Main Street pictures.





And my beloved front porch bench. I can't believe I didn't think to get a better picture. I had to crop this one.



We went down to Town Square and sat for a bit longer. Goofy walked by and I realized I had NO character pictures!





Sigh. Time to go. We walked out of Disneyland at 3:05pm so we could catch the 3:20 shuttle back to the Hyatt. Super Shuttle picked us up at 3:55. One last picture out the shuttle window as we were being whisked off to the airport.



A nice last minute memory...even though it WAS Tower of Terror I was looking at.

We got to SNA and were all checked in and waiting by our gate by 4:30, just 35 minutes after we were picked up at the Hyatt. The post Disneyland blues were beginning to set in and I just wanted to go home and see my kids. There was one thing that made our travel time go by faster. We happened to have a lady that works in an office somewhere behind Toon Town on our flight. She noticed my Disneyland shirt and struck up a conversation. It was very interesting talking to her. I wish I would have written down some of the interesting things she told us. You know how you think you most certainly won't forget something because it's so interesting...but then you do. I do remember her saying that the organ in the attic on the Haunted Mansion used to be in the old Submarine Voyage. She told us about some warehouses where they keep all the stuff from old rides and I wondered how I could get my hands on an old Skyway bucket. She talked about World of Color and how she wasn't happy with how they ended up working it all out, saying it wouldn't be a good set up for the tourists. Her prediction was that it would be a mess. This was over a month ago, so I'm sure there has been many a change made since she talked to us. Another interesting thing was that she thanked us several times for going to Disneyland. She even thanked me for buying the t-shirt I was wearing! Anyway, it was fun to chat with her. It kind of extended our Disney experience.

We got home in the wee hours of the morning, and received a great welcome from the boys when it was time to wake up for the day. We gave them their treats. The day began, DH went back to work, the older boys went to school, and I got the pictures off the camera and onto the computer. DS4 ate some Mickey cheese for a snack. He called me in. "Hey Mom! Look! I made a Mickey!"



And I guess that concludes this portion of the Trip Report. Who knew I would have so much to say about 28 1/2 hours in the parks?!?

Thanks for reading! To be continued Fall 2010 if things pan out for the trip with my parents and sisters!
__________________
Done! It's 4 Trips in 1! Christmas, Spring, Halloween... Then Went Back For Ice Cream!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117

Last edited by deejdigsdis; 06-03-2010 at 12:37 PM.
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:35 PM   #140
funkemorgan
Earning My Ears
 
funkemorgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Didsbury, AB
Posts: 19


Wow, what a great trip report! It's had me procrastinating at work for two days. Your April trip was just a few weeks before we went this year. It was nice to see your perspective.
I am still in the post Disneyland depression but the good news is we have booked another trip for November! Yay.
I have a question for you. This could probably be answered in a diff forum but you seem like you're nice and wouldn't mind.
We are going to Disneyland Nov 7-12 this year but we are also going the same dates in 2011. I wanted to buy an AP but figured it would expire as my next trip started. Can you buy park hopper passes and transfer them to an AP on the last day of using them? That way I could fit both trips in on one AP

Thanks!
funkemorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:31 PM   #141
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets
 
deejdigsdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,354

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkemorgan View Post

Wow, what a great trip report! It's had me procrastinating at work for two days. Your April trip was just a few weeks before we went this year. It was nice to see your perspective.
I am still in the post Disneyland depression but the good news is we have booked another trip for November! Yay.
I have a question for you. This could probably be answered in a diff forum but you seem like you're nice and wouldn't mind.
We are going to Disneyland Nov 7-12 this year but we are also going the same dates in 2011. I wanted to buy an AP but figured it would expire as my next trip started. Can you buy park hopper passes and transfer them to an AP on the last day of using them? That way I could fit both trips in on one AP

Thanks!
Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. When I'm missing Disneyland it's fun to come back and re-live the trip through the TR.

Yay for November! This is how the ticket thing worked for me: I bought a 3-Day Park Hopper. My first day of use was April 27th. On my 3rd day, April 29th, I went to upgrade to an AP. My AP has an expiration date of April 27, 2011. It's good THROUGH the 27th. I would guess that if you had Nov. 7th as your first day of use for your Park Hopper, and then upgraded on Nov. 12th, that your AP would be good through Nov. 7, 2011. I only have this one experience to draw from, though. I hope if I'm wrong someone will jump in and correct me so you don't get bad info. Any way you could change dates so that second trip would be covered? Have you been in Nov. before? I just loved it. We went later (Nov. 16 - 20) and the holiday stuff was in full swing. I responded to someone on another thread about crowds at that time of year. I thought it was interesting that the day time crowds were lower during our Nov. trip than our April trip, and the nighttime crowds were higher in our Nov. trip compared to our April trip. I guess due to locals coming in to experience the amazing feeling of Christmas time at Disneyland.

Any more questions?
__________________
Done! It's 4 Trips in 1! Christmas, Spring, Halloween... Then Went Back For Ice Cream!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:12 PM   #142
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!
 
Sherry E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 14,491
DISboards Moderator

Well, now that this portion of the TR has sadly come to an end...looks like it's time for you to jump in on the "Halloween at DL" super thread to start planning for your (hopeful) Fall trip!! You know, at one time, the "Disney at Christmas" thread was waaaaay ahead of the Halloween thread in terms of number of views (Christmas was at 16,000 views and Halloween was at 2,000 views), but the Halloween thread has picked up some steam and is quickly closing the gap on Christmas!! I think it's because the HalloweenTime details are beginning to come in now, so we all have something to chat about in addition to just posting photos.

Anyway, a few thoughts before I forget...

1. I think that my favorite duck picture that you took (of them trotting over the bridge with the pink hearts on the right-hand side) should either go in the Spirit of DLR thread or the general daily DLR photo thread - or both. It seems to capture the essence of both of those threads.

2. I, too, had my doubts about Aladdin before seeing it in 2008. I had heard so much about it and people on this board were telling me I would love it, so I decided to give it a try. I figured, oh well, if worse comes to worst it will be a nice rest from the heat for a while. But we ended up loving it! I really think the Genie makes the whole show - and it's not just because he is funny, but because he spews out topical, current references to pop culture, politics and other things to keep the adults interested - and the material constantly changes depending on what's happening that week in the news. When we saw it, the Genie was joking about "Tom" (everyone's friend) on MySpace and the congressional bailout, among many other things. But I imagine he has thrown out many a Tiger Woods reference, probably stuff about "Balloon Boy" from last year, probably the BP oil spill, etc. I am glad that Aladdin is sticking around for an undetermined period of time. As much as I love Toy Story, I was thinking that the Toy Story musical was going to have some pretty tough shoes to fill when it took over for Aladdin.

3. Count me in the club of people who was underwhelmed by the Carnation Cafe breakfast. I mean, it wasn't terrible by any means. It just wasn't great. I really, really enjoy Carnation Cafe as a restaurant in general, because the location is so charming and quaint and the food is good. But I much prefer the lunch/dinner menu (or even dessert only) over the breakfast food. My friend was not keen on the breakfast, either.

4. The funny thing is I totally recognize that tall, blonde waitress in your Carnation Cafe photo (she is taking someone's order in the background). She has waited on us more times than I can count, for different meals at different times of day. She is a stalwart at Carnation!!

5. I forgot to mention in my list of things to look for at DLR (along with the weather vanes, etc.) the different popcorn-turning dudes in the various popcorn carts around DLR!! I was reminded over in the Disney at Christmas thread when Marie posted a photo of the Santa popcorn-turner from the holiday season. But I have seen others. There's an Oogie Boogie popcorn dude near HMH (when it's HMH time at DL). I have seen a clown somewhere (I forget where). There is sort of an old-fashioned looking popcorn guy in a pin-striped shirt and a hat or vest somewhere. I think there may be more, and they are themed to their specific areas!!

Anyway, great, detailed pictures and a great TR!!
__________________
**...Rockin' my Disney Side since 1972 ... Now taking on the holidays, one photo (and one Superthread!) at a time...**

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:20 PM   #143
funkemorgan
Earning My Ears
 
funkemorgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Didsbury, AB
Posts: 19

Any way you could change dates so that second trip would be covered? Have you been in Nov. before? I just loved it. We went later (Nov. 16 - 20) and the holiday stuff was in full swing.

Any more questions? [/QUOTE]

Thanks so much. I had already talked to DH about changing the dates b/c of the Christmas happenings so this fuels my fire! We were most concerned about crowds but if that's not much different from when we went in May then
We've been to WDW in early November and the decorations were up but no events. Both times we've gone to DL we've gone in May. I LOVE the idea of seeing all the Christmas stuff but I am a little worried about liking the Haunted Mansion at that time of year. I Love Nightmare before Christmas but I love the Haunted Mansion just the way it is too!
funkemorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:43 PM   #144
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran
 
tksbaskets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 4,050

I loved going along on your trip report! You have a wonderful writing style and just the right amount of photos (who doesn't like a story with great photos??)

Thanks for sharing. I'm hoping you'll do another report in the fall
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:29 AM   #145
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets
 
deejdigsdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,354

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Well, now that this portion of the TR has sadly come to an end...looks like it's time for you to jump in on the "Halloween at DL" super thread to start planning for your (hopeful) Fall trip!! You know, at one time, the "Disney at Christmas" thread was waaaaay ahead of the Halloween thread in terms of number of views (Christmas was at 16,000 views and Halloween was at 2,000 views), but the Halloween thread has picked up some steam and is quickly closing the gap on Christmas!! I think it's because the HalloweenTime details are beginning to come in now, so we all have something to chat about in addition to just posting photos.

Anyway, a few thoughts before I forget...

1. I think that my favorite duck picture that you took (of them trotting over the bridge with the pink hearts on the right-hand side) should either go in the Spirit of DLR thread or the general daily DLR photo thread - or both. It seems to capture the essence of both of those threads.

2. I, too, had my doubts about Aladdin before seeing it in 2008. I had heard so much about it and people on this board were telling me I would love it, so I decided to give it a try. I figured, oh well, if worse comes to worst it will be a nice rest from the heat for a while. But we ended up loving it! I really think the Genie makes the whole show - and it's not just because he is funny, but because he spews out topical, current references to pop culture, politics and other things to keep the adults interested - and the material constantly changes depending on what's happening that week in the news. When we saw it, the Genie was joking about "Tom" (everyone's friend) on MySpace and the congressional bailout, among many other things. But I imagine he has thrown out many a Tiger Woods reference, probably stuff about "Balloon Boy" from last year, probably the BP oil spill, etc. I am glad that Aladdin is sticking around for an undetermined period of time. As much as I love Toy Story, I was thinking that the Toy Story musical was going to have some pretty tough shoes to fill when it took over for Aladdin.

3. Count me in the club of people who was underwhelmed by the Carnation Cafe breakfast. I mean, it wasn't terrible by any means. It just wasn't great. I really, really enjoy Carnation Cafe as a restaurant in general, because the location is so charming and quaint and the food is good. But I much prefer the lunch/dinner menu (or even dessert only) over the breakfast food. My friend was not keen on the breakfast, either.

4. The funny thing is I totally recognize that tall, blonde waitress in your Carnation Cafe photo (she is taking someone's order in the background). She has waited on us more times than I can count, for different meals at different times of day. She is a stalwart at Carnation!!

5. I forgot to mention in my list of things to look for at DLR (along with the weather vanes, etc.) the different popcorn-turning dudes in the various popcorn carts around DLR!! I was reminded over in the Disney at Christmas thread when Marie posted a photo of the Santa popcorn-turner from the holiday season. But I have seen others. There's an Oogie Boogie popcorn dude near HMH (when it's HMH time at DL). I have seen a clown somewhere (I forget where). There is sort of an old-fashioned looking popcorn guy in a pin-striped shirt and a hat or vest somewhere. I think there may be more, and they are themed to their specific areas!!

Anyway, great, detailed pictures and a great TR!!
Thanks Sherry! And thanks for the comments on the duck picture. I was hoping to get a better picture but they kept moving! It's a little intimidating posting photos on that main photography thread. There are some great photographers over there, with awesome cameras.

Can you believe that I've already forgotten the Genie jokes? Oh wait -- I do remember something about Larry King, and another about Kate from "Jon and Kate Plus 8." I just can't remember the jokes!

You've given me a new mission for my next trip...scouting out the popcorn-turning dudes. Except I'll skip the clown one. I'm SO not a fan of clowns. I think my fear dates back to an old Little House on the Prairie episode I saw when I was younger. A man disguised himself as a clown and attacked a girl in a barn. Not very Little House on the Prairie-ish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkemorgan View Post
Thanks so much. I had already talked to DH about changing the dates b/c of the Christmas happenings so this fuels my fire! We were most concerned about crowds but if that's not much different from when we went in May then
We've been to WDW in early November and the decorations were up but no events. Both times we've gone to DL we've gone in May. I LOVE the idea of seeing all the Christmas stuff but I am a little worried about liking the Haunted Mansion at that time of year. I Love Nightmare before Christmas but I love the Haunted Mansion just the way it is too!
I hope it works out for you! If you love Nightmare Before Christmas then I would guess you'd enjoy the Haunted Mansion Holiday layover. I've never seen the movie. I'm such a sucker for nostalgia and things staying the same (that are just fine the way they are) -- for me the layover is an impostor. But everything else going on in the park holiday-wise more than makes up for that. The "snow" is so magical to me and I love the constant playing of the Christmas music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
I loved going along on your trip report! You have a wonderful writing style and just the right amount of photos (who doesn't like a story with great photos??)

Thanks for sharing. I'm hoping you'll do another report in the fall
Thanks again for joining me on my trip down Disneyland Memory Lane! I thought I probably threw in a few too many photos, but that's my favorite part of others' Trip Reports so I went a little wild. Looking forward to hearing about your trip to WDW later this year!
__________________
Done! It's 4 Trips in 1! Christmas, Spring, Halloween... Then Went Back For Ice Cream!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:37 PM   #146
newrygirl
DIS Veteran
 
newrygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 520

delete

Last edited by newrygirl; 09-08-2010 at 02:42 PM.
newrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:45 PM   #147
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran
 
Minnie Sue Oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 753

Hi! Well, I just wanted to thank you..................for all the wonderful photos, for all the details that we sometimes take for granted, but most of all for creating even more excitement and anticipation for our upcoming trip!

I too am breaking a 12 year drought.................we have so may things in common, I found myself agreeing with you and nodding my head and laughing right along with your posts! HM is my favourite ride also, so I am now very keen to ride it with the overlay and see what I think. We actually watched The Nightmare Before Christmas not so long ago, and I was not a fan. I will try to keep an open mind although I am going to miss the hitchhikers and the messages.

I am very much looking forward to reading your next instalment, and I will most definitely be doing our TR when we return.
We will be in the USA for one whole month and are staying for Christmas!

So, thanks again and my DD and I can't wait to try one of those Tigger tails!!!

Cheers
__________________
Minnie Sue Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:23 AM   #148
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets
 
deejdigsdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,354

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Sue Oz View Post
Hi! Well, I just wanted to thank you..................for all the wonderful photos, for all the details that we sometimes take for granted, but most of all for creating even more excitement and anticipation for our upcoming trip!

I too am breaking a 12 year drought.................we have so may things in common, I found myself agreeing with you and nodding my head and laughing right along with your posts! HM is my favourite ride also, so I am now very keen to ride it with the overlay and see what I think. We actually watched The Nightmare Before Christmas not so long ago, and I was not a fan. I will try to keep an open mind although I am going to miss the hitchhikers and the messages.

I am very much looking forward to reading your next instalment, and I will most definitely be doing our TR when we return.
We will be in the USA for one whole month and are staying for Christmas!

So, thanks again and my DD and I can't wait to try one of those Tigger tails!!!

Cheers
Aw, you're welcome! Thank you for your kind words. Wow, a whole month in the USA! I hope you have a great trip and I will be on the lookout for your TR. I've been thinking that I should watch "The Nightmare Before Christmas" before my Oct. trip, just so the holiday overlay in HM would at least make sense to me. We'll see. And by the way, the Tigger Tails recently changed! They are no longer like the ones pictured in my Trip Report. Instead of the orange-flavored chocolate, they are covered in orange-colored sugar. I don't know if they still have orange flavoring to them or not. There are pictures in some recent posts in the Dining Reviews thread. They don't look nearly as good to me. Anyway, thanks for reading.
__________________
Done! It's 4 Trips in 1! Christmas, Spring, Halloween... Then Went Back For Ice Cream!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:54 PM   #149
travelmel
Blue Banana Vacation Club
 
travelmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Portland, OR (very near my own private Forks)
Posts: 2,993

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejdigsdis View Post
Yes, I waited until no one was around before I took pics inside the restroom. And yes, I felt a little silly taking pics inside the restroom.
Amazing trip report.. I really enjoyed it You are a fantastic photographer! I am amazed at the quality of your photo's from a camera that you said cost, what, $200? Wow, I wish I would have made that choice. We got the Cannon SI3 or something and it absolutely REEKS compared to your shots. And, I believe we paid almost $400 for it. Sad. I went to the high tech consumer sites and made all the comparison charts and .... *sigh* I love your pics and camera. Thank you so much for taking and sharing
__________________


The Flippant Trip: Disneyland and DCA Summer CLICK ME

Twilight Prom Party Post & Subsequent mini-TR(pg 19-21)CLICK ME

Psst...take a listen to.... http://www.jackiegreene.com/
Think of Springsteen, Tom Petty, or Bob Dylan, only with a great singing voice.



















"He Dazzles Me Frequently"
















{Muzak playing} Please hold while your party is connected. {more muzak} We're sorry... your party is temporarily too fat in the bandwidth to answer this siggie. Your call is very important to her. When she gets done applying her sparkle cream and sweating her Mii down to a reasonable size she will be back with her regular silliness. {muzak followed by a brief interuption where you think your party will answer then....} Please continue to hold. {resume muzak}















In danger of having my Wish Membership revoked! Does my siggie make me look fat?? : wishmember
travelmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:58 PM   #150
travelmel
Blue Banana Vacation Club
 
travelmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Portland, OR (very near my own private Forks)
Posts: 2,993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Sue Oz View Post
Hi! Well, I just wanted to thank you..................for all the wonderful photos, for all the details that we sometimes take for granted, but most of all for creating even more excitement and anticipation for our upcoming trip!

I too am breaking a 12 year drought.................we have so may things in common, I found myself agreeing with you and nodding my head and laughing right along with your posts! HM is my favourite ride also, so I am now very keen to ride it with the overlay and see what I think. We actually watched The Nightmare Before Christmas not so long ago, and I was not a fan. I will try to keep an open mind although I am going to miss the hitchhikers and the messages.

Cheers
I am not a fan of change AT ALL (don't get me started on Johnny Depp invading the classically brilliant PotC ride SIGH)... but I have to say that the overlay on the HM is beautiful. I wasn't a huge fan of the movie but have grown fonder of it since.... also, I'm not 100% sure but I think the hitchhikers are exactly the same with the overlay. I don't think you will be disappointed. The movie soundtrack, BTW, is really fun and catchy after you've heard it a few times.. my kids love it TO DEATH. Enjoy!
__________________


The Flippant Trip: Disneyland and DCA Summer CLICK ME

Twilight Prom Party Post & Subsequent mini-TR(pg 19-21)CLICK ME

Psst...take a listen to.... http://www.jackiegreene.com/
Think of Springsteen, Tom Petty, or Bob Dylan, only with a great singing voice.



















"He Dazzles Me Frequently"
















{Muzak playing} Please hold while your party is connected. {more muzak} We're sorry... your party is temporarily too fat in the bandwidth to answer this siggie. Your call is very important to her. When she gets done applying her sparkle cream and sweating her Mii down to a reasonable size she will be back with her regular silliness. {muzak followed by a brief interuption where you think your party will answer then....} Please continue to hold. {resume muzak}















In danger of having my Wish Membership revoked! Does my siggie make me look fat?? : wishmember
travelmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Christmas cookie recipes?? Dismom+two Cooking 105 12-20-2010 12:38 PM
Aussie Disneyland Planners come on in and lets plan together :) aussiedaisy Disneyland (California) 3213 06-14-2010 06:16 AM
*Christmas A-Z* mandymouse UK Community Board 956 01-03-2010 12:04 PM
Dinner at Boma on Dec. 13,09 @ 5PM! Sits Available updated 12/09/09 DFD Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers 403 01-02-2010 04:30 PM
Cats IN the Christmas Tree....HELP!! LiLIrishChick63 Community Board 32 12-06-2009 11:03 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: