Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2009, 09:33 PM   #1
Mason7AK
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up Quick Trip Report of Last Week!

We took our two youngest children for a surprise trip to Disneyland Resort last week. Thought I would do a quick trip report. Our family was Myself, DH, DS7 (paraplegic, wheelchair) and DD4 (Severe Hearing Loss, Cxochlear Implant and mild CP). We drove from Texas, arrived Tuesday,stayed at Disneyland Hotel, and spent two days at the parks before driving home on Friday.

The weather was wonderful and the crowds were non existent! We must have just beat the Thanksgiving crowds, which is what we were hoping for! The Christmas decorations were beautiful.

We were just so pleased with how well our children were treated by all the cast members. We ate at the Plaza on Wednesday for the character breakfast. The lead character handler was deaf and spotted our DD's Cochlear Implant, and she was so nice to DD and brought her a first visit pin and made sure all the characters came by to see her and knew she was hearing impaired. It was a wonderful experience for her!

We really enjoyed staying at the Disneyland Hotel. Our room was in the Wonder Tower, on the 10th floor and we could see most of the fireworks from our room (view was only slightly blocked by the Dreams tower). It looked to us like the Dreams tower was either completely closed or all but one end was closed for renovations. There was a blue wall around 3/4 of the building.

All in all, it was a great trip. Our DS7 said it best on Friday when he gave us a sad little face and said "Can't we just STAY?" LOL - I felt the same way!
We had not been to Disneyland since our older children were little, and were so pleasantly surprised how much the resort had to offer. It does have its own special Magic!

Mom Dad Army DS25 Army DD21 DD13 DS12 DD(Forever)4 DS4 DD2
Mason7AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:38 PM   #2
Eeee-va
Happiest robot on Earth

Oh, that sounds like the perfect trip! I'm glad you had so much fun! It looks like the week BEFORE Thanksgiving was just a spectacular time to go this year...I am going to have to keep that in mind for the future.
Eeee-va is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2009, 09:49 PM   #3
jenpace
DIS Veteran

How fun...glad you guys had a great time
Old 11-24-2009, 11:29 PM   #4
DizMe
Here we gooooo...
It's amazing how that happens

I'm so happy to hear you had a great time!!! . I love DLH!! How wonderful that the CMs were really awesome, too. I'm sure your kids had an unforgettable trip, and it must've been so heartwarming to see the magic through their eyes. Thanks for sharing!

DizHe and DizMe DizWees DizHe & Our 4 Princesses
DizMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:28 AM   #5
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Sounds like a wonderful trip. Isn't it amazing how some Disney CM's just really go the extra mile.

Wondering if you can tell me more about the deaf CM. Did they utilize ASL or did they communicate orally?

My son is hoh and I am a member of our state Hands & Voices organization. Anyhow, always gathering up information that might help a family with a deaf or hoh kiddo.

Thanks! Tracey

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: