Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2014, 02:42 PM   #16
biondagirl
Mouseketeer

It took me a year to lose 55 pounds. I didn't eat "clean". I ate healthier, still ate out on weekends (I'd check the nutritional values of meals before we went), controlled my snacking, measured my food and exercised moderately. I was determined but not CRAZED. I feel it took a long time. However. . . four years later I'm still maintaining it - usually within 5 to 8 pounds.

I know people that think they can eat anything because they work out. So NOT TRUE. Losing weight, I found, is more about what you eat, then how much you exercise. For me, it took a bit of both.

Good luck! You can do it.

biondagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:32 PM   #17
erinmarie2224
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait View Post
. It is better than nothing but one really needs 45-60 minutes for a work out that will change a life.
I strongly echo this - try to work out 60 minutes a day and expect to lose 1-2 lbs per week. Your muscles will get use to the same workout and burn less calories so you want to vary your workouts and make them progressively harder. If you have a full hour try 35 mins cardio and 25 mins strengthening - alternating between abs and arms/legs each day.

There are plenty of aps out there to help you along the way but I would recommend MyFitnessPal. You can track weight, waist size, arm size and theigh size. You can also track your daily workout (calories burned) against your food intake.

Not eating processed foods is great but also try focusing on fat and sugar content as well. Eating goods high in protein will keep you feeling fuller longer (nuts, lean meats & greek yogurt are all great) and if eating any bread products try to only eat multi-grain.

Good Luck & make sure to celebrate the milestones!

I've eaten at 71 out of 247 restaurants at Walt Disney World (29%)

2013 YC/CBR ~ 2012 AKL/CS ~ 2011 POR Riverside ~
2008 Dolphin

erinmarie2224 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2014, 09:37 AM   #18
Jacoby 46
Run Disney in November!

It took me 6 months to lose 47 pounds and I am still going! I was doing Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones 3 days a week, Water Aerobics on Mondays and Pilates on Tuesdays. I eat a pretty healthy diet, sometimes I cheat, but mostly fruits and veggies. I also use my Elliptical occasionally.

This works best for me and now that I have increased my Jillian workouts to 5 days a week, I see better results this month!

Good Luck!
Old 03-18-2014, 08:37 PM   #19
Waiting2goback
Mouseketeer

The original poster hasn't come back but I decided to post anyway. I started with a goal of 50 lbs to lose as well. I was eating healthy and exercising and after 2 months I had not lost an ounce. I tracked all my calories and taken measurements. No changes. Then I read "The Blood Sugar Solution". After that I decided I would follow the recommendations of the book and do a dairy free and gluten free diet. I started it on 12/29/13. I am doing that in conjunction with P90X. At my 2 month mark I was down 20 lbs.

I ran into some roadblocks the last 2 weeks with everyone in the family getting sick so I am not expecting that pace will continue by the 3rd month weigh-in. But, I have decided that I am making this my lifestyle. I feel more energy, my confidence is much higher, I am more productive, etc...

So, long story short, there is no way to know because you might be doing all the right things and still not lose because your body doesn't like the food your eating, which is what was happening to me.

And, much like the previous poster, I signed up for my first runDisney race. I am doing the ToT ten miler in October. I hate running but wanted the challenge, and the reward of a Disney trip makes it easier.
Waiting2goback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:12 AM   #20
ptlohmysoul
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting2goback View Post
The original poster hasn't come back but I decided to post anyway. I started with a goal of 50 lbs to lose as well. I was eating healthy and exercising and after 2 months I had not lost an ounce. I tracked all my calories and taken measurements. No changes. Then I read "The Blood Sugar Solution". After that I decided I would follow the recommendations of the book and do a dairy free and gluten free diet. I started it on 12/29/13. I am doing that in conjunction with P90X. At my 2 month mark I was down 20 lbs.

I ran into some roadblocks the last 2 weeks with everyone in the family getting sick so I am not expecting that pace will continue by the 3rd month weigh-in. But, I have decided that I am making this my lifestyle. I feel more energy, my confidence is much higher, I am more productive, etc...

So, long story short, there is no way to know because you might be doing all the right things and still not lose because your body doesn't like the food your eating, which is what was happening to me.

And, much like the previous poster, I signed up for my first runDisney race. I am doing the ToT ten miler in October. I hate running but wanted the challenge, and the reward of a Disney trip makes it easier.
It sounds like you are doing the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD). I would encourage you to also look at the GAPS diet (Gut and Psychology Syndrome) and see if it applies.
ptlohmysoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:24 AM   #21
Waiting2goback
Mouseketeer

I looked at both diets briefly. All the foods I eat are allowed on the SCD but they allow for certain kinds of cheeses, which I am avoiding. The other diet seems to allow for some fermented diary and they want you to eat a combination of cooked, fermented, and raw eggs if I read it correctly.

My outlook has been to just eliminate as much processed foods and sugars as possible. I use an app called LoseIt! and it breaks down how much sodium and suagrs I take in, among a bunch of other stuff. I am, probably for the first time in my life, staying within the guidelines for sodium intake. I can only imagine how high I was back when I ate everything in sight. The sugars are harder because some foods have natural sugars but I haven't been having candy and ice cream and stuff so I am guessing my sugars are all from natural sources.

All I know, is whatever I am doing is working. Since 12/29 I have been averaging 2 lbs a week lost and I am eating plenty of food. I can eat a bowl of strawberries for the same calories as about 15 chips so I am probably actually eating more food, it is just the right kind.

I hope to be down another 30 lbs by October when I run the ToT 10 miler. Hopefully it all keeps working.
Waiting2goback is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: