Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2009, 07:58 PM   #91
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Your Beauty and the Beast pictures turned out great! So glad you were able to ride Rock 'n Roller Coaster without getting a headache. the Osborne Lights! I can't believe you had the energy to WALK over to Epcot and stay for Illuminations!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 12-21-2009, 08:15 PM   #92
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

I guess I was behind a few updates.....

ToT is probably one of Disney's best attractions! I love Matt's expression in that picture.

That walk from DHS to Epcot isn't that bad and it can be relaxing if it's not too hot and your dogs aren't barking (feet tired).
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-22-2009, 10:20 AM   #93
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooze View Post
3 HOURS?!?!?! Holy CRUD! Matt and I are sure that it's the FastPass line that DESTROYS that wait time. I think they should cut down the number of fast passes they distribute for each time. The line would move so much better if we didn't have to keep stopping to let 50 fast passers in!!
Gramma sid the same thing; they were allowing easily 30-40 FP-ers through for every 1-2 standby folks.

Quote:
What's even crazier? We decided to WALK to Epcot from DHS!! Actually, it was quite lovely. Just my man and me... strolling leisurely along the footpath... breathing in the perfect Florida evening, just cool enough to warrant a sweatshirt... watching the shuttle boats on the water... talking about the wonderful times we've had, and will have at the Boardwalk Resort. It was perfect.
It sounds perfect!
Quote:
So I took out my phone, put on the Tapestry of Nations music, and held it up to our ears, so we could have the proper soundtrack on our way out!
There's an App for that!

Quote:
Wooo hooo! I requested CP for the first time in a couple weeks; hope I get something that good!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 12-22-2009, 10:52 AM   #94
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Wow you really had one heck of a first day!!!! LOVE IT!!! The pictures are amazing. I really love the one from your balcony.

Can't wait to read more!
Old 12-23-2009, 06:09 PM   #95
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Hey Sooze! Great update and photos. It seems like the common complaint for Osborne Family Lights is the herd of humanity that shows up. One day I hope to join said herd. Hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas!

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:47 AM   #96
Sooze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Your Beauty and the Beast pictures turned out great! So glad you were able to ride Rock 'n Roller Coaster without getting a headache. the Osborne Lights! I can't believe you had the energy to WALK over to Epcot and stay for Illuminations!
Thanks! I am really looking forward to the day when I can afford a GREAT camera, take some classes, then head to DisneyWorld! I'd love to get some shots of performers with a true lens!

I'm going to call our walk to Epcot completely ADRENALINE fueled!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
I guess I was behind a few updates.....

ToT is probably one of Disney's best attractions! I love Matt's expression in that picture.

That walk from DHS to Epcot isn't that bad and it can be relaxing if it's not too hot and your dogs aren't barking (feet tired).
You're allowed to be a bit behind, Jordan! I forgive you!

And, yes, we did enjoy the walk.... I was skeptical at first, but it turned out to be one of our favorite moments of the trip. Thankfully, the dogs weren't barking yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Gramma sid the same thing; they were allowing easily 30-40 FP-ers through for every 1-2 standby folks.

There's an App for that!

Wooo hooo! I requested CP for the first time in a couple weeks; hope I get something that good!
I am proud that we had the same thoughts as Gramma... since (thanks to you) she is a Disney PRO!

That's IT! I can develop an APP that plays Disney background music, so whenever you need a dose, you can just whip out the iPhone!

Let me know how your CP view is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post
Wow you really had one heck of a first day!!!! LOVE IT!!! The pictures are amazing. I really love the one from your balcony.

Can't wait to read more!
We sure did! It was AWESOME! We were super excited when we saw our view. We slept the whole night with the curtains wide open... it was cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBiscuit View Post
Hey Sooze! Great update and photos. It seems like the common complaint for Osborne Family Lights is the herd of humanity that shows up. One day I hope to join said herd. Hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas!
HERD OF HUMANITY! I love that! You have the BEST vocabulary! Hope you get to experience that someday, too!
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary Trip,2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only,2015 My First Half Marathon,2015 Spring Break Cruise

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 12-24-2009, 09:29 AM   #97
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Quote:
We sure did! It was AWESOME! We were super excited when we saw our view. We slept the whole night with the curtains wide open... it was cool!

That's what I would have done too. BEAUTIFUL!!
Old 12-24-2009, 10:20 AM   #98
belle8306
DIS Veteran

I just found your new TR! I am all caught up. What a great deal on changing the flights! Your pictures are great! I want to try the fish and chips at Epcot. I am looking forward to seeing your Illuminations pictures. I just saw Illuminations for the first time on our last trip. It was amazing!

Have a Merry Christmas!!
Old 12-24-2009, 03:31 PM   #99
lovethecastle
Mouseketeer

Hi Susie-
a quick note-yes my son got the beauty & beast part. He starts rehearsals after the holidays. Thank you so much for asking!
Merry Christmas to your family!
Dec 03/Jan 04 WL
Dec 05/Jan 06 WL
Dec 07 Poly
Aug 09 CB
July 2011 CB
June/July 2012 swan/pcc 3.0
Old 12-24-2009, 08:16 PM   #100
Sooze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle8306 View Post
I just found your new TR! I am all caught up. What a great deal on changing the flights! Your pictures are great! I want to try the fish and chips at Epcot. I am looking forward to seeing your Illuminations pictures. I just saw Illuminations for the first time on our last trip. It was amazing!

Have a Merry Christmas!!
Hooray! Glad you found me! I have some great video coming up from the Illuminations Holiday finale. It was a tear-jerker for sure! Hoping to update during the relaxing holiday tomorrow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecastle View Post
Hi Susie-
a quick note-yes my son got the beauty & beast part. He starts rehearsals after the holidays. Thank you so much for asking!
Merry Christmas to your family!
CONGRATULATIONS to your DS!!! Merry Christmas to you, too!
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary Trip,2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only,2015 My First Half Marathon,2015 Spring Break Cruise

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 12-25-2009, 05:38 PM   #101
Sooze
DIS Veteran

We woke up the next day to a gorgeously perfect morning. We left the sliding door open as we got ready for the day so we could smell the Disney air and hear the Disney sounds!

The big, ugly balloon was flying high already this morning. I was watching the breeze just move this thing all over the place. Made me a bit weary of ever getting on it!!

Just a quick picture of the courtyard outside of our window. So pretty:

We jumped in the car and drove over to the Poly for our 9 am reservations at Kona. I was beyond ready to eat some of that Tonga Toast! On our way through the parking lot, we saw this funny sight:

You just never know what you're going to see in Disney World!

So, today was Monday.. you know, the day that NO ONE was supposed to be here. The day that has been reported as the slowest day of the year in Disney. Well... I'm guessing folks hadn't received the message because the Poly was MOBBED!! Here is the line we had to wait in just to check in at Kona:

We saw several angry guests who had no ADRs trying to get into the restaurant. There were LOTS of empty tables, but they were turning people away unless they had a reservation. Thankfully, we were all set!

Of course, Matt made fun of me because I thought our ressies were at 9, but it was really 9:40. So we could've slept another half hour. And after the day we had yesterday, those 30 minutes would've meant A LOT!

Oh well! That really doesn't matter, because in just a few minutes, we were at our table looking at this:

Here is the view I had while eating:

I really like the atmosphere in Kona.

Before we knew it, our food was here. Another classic Matt expression... fill in your own caption:

He ordered an omelet, I got the Tonga Toast (of course) and we agreed to split them to share!

Here I am ready to enjoy the delicious fare:

Just kidding! You don't eat it like that, silly! Check out the strawberry compote in front of me. Oh my gosh! I don't think I used that the last time I got Tonga Toast. This time, I did. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... I am just drooling remembering how scrumptious it was!!

We basically devoured the meal and were quickly on our way to DTD. I did not take a lot of pictures here because I was too busy spending WAY too much money!

I did take out my camera at the new Trend-D store. Really LOVED the displays in here!

Next stop was the Christmas store. We were really hoping to get some holiday decor for our house. Most specifically, a tree topper and a tree skirt. We were SO disappointed in the selection EVERY skirt was $75! I am sorry, but I am NOT spending $75 on a tree skirt. I can't imagine how many skirts they'd sell if they'd make a more wallet-friendly skirt... it doesn't have to have all the fancy embroidery, expensive fabrics, and plush feel. Just a cotton or felt version with that DisneyWorld touch. So what did we do?

Well, earlier, at World of Disney, we were checking out the $75 monorail that runs around the track... and we were talking about how we'd love to have that going around our tree...

So... $75 on a fancy skirt? Or $75 on a monorail that moves, and has little figures you can play with? EASY ANSWER!! We ordered the monorail and had it shipped to the house. We decided to tell the kids that Mickey was sending them a Christmas present. It all worked out perfectly!

The tree topper didn't work out, either. I must have a tree topper that lights up.. not sure why... just one of those 'that's-the-way-I've-always-had-it' kind of things! I could only find ONE topper that lit up, and it just didn't call to me. So, we were stuck with our same old angel we've had for 14 years!

Our final disappointment... the Christmas store sells no exterior decorations! What? Again... imagine the money they'd make there! Now, we are very subtle with our exterior decorations.. well, except for the giant Mickey wreath on our garage:

We were hoping to find a lighted Mickey head to hang in the large window above our front door. Nothing.

Before we left, I grabbed a few shots of the Christmas merchandise:

We left somewhat disappointed, but decided to cheer ourselves up with some Magic Kingdom action!

We drove over to the Contemporary and headed up to the monorail:

We admired the Contemporary's MASSIVE Mickey wreath:

And a little closer:

A few fun stories on the monorail... I grabbed this fun shot with the shadow of the balloon decorations on the glass:

And here is Matt...

What is he doing? You ask? He was using the voice recorder on his iPhone to record the monorail announcement "Please stand clear of the doors... Por Favor....etc. etc. in Spanish". He then texted it to all of our friends who were jealous of our trip. It makes a great ring tone, too! Once he did this, we started thinking of all kinds of things we could record and send to people!

We had a lovely trip over to the MK, with only a few strange glances at our recording activity!!

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 12-25-2009, 06:02 PM   #102
Sooze
DIS Veteran

We arrived at Magic Kingdom to more crowds. We weaved our way through Main Street traffic:

Grabbed a random shot of holiday decor:

And even went stealth to catch a shot of PEEPS for Jordan!!

My husband just didn't get why I couldn't stop laughing after that! I was just proud of my shot... and they had no idea!

We were kind of in a rush because we were wanting to catch the last show of "Dream Along With Mickey" in front of the castle. Why? Well, we have a friend who is a cast member. We had a WONDERFUL encounter with her at Spring Break:

Well, she was now playing Snow White in the show! We were so happy for her, and she knew we'd be there for the last show. Here are another bajillion shots of it. Enjoy!

Hilarious!

Everyone all together now... OUCH!!!

And out she came!!

Love this one!!

And a video clip of our friend in action (See if you can catch her waving at us!):

Cont'd in next post!

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 12-25-2009, 07:21 PM   #103
belle8306
DIS Veteran

Wow! I can't believe how busy it was! Kona is wonderful! I need to get there for breakfast someday. The Disney store had some cute tree skirts. Maybe they will be on clearance after the holiday. The monorail around the tree sounds so cute!
Old 12-25-2009, 07:45 PM   #104
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Location: Split between Pennsylvania and Europe (Croatia and Austria)

OMG! I think I'm going to totally steal your monorail ringtone idea next time I'm down there! That is awesome!
Old 12-25-2009, 08:05 PM   #105
Sooze
DIS Veteran

Here are a few more shots from the show:

Next up was dinner. We decided to try a new Counter Service: Pecos Bills. We had heard about the touch screen ordering and decided to give it a whirl. We felt a bit 'dirty', though... knowing that CMs were going to be losing jobs to these things... but oh well!

Again, it was UBER crowded, so we went outside and found a nice bench to sit on. I know I had a BBQ of some kind (chicken?pork?) and enjoyed it very much. I have no idea what Matt got, but we both had a nice meal.

We snuck in a viewing of the updated Hall of Presidents somewhere in here. It was fine... nothing much to say about it!

We had a great ride on Pirates. You know how the 'Disney pros' always GO LEFT when most of humanity goes right? Well, it really paid off for us! I was thinking that maybe the left side was closed because, as we walked into the main PotC entrance, a MOB of people were heading to the right. But, nope, the left was WIDE open. We strolled right in and got a whole boat to ourselves!! We let out some giddy 'yes-we-are-Disney-professionals' laughter as we passed the folks that went right, and were WAITING to load their FULL boat, and then enjoyed our ride!

Don't worry... we just took this quick picture with flash as we were pulling out of the dock. No more flash during the ride, right?!

After our encounter with Jack Sparrow, we were passing the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse! Something I've never done. Matt climbed around in it in July with Tyson and was really not feeling up to it.

Me? I was excited to go!!

It was fun! Not something I'd ever wait in line for, but it was cool! I enjoyed hearing the 'polka' music that they play in the treehouse. I listen to live365 Disney radio when I'm working at school, and that song always comes on. I'd never experienced the music with the attraction... well, now I have!!

As we crossed through the hub on our way to Tomorrowland, I caught my very first glance of the Icicle Castle. Wow... it took my breath away. Truly, pictures can NEVER capture the magic... kind of like Osborne lights. You just HAVE to see it live to really get it!

Here is a TERRIBLE picture as we blew by:

We battled it out on BLY. Matt had a COMMANDING lead, but I came back at the last minute!! This was my attempt to document the win... first, I accidentally had my flash on, so you can't see the numbers.. but you CAN see how Matt was TRYING to block the score!!

Then, I got my score:

And another attempt at Matt's... though he was pushing my arm around...

124,560... just in case you can't see it!

Next was a carefree and wait-less ride on TTA. And... we still love each other... because now we're EVEN!

Our next ride was the newly refurbished Space Mountain. We kept watching it all night and the wait times would flux from 30-50 minutes. So when it said 40, we decided to go for it. This became our #3 worst line.. behind TSM and Soarin'. The reason is this: After you meander your way through a long single queue, you emerge into the ride-load area and think you are almost there. PSYCH!! You now have to do the back and forth line for another 30 minutes. It's just torture.

Now. The upgrades. 1st of all, in the long single line that you start in, they have installed some games to play in order to take your mind off the long wait. THESE ARE COOL!! Here is Matt trying his hand at one of the games:

The bad thing is, while people are playing, it holds up the line for a good 5 minutes... then everyone moves forward a big jump. Not a big deal, but when you're way back in the end of the line and you don't know what's going on... standing still for 5 minutes can make you feel like you're waiting for Soarin!!

The other upgrade we noticed was the smoothness of the ride. We really enjoyed it! We aren't big Space Mountain riders.. so there may be other things that we just didn't notice!

It was finally time for Wishes, so we joined the herd of humanity (thanks, Great Biscuit!) in front of the castle. Here is my one and only shot I took during this whole thing!

Not too bad for my little cheap camera! We got there 45 minutes early, and were already crammed into a spot. I couldn't believe the number of people who would try to squeeze their way in front of, or next to us, only to realize it just wasn't going to work. It was the longest 45 minutes wait EVER!! There was a nice family in front of us that had a few kids and a big honkin' stroller and what looked like grandparents in tow. I saw the dad start making a bottle... mixing formula and trying to balance all of the crap that was on the stroller. Then it hit me... where is there a baby? I didn't see one! So I watched carefully, then was stunned when he handed the bottle to his wife, who proceeded to feed it to her AT LEAST 3 year old daughter. She even cradled her like a baby! Weird... I know I shouldn't judge when i don't know the situation, but... it was hard not to stare in disbelief.

Wishes was beautiful, and we made sure to record some of it with our phones to send to our envious friends! The only downer was there was no Tink. We had a great spot to see her, too. Not sure what happened?

When it was over, we jumped on a bench that was quickly vacated, and watched the MADNESS that was the exodus from Magic Kingdom. People watching is SOOOOO fantabulous, isn't it!?!

Finally, we started to head out ourselves. We stopped for some PhotoPass shots in front of the castle... this is my princess/prince pose:

(I was mad the photographer didn't get my feet. I was SO standing like a princess...)

And the fairy tale kiss... with the prince's eyes open!

And one more stroll down Main Street. It was fun to think about the next we'd be here with our kids in a few months!

We walked back to our car at the Contemporary, then back home. We knew we'd be able to sleep in the next morning, which was such a wonderful thought!

Tomorrow was our Epcot extravaganza! Come back now!

ME DH DS 14 DD 8

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: