Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2014, 02:30 PM   #1
disneyred
DIS Veteran

Seaworld question ..

If planning to visit seaworld, should the family bring swimming suits ?
is there an area for the kids to play water ?
I am familiar with the blizzard beach water parks , just wondering if the younger kids are able to play water somewhere in their swim suits ??
thx !
disneyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:34 PM   #2
KBF
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyred View Post
I am familiar with the blizzard beach water parks , just wondering if the younger kids are able to play water somewhere in their swim suits ??
thx !
There are a few places where kids can play in water. There are a few jumping fountains in the waterfront area near all the gift shops. It's kind of hidden so you'll have to look for it, but it's there and not many people know about it.

There is also some places to play in Happy Harbor for kids and there are a few areas where kids get drenched in water in the play area.

Also, if you are planning to go to the Shamu show and you want to get wet, sit in the first few rows of seats and you may get soaked. That would also be a great place to wear a swimsuit.
KBF is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2014, 09:05 PM   #3
disneyred
DIS Veteran

Thanks for tips..I hope it was not a silly question...I just did not know what to expect..reading their website..it does not mention its a water park..so it is like a zoo atmosphere with shows and sea animals....
Is one day enough with 3 adults and 2 kids in the group?..to see the whole park?
disneyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:28 AM   #4
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for tips..I hope it was not a silly question...I just did not know what to expect..reading their website..it does not mention its a water park..so it is like a zoo atmosphere with shows and sea animals....
Is one day enough with 3 adults and 2 kids in the group?..to see the whole park?
Many folks will say that one day is enough, but if you want to see all the shows and ride all the rides (and do so at a nice, relaxing pace) then I highly recommend taking two day for SeaWorld if your itinerary will allow it.

We spent two jam-packed days there in August and were never bored!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:59 AM   #5
RabFlmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
thx !
Swimsuits really aren't the norm, but boys wearing baggies and a t-shirt or little girls wearing a suit under clothes and removing to let them stand under the one wave that comes over the rock or run through the sprinkler water spouts in the sidewalk would be enough. There are no changing facilities. It is not a water park really..... that would be Aquatica which is across the street. Some people do both and just wear sundresses over suits to go to shows at SW . Clothes dry quickly and if you get wet and have damp clothes on it does help keep you cooler in the summer 90 degree weather but can make you really cold in the cooler winter months.

As for swimsuits in the Shamu stadium down by the pool, you do get wet, but haven't really seen anyone wear a swimsuit. Not sure if it is even allowed-especially adults. Shirt and shoes probably a rule like in most places.

When are you going to be at SW? Sometimes the water isn't running and other exhibits are in their place.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:25 PM   #6
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks for tips..I hope it was not a silly question...I just did not know what to expect..reading their website..it does not mention its a water park..so it is like a zoo atmosphere with shows and sea animals.... Is one day enough with 3 adults and 2 kids in the group?..to see the whole park?
We have never felt like more than one day was needed. In fact, we never spend an entire day. However, we go in the off season midweek so that helps a lot.
ready2vacation is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: