Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2009, 08:07 PM   #106
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

Why wait till your next trip, you can go to youtube and find the monorail announcement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenSop View Post
OMG! I think I'm going to totally steal your monorail ringtone idea next time I'm down there! That is awesome!

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Old 12-26-2009, 12:02 PM   #107
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Loved all your Magic Kingdom/Contemporary pics! Hope you had a fabulous Christmas!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2009, 09:38 PM   #108
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!

LOVED this update Sooze!!! Now Tim and I HAVE to try Kona for breakfast this summer, time to re post the ADR's!!!! What a great day you guys had. LOVED the shots you got at night at Magic Kingdom, Tim never made it over there at night on his Dec. trip so I loved your pics. Also thought it was great seeing Matt recording the monorail lingo, LOVED my text by the way, so THANK YOU!
Hope you guys had a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! See you soooooon!!!
Lesley

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com
Old 12-27-2009, 09:41 PM   #109
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Sooze,
Isn't the castle with the lights just fantastic. I absolutely love it! Sounds like you had a fun day/night at Magic Kingdom. So much fun that you knew Snow White in the show. I did see the wave, very cute.

I was reading about your inability to find a Disney light for your window at the Christmas store. I got one for Christmas, it is from Walgreens, and evidently was on sale for 1/2 price before Christmas. I think it is cute, and it was only 3.50, now that is a deal. I am sure they are probably gone by now, but check out the website, or your nearest Walgreens.

Hope you had a great Christmas

Last edited by jwwi; 12-27-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:45 AM   #110
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Susie, you've been busy - holy updates Batman!

I'm all caught up... and so excited for your win on Buzz!

Hope you guys had a wonderful holiday!

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 12-31-2009, 06:04 PM   #111
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooze View Post
I am sorry, but I am NOT spending $75 on a tree skirt. I can't imagine how many skirts they'd sell if they'd make a more wallet-friendly skirt... it doesn't have to have all the fancy embroidery, expensive fabrics, and plush feel. Just a cotton or felt version with that DisneyWorld touch.
Yikes! $75? That’s a bit pretentious. Was it sewn my Minnie herself or something?

Quote:
Well, earlier, at World of Disney, we were checking out the $75 monorail that runs around the track... and we were talking about how we'd love to have that going around our tree...
Ooooooooh. Me likey.

Quote:
So... $75 on a fancy skirt? Or $75 on a monorail that moves, and has little figures you can play with? EASY ANSWER!! We ordered the monorail and had it shipped to the house. We decided to tell the kids that Mickey was sending them a Christmas present. It all worked out perfectly!
Awesome call!

Quote:
What is he doing? You ask? He was using the voice recorder on his iPhone to record the monorail announcement "Please stand clear of the doors... Por Favor....etc. etc. in Spanish". He then texted it to all of our friends who were jealous of our trip. It makes a great ring tone, too! Once he did this, we started thinking of all kinds of things we could record and send to people!
That’s HILARIOUS! I’m so stealing that idea next time around!

Quote:
And another attempt at Matt's... though he was pushing my arm around...

124,560... just in case you can't see it!
I’m not seeing it, therefore it cannot be proven. (We Matt’s gotta get each other’s backs you know.)

Quote:
Our next ride was the newly refurbished Space Mountain.

The other upgrade we noticed was the smoothness of the ride. We really enjoyed it! We aren't big Space Mountain riders.. so there may be other things that we just didn't notice!
Woohoo! I’m so glad they didn’t screw it up.

Quote:
It was finally time for Wishes, so we joined the herd of humanity (thanks, Great Biscuit!) in front of the castle.
No prob!

Quote:
When it was over, we jumped on a bench that was quickly vacated, and watched the MADNESS that was the exodus from Magic Kingdom. People watching is SOOOOO fantabulous, isn't it!?!
It can certainly be entertaining.

Quote:
Tomorrow was our Epcot extravaganza! Come back now!

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:42 PM   #112
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

great update! and so many too.

Thanks for the stealth picture! I think they're Chinese peeps.

I'm trying Kona for the first time in February because people keep raving about it. I'm going for Breakfast and for Dinner. That Tonga Toast looks good.

How cool that you know someone that works there and that you were able to see them perform....
Old 01-08-2010, 11:38 AM   #113
Sooze
DIS Veteran

SORRY GUYS! I went MIA for a while there, didn't I?! I guess the holidays and a new year will do that to ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly F - Ohio View Post
Why wait till your next trip, you can go to youtube and find the monorail announcement.
Aw, but then it's not "AUTHENTIC"!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Loved all your Magic Kingdom/Contemporary pics! Hope you had a fabulous Christmas!
Thanks! We sure DID have a fabulous Christmas. VERY relaxing and blessed, for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandlesley View Post
LOVED this update Sooze!!! Now Tim and I HAVE to try Kona for breakfast this summer, time to re post the ADR's!!!! What a great day you guys had. LOVED the shots you got at night at Magic Kingdom, Tim never made it over there at night on his Dec. trip so I loved your pics. Also thought it was great seeing Matt recording the monorail lingo, LOVED my text by the way, so THANK YOU!
Hope you guys had a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! See you soooooon!!!
Lesley
Yes, PLEASE try Kona! That Tonga Toast is just something you HAVE to experience! We had a blast sending you texts! Hoping you can return the favor when you head back down this summer....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Sooze,
Isn't the castle with the lights just fantastic. I absolutely love it! Sounds like you had a fun day/night at Magic Kingdom. So much fun that you knew Snow White in the show. I did see the wave, very cute.

I was reading about your inability to find a Disney light for your window at the Christmas store. I got one for Christmas, it is from Walgreens, and evidently was on sale for 1/2 price before Christmas. I think it is cute, and it was only 3.50, now that is a deal. I am sure they are probably gone by now, but check out the website, or your nearest Walgreens.

Hope you had a great Christmas
The castle with the lights is just breath-taking, literally!

One of my friends told me about the Mickey light at Walgreens. I totally missed out on it, though. I'm praying they stock up on them again next year... or, I have decided, I'm just going to make my own!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Susie, you've been busy - holy updates Batman!

I'm all caught up... and so excited for your win on Buzz!

Hope you guys had a wonderful holiday!
I had a good run there, didn't I? Now I'm making you wait a LONG time for the next update!

The Buzz win was definitely necessary. I was so bummed about TSM! It made everything right with the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBiscuit View Post
Yikes! $75? Thatís a bit pretentious. Was it sewn my Minnie herself or something?

Iím not seeing it, therefore it cannot be proven. (We Mattís gotta get each otherís backs you know.)

I will say, the fabrics were very rich and expensive-looking and the skirts were plush and embellished very beautifully. I just wanted something more affordable, and less hoity-toity!

And thanks for sticking with Matt... somebody's got to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
great update! and so many too.

Thanks for the stealth picture! I think they're Chinese peeps.

I'm trying Kona for the first time in February because people keep raving about it. I'm going for Breakfast and for Dinner. That Tonga Toast looks good.

How cool that you know someone that works there and that you were able to see them perform....
Wow... you can identify nationality?! You are a true pro. Maybe it's the time you spent in China...?

Oh! Please share what you think of the Tonga Toast. I'll expect a full dissertation in your TR!

Knowing performers at Disney is SO neat. I feel like we know a celebrity!
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only,2015 My First Half Marathon,2015 Spring Break Cruise

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 01-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #114
Sooze
DIS Veteran

Matt just flew to Orlando this morning to participate in the Mini-Marathon on Saturday. So, to take my mind off the fact that he's in Epcot right now, and I'm not, I thought I'd do an update!

On a side note, I also make myself feel better by looking at the weather forecast for Orlando this weekend... BRRRRRR!!!

And off we go!

We were able to sleep in on this, our Epcot day! We felt well rested and ready for our day full of food and yuletide festivities. We, once again, took advantage of parking at the BWV and made our way to the Boardwalk for breakfast. I was craving coffee and, to be honest, we have NEVER eaten at the BW Bakery before (SHOCKING, I know...) so we headed that way. The Boardwalk was empty, the weather was beautiful, and we had a full day ahead of us. It was a great moment!

Our view whilst we ate:

Matt's breakfast... he had already eaten a bunch before I got my camera out. Silly husband, he still doesn't think about my DIS friends that want to see the food WITHOUT bite marks....

And my breakfast.... this. was. delicious!!!!! It had Gi-normous blueberries in it! YUM!!

Our first stop was Soarin'. We just decided to wait standby. It was only posted at 40 minutes, and that was cool with us. SO different than when we have the kids with us.

We were in line behind a group of 3 'older' couples. They all looked like they had been retired and that they had been friends for a while. Matt and I kept thinking about when we retire, and about our other DIS-obsessed friends, and how we will all come hang out at Disney together.... God willing, of course! The group was just so cute! We had a fun time waiting. Plus, the interactive games were up and running, so our arms got a nice workout, too!

Still waiting:

(You can see some of that group in front of us!)

Almost there:

You KNOW we asked to sit top row, center... so we ended up waiting just a wee bit more. Finally, we heard the beautiful sound of the clarinet in the "Soarin' Queue Waiting Song"...

.. and Kronk... I mean, Chief Flight Attendant Patrick, appeared to tell us about our flight:

Nice Work, Pal!!

We ended up sitting next to an older kid who had obviously ridden this ride MANY times. He was trying to tell everyone around him where the hidden Mickeys were in the ride. I know about most of them (golf ball, fireworks), but he kept insisting that there was one on a balloon in the golf scene. As soon as the scene starts, there is a man with a balloon cart in the bottom left corner of the screen. The kid said he lets go of a Mickey balloon. I sure didn't see it. Maybe I'll check it out again next time!

Next stop, was this new attraction:

We had to wait a good 30 minutes for it. One of the robotic arms was not working (They had 3 out of 4 going), plus... it's a kick-butt exhibit!! Who WOULDN'T want to do it?! We made ourselves wait for it because Tim and Lesley recommended it so highly, plus, we wanted to be able to get Tyson all excited about it for this upcoming Spring Break.

After waiting, they corralled us all into the 'briefing room':

Next up, we got to create our coaster. I was wondering how they made this move along... I imagined some folks sitting here forever, trying to create their ride... but it was all timed. You had to keep moving, or they would just make choices for you. GOOD CALL!!!

I also loved all the little knick-knacks at each station. We felt like real imagineers!

We decided to create a jet plane ride. We tried to make it as THRILLING as possible! It was quick, easy, and even kids could whip this out. Plus... there was a bit of math and physics involved, so Walt would've been proud of the educational element.

We took our card that the ride was loaded on, went to a simulator, hopped in, and rode the creation. IT WAS A BLAST!! Highly recommended!! I loved how you could see your ride partner on the little TV monitor inside your own monitor. That was really fun!

By this time, our lunch ressies were upon us. Time to head over to Mexico!
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only,2015 My First Half Marathon,2015 Spring Break Cruise

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 01-08-2010, 03:36 PM   #115
belle8306
DIS Veteran

I love Soarin'! Your treats from the bakery look good!
Old 01-08-2010, 09:51 PM   #116
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

I think I've said this before, but mornings on the Boardwalk are the best, especially when it's not crowded. Was there filling in Matt's danish? It looks great.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:41 AM   #117
Sooze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle8306 View Post
I love Soarin'! Your treats from the bakery look good!
Me too! Me too!!

And, let me tell ya, those treats WERE good! Can't wait to get back there this spring for another blueberry Mickey head.. yum!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
I think I've said this before, but mornings on the Boardwalk are the best, especially when it's not crowded. Was there filling in Matt's danish? It looks great.
I'm sure you've said it before, but you can never say it enough! It is a true 'vacation' moment when you're on the Boardwalk with nobody but your traveling companion(s), some treats, the gulls, and the tooting of the boat horns! LOVE IT!!!!

No filling.. it was a cinnamon roll, but I think it's upside down, so you can't tell very well! Obviously, though, it was delish!

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 01-09-2010, 09:30 AM   #118
Sooze
DIS Veteran

We had been looking forward to the next meal for so long, we couldn't believe it was actually time to head into the great Mexican pyramid to enjoy it! Of course, we arrived in Mexico about 30 minutes before our ADR, so we took some time on a bench in the sun to soak up the Epcot atmosphere. To our pleasant surprise, there were some musicians on the steps of the pyramid:

We had never seen these guys! Apparently, they've been around for a long while, but we've never happened upon them. See? People always ask me why we keep going back to WDW... haven't we done and seen everything? Why, NO, we haven't, thank you very much!

More pictures of the entertainers:

Our view:

And here's a short video clip of them playing. Matt (who is a trumpet player) and I talked about that "Mexican vibrato" that trumpet players have in groups like this. It's such a wide-wavering vibrato. We were wondering how that ever started!

We finally got off of our butts long enough to walk inside, check in, and immediately be seated at our table. We were one table away from the water and had a great view of the volcano!

And a great view of our menu!

We ate our way through two baskets of chips and salsa. It's funny... I think we look forward to the chips and salsa more than the actual meal!

But I ended up with the mahi mahi... AWESOME!

Matt went with the sirloin con chilaquiles... he enjoyed the steak, but the rest of the stuff on the plate.. meh...

We had a wonderful CM taking care of us. He kept the Diet Coke flowing and our chips and salsa full. It was a wonderful meal. We passed on dessert, hoping to grab some fried ice cream in between VoL sets.

I had been watching the boat ride pass us all through lunch, and wanted to take a nice ride down the Mexican river. So I forced Matt to come with me. Matt's reaction? ....typical Matt...

He couldn't complain that much... we walked right on the boat!

Our next stop was a tradition with us when we come by ourselves.

That's right.. we headed to the American Pavillion... IT'S VOICES OF LIBERTY TIME!!! We were so ready to sit on the edge of that red circle and listen to several sets of our favorite performing group in all of Disney. We had never heard them during the Christmas season, so we were giddy with excitement to hear some new stuff... and for them to help us get into the Christmas spirit (nothing does that for us like some great Christmas tunes).

Check out their GORGEOUS Christmas outfits:

We were absolutely blown away by them this time... well, as usual.. but hearing the Christmas songs... amazing!!! Our favorite tenor was there, and the young bass guy, too. Then some of our usual ladies, who never fail to entertain and sound perfect!

She is so beautiful!

The wife of the creator of VoL!

The young bass guy on right.. such a cutie!

Not sure how many of you are on Facebook, but that website has changed so many things for us. Including the ability to hook-up with people we know who will be at Disney the same time as us. Case in point.. my friend Stephanie and her beautiful family live in Texas now. She saw one of my status updates about being in Disney. We found out we'd be there at the same time. So we exchanged cell numbers, and were able to see each other on the first night at Illuminations. We also knew they were going to be at Epcot on this day. To our surprise, they walked into one of sets of VoL and saw us sitting in the prime spots. Score! We were able to watch two sets of VoL together. It was great spending time and being able to chat, since we only got a quick hug on the first night. Here is Stephanie and me:

Hooray for 'old' color guard friends!!

One more shot of the amazing VoL:

I do have some video to post of VOL. I'll get that loaded and do a separate post later! You'll have to hear some of their GREAT music!

I had a mission to accomplish before we headed to our dinner reservations. That mission: To find mlill's daughter, Jordan!!! She is working at Epcot as part of the college program. A little birdie told me that Jordan was going to be working at the pin trading station that day. So Matt and I finished the loop of World Showcase, and headed back into Future World.

I was shocked at how crowded and busy the pin trading station was!! I had to wait about 15 minutes before Jordan even had a chance to visit! But, we were able to sneak in a quick hello and a photo:

YAY! I met Jordan! She is SOOOO sweet and just seemed to fit PERFECTLY in at Epcot. I'm so glad for her and her family that she has been able to do this Disney gig. Wondering if her brother and sister will follow...? Before we left, she grabbed a special goodie out of a drawer. Apparently, her mom gave her the heads-up that Matt and I might be making a visit today. Look what she made for us:

Isn't that sweet?

I know it seems like we just ate at Mexico, but it was time for food once again! Please keep in mind that we enjoyed FOUR sets of VoL and a walk around WS before we went back to eat... just sayin'!

Stay tuned for more food! And the Candlelight processional, too!

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 01-09-2010, 11:36 AM   #119
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

It was great you were able to enjoy four set of VoL, they really add to the Disney magic at Christmas.
My husband and I are planning eat at Mexico in June, so I glad you gave a review.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
Old 01-09-2010, 05:44 PM   #120
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Can't believe that you sat through 4 sets of VOL, I really must go and listen to them on one of my trips. I am happy that you were able to meet Jordan, how sweet of her to give you those magical moment certificates and buttons. I really enjoyed reading her family's TRs, but I don't think Michelle is continuing to write them.
Looks like you had a beautiful day to be at Epcot. Can't wait to read about your dinner and processional experiences. Hope Matt dressed appropriately for the chilly FL weather.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: