Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2009, 03:20 PM   #1
MImommy
Earning My Ears

Best hotel with a 16 month old?

My DH and I are traveling to Disney next Thanksgiving. This will be my LO's first trip but I have gone several times. I have always stayed at POP or WL. We are looking for the best choice with a 16 month old. There will be no other children. Any suggestions are appreciated. Looking for best kiddy pool, easy access, crib, or anything that I might not think of. Thanks! Any other baby suggestions are also appreciated.
MImommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:42 PM   #2
kiddisney
DIS Veteran

there are a lot

we've taken our kids to pofq when the oldest were each 18 & 17 months old - the kiddie pool is nice there -

and we went to wl when the youngest was 16 months old - this kiddie pool was okay -

i think you may want to find a smaller resort so that it's not too crowded for the baby -

wdw: '83,'85-'86,'88-'89,'91-'93,'95,'97-'99,'02-'03, '05-'06, '08 -'14 (30 visits & counting - 10 trips in 13 months to visit dd: wdw imagineering intern & ds: wdw cp)
dl: '82,'87,'95
dcl: '98,'99,'00,'02,'03,'04 ... '11,'12,'14 (dbl dips gives us platinum)

kiddisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2009, 09:09 AM   #3
jacksmomma
WWMD?~ What Would Mickey Do?

We stayed at POFQ when DS was 18 months old and really enjoyed it. It was nice to have the boat transport to DTD. We did not go to the pool as it was closed for Re-ferb. Think about which parks you will be spending the most time in and if that will effect where you stay. Hotels on the monorail line are always nice with little ones if you foresee having to go back to the resorts for naps. (My DS was perfectly content to nap in the stroller.)

The resort with the best kiddie pool is the Yacht/Beach Club. They have a sand bottom area with buckets and shovels for the little ones as well as a lazy river and a very large waterslide.
6/04 Yacht Club
8/04 Disneyland
6/05 Disneyland
2/08 POFQ
6-7/08 ASSports
5/11 Pop
jacksmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:40 AM   #4
FSUSammy
DIS Veteran

We've stayed at POFQ, POR, AKL, and WL so far with our DS. We will be at CSR tonight for our 2nd Thanksgiving up there. You might not need the pool at all, this is the 2nd year in a row when the weather around Thanksgiving has started to dip drastically. It is supposed to start dipping tomorrow I believe, but last year it dipped the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.

Honestly I wouldn't worry about which resort has easiest access. I will say that our DS LOVED the boat going to/from MK from the WL. He would get pissed when the boat would leave without him inside it. I'm sure whatever you choose it'll be a GREAT vacation.

Next Up: AAR - Oct 2012, YC - Nov 2012, POFQ - Nov 2012

Past Trips: Poly - Oct 2011, POP - May 2010 , CSR - Nov 2009 , WL - Oct 2009, SSR - May 2009 , AKL - March 2009 , POR - Nov 2008 , POFQ - July 2008
FSUSammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:11 AM   #5
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

I think the AKL might be a good choice. That way, if baby is sleeping, you can enjoy the balcony and watching the animals rather than being cooped up in the room. The pool there is great too with zero entry and my DS has always loved looking at animals.

If you want proximity to the MK, then the WL is a great choice. My DS always has loved the boatride. The Poly is great too (HUGE rooms) but can be really pricey. Love being on the monorail though!

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:41 PM   #6
MImommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUSammy View Post
We've stayed at POFQ, POR, AKL, and WL so far with our DS. We will be at CSR tonight for our 2nd Thanksgiving up there. You might not need the pool at all, this is the 2nd year in a row when the weather around Thanksgiving has started to dip drastically. It is supposed to start dipping tomorrow I believe, but last year it dipped the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.

Honestly I wouldn't worry about which resort has easiest access. I will say that our DS LOVED the boat going to/from MK from the WL. He would get pissed when the boat would leave without him inside it. I'm sure whatever you choose it'll be a GREAT vacation.
I really hope it doesn't dip to much! I really am looking forward to some warmth. Usually, I am dealing with snow by Thanksgiving. What is the temp down there?
Old 11-26-2009, 05:02 AM   #7
happymommy
DIS Veteran

The weather can vary dramatically! We've been the week after, a few times. We've had sweatshirts and jeans on, as well as my kids have been swimming (it's too cold for me unless it's over 85!).

So, be prepared for warm, cool, and even a cold night is possible.

Honestly, ALL the Disney resorts are so great, so different and unique. I'd pick which one appeals to you, as far as where you plan on spending most of your time, and you won't go wrong. They are all so family and baby friendly.

For us, we loved the BWV and BWI, as we love the convenience of walking with a stroller to Epcot. But that is just us.

The AKL had a great zero entry pool that I loved for my kids when they were little - they even gave a swim vest to my DD and she loved that. But, you have only bus service, which can be harder with the stroller. I didn't mind, but it's a consideration.

Previous WDW vacations include:
CR as a child with parents 1992 offsite twice 1993 Honeymoon GF 1995 BC 1996 SOG 2000 GF 2001 BWV 2003 (spring break) CR 2003 (summer) AKL 2003 (Christmas break including NYE) AKL concierge 2005 summer BWV 2006 April Swan 2006 August Dolphin 2007 March AKL 2007 August Dolphin 2008 March 7 Night Western on the Magic
2008 August (The Dark Side) PBH 2008 Dec BWI 2009 March Swan 2010 March Offsite (Grande Vista) 2010 December BWV plus 2 nights Marriott's Harbour Lake and 3 bonus nights snowed in at the Aiport Renaissance 2011 March Offsite (Marriott's Harbour Lake) 2012 August Offsite (Marriott's Grande Vista and Sabal Palms) March 2014 BWV
happymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:12 AM   #8
Mrs D
I realize most people don't hear editing

I agree that all Disney resorts really work well for kids and you should pick what fits your budget and appeals to you.

On our trip last Sept. we stayed at VWL. I really wanted a separate room to go to when the kids were napping. We did go back to the room every day as I had 2 that napped.

This year we are doing connecting (fingers crossed) rooms at Pop. Now only 1 naps and we're going to try to let her nap in the stroller and see how that goes. If we need to go back to Pop some days we will.

As far as I know all cribs are pack & plays. They provide fitted sheets for them. I brought my own blanket (and pillow this year).

HTH!

Mom/Son bday trip! 6/15**WDW, Frozen Summer Fun & Diagon Alley! Aug. '14*Ultimate Orlando w/WDW, WWoHP&Legoland + First DCL!!Jan '14**Princess Half Marathon Feb '12 AKV**Oct. 12 DL for Halloween Time!**Apr. 12 Pop/AKV, F&G fest+ 80th bday**Leap Day! 24hrs in MK & CR!**June 11-Pop & SWW**Oct. '10 Pixie Dust!Upgraded to GF!! Wine & Dine Half Relay!**Dec. 09 Christmas at Pop**Feb. 09 Girls Only BDAY trip@BWV!** Sept. 08 First trip for the little ones - VWL** Numerous trips throughout childhood.
Mrs D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:00 PM   #9
momofrrr
ILOVEEEYORE

When our kids were little we stayed in the Cabins at Ft Wilderness. We used the deck while they rested and as they woke they came out to play until everyone was up. Have a great trip!

DH Me DS (26) DD (22) DD (18)
momofrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:54 PM   #10
tookie
Mouseketeer

I would suggest the cabins at Fort Wilderness as well. They have a separate bedroom and a good sized living room. There is also a full size kitchen which is great to keep plenty of snacks on hand for hungry toddlers. The grounds are beautiful and would be great for nice walks while pushing a stroller. For the price, you can go wrong with a cabin! They are in between the price of a moderate and deluxe. Honestly, the space is great!!! We were in loop 2500 which was great because it was right next to the bus stop and the quieter Meadows Pool. We definitely plan to stay there again!!!
[IMG]http://i884
tookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:14 PM   #11
MImommy
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the great advice. I had better get out my Passporter and start shopping.

Tags
baby, hotel, thanksgiving

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: