Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2009, 05:32 PM   #76
lovethecastle
Mouseketeer

Hi Susie,
I love your tr. Your husband is very funny indeed.
I can't wait to show my (7th grade) son all the b& b pictures & video. He just auditioned for an ensemble part in the high school play on wednesday. The budget was cut for the middle school play this yr so the middle school kids could try out for ensemble parts. (he sang be our guest)ps-yes the play was b&b
Anyway, looking foward to more!!
Dec 03/Jan 04 WL
Dec 05/Jan 06 WL
Dec 07 Poly
Aug 09 CB
July 2011 CB
June/July 2012 swan/pcc 3.0

Last edited by lovethecastle; 12-11-2009 at 05:43 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:58 AM   #77
Sooze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Awwww..I love Beauty & the Beast! Such fun pics. How cool it's been the same Belle everytime you've gone.
That show has really grown on me! At first, I thought it was pretty dated. But the more I see it, the more I like it! I just wish the ensemble would actually sing instead of lip-synch (like they do in the Nemo Musical). It would just make it seem that much more Broadway-authentic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post
Glad you guys made it home to the kiddo's safely!

I am LOVING looking at all of your pictures. We will have to check out one of the AI shows on our next trip. We didn't do that last Feb.

We also havent watched Beauty and the Beast since 1996!! I am going to try to get DH and DS to watch that this time also.
Thanks.. I always feel the greatest sense of relief when our plane lands safely at home! It was great to see our babies again!

The great thing about the AI show is how quick they go. They are only 30 minutes and they are quite entertaining! Hope you get to see one.

Good luck on getting the boys in to BB!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecastle View Post
Hi Susie,
I love your tr. Your husband is very funny indeed.
I can't wait to show my (7th grade) son all the b& b pictures & video. He just auditioned for an ensemble part in the high school play on wednesday. The budget was cut for the middle school play this yr so the middle school kids could try out for ensemble parts. (he sang be our guest)ps-yes the play was b&b
Anyway, looking foward to more!!
Ha! My husband's humor was the first thing that ever attracted me to him! Laughter is important to our family!!

I always try to get pictures of the ensembles in shows. They are SO important and often overlooked. I just love how, in Disney, EVERY actor/singer/dancer is always giving 100% at all times, even if they aren't the 'lead'. That is what makes a show spectacular!! Sure hope your DS gets to experience the thrill of being in the ensemble of Beauty and the Beast!
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only,2015 My First Half Marathon,2015 Spring Break Cruise

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2009, 08:13 AM   #78
cdotla
Trish

Great TR! It is so great to be able to do an adult only trip, isn't it?

Can't wait for more!
Old 12-13-2009, 01:05 PM   #79
Sooze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Great TR! It is so great to be able to do an adult only trip, isn't it?

Can't wait for more!
Welcome!! It sure IS great!! We try to do this every year!

More is on its way....
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only,2015 My First Half Marathon,2015 Spring Break Cruise

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 12-13-2009, 01:31 PM   #80
Sooze
DIS Veteran

My GOSH... are we STILL at Hollywood Studios?!?! Yes... we are! It was time for a few more thrills.

One more go on this:

Matt was being funny (as usual) on the ride. Every time I glanced over at him during the falling sequence, this is what he looked like:

So, much to his dismay, I made him recreate that face in the dump shop so I could capture it on digital memory! I think it's hilarious that the little squiggle on the shirt looks like it's coming out of his mouth!

We headed back out to Sunset Blvd. Check out these crowds! Not what I expected this time of year:

Matt and I gave in and went for the 30 minute wait time for RnR (which wasn't that bad). I was debating, because the past several times I've been on this, I've gotten off with a killer headache. But that take-off is SOOOO exhilarating... I just couldn't pass it up. Besides, I had a container full of Ibuprofen. I should be okay, right?

ToT shots from the RnR line:

I like the moon over the palm trees in this one. What I like even more is that there was a FULL MOON while we were here...and I didn't have to teach school for 3 days... which meant I was missing out on Full Moon mania!

Random queue shots:

So, guess what?! I held my head as firmly as I could throughout the whole ride... and I got off.. HEADACHE FREE! It was a GREAT ride!

We were killing time for the sun to go down so we could finally witness the Osborne lights. The sun was finally heading that way... so we began to mosey on over to the Streets of Americas... or whatever they call that place. On the way, I noticed that the AI Experience has a new entrance for auditionees. I also noticed that they posted the song list. Something that wasn't available when I auditioned in April. Here's the list...

Now I can REALLY plan for my next audition in March! Yes!!

Matt and I found a cozy spot on one of the curbs. The Osborne Lights area was a MAD HOUSE!! WALL TO WALL bodies. It was CAH-RAZE-EY!!
So we went a bit out-of-the way, to the side street where there's a tunnel of lights. We rested our weary feet for a while, until we heard the announcements start. Here we go!!

When they flipped on these lights, people, it was MAGICAL!!! SO MAGICAL!! And we weren't even on the main street. Pictures will NEVER do this display justice. Simply gorgeous! Here are a few pictures:

Hidden Mickeys were scattered around:

My sister-in-law has her kids call her mom Ga-Ga. So I took this for her!

This tree was amazing. But look at all the people! I couldn't stop and take any good pictures. I just held my camera up and shot what I could as I squashed my way around.

If I could change one thing about that display, it'd be the crowds. Maybe if we went later in the evening, not right when they flipped the switch, it would've been more enjoyable? It was like Disneyland at Christmas crowded... brutal!

Don't laugh at this next one. Again, I was taking it while cramming thought bodies, but I wanted to capture the 'snow' that was falling, too! You can make out a few flakes here:

So... have you had enough of Hollywood Studios?!?! We sure had!! But we weren't done yet!! Our poor bodies were going to have to stay awake for Illuminations! Let's get over to Epcot!!

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 12-13-2009, 03:53 PM   #81
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Woo! ToT is so much fun! I always end up laughing. Love the pic of Matt in front of that shirt. That squiggle looks hilarious coming from his mouth!

RnRC is not one of my top favorites. I always end up getting off the ride with a headache.

Oooh, I've never really looked at the song list before! Not that I'd ever have the guts to audition though! So it's awesome that you are going to!

By the way, when in March are you going?
Old 12-13-2009, 07:05 PM   #82
Sooze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Woo! ToT is so much fun! I always end up laughing. Love the pic of Matt in front of that shirt. That squiggle looks hilarious coming from his mouth!

RnRC is not one of my top favorites. I always end up getting off the ride with a headache.

Oooh, I've never really looked at the song list before! Not that I'd ever have the guts to audition though! So it's awesome that you are going to!

By the way, when in March are you going?
On RnRC... I always braced my head for the take-off, but it got bounced around so badly on the rest of the ride. This time... I really concentrated on keeping my head still against the headrest.. it worked!

We arrive on March 26 and stay until April 2. I need to get my new ticker up and running, don't I?!

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 12-14-2009, 03:43 PM   #83
lovethecastle
Mouseketeer

I love osborne lights! Those were some crowds-we have gone during the week between christmas & new years & have never seen it really that bad. We also go very early in the evening.
Thanks for the good wishes to my son for getting the ensemble part in
beauty & the beast. We are still waiting to hear.
have a good day!
Dec 03/Jan 04 WL
Dec 05/Jan 06 WL
Dec 07 Poly
Aug 09 CB
July 2011 CB
June/July 2012 swan/pcc 3.0
Old 12-14-2009, 03:53 PM   #84
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooze View Post
We arrive on March 26 and stay until April 2.
Aw darn it! We'll be missing each other! I'll be there March 14-19.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:13 PM   #85
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

I'm late!

Quote:
Time to battle it out in TSM! Of course, there were no fast passes left... dang crowds. But we sucked it up once again, and got in the SEVENTY minute standby line. UGH! At least we had our iPhones, and we weren't lugging around a napping child (like the last time we were in this line!)
Oh no - you did it, too? Did you see that I got into TSM with a 90-minute posted wait... and bailed after 2 hours, leaving Gramma and Leo to wait it out... mere days before you got there?! They wound up waiting just under 3 hours. 3 HOURS!

Quote:
I have a concern about Mr. Potato Head. We had to listen to him for an hour. We had to hear the same jokes over and over. Disney HAS to know how slow-moving and painful that standby line is. Can't they give him more material? PLEASE?!?!?!

Quote:
Anyone else have this problem? What do you do to keep your pictures 'fresh' when you go so often?
Yep, sure do. I stopped shooting altogether for a while there, lol! But I'm up and running again, doing just what you said; looking for the overlooked things.

Quote:
Matt and I found a cozy spot on one of the curbs. The Osborne Lights area was a MAD HOUSE!! WALL TO WALL bodies. It was CAH-RAZE-EY!!
So we went a bit out-of-the way, to the side street where there's a tunnel of lights.
Awww, my heart just leapt a little - that's exactly where we go, too!

Quote:
If I could change one thing about that display, it'd be the crowds. Maybe if we went later in the evening, not right when they flipped the switch, it would've been more enjoyable?
We skipped the lighting this year to try that very rationale... and it was MUCH better. There were still lots of people, but it was a relaxed environment; no one was in a rush for anything and we all just mingled and "ooo'd" and "aaah'd"

I run Disney!
WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Old 12-19-2009, 09:55 AM   #86
Sooze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecastle View Post
I love osborne lights! Those were some crowds-we have gone during the week between christmas & new years & have never seen it really that bad. We also go very early in the evening.
Thanks for the good wishes to my son for getting the ensemble part in
beauty & the beast. We are still waiting to hear.
have a good day!
Any word on Beauty and the Beast yet?

Quote:
Aw darn it! We'll be missing each other! I'll be there March 14-19.
You'll probably have much better crowd luck than we will!! Where are you staying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
I'm late!

Oh no - you did it, too? Did you see that I got into TSM with a 90-minute posted wait... and bailed after 2 hours, leaving Gramma and Leo to wait it out... mere days before you got there?! They wound up waiting just under 3 hours. 3 HOURS!

Yep, sure do. I stopped shooting altogether for a while there, lol! But I'm up and running again, doing just what you said; looking for the overlooked things.

We skipped the lighting this year to try that very rationale... and it was MUCH better. There were still lots of people, but it was a relaxed environment; no one was in a rush for anything and we all just mingled and "ooo'd" and "aaah'd"
Better late than never, V!! 3 HOURS?!?!?! Holy CRUD! Matt and I are sure that it's the FastPass line that DESTROYS that wait time. I think they should cut down the number of fast passes they distribute for each time. The line would move so much better if we didn't have to keep stopping to let 50 fast passers in!!

I noticed your "signage" shots on the Picture of the Day thread. That's a fun idea to keep things fresh for another trip!

Lesson learned about the Osborne Lights. We'll definitely wait until later in the evening to check those out again!

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 12-19-2009, 10:13 AM   #87
Sooze
DIS Veteran

END of Day 1... finally!

Wow... I told you this was the longest day EVER! We had been up since 3:30 am and lasted until the lighting of the Osborne Lights, but there was no way we'd miss our traditional first night of Illuminations. What's even crazier? We decided to WALK to Epcot from DHS!! Actually, it was quite lovely. Just my man and me... strolling leisurely along the footpath... breathing in the perfect Florida evening, just cool enough to warrant a sweatshirt... watching the shuttle boats on the water... talking about the wonderful times we've had, and will have at the Boardwalk Resort. It was perfect.

By the time we walked through International Gateway, we were famished! Just ahead... fish n' chips!! Honestly, I've never had them here. Weird, eh? There was no line, so Matt quickly got us some of the famous British fare, and we found a comfy spot on the lagoon to enjoy. WOW! The fish and chips were out of this world good! Just a perfect crispness!!

Here we are enjoying:

HONEY?!?!?! I said ENJOYING!!!!

My fish face, in honor of the meal:

We lingered on the lagoon for quite a while. Checked in on the kids. Then we began the walk around World Showcase to our favorite spot in Mexico. On the way, we stopped for a dessert:

Ooops... I guess we ate it too fast for a picture.

Here's Matt getting every last morsel of powdered sugar:

We were happy to arrive at our 'spot' (which is in Mexico, right next to the ring engraver stand... it is near a speaker, and right on top of one of the firework launches!) to find it empty. It was still an hour before Illuminations since it had the late 9:30 time for the holidays. We got comfy and played games on our iPhones. Matt took this picture of me in our spot.. look how tired I am!!

The show was PERFECT! Even more amazing, was the extra holiday show that went on AFTER Illuminations. They played "Let There Be Peace on Earth" and had the most gorgeous fireworks.. with a CRAZY ending with TONS of them! It was so loud and beautiful.. the music was inspiring... wow.. brought tears to both of our eyes!

Our night was finally over. We were SO beat. And we were so glad we just had to stroll back to our car at the Boardwalk. The ONLY disappointment of the day (besides the long wait at TSM) was that they didn't play the normal exit music in World Showcase (the tapestry of nations stuff). We thought they might start playing some Christmas-y stuff, but they didn't. They just turned the soundtracks of each country back on. So I took out my phone, put on the Tapestry of Nations music, and held it up to our ears, so we could have the proper soundtrack on our way out!

Earlier in the day, we had received a text saying our room was ready. So we drove right over to Congress Park to find our room.

I took this shot in the elevator to try and capture the sheer exhaustion we were feeling:

Look at my husband! He is just thinking I am crazy!!!

We arrived home:

And quickly went to check out our view:

GORGEOUS!! A perfect ending, to a long, perfectly exhausting day!

Time for bed... we had a date with Tonga Toast in the morning!!!

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 12-19-2009, 10:20 AM   #88
cdotla
Trish

Wow - that sure was a jam-packed day! I am impressed!

Too bad about the lack of Tapestry of Nations exit music - I would have been disappointed too!

Can't wait to read more!
Old 12-20-2009, 12:02 AM   #89
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Location: Split between Pennsylvania and Europe (Croatia and Austria)

Holy cow! That IS a long day! But it looked like a perfect Disney day. I really enjoyed the pics of the Osborne lights.

Enjoyed the AI list of songs too. Although I've heard that it's basically an all day commitment when you do it. Is that true? I see that my old karaoke standby is on the list though. (Vision of Love) Perhaps I might try it when I'm there in December for my girls-only trip.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:58 AM   #90
Sooze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Wow - that sure was a jam-packed day! I am impressed!

Too bad about the lack of Tapestry of Nations exit music - I would have been disappointed too!

Can't wait to read more!
Typing up this report about it sure made me realize how much we crammed in! It was a great day!!
We never asked anyone about the music. I'm hoping it's just a 'holiday' thing. There were lots of random weird things that were happening because of the holiday changes. When we get back there in March, Tapestry better be back on!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenSop View Post
Holy cow! That IS a long day! But it looked like a perfect Disney day. I really enjoyed the pics of the Osborne lights.

Enjoyed the AI list of songs too. Although I've heard that it's basically an all day commitment when you do it. Is that true? I see that my old karaoke standby is on the list though. (Vision of Love) Perhaps I might try it when I'm there in December for my girls-only trip.
If you win your round and have to perform again at night, I can see it being a full-day commitment. But you get to go back out into the parks and enjoy yourself in between performances. It's not like they lock you in the studio for the day! Since I didn't win my round, it really turned out to be about a 2 hour commitment. I also got a pretty early performance time. I'm sure the day varies for everyone, depending on their situation.

I would definitely say GO FOR IT!! You are a performer, and this would be something you'd never forget. Plus, you and Brian head to Disney often now... so it's okay if you don't get to everything, every trip. Know what I mean? Vision of Love, eh? I'd love to hear it!!

ME DH DS 14 DD 8

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: