Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2014, 01:50 AM   #1
Ross3half
Mouseketeer

SW ticket deals

Currently I can get our one-day SW tickets for our November trip for $69. Is this a good deal that I should secure now before it goes away or is there a good chance for a better price in the coming months? Thanks!
Disneyland: 5/2005 BW Anaheim Inn, 4/2006 Off-site, 12/2007 Carousel, 11/2008 Carousel, 5/2009 Carousel, 9/2009 GCH, 4/2010 HoJo, 3/2011 BW Meridian, 8/2011 Fairfield, 9/2012 BW Stovalls, Fairfield 8/2013
Ross3half is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:18 AM   #2
AprilRenee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross3half View Post
Currently I can get our one-day SW tickets for our November trip for $69. Is this a good deal that I should secure now before it goes away or is there a good chance for a better price in the coming months? Thanks!
Yes! Get it!
If I saw $69 tickets id snap those up

I live in STL so if you're closer to Florida you may possibly get $49 flights but southwest will refund you (to your account to use later) if their prices go down on your flight.
Id do it!

Pre Trip Report
Photobooks/TR linked below
May 2010 POP(Photobook); January 2011 ASMu (TR); January 2012 POP(Photobook)
AprilRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2014, 08:27 AM   #3
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Groupon is currently running an offer for a SeaWorld Fun Card for $74. If you were planning on visiting more than one day on your vacation (or want the option of doing so), then this would be your better deal. Plus, if you order through Ebates, you would get an additional 6% cash back ($4.44) making it essentially the same price as the one-day ticket.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:18 AM   #4
Ross3half
Mouseketeer

Sorry April, I should've said "Seaworld"...sometimes all these abbreviations get confusing!

Thanks for the Groupon tip Gina. At this point, we're only planning to go one day but maybe we could sneak another partial day into our plans for the week.
Disneyland: 5/2005 BW Anaheim Inn, 4/2006 Off-site, 12/2007 Carousel, 11/2008 Carousel, 5/2009 Carousel, 9/2009 GCH, 4/2010 HoJo, 3/2011 BW Meridian, 8/2011 Fairfield, 9/2012 BW Stovalls, Fairfield 8/2013
Ross3half is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:51 AM   #5
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross3half View Post
Sorry April, I should've said "Seaworld"...sometimes all these abbreviations get confusing!

Thanks for the Groupon tip Gina. At this point, we're only planning to go one day but maybe we could sneak another partial day into our plans for the week.
You're welcome.

Another offer that might be worth checking into is the "play and dine" promo, which gives you park admission + all day dining for $95. The all day dining is worth $30, so again, it brings your park admission down to about $65:

http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld...s/playanddine/

Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Old 07-09-2014, 03:37 PM   #6
misse336
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
You're welcome.

Another offer that might be worth checking into is the "play and dine" promo, which gives you park admission + all day dining for $95. The all day dining is worth $30, so again, it brings your park admission down to about $65:

http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld...s/playanddine/
That's a good price for adults!

A little bit less of a deal for kids since their meal plan is only $15, but great for adults since you don't have to worry about going on a weekday for the same price as dining+weekday ticket price.
misse336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:22 PM   #7
hbisch
Earning My Ears

If you have AAA they have the 1 day ticket + all day dining for $83.99 plus tax (it doesn't look like it is a FL resident only rate...)

And, when I went to Guest Relations at the end of the day to upgrade to a funpass, they gave me $82 credit towards the cost of the funpass, not a bad deal!
hbisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:27 AM   #8
bizziemom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Groupon is currently running an offer for a SeaWorld Fun Card for $74. If you were planning on visiting more than one day on your vacation (or want the option of doing so), then this would be your better deal. Plus, if you order through Ebates, you would get an additional 6% cash back ($4.44) making it essentially the same price as the one-day ticket.
OMG Thank you Gina for sharing this! I was about to purchase our tickets this week with the WENDYS2014 promo code, but this is a MUCH better deal!

Has anyone purchased these from Groupon?
Old 07-10-2014, 08:30 AM   #9
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizziemom View Post
OMG Thank you Gina for sharing this! I was about to purchase our tickets this week with the WENDYS2014 promo code, but this is a MUCH better deal!
You are most welcome . Enjoy your visits to SeaWorld!

Old 07-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #10
misse336
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Can you order these and then order just the all day dining from the SW website or do you have to have tickets directly from SW in your cart to buy the all day dining plan for children (there will be 4 adult tickets in my cart, but no kids tickets)?

I'm thinking of ordering 4 of the adult eat all day for free tickets and 3 of the tickets from Groupon for my kids + add the all day dining from the SW website for the kids. We're currently planning on going on a Friday, but I'm worried that we might get rained out and have to go on a Saturday in which case the weekday tickets would be void. This way we'd pay almost the same price but have the option to go on a Saturday if needed.

So many choices to consider when buying tickets, meal plans, etc for a first time visitor.

Last edited by misse336; 07-10-2014 at 04:21 PM.
misse336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:42 PM   #11
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by misse336

Can you order these and then order just the all day dining from the SW website or do you have to have tickets directly from SW in your cart to buy the all day dining plan for children (there will be 4 adult tickets in my cart, but no kids tickets)?

I'm thinking of ordering 4 of the adult eat all day for free tickets and 3 of the tickets from Groupon for my kids + add the all day dining from the SW website for the kids. We're currently planning on going on a Friday, but I'm worried that we might get rained out and have to go on a Saturday in which case the weekday tickets would be void. This way we'd pay almost the same price but have the option to go on a Saturday if needed.

So many choices to consider when buying tickets, meal plans, etc for a first time visitor.
Yes you can buy as many meal plans as you want. You dont have to have tickets in the cart for the meals. Some people buy tickets and meal plans separately.
Old Yesterday, 11:31 AM   #12
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmom27 View Post
Yes you can buy as many meal plans as you want. You dont have to have tickets in the cart for the meals. Some people buy tickets and meal plans separately.
^This^ .

Its actually one of the things I *LOVE* about SeaWorld (one of the many things, lol ). You can buy the dining plan no matter how you purchased your ticket. And you can even wait and buy it the day of your visit, right at the park. Its a marvellous system!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: