Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran

New experience for a WDW vet: The Princesses! WDID???

After 10 trips over the last 6 years with DH, then with DH and DS, it's now time to take DD2. And she is NUTS about the princesses. Specifically Belle, Rapunzel, and Ariel.

I've never done this before, DS could care less about characters so I have no clue as to strategies, etc....our strategy used to be "if the line is short, jump in it; if not, move on"

SHould I just try to do all princesses as close to rope drop as possible? I know I can find Belle at Epcot but can we find Ariel at DHS? Is Rapunzel only at MK?

I'm out of my element here!!!!

jpeka65844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

This site posts all the regular characters in all the parks along with their schedules. It's a great resource:

http://kennythepirate.com/

Ariel is only in the MK, over in her new Grotto in new Fantasyland. She also appears at CRT sometimes and at Akershus. Do you have any character meals planned?

Rapunzel is only at TST at the MK.

Belle is in Epcot in her blue Provincial costume. She is at Akershus in her gold gown and in Enchanted Tales with Belle in the MK. Interaction at ETWB is very brief, but you can get a photo at the end. Either have her volunteer to play a part in the story or just get in the line at the end when they start photos.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2012, 05:37 PM   #3
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

PRINCESS
Names are links to images at said locations.

Snow White
: MK, EC; DINING: CRT, Akershus
Cinderella: MK; DINING: CRT, 1900 Park Fare, Akershus
Aurora: MK, EC; DINING: CRT, Akershus
Ariel: MK; DINING: CRT, Akershus
Belle: MK, EC; DINING: Akershus
Jasmine: MK, EC; DINING: CRT
Pocahontas: DAK
Mulan: EC
Tiana: MK
Rapunzel: MK
Merida: MK
Old 10-19-2012, 08:19 PM   #4
mwmom
5th Time Disney Visitor

Other than seeing the princesses at Akershus and CRT, our favorite place is World Showcase. When you enter Epcot, pick up a Times Guide. It will tell you what time each princess will be in a country. Get there a little early and ask where to line up if you don't already see a line. This is what keeps my DD interested in WS. We'll hang out in the country until it is time to get in line. This allows me to enjoy the countries and gives her something to be excited about.

The princesses we have seen in WS are Belle (in her blue dress if not inside Akershus where she wears the yellow dress), Snow White, Aurora and Jasmine. While they may not be princesses, we have seen the beloved Pooh, Tigger, Beast, Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland and Marie (from Aristocats) as well.

With the Fab 5 and Stitch at the front of the park, Epcot is obviously a great place to see characters.

mwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:45 PM   #5
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwmom View Post
Other than seeing the princesses at Akershus and CRT, our favorite place is World Showcase. When you enter Epcot, pick up a Times Guide. It will tell you what time each princess will be in a country. Get there a little early and ask where to line up if you don't already see a line. This is what keeps my DD interested in WS. We'll hang out in the country until it is time to get in line. This allows me to enjoy the countries and gives her something to be excited about.

The princesses we have seen in WS are Belle (in her blue dress if not inside Akershus where she wears the yellow dress), Snow White, Aurora and Jasmine. While they may not be princesses, we have seen the beloved Pooh, Tigger, Beast, Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland and Marie (from Aristocats) as well.

With the Fab 5 and Stitch at the front of the park, Epcot is obviously a great place to see characters.
Just an FYI..... Marie has left Epcot for the Magic Kingdom.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:15 PM   #6
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

If you are specificaly looking for Belle and Ariel, then I would book a character meal at Akershus in Norway at EPCOT and get those 2 out of the way. We enjoyed breakfast there. To meet Rapunzel, you can find her at Town Square Theater at MK. It should be fairly quick to see her if you go first thing in the morning.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:24 PM   #7
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran

We're skipping character meals this time around, due to money and time.

At MK, which princess would be best to get at rope drop? Ariel or Rapunzel? One of them will have to wait until later in the day.

BTW, DH and DS are in DLR right now and he txted me that Rapunzel's line was 90 minutes at one point. Ugh.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:29 PM   #8
kennythepirate
Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
Toy Story Mania MASTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeka65844 View Post
We're skipping character meals this time around, due to money and time.

At MK, which princess would be best to get at rope drop? Ariel or Rapunzel? One of them will have to wait until later in the day.

BTW, DH and DS are in DLR right now and he txted me that Rapunzel's line was 90 minutes at one point. Ugh.
Ariel and Belle's area's are currently only for cat previews.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:21 PM   #9
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran

We'll be going in January so FL will be full out open. We're trying to get two MK rope drop days into our schedule so we can hit one princess at each. Not sure if we're gonna make it, though.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:23 PM   #10
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeka65844 View Post
After 10 trips over the last 6 years with DH, then with DH and DS, it's now time to take DD2. And she is NUTS about the princesses. Specifically Belle, Rapunzel, and Ariel.

I've never done this before, DS could care less about characters so I have no clue as to strategies, etc....our strategy used to be "if the line is short, jump in it; if not, move on"

SHould I just try to do all princesses as close to rope drop as possible? I know I can find Belle at Epcot but can we find Ariel at DHS? Is Rapunzel only at MK?

I'm out of my element here!!!!
only input I would give is that if you want to participate in a specific princess meet and greet session, be in line way before said session starts

We experienced a few times our last trip where we showed up to get on line right when the session started and told that we were too late, the line was full/too long

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: